- ► August (22)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ▼ March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
Monday, March 9, 2015
· Tues, March 10 Is The Deadline For Making Reservations for the Arrowhead Republican Women’s “Diamonds Are A Girl’s Best Friend” luncheon and fashion show scheduled at noon, Sat., March 12 at the Briarwood Country Club, 20800 135th Ave., Sun City West. $35 per person. Doors open at 11 am for shopping and socializing. Fashions from Dillard’s. Specialty vendors. Credit cards accepted by vendors. Special guests Sen Judy Burges and Debbie Lesko and Rep David Livingston and Phil Lovas and former AG Tom Horne. RSVP: Judi Bourd 623-433-9449; Jacky Oh: 623-481-0751.
· Phx City Councilman Bill Gates ‘Coffee Chat’ is scheduled at 7:30 am., Tues., March 10 at the Original Breakfast House, 13623 North 32nd St. Speakers include Kathryn Sorensen, Director, City of Phoenix Water Services Department, and Bill Wiley - Maricopa County Flood Control District. Gates next Coffee Chat is scheduled April 8 and May 12. Locations tba. See flyer for March 21 Cruisin' With Bill Gates North 32nd Community Event.
· LD21 Is Hosting Precinct Committeeman (PC) Training at 9 am, Sat., March 21at the West Valley GOP Office at 10050 W. Bell Rd. Suite 50, Sun City. Open to any Arizona PC. The suite is located on the east side of the building facing 99th Ave. This is a great opportunity for new PCs or long time party workers to learn about the party structure, party meetings and elections, and effective grassroots activist practices. RSVP to 1st Vice Chair Chris Herring at ChrisHerringAZ@yahoo.com
· A Reception Is Planned For Wisconsin Congressman Sean Duffy and his guest AZ Gov. Doug Ducey at 6 pm., March 10 at the Buffalo Chip Salon, 6851 E Cave Creek Road., Cave Creek, AZ. 5 pm host reception. Co-hosts include Sandy and Sal Bando, Elaine & Steve Kraut, Sharon & Mike Pretasky, Dolores & Everett Roehl, Tamie & Rick Roehl, Tulal & Trig Sobert, Barbara & Larry Wendt, and the Forest County Potawatomi Community. Attendees $50 per person. Host levels: $2700, $1,000, $500, $250. RSVP: Laura Gralton at 414-881-1005 or Laura@Graltonconsulting.com
· The Surprise Tea Party Patriots will meet at 6:30 pm., Tues., April 7 at the Sun City West Foundation Plaza, 14465 W. R H Johnson Blvd. Immediate past Maricopa County Republican Chairman A. J. LaFaro will address voter fraud as it pertains to harvesting, stuffing and tampering of the ballots. LaFaro is Current National Director, Arizona Republican Assembly (AzRA) and Past Chairman LD17 Republicans. He has been working for conservative principles and has not hesitated to shine a light on offenses within his own party. www.surpriseteapartypatriots.com
· The Northwest Valley Tea Party now meets at 6 pm., March 10 in the West Valley GOP office, 10050 W Bell Rd, Ste 50, Sun City, AZ 85351 (99th Ave just North of Bell Road. Contact: Ted Farmer firstname.lastname@example.org 360-271-6974. NWVTP meets the 2nd and 4th Tuesday.
· Jose Borrajero’s AZRRT Call To Action And Activity Report 150306 - 2115 Weekly update on what’s happening at the Arizona legislature. Fresh post every Friday.
· Updates On AZ Firearms Bills: See AzCDL www.azcdl.org/html/bill_tracking
Latest Actions On Bills: www.azleg.gov
· Thanks for the MCRC Briefs, editor ‘Frosty’ Taylor and web master John Strasser, for without them grass roots politics in Arizona would be pretty much in the dark. For those who get the ‘Briefs,’ compare the information with the Arizona Republican Party emails. Is there ever any political information that can be used in the latter as compared the ‘Briefs’??
Three ‘Briefs’ items - Jose Borrajero’s AZRRT Call To Action And Activity Report 150306 - 2115 , Congressman Paul Gosar: When I was first elected…. and The Arizona Republican Assembly (AzRA.)’ The first is information to keep up with the legislature. There is little evidence to show that the AZ GOP or Legislative District chairs bother to keep up with this. The second shows some of our federal representatives post comments about what they are doing. Rep Gosar said, “Furthermore, this year I will be traveling around the state on a “Solutions Tour . . . ” Since he represents only one ninth of the population, shouldn’t a state-wide fact-finding tour be conducted by a Federal Senator, or the AZ GOP chair?? And finally, why the ‘plug’ for the AzRA?? It seems obvious that another organization is trying to strengthen the party. Ever since the elected elite and RINOs took control of the party and turned it into a secondary campaign committee for election of primary winners, including RINOs, the term ‘leadership’ has been missing from the party leadership vocabulary. There are over 50 TEA party groups as well as numerous other political groups where one gets a lot of information, but where is the leadership? When the AZ GOP provides little or no information on issues of Republican values, no accountability of any elected, selective support of candidates why have a party? Perhaps the new Political Director of Operations at AZ GOP, Mr. Klahal, will give us some information as to what direction the AZ GOP is headed in the next two years.
· The Republican National Committee (RNC) used the vacuum Monday to keep the pressure on Clinton, noting a State Department policy requiring all outgoing employees to turn over job-related materials before leaving. The policy required such employees to sign a "separation statement" declaring they had "surrendered to responsible officials all unclassified documents" related to official business during their employment. RNC Chairman Reince Priebus said the "fact that Hillary Clinton did not abide by the same rules her State Department employees had to comply with is just the latest example of how the Clintons think the rules don't apply to them." Clinton left the State Department in early 2013. It was not immediately clear if Clinton signed the agreement but State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki said the secretary of state is supposed to follow such department policies. A Clinton spokesman did not immediately comment.
Obama Emailed Clinton On Her Private E-Dress The Republican National Committee accused the president of misleading the public about his knowledge of the account. "The president did in fact exchange emails with Hillary Clinton via her ‘homebrew’ account," said RNC spokesman Michael Short. "That makes his claim that he learned about it from news reports misleading at best."
· The Grand Opening For An Art Exhibit featuring award winning Taiwan Master Artist Chris Ho is scheduled at 10 am., Tues., March 10 at the State Capitol Museum, 1700 W Washington, Phx. Free entry and parking. Participants include Secretary of State Michele Reagan, Speaker of the House David Gowan, Hohttp://chrishotiger.com, Chairwoman of Phoenix Sister Cities Taipei Sister Cities Committee Lin Ling Lee, Sen John Kavanagh, and Magnet Traditional School students. Contact: Lin Ling Lee, Phoenix Sister Cities Taipei Sister Cities Chair email@example.com 602-418-8895 or Jason Czerwinski, Asst. Director Arizona Capitol Museum (602) 926-3621
· Freedom Fires Live Will Hear Gilbert Town Councilman Victor Petersen speak about Economics, "Gun Free Zones" And Liberty at the 6:30 pm., March 11 meetings at Burke Basic School, 131 E Southern Ave., Mesa. $2 admission.
· Wisc Gov Scott Walker will be the featured speaker at noon, Wed., March 25 at the Hugh Hewitt’s Arizona Chamber Leadership Series. $50 per person. Register here
· Legislative Dates To Remember:
ü March 20 - Last day for House consideration of Senate bills and Senate consideration of House bills.
ü April 17 - Last day for conference committees.
· Congressman Paul Gosar: I was extremely disappointed that Congress had a choice to stand against President Obama's executive amnesty, but failed to have the fortitude to reject this egregious overreach. I fear that our nation will look back on this decision and regret the unscrupulous precedent established allowing for ideological lawlessness which cannot ever be reversed. The consequences of a feckless balance of power are far reaching and will affect future events that we cannot begin to perceive.
For these reasons, I will never relent and never yield in my effort to return the balance of power in the United States to the American people and their elected Representatives. Nothing is more important than defending the rule of law and our Constitution. That's why I'm leading the charge to investigate the very real possibility that the president already violated the Antideficiency Act with his executive amnesty orders on immigration.
On November 21, 2014, one day after the president made his announcement regarding his executive actions on immigration, DHS posted 1,000 job openings—many of them permanent positions—signaling that the plans to make expenditures had been in place well before the president’s announcement. The administration has also announced that they will lease a massive new office in Crystal City, Virginia to house the new employees. Media reports indicate that these actions alone will squander at least $48 million in taxpayer money.
The Antideficiency Act clearly states "No money shall be drawn from the treasury, but in consequence of appropriations made by the law". This Act is derived from the Constitutional principal that only the Legislative branch of our government has the power to authorize government spending. Congress has not authorized this amnesty program or appropriated money to hire staff and rent buildings to process these illegal applications. I will use every possible tool available under the law to hold this out-of-control Administration accountable for their actions.
· Congressman Matt Salmon: February was dominated by the struggle in Congress to fund the Department of Homeland Security while defunding the President’s illegal executive actions that nullify our immigration laws. In the eleventh hour, the measure passed both chambers who provided little resistance to the President’s actions. I was not among those who went quietly. Not only did I oppose this bill, but rest assured that I will continue to fight for the institution of Congress. I also began my initiative to Target Cancer in the fiscal year 2016 budget. I firmly believe that we are in desperate need a much stronger commitment from our government to eradicating this devastating and deadly disease. We often talk about the importance of maintaining a robust defense for the purpose of saving American lives, but what good is it, if we don’t do anything to increase our commitment to protect the fifteen-hundred people who die every day by cancer, here in the United States. I’ll be sending you more information in the coming weeks about my initiative, as well as launching a page on my website with information on the solutions I’m proposing.
· Gov Doug Ducey: Over the past several months I’ve spent a fair amount of time with governors from both parties. The advice from all of them has been consistent:"No matter what, get your state’s budget balanced first. Once that’s accomplished then you can tackle everything else.”Working with the Arizona Legislature we did that this week, passing a budget that puts us on the path to structural balance for the first time since 2007. It wasn’t easy. We made real reductions to government spending and accomplished permanent decisions that reform government – rather than just biting around the edges.
Not only will we have a leaner government; we’ll have a better one, more accountable to the taxpayers. And we did all this Without raising taxes.
Naturally, the spending lobby and special interests don’t like it. They just assume government gets bigger and spends more. I happen to believe government shouldn’t spend money that doesn’t exist. One thing I’m particularly proud of is that we did all this while protecting education. Here are three facts I’d like you to know about state support for education spending:
1. This budget is the most Arizona has EVER spent on education in our state’s history
2. 49% of the state's $9.1 billion budget will go to education (K-12 and universities combined)
3. This budget includes more than $600 million in general fund dollars for universities, representing 7% of the state's budget
Our budget is values-based. We set priorities and trimmed back where it matters, protecting the areas that I know we all care the about most. Thank you for reading this, and thank you for your ongoing support. Angela and I are grateful for all the expressions of support we get from friends every day, and we appreciate it more than you know!!!
· Governor's Office: Phoenix: 602.542.4331 and Tucson: 520.628.6580. Mail letters to Gov Doug Ducey, Executive Tower, 1700 W Washington Street; Phoenix, Arizona 85007 http://azgovernor.gov/governor/form/contact-governor-ducey
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
TUESDAY, MARCH 10
· The LD28 Meeting has been changed from March 10 to March 11 at Vincent’s on Camelback, according to LD28 Chairman Vernon Parker.
· LD13 will meet at 6:30 pm., March 10 at Total Wine and More, 1416 N Litchfield Rd, Goodyear, AZ. 85395, according to Chairman Dick Landis (602) 625-0431.
· The LD27 South Mountain Republicans will meet at 6:30 pm for dinner, followed by a 7 pm meeting on Tues., March 10 at the Jumbo Buffet (NE Corner Of 35th Avenue And Southern) . Events in LD27 will be the topic of discussion. They plan a ‘Patriots In The Park’ on March 14 At El Reposo Park, an upcoming gun raffle and are recruiting LD27 Teenage Republicans (TARS). Executive Committee Contacts: Chr Ron Harders – Hbaronaz@Msn.Com - 602-243-0111; 1st Vice Chairman Jose Tello – Josertello01@Gmail.Com - 480-309-5182 And 2nd Vice Chairman Chris Morrill – Bikeartchris@Yahoo.Com - 480-415-2453.
· The Sahuarita Tea Party Patriots will meet at 6:30 pm., March 10 at the Triple Play Restaurant on W. Duval Mine Road. Speakers will be past NRA president Sandy Froman, and Constitutional Sheriff Richard Mack. www.sahuaritateapartypatriots.com
· The Mingus Mt. Republican Club Luncheon (2ndTues) will meet at 11:15 am, March 10 at the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post #7400, 705 E Aspen St., Cottonwood. CD4 Congressman Paul Gosar will address “Listening And Working Together to Find Solutions for the 4th District and Our Country. Jack Tinnell will discuss Pres. Alexander Hamilton. RSVP - Niles Haton 928-649-1643. Mingus_Mountain@hotmail.com
A Fundraiser For Bill Gates For Phoenix City Council is scheduled from 5:30-7:30 pm., Wed., March 11 at the home of Councilman Jim and Kitty Waring. Guests include Congressman David Schweikert, Gov Doug Ducey, Secretary of State Michel Reagan, and Councilmen Thelda Williams and Sal DiCiccio. RSVP: Crystal Bradley 602-339-0831 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Pima County GOP Chairman Bill Beard recommends Tucson Republicans provide input to the City Charter proposals at 5 pm., March 10 at the El Pueblo Neighborhood Center, and at 5 pm., March 12 at Morris K Udall Regional Center.
· The Sun Lakes Republican Club will feature Ronald Colburn, former National Deputy Chief of the U.S. Border Patrol within U.S. Customs and Border Protection, at 6:30 pm., Tues, March 10 in the Arizona Room of the Sun Lakes Country Club, 25601 N. Sun Lakes Blvd., Sun Lakes, AZ 85248. The public is encouraged to attend this presentation on the status and history of our border security. Colburn has one of the most extensive backgrounds in border security in the world today, having served in critical operational positions in the field and at the headquarters of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency for over 30 years. Colburn is a national security consultant with Command Consulting Group and currently resides in Peoria, with his wife, and represents one of four generations from his family with extensive Border Patrol experience: His grandfather patrolled the border in the early 1900s with a "Mounted Guard" horse patrol unit. His father served nearly 30 years in various Border Patrol and INS positions and retired in the early 1990s. Chief Colburn's youngest son is currently a Supervisory U.S. Border Patrol Agent. Rep. JD Mesnard will give an up the Legislative Session. Contact: Mike Tennant, 480-802-0178 or http://slgop.org,
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 11
· Congresswoman Martha McSally will hold a town hall discussion with Raytheon Missile Systems employees in Tucson on Wed, March 11 to discuss national defense and other issues. Raytheon employs nearly 10,000 people in Southern Arizona, making it the region’s largest private employer. Contact: Patrick Ptak at email@example.com or (202) 603-3100.
THURSDAY MARCH 12
· LD23 will meet at 7 pm, Thurs, March 12 at the Via Linda Senior Center, 10440 N via Linda Blvd, Scottsdale. Sign in - 6:30 pm. Last month, Dustin Romney spoken in favor of an Article V Convention of States, which is different from a Constitutional Convention. This month, former AZ Representative Barbara Blewster will speak against such a convention. All who are interested in this subject are welcome. Chr Jim O’Connor firstname.lastname@example.org Locations vary/ tba. www.ld23gop.org
· Reservations Are Due March 12 for the March 14 Paradise Republican Women luncheon at Gainey Ranch Golf Club, 7600 E Gainey Club Drive, Scottsdale, AZ 85258 with Clint Bolick, Vice-President of litigation at Goldwater Insistue and co-author of ‘Immigration Wars’ with Jeb Bush. 10:30 am social. 11 am program. $30 per person. Reservations/checks to PRWC , PO Box 14425, Scottsdale, AZ 85267. RSVP deadline: March 12. www.prwc.org
· ‘Women2Women Conversations Tour’ will be conducted from 5:30-7 pm, Thurs., March 12 at the Embassy Suites, 2630 E Camelback Rd., Phx. Speakers include US Reps Martha McSally, Susan Brooks (IN) and Renee Ellmers (NC). Lisa Atkins is the moderator. This is the first Women 2 Women Conversation Tour designed to bring female voters together to discuss issues of concern. Free admission, Coctails and light refreshments will be served. RSVP: www.mainstreetadvocacy.com/women/. Copy your RSVP to Jane Lynch (email@example.com) who will follow-up with you closer to the event.
· Congressman Paul Gosar will attend the 5:30 pm., Thur., March 12 Bullhead City Town Hall Meeting in the Bullhead City Council Chambers, 2355 Trane Road, Bullhead City, AZ.
The Fountain Hills VFW Post 7507 has tickets to the 7 pm., Thurs., March 12 Coyotes v Chicago Blackhawks Hockey game. Upper deck - $110, lower deck - $60. Ticket purchase contact: Carl Krawczyk c.krawczyk@hotmail or call 480-215-3899
· Retired U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O’Conner and historic preservationist and arts advocate Elisabeth F. Ruffner will be the first living inductees to the Arizona Women’s Hall of Fame during the Induction Ceremony scheduled at 3 pm., Mar. 12 at 3 p.m. at the Arizona Historical Society Museum, 1300 N. College Ave., in Tempe, Ariz. A reception follows immediately. The event is free and open to the public. Limited seating requires reservations at www.azwhf.org.
2015 Posthumous Inductees
ü Marietta Bryant (1911-2003) & Daisy Moore (1908-1985).
ü Lorraine W. Frank (1923-2005)
ü Louise Foucar Marshall (1864-1956)
ü Helen K. Mason (1912-2003)
ü Lucy Sikorsky, M.D. (1899-1972)
FRIDAY, MARCH 13
· LD17 Will Host A Voter Registration Tent at the Ostrich Festival the evenings of March 13 and 14, plus all day March 15.
· The Graham County Republican Committee will meet at noon March 13 in the Manor House Glass Room, 415 E. Highway 70, Safford. No cost to attend. Lunch is available for purchase.
SATURDAY MARCH 14
· LD27 Is Hosting A ‘Patriots In The Park Community Gathering’ between 11 am-5 pm, Sat., March 14 at El Reposo Park, 502 E. Alta Vista Road Phoenix, AZ 85042 -- featuring free food, raffles and fun for all. Bring 5 canned food items to donate for the Society of St. Vincent de Paul . Contact our South Mountain Precinct Committeemen to purchase a 50/50 Raffle Ticket. Event contacts: Chairman Ron Harders at firstname.lastname@example.org 1st VC Jose Tello at email@example.com or 2nd VC Chris Morrill at firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Paradise Republican Women will meet for lunch Sat., March 14 at Gainey Ranch Golf Club, 7600 E Gainey Club Drive, Scottsdale, AZ 85258 with Clint Bolick, Vice-President of litigation at Goldwater Insistue and co-author of ‘Immigration Wars’ with Jeb Bush. 10:30 am social. 11 am program. $30 per person. Reservations/checks to PRWC , PO Box 14425, Scottsdale, AZ 85267. RSVP by Thurs., March 12. www.prwc.org
LD 9 Will Meet At 9 AM On Sat, March 14 at La Paloma Urgent Care, 4001 E. Sunrise Dr. Tucson, 85718. Speakers will be Nick Dranius and Rep. Mark Finchem. Contact Chr Brad Johns email@example.com
Clint Bolick, VP of Litigation for the Goldwater Institute and Co-Author of Immigration Wars with Jeb Bush will address the Paradise Republican Women at their March 14 luncheon at Gainey Ranch Golf Club, 7600 E Gainey Club Dr., Scottsdale. 10:30 am social. 11 am lunch. $30 per person. RSVP by March 12.
· Volunteers Are Needed March 14 And 15 by the NRA-ILA for the Mesa Gun Show to man booths starting at 9 am in Centennial Hall, 201 N Center St., Mesa. Contact: Michael Horanburg firstname.lastname@example.org · 505-261-2087
· Harry Plummer, Headmaster of Ville de Marie Academy, will address ‘Common Core’ at the Sat., March 14 Pro-Life Inter-Faith Conference . Register www.evprolifealliance.org or Life@EVProLifeAlliance.org ~ Call: 480-216-7217.
· The AZ East Valley Pro-Life Alliance Pro-Life Inter-Faith Conference is scheduled from 9 am-3 pm., Sat., March 14 the at the Windemere Conference Center, 5750 E. Main Street, Mesa. Speaker Fr. Andrew Kemberling will address the hard truths about Socialism and its Incompatibility with Christianity. Others confirmed speakers include Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio, Priests for Life Director Father Frank Pavone, Light of Hope Institute Pastor C. T. Wright, Founder, Maricopa County Supervisor Steve Chucri, Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery, Former Maricopa Co. Attorney Andrew Thomas, Founder & President AIFD Zuhdi Jasser, M.D., LD 25 Rep Justin Olson, LD13 Rep Steve Montenegro, and Frontline Fellowship Chairman Rev. Bill Bathman. Limited Seating. $35 – conference breakfast and buffet lunch. $45 – booth, conference, breakfast and lunch. Registration Life@EVProLifeAlliance.org or www.evprolifealliance.org Information: 480-216-7217.
· Jeff Flake: #Porkchops: Porknado
· Laurie Roberts: Regent: Can We Sue Ducey Over University Budgets?
· Robert Robb: Redistricting Reaction: 'OMG, They Might Win'
· Make-Permanent-Provision-To-Encourage-Food-Donations By Congresswoman Martha McSally
· Arizona-Groundwater-Management 35 Yrs Later Still Pumping Too Much Water
· What Has Happened To Parents By Pastor Roger Anghis
· American Muslim Plotted To Kill Obama And Bomb Capitol: “I’m Very Dedicated To Establish The Sharia In America, To Wage War Against Non-Muslims,” “We Are Indeed Here In America, “We’re In Each And Every State”
· AZGOP financial reports filed/ AZ Sec of State azsos.gov/cfs/FilerDetail
· FEC Filing Updated/Current AZGOP Financials Info CandidateCommitteeDetail.do?canId
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2No Border News Watch
WAR ON WOMEN
JUDGE JEANINE PIRRO
BILL AND HILLARY
· The-Clinton-Foundation-And-Haiti-Contracts After The Earthquake In 2010, The Clintons’ Outsize Influence In The Small Nation Increased.
· Christians-To-Storm-Boehner-Office-For-Massive-Sit-In Fed Up With Republican Inaction: 'We Are Going To Risk Arrest'
COMMON CORE/AGENDA 21
SECRETARY OF STATE