- ► May (24)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ▼ March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
Sunday, March 15, 2015
· John McCain is Desperate: Will Vote Against Loretta Lynch …McCain is in panic mode. He’s going to get a real primary challenge next year if he decides to run for reelection. This time it’ll be a fight to the death.
· Breitbart: McCain-Comes-Out-Against-Loretta-Lynch-As-Primary-Challengers-Loom-Build-The-Danged-Fence-Redux … As two hefty primary challengers loom back home in Arizona ahead of his expected run for re-election to the U.S. Senate, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) has come out publicly against the nomination of U.S. Attorney Loretta Lynch to be Attorney General because of her support for President Barack Obama’s executive amnesty …Two of the four Senate Republicans publicly supportive of Lynch’s nomination are close McCain allies: Sens. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) and Jeff Flake (R-AZ).
· AZ-Kelli-Ward: If-Flake-Or-Graham-Votes-For-Loretta-Lynch-John-McCain-Owns-It-Personally …Sen. John McCain won’t be able to just skate by if he merely votes against U.S. Attorney Loretta Lynch as President Barack Obama’s nominee to replace Eric Holder as Attorney General, Arizona state Sen. Kelli Ward told Breitbart News. …Ward said that if McCain’s allies, particularly Sens. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) or Jeff Flake (R-AZ), move forward with their plans to vote for Lynch’s nomination, McCain will be personally responsible for their actions, since McCain is extraordinarily close with Flake and has endorsed Graham’s fledgling potential 2016 presidential campaign.
· Jose Borrajero’s AZRRT Call To Action And Weekly Report 150314-1600
Weekly update on what’s happening at the Arizona legislature. Fresh post every Saturday.
· Updates On AZ Firearms Bills: See AzCDL www.azcdl.org/html/bill_tracking
Latest Actions On Bills: www.azleg.gov
· Arizona Republican Assembly President Thayer Verschoor: Sad to say, but it looks like the legislature slipped one by us in the Budget. SB1469 / HB2671 as transmitted to the Governor and signed, made the SBE a new and separate agency and gave them not just two full time employees but grew it to 11 full time employees and $1,705,000 lump sum appropriation. While they stopped moving HB2184 with the Ward amendment making the SBE a separate agency they put it in the budget and expanded the authorized number of employees. So it isn't about " 2 employees" as Senator Ward said in committee, they are now authorized 11 FTE. Contact Verschoor 602-703-0266
· Tea Party Patriots Are Hosting A Tele Town Hall with Wisc Gov Scott Walker at 8 pm (ET) Mon., March 16. Registration/ details here.
· AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham will attend the Arizona Republican Party West Valley office coffee at 9:30 am., Tues., March 17. Director of Operations Jennifer Bontrager will participant in their discussion. Ted Farmer is the facilitator for the Tues coffee klatch.
· West Valley GOP office co-managers Ted Farmer, Phyllis Lee and Gini Keating are gather names for name badges for office volunteers. Volunteers should let them what they want on their badges, according to Office Manager Peter Lee.
· The Pima County Republican Club will meet at 11:30 am, Tues., March 17 at the Sabbar Center, 450 S Tucson Blvd., to hear Talk Radio host Charles Heller with Liberty Watch address “Background Checks”
· Gov Doug Ducey: Last week I signed Arizona's Balanced Budget. Our state is finally back on track to eliminate our structural deficit and we did it without raising taxes or compromising Arizona's core values. Education is a top priority for Arizonans and a top priority for my administration. That's why this budget not only protects classroom spending, it increases classroom spending. Teachers need to have the proper resources to ensure their students are successful. They receive the help and support they need in this budget. Across the state, Arizonans are proud of our commitment to improving education outcomes for all. Watch what Daryl Colvin, a Gilbert Unified School District school board member, is saying about our budget putting #ClassroomsFirst.
· An ‘Update From Capitol Hill,’ featuring Sens John McCain and Jeff Flake, is scheduled at 11:30 am., April 7 by the Arizona Chamber of Commerce, Greater Phoenix Leadership, and Arizona Manufacturer’s Council. Registration opens at 10:30 am. $65 for members, $80 for non-members. Contact: Cylee Gutting email@example.com
· Joseph Hobbs Responds To ‘Update’ Costs: Thanks for the invitation to this wonderful event but I still have not won the lottery. I am a retired veteran on a fixed income unable to spend $80 to come to an event like this to hear my tax paid Senators tell me what they did for me. Hopefully they will have “you know who” behind bars by then using Article III, Section 3 of the US Constitution dealing with Treasonous acts and they can give us a report about which one of them “tazed” him first. But if they suddenly perform their duty I will scrape up the money from somewhere and come to hear them report.
· LD22 PC Heather Morgan is calling for volunteers to bring dishes for their 6:30 pm., Mon., March 16 meeting/pot luck buffet scheduled at the Westbrook Vistas Rec Center, 18825 N Country Club Pkwy, Peoria, AZ 85382. $5 for buffet to offset the cost of the meeting. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org, 602-410-9817. Contact: LD22 Chairman Eric Morgan email@example.com
· LD25 First Vice Chair Haydee Dawson is busy lining up speakers for their monthly meetings (7 pm., 3rd Thurs at 640 N Mesa Drive Mesa, AZ. Doors open at 6:45 pm ). Rep. Justin Olson and Sen. Kelli Ward will be speaking at the March 19 meeting. Mayor Giles has been invited to speak in April (not confirmed yet). State Treasurer Jeff DeWit is slated for the 7 pm., May 21 meeting. House Speaker David Gowan and Majority Leader Steve Montenegro are lined up for June, and David Richins is invited for September. Contact: 1VC Haydee Dawson firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Eastside Republican Club will meet at 6:30 pm., Wed., March 18 in the Bear Canyon Library Community Rm, 8959 E Tanqu Verde to hear Tucson District 1 Supervisors Ally Miller address "Transparency & Accountability" (map)
· The Quail Creek Republican Club is scheduled to meet Fri., March 20 in the Madera Clubhouse, 2045 East Quail Crossing Boulevard, Green Valley, AZ 85614 (map) to hear Ray Carroll. Contact Lee Cornelison at 980-333-1759.
· The Pinal County Tea Party will meet at 6:30 pm., Mon., March 16 (1st & 3rd Mondays) at the Legacy Suites, 540 N. Cacheris Court, Casa Grande, Arizona (map) Contact: Steve Kohut (520) 241-5034, email@example.com
· Activist Jim Ehl: As ‘Tip’ O’Neil, a prominent Democrat and Speaker Of The House years ago, said, “All politics is local!” From ‘local’ to leadership. We know that John McCain and Jeff Flake voted for Mitch McConnell to be the Senate Majority leader, and that Matt Salmon, David Schweikert, Martha McSally, and Trent Franks voted for John Boehner to be their Speaker of the House. Who usually votes for someone with whom they don’t usually approve of, or agree? Now for we ‘peon voters,’ did we vote for anyone that didn’t profess our politically aligned view? So, who is to keep track of seeing if our elected elite are following the will of the people? Surely not the AZ GOP leadership, right? Isn’t each voter supposed to do research every day to see if the elected they voted for is doing a good job, and if not, send him/her a letter? Well if that be the case, why expect the county chairs and state chairs to do anything so why not do away with the party? The will of the people showed their dissatisfaction with D.C. by first giving the house back to the Republicans. Then as things got worse in D.C. the voters gave the Senate back to the Republicans. And in Arizona what has happened? McSally, the newest member of the house, voted with the Democrats and the AZ GOP said nothing. Now it looks like Flake is snubbing his nose at Arizona voters and AZ GOP says nothing. It’s your political party. Someday the ‘chickens will come home to roost.
· GOP, Retire Rubber Stamp, Reject Loretta Lynch as AG …This begs the question, why did voters send Republicans to Congress? It certainly was not a mission to be a rubber stamp for the most liberal President in our nation’s history.
· The Leisure World Republican Club will meet at 7 pm., Mon., March 16 with Rep Russell ‘Rusty’ Bowers and Republican Party of Maricopa County Second Vice Chairman Aaron Borders in the Club Room.
· The Chino Valley Pachyderm will meet at 6 pm., Thur., March 19 at the Bonn Fire Restaurant, Hwy 89 in Chino Valley to hear Trevor Laky from the Heritage Foundation. Reservations required. RSVP: Sue Goodchild firstname.lastname@example.org or 636-7355.
· Chino Valley Pachyderm Chairman Sue Goodchild has announced that Tom Jenney of Americans for Prosperity will address the group on April 16 at the Bonn Fire Restaurant in Chino Valley. Alex Meluskey, who has announced he is running again Sen John McCain for the Senate seat in 2016, will speak at the May 21 meeting.
· Immediate Past AZGOP Chairman And Author Tom Morrissey has been notified that his third book - “In Search of the Sacred Chamber” – is listed at #10 on Amazon’s Metaphysical Fiction (Kindle) genre list of 7,000 books. If you read his book, he asks that you go to Amazon and write a review. Actor Steven Segal and Morrissey are currently co-writing “Shadow Wolves,” an adventure-thriller that should be published this fall.
· Congresswoman Martha McSally: This week she traveled throughout Southern Arizona to meet with constituents. From town halls to sitting down with constituent groups and speaking on critical issues. Her agenda included:
ü Town halls at Raytheon Missile Systems and Presdio High School students.
ü Called on Secretary of Defense Ash Carter to halt disproportionate cuts to the A-10 and Davis-Monthan. Letter HERE.
ü Presented the Congressional Gold Medal, nation's highest civilian award, to Dorothy Hansen, Evelyn Hoagland and William Carney for their contributions to our defense during World War II. Dorothy did whatever was needed of her as a Civil Air Patrol cadet: maintaining aircraft, dragging runways, constructing bombs, and helping set up training exercises. She enlisted in the Marines and served during the Korean War. Evelyn served in the Civil Air Patrol as a flight adjutant and Bill served as a radio technician. They married and moved to New Jersey. Their medals were received by their daughter, Karen.
ü Spoke at the Huachuca 50’s Annual Dinner. Fort Huachuca has the biggest economic impact of any base in Arizona, employing approximately 7,000 civilians and 5,000 active duty troops. Sierra Vista Herald HERE.
ü Spoke with members of the Huachuca 50.
ü Met with University of Arizona South staff in Sierra Vista.
ü Toured the U of A South Campus with Dean Jim Shockey.
ü Attended the Pima Air and Space Museum's Women in Flight Showcase
ü Toured General Dynamics Information Technology Fort Huachuca/Sierra Vista Headquarters
ü Meet with members of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
ü Met With the U.S. Naval Sea Cadet Corps
ü Attended the Wild West Days Parade in Tombstone
· AZ AG Mark Brnovich Letter On In-State Tuition For Undocumented Students - To Raul Grijalva, Ann Kirkpatrick, and Ruben Gallego, members of congress: Thank you for your letter dated March 3rd, 2015, concerning in-state tuition for those without lawful status in the United States. In November of 2006, Proposition 300 was approved with more than 70% of the vote, reserving certain taxpayer funded benefits to citizens, legal residents, and persons who otherwise have lawful immigration status. The voters were clear on this subject:
"A person who is not a citizen of the United States, who is without lawful immigration status and who is enrolled as a student at any university under the jurisdiction of the Arizona board of regents or at any community college under the jurisdiction of a community college district in this state is not entitled to tuition waivers, fee waivers, grants, scholarship assistance, financial aid, tuition assistance or any other type of financial assistance that is subsidized or paid in whole or in part with state monies." (A.R.S. § 15-1825(A)).
The United States Citizenship and Immigration Service, which you cite with authority, makes clear that "[D]eferred Action does not confer lawful status upon an individual." In Arizona Dream Act Coalition v. Brewer the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that "DACA recipients enjoy no formal immigration status." Indeed, the Constitution reserves this power for Congress. ("The Congress shall have the power to ... establish a uniform rule of naturalization." Article I, Section 8, Clause 4).
As the Attorney General I have taken an oath to uphold and enforce the law and to defend the Constitutions of Arizona and of the United States. Here, the people of Arizona have spoken unambiguously and their elected and appointed representatives, including the community colleges and my office, are bound to follow. - Mark Brnovich, Attorney General of Arizona
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
TUESDAY, MARCH 17
· The Daisy Mountain Tea Party Patriots will meet at 6:30 pm, Tues, March 17 to celebrate St. Patricks’ Day and hear John Trudel, Author Of Soft Target, Gods House , Privacy Wars And his newest book Ravens Run; and custom home designer Rusdon Ray address international building codes implemented under Agenda 21. The mtg will be held at the Anthem Civic Building, 3701 W. Anthem Way, Anthem, AZ 85086. Chr Vera Anderson 602-821-4675 Veraanderson41@Gmail.Com
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 18
· The Verde Valley Republican Women Luncheon is held the 3rd Wed of the month at the Sedona Rouge Hotel & Spa, 2250 E Hwy 89A, Sedona. $17 each. Speaker: Drake Mitchell of the AZ Citizens Defense League will address gun owner registration. Verde Valley Fire Chief Nazih Hzaine will talk about fire safety. RSVP - Erma Sesek - 928-284-4248 or Sesek@q.com.
· The Pinal County Republicans Booth will be open between March 18 and 22 at the Pinal County Fair Grounds.
· The Palo Verde Republican Women Luncheon is scheduled at 11:30 am., at the Grayhawk Golf Club, 8620 East Thompson Peak Parkway, Scottsdale. Social 11 am. Lunch $25. Frank Riggs, President/CEO of Scottsdale-based Joe Foss Institute, will be the speaker. RSVP: Contact Edith Stock, email@example.com or call 480-298-7818 for reservations.
· Former Sheriff Richard Mack will address Freedom Fires at 7 pm., March 18 at the Faith Christian School, 7464 E Main St., Mesa. Doors open at 6 pm. A graduate of the FBI National Academy, Mack and six other sheriffs from across the country, challenged the constitutionality of the Brady Bill in 1994. (States would be required to enforce the "Brady Bill" and run background checks at their expense) ultimately, they fought it all the way to the United States Supreme Court, where they won a monumental decision for freedom. Admission $2.50 for adults (17 and under – free). FreedomFires.com.
THURSDAY, MARCH 19
· The Tempe Republican Meetup is scheduled at 6:30 pm., at the Boulders on Broadway, 530 W Broadway Rd. No speakers. No agenda. Just good food, good fun, good people.
· The Colorado River Tea Party - Yuma will meet at 6 pm., at the Community Christian Church, 6480 E Hwy 95, Yuma, to hear Nat'l Director of AZ Republican Assembly A J LaFaro address “Ballot Harvesting, Stuffing, And Tampering And Closing The Republican Primaries” in Arizona. Contact: Chr Sally Kizer firstname.lastname@example.org 928-210-1219 www.coloradoriverteaparty.org
· LD24 Will Entertain Attorney General Mark Brnovich during its 7 pm., Thurs., March 19 meeting scheduled at AZGOP headquarters, 3501 N. 24th St., Phx. Sign-in 6:30 pm. Gina McCracken will provide refreshments. Program Chairman Carole Joyce reports that State Treasurer Jeff DeWit will speak at the April 16 meeting. Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery is slated for the May meeting.
FRIDAY, MARCH 20
· The Tempe Republican Women are in need of donations for their March 20 and 21 garage sale. Call 480-306-2545 or email email@example.com to arrange for pick up or drop off. They also need volunteers to help staff the weekend sale.
· The Republican Women of Pinal County at 10:30 am., March 20 - 3rd Friday of each month- at 64500 E. SaddleBrooke Road, Tucson.
· Fountain Hills Republican Club schedule through June:
ü March 21 – Annual fundraising breakfast, FH Community Center, 13001 N LaMontana Dr. . Speaker Attorney General Mark Brnovich. $12 advance membership tickets. $15 non-members or pay at the door. Reservations: Treasurer, Fountain Hills Republican Club, P.O. Box 17814, Fountain Hills, AZ 85269. Contact: Nicole Oswald, RepLady2015@outlook. com or 480 837-7878 or Fountain Hills Republican Club firstname.lastname@example.org
ü April 18 – 9 am, FH Community Cntr, 13001 N La Montana Dr., Fountain Hills. Social – 8:30 am. Speaker Congressman David Schweikert. Contact: email@example.com.
ü May 16 – Speaker – Supt of Public Instruction Diane Douglas.
ü June 20 –Speaker - Jon Riches from the Goldwater Institute .
ü FHRC GOP Socials: Last Tuesday of each month 6 pm. Location tba.
· The Gila County Republican Committee Lincoln Dinner is scheduled at 6 pm., March 20 at the Rim Golf Club, Payson. Speakers: Congressman David Schweikert and Attorney General Mark Brnovich. Contact: 928-951-6774.
· The Las Fuentes Village Forum meets at 3 pm., March 20 at 1045 Scott Dr., Prescott. Speakers: Prescott Police Chief Jerold Monahan and Prescott Fire Chief Dennis Light. Contact: Jacquie Auwarter 928 776 7453.
SATURDAY, MARCH 21
· LD21 Is Hosting Precinct Committeeman (PC) Training at 9 am, Sat., March 21at the West Valley GOP Office at 10050 W. Bell Rd. Suite 50, Sun City. Open to any Arizona PC. The suite is located on the east side of the building facing 99th Ave. This is a great opportunity for new PCs or long time party workers to learn about the party structure, party meetings and elections, and effective grassroots activist practices. RSVP to 1st Vice Chair Chris Herring at ChrisHerringAZ@yahoo.com
· A Cruisin’ With Bill Gates North 32nd Community Event is scheduled between 8 am and noon, Sat., March 21 on the NE corner of 32nd St/Shea Blvd in
ü 8 am - Noon: Local Business Open Booths
ü 8 -9 am: Registration & Refreshments, Bike Rodeo & Car Seat Safety Check
ü 9 am: Bike Raffle Giveaway
ü 9-10 am:Community Bike Ride
ü 10am - Noon: Open Booths
ü Bike Helmets (ages 5-18 while supplies last)
For a complete list of booths, visit www.phoenix.gov/district3
· The Arrowhead Republican Women’s “Diamonds Are A Girls Best Friend’ fundraiser luncheon/fashion show is scheduled at noon, Sat., March 21. Doors open at 11 am for shopping and socializing at the Briarwood Country Club, 20800 135th Ave., Sun City West, AZ. Raffles, entertainment, prizes and vendors offering specialty items. Special guests include Former State Attorney General Tom Horne, Senats Debbie Lesko and Judy Burges, Reps David Livingston and Phil Lovas. $35 each. RSVP: Contact Judi Bourd: 623-433-9449 or Jacky Oh: 602-481-0751.
· The Yavapai County Republicans Lincoln/Reagan Dinner and the "Wearing of the Green" dinner is scheduled at 6:30 pm, March 21 at the Prescott Resort. 5:30 pm cocktails. Sen Jon Kyl has been invited to be the speaker. Confirmation pending. Congressman Paul Gosar and David Schweikert will be in attendance..Contact: Nettie Lamerson 928-499-0344, or call Republican HQ 928-776-4500.
· The AZ Heroes To Hometowns “Salute A Soldier 5K” is scheduled Sat., March 21 starting at Freestone Park, 1045 E Juniper, Gilbert. Enter now for the $10 discounted registrations fees to the 5K run/1mile walk. Cost: $40 5K Run or $25 1 Mile Walk (family rates available). Race ceremonies start promptly at 7:45 am. The 1 mile walk starts at 8 am, followed by the 5K run at 8:20am. Registration: Account on http://www.active.com/gilbert-az/running/races/salute-a-soldier-5k-2015?int= use discount code SAS10 until Feb 28th to receive $10 off the 5K. Military member/veterans use code MIL05 for $5 off the military rate, or go to website www.AZHeroestoHometowns.org fill out the registration and use PayPal. Contact: www.AZHeroestoHometowns.org for information or sponsorship or Kathy Pearce firstname.lastname@example.org or 480-330-1632. discounts:
ü Military discounts: Feb 1 -Mar 19 use discount code MIL05 for $5 off the military rate for 5K Run
ü Discounts will not be honored after the expiration date.
· AZ Attorney General Mark Brnovich speak to the Fountain Hills Republican Club at its annual fundraising breakfast scheduled Sat., March 21. $12 advance tickets for members. $15 for non-members or those who pay at the door. Breakfast to be held at the Fountain Hills Community Center, 13001 N La Montana Drive. Reservations: Send checks to Treasurer, Fountain Hills Republican Club, P.O. Box 17814, Fountain Hills, AZ 85269. Info Nicole Oswald, RepLady2015@outlook.com or 480 837-7878 or Fountain Hills Republican Club (email@example.com).
· John McCain is Desperate: Will Vote Against Loretta Lynch His current position, voting against Loretta Lynch as Eric Holder’s replacement, is nothing more than “complete the dang fence” and it won’t sell with Arizona’s conservative primary voters.
· AZGOP financial reports filed/ AZ Sec of State azsos.gov/cfs/FilerDetail
· FEC Filing Updated/Current AZGOP Financials Info CandidateCommitteeDetail.do?canId
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2No Border News Watch
WAR ON WOMEN
JUDGE ANDREW NAPOLITANO
BILL AND HILLARY
Orwellian-Nightmare-Unleashed-On-Schoolkids Teachers Now Thought Police With Extreme New Spy 'Tools'
SECRETARY OF STATE