- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ▼ April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
Saturday, April 18, 2015
· Briefs Started Receiving Messages about 8:45 am Saturday, April 18 from Republican leaders/activists reporting that sheriff’s deputies were politely telling elected precinct committeemen to stay off of the Arizona State Republican headquarters property at 3501 N 24th St. in Phoenix. Deputies informed the quiet 25-30 protestors that the “orders came from inside.” The party ‘workers bees’ report they were told they could not enter the building, nor be in the parking lot. The grassroots party members faced arrest if they didn’t stay on the sidewalk adjacent to the property. The petition gatherers, door knocker, phone bankers, former party officers, and all around party grunts would not be allowed to observe the current executive committee/officers in action -- although they have been allowed to attend (as observers) at Executive Committee meetings for at least a decade under prior AZGOP Chairmen.
Reports received throughout the day and evening, revealed that the sheriff’s deputies were dismissed shortly after 9 am. Nevertheless, the meeting remained closed to the elected PCs – the heart and soul of the party - who came to quietly protest AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham’s shutting them out.
The meeting reportedly went from 10 am until sometime after 3:30 pm. The butt weary attendees report they now have a clear understanding of the old saying, “The mind can only absorb what the posterior can endure.”
Attendees report the meeting will take up again within six weeks because several agenda items weren’t addressed. The item of major interest – the closed primary resolution that was passed by the PCs/State Committeemen during the January 2016 Statutory meeting had the high priority of #15 on the agenda. When they reached item#15, attendees report Graham presented only one side of the issue – opposition to the ‘Closed Primary Resolution . Only those on the inside know exactly what transpired … so much for transparency.
Perhaps tapes/recording by those in attendance will start surfacing within the next few days so there is an accurate accounting of what occurred in today’s Executive Committee meeting. - Editor Frosty Taylor
· In The Meantime, Commentary Is Coming In that is far too long to post. Please keep your commentary to the 300 word maximum. Sidewalk restricted eye-witness LD28 PC Carynn Albert writes:
“I am a new PC and eager to stay involved in my Precinct and Party (although no one from my LD has ever reached out to welcome me, or even send me the meeting schedule). Unfortunately, my ability to attend meetings or volunteer has been significantly curtailed by a recurrence of Oropharyngeal cancer, for which I am currently in treatment. In an attempt to maintain the integrity of the vote, I believe strongly that only members of a given party should be allowed to vote in that Party’s Primary Election. Consequently, I was pleased when a motion to close the Republican Primary passed during the State meeting this year. However, four months later, I have been disappointed that Chairman Graham has not moved forward with this motion. I understand implementation will take time and money; however, I have not seen any updates or proposed timelines from the Chairman. I’m certain that I wasn’t alone in thinking that this topic may be on the Agenda of the Executive Meeting on 4/18. So when on Easter night Chairman Graham tweeted to LD 18 PC Peggy McClain to “get a life,” I was more than disappointed. That type of response from the State Leader of our Party to a concerned PC is inappropriate and unacceptable. Disenchanted, I began to believe as others, that perhaps Chairman Graham has no intention of implementing this resolution. For those reasons, I decided to attend the Rally at AZGOP HQ on April 18th with my husband. Once we parked our vehicle we attempted to check-in for the meeting as Observers with the two women stationed outside. They were polite, but confirmed that the meeting would not be open to PCs, as it was closed to all but Party Executives. Shortly thereafter, my husband and I were approached by uniformed MCSO Deputies…” Read her entire first-hand account at Republican-PCs-Threatened-With-Arrest-At-AZ-GOP-HQ
· Update on LD22 PC Shirley Roberts who has been in a NW Valley hospital ICU with pneumonia for over a week: Shirley also has small cell carcinoma cancer in the bladder. No visitors. No phone calls, she must have complete rest without distractions. Her husband Bob, also a LD22 PC, asks that we keep her in our prayers. Bob will keep us posted. Today’s report is from her daughter. “The good news is that her blood, urine is clear of bacteria. She hasn't had a fever for two days. The two big concerns are her lungs and heart rate. The lungs have not had any improvement all week. We looked at her records from every day since she's been in critical care. The doctor said that her case is unusual because most cases they can track a certain cause and then treat that cause or disease and then they get a certain result. For mom they're not sure what's happening in her body and that makes it so much harder to treat. With the lungs they're not sure if it was damage from the bacteria only or the swallowing problem and or the chemo and or the cancer. And the same with everything else that's troubling her. Her heart has an irregular rhythm but the doctor said that is not uncommon with all the trauma her body has been through.” – Kim
· Rep Brenda Barton spoke to the Flagstaff Republican Women this evening.
· Gabby Saucedo-Mercer Former Congressional Candidate and current Vice Chair of the AZGOP: I have a throbbing headache! So, I went to this event (Congressmen Raul Grijalva and Luis Guiterrez ‘Open Border Forum’) Friday just to see what it was about, to witness how two members of congress disrespect the sovereign laws of the nation by pushing "rights" for illegal immigrants. I also wanted to support my friends who came all the way from Phoenix, Riders USA, just a bunch of American Patriots who love this country and whom I am proud to know. It was hard to be quiet as I listened to this traitor disrespect ‘ Old Glory’, saying that that flag was not just for AMERICANS. Excuse me Rep. Grijalva, let me set the record straight. The American flag is for Americans only - for those who were born here, for those who have fought to preserve it and for those who have come here legally and have decided to pledge their allegiance to it like me when I became an AMERICAN by choice! I witnessed a Veteran who fought for that flag getting escorted out of the auditorium because he dared to challenge you and your unpatriotic comments about OUR flag. Rep. Grijalva you took an oath to defend the Constitution of the United States of America and you chose not to, you do not deserve to be in Congress! You are an embarrassment and a slap in the face to those families of our service men and women who have served our country to defend that flag. Jim Williams it was hard to see you leave the room but I totally understand my friend, it was hard for me too! I stayed there listening to the baloney until my phone battery ran out of juice, I recorded 20+ minutes of it!
· LD22 Food Coordinator Heather Morgan is asking for food volunteers for the Mon., April 20 meeting. She says, “Donations can be anything. Here are some ideas: spaghetti, fruit salad, pie, coleslaw, oriental salad, meat dish, sandwiches, banana pudding, cold cuts with cheese and crackers, shrimp, chicken salad, barbeque, kabobs or anything that suits your fancy.... I want to give a huge shout out to all those who have generously donated food and support items (plates, cups etc) in the past! We could not do it without you and greatly appreciate your help. Please, if you can, let me know by phone or text (602-410-9817) or email (HLMorgan@cox.net) if you can help this Monday.
· Congresswoman Martha McSally will speak at the ‘March for Remembrance’, memorial in memory of those who died in the Holocaust and to build on the fellowship between Tucson’s Christian and Jewish communities. The event will begin at 3 pm at the Reid Park band shell, (DeMeester Outdoor Performance Center), 900 S. Randolph Way, Tucson, AZ. At the conclusion of the remembrance portion, McSally will lead participants on a march around the park. Contact: Patrick (202) 603-3100 cell
· McCain Gets Kid Glove Treatment From Left-Leaning Politico The 1,150 to 351 censure vote against him by elected state committeemen at the 2014 Republican statutory meeting resulted in an orchestrated effort played out by his surrogates to oust longtime conservatives from the party ranks. He now has a chokehold on the state GOP, with ambitious chairman Robert Graham obediently falling in line.
· Is-The-Tea-Party-Afraid-Of-John-McCain? “That’s how we fight wars, by the way: You just crush the opponent, and then you don’t have to worry about as many opponents,” said former Arizona Sen. Jon Kyl, referring to McCain’s campaign tactics.
Applications deadline is April 25 for High School Age Girls interested in applying for an AzFRW Dodie Londen TARS Memorial Scholarship to spend a week in DC at the National TARS Leadership Conference. Tour DC. Meet Congressional leaders. http://www.azfrw.com/scholarships.html Contact AzFRW Scholarship Committee TARS Coordinator Lori Oien, ( 520)-603-3006. 8161 E. Lee Street, Tucson, AZ 85715 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Supt of Public Instruction Diane Douglas is establishing an annual committee to review regulations on education in Arizona’s Education Code A.R.S. Title 15 Education. Professionals interested in participating should submit their C.V. or resume either electronically via email to the ADEInbox@azed.gov or by U.S. Postal Service to Superintendent of Public Instruction, 1535 W. Jefferson, Phoenix, Arizona, 85007 by May 15, 2015, with the first meeting planned for June. Subject line: “Application for Title 15 review committee.
· The Mexican Wolf/Livestock Coexistence Council announces the deadline for Arizona and New Mexico livestock producers to submit applications to receive “payments for wolf presence” in 2014 under the Mexican Wolf/Livestock Coexistence Plan. Applications for wolf presence payments are due by June 1, 2015. Applications are available on the Coexistence Council website: http://www.coexistencecouncil.org/.
· The Arizona Department of Transportation continues to gather comments on the 2016-2020 Tentative Five-Year Transportation Facilities Construction Program while reaching out to the public and communities statewide for their input on the direction of the program over the next five years. Hearings are scheduled at 9 am:
ü May 15 - Town of Chino Valley Council Chambers, 202 N. State Route 89, Chino Valley, AZ 86323
ü June 19 - Pinetop-Lakeside Town Hall, 1360 N. Niels Hansen Lane, Lakeside, AZ 85929
The 2016-2020 Tentative Five-Year Program is available for public review and comment at azdot.gov/fiveyearplan. ADOT has developed a “how to read it” guide and welcomes feedback at email@example.com. A phone number is also available for public comments at 1-855-712-8530.
· Contact The Arizona Corporation Commissioners At:
ü Susan Bitter Smith, Chairman: BitterSmithfirstname.lastname@example.org 602-542-3625
ü Bob Burns: RBurnsemail@example.com 602-542-3682
ü Bob Stump: Stumpfirstname.lastname@example.org 602-542-3935
ü Tom Forese: Foreseemail@example.com 602-542-3933
ü Doug Little: Littlefirstname.lastname@example.org 602-542-0745
· Supt of Public Instruction Diane Douglas has announced the Arizona Department of Education (ADE) is seeking comment on draft versions of updated Arizona Arts Standards. The draft standards available for review will be used to revise Arizona’s current standards for dance, media arts, music, theatre, and visual arts. Parents and other education stakeholders across Arizona will be able to comment on the revised standards until April 24, 2015. Details for input: arts-standards-review. The Department will also hold three statewide public webinars and four public meetings, two in Phoenix and one each in Flagstaff and Tucson. Comments from all sessions will be recorded.
· Maricopa County Republican Activist Joe Hobbs is leading an effort to Censure the Federal Communication Commission (FCC) for its unconstitutional takeover of the Internet. Hobbs encourages organizations to download a copy of his resolution, discuss it at their meetings and fill in the name of your organization as indicated. Hobbs asks that his name remain on the censure document “as is.” Download at http://hobbs4az.com/blog/ Contact Hobbs at 480-381-2380 or email@example.com
· The Paradise Republican Women’s Club member turning in the most US Flag pictures will win a $150 gift basket. The contest will end at the PRWC meeting nearest to the Fourth of July. Send pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to enter "Flag Contest on the subject line.
· The Voice Of Veterans “ Coffee Corner,” is a place where you can grab that cup of coffee, sit back, and listen to a variety of commentators talk about what is happening in America and across the World. Commentators of various backgrounds and opinions, enable you to hear comments designed to bring facts to light, express opinions -often hidden or not mentioned by most media outlets. Your participation will always be welcome. Send your comments or disagreements with the commentator. VOV Radio Show archives - Vernon Bagley, President & CEO Veterans Broadcasting Network of America, Inc.
· Tea Party Patriots Will Be Hosting Legislative Updates at 1 pm every Monday that Congress is in session, Legislative Consultant Bill Pascoe will cut through all the muck, mire and political spin to give you pertinent, up-to-date information on what is happening in Washington and how you can take action. Update: 1 pm, Monday EST. register
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
The Joe Foss Institute's 2015 Stars In Service Gala will be held at 4:30 pm., Sunday, April 19 at the J.W. Marriott Camelback Inn. Speakers include Gov. Doug Ducey and the First Lady of North Dakota, Betsy Dalrymple. ‘The Lone Survivor’ former Navy SEAL Marcus Luttrell, will be reunited with the Air Force helicopter crew that rescued him in Afghanistan. Luttrell and the pilot of the helicopter, Air Force LTC Jeff "Spanky" Peterson of Tucson, will both receive awards for their military service. Randy and Ken Kendrick will receive the Foss Institute's Chairman's Council Award for their philanthropic endeavors. The evening will conclude with a performance by entertainer Jay Leno, whose man-on-the-street "Jaywalking" segments.
· The Republican Women of Prescott meeting is scheduled at 11:30 am., Mon, April 20 at the Prescott Resort, 1500 E. Hwy. 69, Prescott, AZ. Speaker: Gov Doug Ducey. $18 each. RSVP: Elsie Tyree, email@example.com, (928-778-0235 or Pam Calhoon, firstname.lastname@example.org (928) 778-7157.
· LDL22 will meet at 6:30pm., Mon, April 20 at Westbrook Vistas Rec Center, 18825 N Country Club Pkwy, Peoria, AZ 85382. 5:30pm social/ set up. Open to public. Traveling east or west on Union Hills Rd. enter Westbrook Village at Country Club Pkwy (first light west of 83rd Ave.) north to Vista’s Rec Center. Chr Eric Morgan email@example.com ld22.arizonagop.net/connect
· Congresswoman Martha McSally will address the SaddleBrooke Republican Club at 11:15 am, Mon, April 20 at 64500 E SaddleBrooke Blvd., Tucson. More Information
· Trevor Loudon — author, political researcher and activist, will address ‘Taking Back America’ at 7 pm., Fri., April 20 at the Brand New Church, 1827 1827 W Grovers Ave Phoenix, AZ 85023. $2.50 donation. Book signing.
· The Sun City Republican Club is scheduled at 5:30 pm., Mon., April 20 at the Quail Run Golf Course, 9774 W Alabama Ave., Sun City, AZ. Confirmed Speakers: LD21 Sen Debbie Lesko and AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham. Tickets - $10 for members, $12 non-members. RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org for head count.
· The SaddleBrooke Republican Club presents Congresswoman Martha McSally at its Mon., April 20 ‘Welcome Back’ Luncheon at 11:45 am., in the Vistas Restaurant at Saddlebrooke Country Club, 64500 E. SaddleBrooke Blvd., Tucson, AZ 85739. Doors open at 11:15 am. RSVP: SBRC1.org Contact: Neil MacDonald VP Communications email@example.com 825 4361.
· Congresswoman Martha McSally and Tucson Vice Mayor Richard Fimbres will co-host a round table of business leaders and local officials to discuss the Cherrybell Post Office and Processing Center and its future between 1:30-3 pm., Mon., April 20 at the City of Tucson Ward 5 Council Office, 4300 South Park, Tucson, AZ 85714. Recently, McSally led a bipartisan effort by members of the Arizona delegation to call on Postmaster General Megan Brennan to revisit decisions that would consolidate operations at the Cherrybell Processing & Distribution Center in Tucson, effectively terminating all operations there. More than 26,000 businesses across Tucson and Southern Arizona could be impacted by the closure of the processing center. Contacts: Patrick Ptak at (202) 603-3100 or Mark Kerr at (520) 791-4231.
· The Maricopa County Young Republican Professionals Charter Meeting will be held 7pm Tues, April 21 at AZGOP HQ 3501 N 24th Street, Phoenix, AZ 85016. Open to 18-40 year old Republicans in the valley. Speakers: AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham and MCYRP President Chris Herring speak about the vision for Young Republicans in Maricopa County. RSVP through the Facebook link below or email firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Arizona Federation of College Republicans will host Congressman David Schwiekert at 6:30 pm., Sat., April 18 at the Scottsdale Plaza Resort, 7200 N Scottsdale Road., Paradise Valley AZ 85253. Tickets $75 per person or $140 per couple. Table of 10 - $650. RSVP: Zoey Kotzambasis at azcollegeGOP@gmail.com or 520-591-6191.
· National Republican Committeeman Bruce Ash will address the Pima County Republican Club at 11:30 am., Tues., April 21 at the Sabbar Center.
The Fountain Hills AZ Tea Party (3rd Tues) meets at 6:30 pm., April 21 in the Fountain Hills Unified School District Learning Center, 16000 E Palisades Blvd. (Palisades Blvd. & Golden Eagle Blvd.). Speaker: Dr M Zuhdi Jasser, practicing physician, former US Naval officer, and a frequent guest on Fox News & CNN, will be speaking on the threat of radical Islam. Free admission, donations welcome. Contact: Richard Rutkowski email@example.com or www.fhteaparty.org
The Estrella Conservative Republican Club will meet at 7 pm., April 22 at Estrella Foothills High School. Maricopa County Republicans Chairman Tyler Bowyer will address the groups. Contact: Chr Richard Newcomer firstname.lastname@example.org 602-512-1340.
The Rose Law Group is hosting a political breakfast between 8-9 am., Wed., April 22 in their offices at 7144 E Stetson Dr. #300, Scottsdale, AZ 85251 – featuring Gov Doug Ducey, Phoenix City Councilmen Sal DiCiccio and Bill Gates. RSVP: Melissa Johnson at email@example.com
· The Mohave County GOP District 1 Lincoln Dinner is scheduled at 5 pm., April 22 in Kingman. Speaker: Gov Doug Ducey. Contact: Kingman, 928-279-3950.
· A Fundraising ‘Breakfast With Gov Doug Ducey’ is scheduled at 8 am, Wed., April 22 with the Rose Law Group, 7144 E Stetson Dr #300, Scottsdale to help reduce Ducey’s $2M campaign loan to himself. RSVP: Katie at 480-505-3936 by April 17. Minimum contribution $500.
· A-J-LaFaro-Dispels-Robert-Grahams-Myth-On-Closing-Primary LaFaro’s Letter To Members Of AZ GOP Executive Committee
· Need More Proof Of McCain Chokehold On AZGOP? Robert Graham Closing Meeting To Elected Precinct Committeemen, Shutting Down Information Flow
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2No Border News Watch
BILL AND HILLARY