- ► May (22)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ▼ April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
Sunday, April 19, 2015
· AZGOP Leaders-Meet-To-Discuss-2016-Victory-Strategy “The committee voted overwhelmingly against a motion to spend party contributions to close the primary election. A vote to recess the meeting to allow for further review of the issue of closing the primary was also defeated.”
Republican-PCs-Threatened-With-Arrest-At-AZ-GOP-HQFirst person account of April 18, 2015 AZ GOP newly closed executive meeting by LD 28 PC
· Its-Time-To-Stop-Knocking-AZGOP-Robert Graham Over Changing Primary Election “…Election Laws as with all laws for the state of Arizona are the responsibility of the Elected representative of the House and Senate of the state and must be signed by the Governor.”
· Editor’s Note: When expressing opinions, lease limit commentary to 300 words. See commentary posted below that came since yesterday’s AZGOP Executive Committee meeting in Phoenix. – Frosty Taylor
· LD15 PC/State Committeeman Jackie Phillips: Mr Chairman. You chose to run and lead us. You presented strong credentials. You’re a businessman with businesses - a sign of leadership. Once elected - you seemed to take a different turn.
The LD’s overwhelmingly passed a resolution at the State Meeting to set in motion legal process of Closing The Primary’s. (We don’t want outsiders choosing our candidate). There were attempts to water down the resolution but that was thwarted by wise rank and file demanding the vote on the original resolution.
You were chosen for leadership. They thought you were a true conservative. After elected you seemed to drag your feet, there was silence, not action from your office. Now, a closed door meeting with a lot of excuses for it.
I hear there was no leadership coming out of the meeting 04/18/215, just discouragement. You lined up all the reasons it can’t be done. Is this how you grew your businesses, by shrinking from the difficulties, challenges and finances. I think not.
I hear you complained it was too hard to organize and then there is the cost and challenges. Is this leadership? I think not.
The Party does not have a lot of money, hmm, could it be since McCain has the purse strings no one wants to give big. My money goes straight to the best Conservative Candidates; not McCain’s pocket.
I think there would be a lot of money given and fund raisers galore to get this done if we were sure McCain could not get his hands on it. You see we care about the party’s future strength and viability.
Step up to the plate Chairman Graham. That’s what you were hired to do; stop throwing in the towel and take leadership in this. I am just a PC worker, one person one vote.
· Gila County 1st Vice Chair Lolly Hathhorn: I was at the meeting on Saturday and I was surprised at all the reasons presented as to why, financially and time wise, it is not to our advantage to do this. The letters from the attorneys that AJ referred to as “telling it like it is” do not agree with his explanation. I wish that people would Stop and find out what is really happening! As Frosty stated, “they heard one side”. I also say that the AJ people heard one side, AJ’s. I am willing to listen to both sides but need to know the facts. I don’t want to know how someone feels, I need Facts!
The attacks on Chairman Graham, whether well-intentioned or not, need to Stop. All this in-fighting is not helping our cause and is just giving fodder to the progressive democrats and the liberal media. Please call Chairman Graham and discuss the situation with him. It is ok to disagree with him, but it is better to hear both sides of the issue first. I want to do what is best for the party and not what is best for me – if it is good for the Party. I certainly hope that it will be good for me and all others in this wonderful State of ours.
Saturday is the first meeting I had attended. When I got there, I spoke to several people who were protesting. We had a very nice and civil conversation. Unfortunately, when I came out (I left early for personal reasons) they were gone. I wanted to show them the letters from the attorneys. Please contact AZGOP for copies. Let’s get past this as soon as we can and forge ahead to our Victory in 2016! Call me a very concerned patriotic American. If anyone wishes to speak to me, please call me at (928) 474-2334 or (970) 326-8265. Nice calls only please.
· Long-Time Republican Dick Hensley: I have found it interesting to watch some of the battles occurring in the State Republican Party. I would like to share my observation over the last 30 years as a Registered Republican in Arizona. In fact I first registered as a Republican in Arizona in 1964, with a break of a few years. Recent years a small group of extreme right wing Republicans have gained control of the party, and it appears they have little respect for other Republican who have a different view. I have experienced this attitude on a personal basis a couple of times by being a candidate for public office, and have been called a RINO which is a self-defeating attitude. The pendulum always swing back, which is what I see as going on at the present time in Arizona Republican Party Politics.
· LD23 PC Walt Franklin: I am a newly elected PC in Golden Eagle Precinct, LD23. It is puzzling to me that a segment of MCRC continues to push the issue of closed primaries?? Do the math. The largest blocks of voters are registered Independent. The majority of those folks are conservative and actually Republicans, but just don't know it. To participate in our Primary, they have to go the extra mile of requesting a special ballot, which is more than we have to do. Why would we want to exclude those dedicated and driven conservatives from our ranks for the Primary and then almost certainly away from us in the election?? There is no verifiable proof that Dems cross over in any amount sufficient to affect our results, but excluding the independent voters from our midst almost certainly excludes them from our support. We cannot win without claiming a larger percentage of them than Blue does. Pashion is good, but smart is better.
· LD25 PC Daniel Stefanski: A hearty thanks to AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham for working through another executive board meeting! Today, it sounds like the board voted against funding a lawsuit for closing Republican primaries. As it should have been, Robert allowed the motion to be voted on, and the representatives of the precinct and state committeemen did what they felt was in the best interest of the Arizona Republican Party and election victories in 2015 and 2016.
And for all the heartache by a select few over the closed meeting today, it was not closed to those who were duly elected in previous elections. Want to sit in and participate in future state party executive meetings that may be closed to observers? Run for election for one of those positions next time around. The process isn't being obstructed. It's being followed to the letter of the law.
Robert Graham voluntarily signed up for a non-paid job with round-the-clock hours, but he did not sign up for a job that featured lies, distortion and people from his own party working against future Republican victories to serve their own self interests. Before this meeting, Robert did not fight against the resolution to close our primary. Rather, he expressed his opinions and waited for the process to carry itself out. While false allegations that Robert was carrying out other interested party's wishes swirled around prior to today's meeting, it is now a fact that the AZGOP executive committee voted within their rights and responsibilities to table the closed primary funding proposal. See full statement at http://sonoranalliance.com/
· LD15 PC Jackie Phillips: A tribute to Sheriff Joe’s officers at the Republican Headquarter Meeting 04/18/2015. Thank you to the officers; and thank you Sheriff Joe for having such polite and professional officers in your Department.
This is a tribute to the 3 Sheriff deputies, that were there because Chairman Graham felt he needed some protection himself from a bunch of 60 and 70 year old protesters.
These officers were very kind, caring and just doing their duty. Though we were to stay off the property they allowed some flexibility. When various attendees came up to the meeting many were allowed on the property to greet friends and speak to them as they were entering the building.
One officer would remind us to try to stay in the shade and out of the sun if it got too hot. And I did at times sit on one of the big rocks ON the property and no one told me to get up and leave.
Yes, these officers very fine and polite officers at tribute to Our County’s finest .
· Former CD Candidate Gabby Saucedo Mercer: Allow me to set the record straight on what happened Friday evening at Rep. Raul Grijalva's sponsored illegal immigration forum at Pima Community College.
Eddie and Jim Williams can corroborate my report as most of what was "reported" immigration-forum-in-tucson-turns-contentious happened before Williams "self deported" from the meeting.
ü FACT: Jim Williams walked out of the meeting because Grijalva disrespected our flag and our Constitution. He witnessed how a Veteran was thrown out of the meeting and Jim could not stand it, so before he was thrown out for having the guts to speak out against illegal immigration and unconstitutional executive actions he walked out.
ü FACT: Brave Americans booed when Grijalva disrespected our flag! He took an oath to defend the Constitution and he has chosen to ignore the Constitution.
ü FACT: USMC Veteran Del Dawley told Grijalva that our flag was only for Americans. He fought to defend that flag.
When the "crowd" screamed "si se puede" about two dozen hecklers screamed “USA, USA, USA” and shut them down as we were louder (why is the reporter not telling the readers this?). I wish the Arizona Daily Star would start reporting who these people in office really are. We already know who/what Grijalva stand for but do we know who Congressman Luis Gutierrez is? gutierrez biography
· The Next Stop On Congressman Paul Gosar’s Solutions Tour is at 5:30 pm., Mon, April 20 in the LaPaz County Board of Supervisors Room, 1108 Joshua Ave., Parker, AZ 85344. Details HERE. Gosar website (http://gosar.house.gov)
· The Arizona Project will meet at 6:30 pm, Mon., April 20 at 3375 E Shea Blvd, Phx, to hear Mike Renzulli address “Gang Green’s Holy war Against Mankind.” Contact: Chr Ron Ludders 602-677-1496.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
· The Republican Women of Prescott meeting is scheduled at 11:30 am., Mon, April 20 at the Prescott Resort, 1500 E. Hwy. 69, Prescott, AZ. Speaker: Gov Doug Ducey. $18 each. RSVP: Elsie Tyree, firstname.lastname@example.org, (928-778-0235 or Pam Calhoon, email@example.com (928) 778-7157.
· LDL22 will meet at 6:30pm., Mon, April 20 at Westbrook Vistas Rec Center, 18825 N Country Club Pkwy, Peoria, AZ 85382. 5:30pm social/ set up. Open to public. Traveling east or west on Union Hills Rd. enter Westbrook Village at Country Club Pkwy (first light west of 83rd Ave.) north to Vista’s Rec Center. Chr Eric Morgan firstname.lastname@example.org ld22.arizonagop.net/connect
· Congresswoman Martha McSally will address the SaddleBrooke Republican Club at 11:15 am, Mon, April 20 at 64500 E SaddleBrooke Blvd., Tucson. More Information
· Trevor Loudon — author, political researcher and activist, will address ‘Taking Back America’ at 7 pm., Fri., April 20 at the Brand New Church, 1827 1827 W Grovers Ave Phoenix, AZ 85023. $2.50 donation. Book signing.
· The Sun City Republican Club is scheduled at 5:30 pm., Mon., April 20 at the Quail Run Golf Course, 9774 W Alabama Ave., Sun City, AZ. Confirmed Speakers: LD21 Sen Debbie Lesko and AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham. Tickets - $10 for members, $12 non-members. RSVP: email@example.com for head count.
· The SaddleBrooke Republican Club presents Congresswoman Martha McSally at its Mon., April 20 ‘Welcome Back’ Luncheon at 11:45 am., in the Vistas Restaurant at Saddlebrooke Country Club, 64500 E. SaddleBrooke Blvd., Tucson, AZ 85739. Doors open at 11:15 am. RSVP: SBRC1.org Contact: Neil MacDonald VP Communications firstname.lastname@example.org 825 4361.
· Congresswoman Martha McSally and Tucson Vice Mayor Richard Fimbres will co-host a round table of business leaders and local officials to discuss the Cherrybell Post Office and Processing Center and its future between 1:30-3 pm., Mon., April 20 at the City of Tucson Ward 5 Council Office, 4300 South Park, Tucson, AZ 85714. Recently, McSally led a bipartisan effort by members of the Arizona delegation to call on Postmaster General Megan Brennan to revisit decisions that would consolidate operations at the Cherrybell Processing & Distribution Center in Tucson, effectively terminating all operations there. More than 26,000 businesses across Tucson and Southern Arizona could be impacted by the closure of the processing center. Contacts: Patrick Ptak at (202) 603-3100 or Mark Kerr at (520) 791-4231.
· The Maricopa County Young Republican Professionals Charter Meeting will be held 7pm Tues, April 21 at AZGOP HQ 3501 N 24th Street, Phoenix, AZ 85016. Open to 18-40 year old Republicans in the valley. Speakers: AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham and MCYRP President Chris Herring speak about the vision for Young Republicans in Maricopa County. RSVP through the Facebook link below or email email@example.com
· The Arizona Federation of College Republicans will host Congressman David Schwiekert at 6:30 pm., Sat., April 18 at the Scottsdale Plaza Resort, 7200 N Scottsdale Road., Paradise Valley AZ 85253. Tickets $75 per person or $140 per couple. Table of 10 - $650. RSVP: Zoey Kotzambasis at azcollegeGOP@gmail.com or 520-591-6191.
· National Republican Committeeman Bruce Ash will address the Pima County Republican Club at 11:30 am., Tues., April 21 at the Sabbar Center.
The Fountain Hills AZ Tea Party (3rd Tues) meets at 6:30 pm., April 21 in the Fountain Hills Unified School District Learning Center, 16000 E Palisades Blvd. (Palisades Blvd. & Golden Eagle Blvd.). Speaker: Dr M Zuhdi Jasser, practicing physician, former US Naval officer, and a frequent guest on Fox News & CNN, will be speaking on the threat of radical Islam. Free admission, donations welcome. Contact: Richard Rutkowski firstname.lastname@example.org or www.fhteaparty.org
The Estrella Conservative Republican Club will meet at 7 pm., April 22 at Estrella Foothills High School. Maricopa County Republicans Chairman Tyler Bowyer will address the groups. Contact: Chr Richard Newcomer email@example.com 602-512-1340.
The Rose Law Group is hosting a political breakfast between 8-9 am., Wed., April 22 in their offices at 7144 E Stetson Dr. #300, Scottsdale, AZ 85251 – featuring Gov Doug Ducey, Phoenix City Councilmen Sal DiCiccio and Bill Gates. RSVP: Melissa Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Mohave County GOP District 1 Lincoln Dinner is scheduled at 5 pm., April 22 in Kingman. Speaker: Gov Doug Ducey. Contact: Kingman, 928-279-3950.
· A Fundraising ‘Breakfast With Gov Doug Ducey’ is scheduled at 8 am, Wed., April 22 with the Rose Law Group, 7144 E Stetson Dr #300, Scottsdale to help reduce Ducey’s $2M campaign loan to himself. RSVP: Katie at 480-505-3936 by April 17. Minimum contribution $500.
· The Arizona Game And Fish Department And The City Of Glendale will host a free youth fishing clinic at Bonsall Pond, 59th Ave/Bethany Home Road in Phx between 9 am-2 pm, Sat., April 25. Thanks to Glendale City Councilman Jamie Aldama, along sponsors West Valley Foundation, Glendale Chamber of Commerce, Glendale Pawn 7 Jewelry, Gorman & Company, the first 1,000 kids between the ages of 10-17, will received free fishing licenses.
Applications Are Available To High School Age Girls interested in applying for an AzFRW Dodie Londen TARS Memorial Scholarship to spend a week in DC at the National TARS Leadership Conference. Tour DC. Meet Congressional leaders. http://www.azfrw.com/scholarships.html Application due April 25. Contact AzFRW Scholarship Committee TARS Coordinator Lori Oien, ( 520)-603-3006. 8161 E. Lee Street, Tucson, AZ 85715 email@example.com
· National Columnist Charles Krauthammer and AZ Gov Doug Ducey will speak at the 6 pm., April 25 Center for Arizona Policy dinner at the Arizona Biltmore Hotel, according to CEO Cathy Herod. See details reserve your spot
· LD17: Master Illusionist Craig Davis will perform at the Sun Lakes Country Club on Sat, April 25 for the LD17 fundraiser. Limited seating. Magic Show Flier Contact: Chairman Shadow Asgari at LD17shadow@gmail.com
The Sun City Grand Republican Interest Group will meet at 9 am, Sat., April 25, at 19781 N. Remington Dr., Chaparral Center in the Apache Room. Speakers: Detectives from the Surprise Police Department presenting their program on Fraud, ID Theft, Scams, etc. Contact: Ginny Nyre, President firstname.lastname@example.org (623-544-7187) or Ralph Wirebaugh email@example.com (623-584-3898). Web-site: www.grandgop.com
Tucson Republican Women will have coffee with the elephants at Reid Park Zoo, 1030 S Randolph Way, at 9 am., Sat., April 25 in Tucson to celebrate Nandi’s six month birthday. Contact: PCRP HQ firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Central for Arizona Policy Dinner features National Columnist Charles Krauthammer, AZ Gov Doug Ducey, Florist Barronelle Stutzman and Cathy Herrod at 6 pm., April 25 at the Arizona Biltmore, 2400 E Missouri, Phx. Contact: azpolicy.org/familydinner or 602.424.2525.
· A-J-LaFaro-Dispels-Robert-Grahams-Myth-On-Closing-Primary LaFaro’s Letter To Members Of AZ GOP Executive Committee
· Need More Proof Of McCain Chokehold On AZGOP? Robert Graham Closing Meeting To Elected Precinct Committeemen, Shutting Down Information Flow
· See Jennifer Reynolds www.ArizonansAgainstCommonCore.com, and contact your congressman to STOP HR5 and S11. The federal government has no business data mining itself into the minds, psycho-social behaviors, closely held beliefs, and values of our children! Tell you congressman to vote No on HR5 (www.congress.gov/bill/113th-congress/house-bill) and S11http://www.help.senate.gov/imo/media/S_EveryChildAchievesActof2015.pdf)!
· Find Your Congressman By Zip Code: house.gov/representatives
· House Education Committee Task force (which include Congressman Matt Salmon- CD5).
· Contact Information For Ariz Senators:
· Jennifer Reynolds 480-961-4214 arizonansagainstcommoncore.com
· The Medicalization Of Schools By Anita Hodge and Gen Yvette Sutton
· AZGOP financial reports filed/ AZ Sec of State azsos.gov/cfs/FilerDetail
· FEC Filing Updated/Current AZGOP Financials Info CandidateCommitteeDetail.do?canId
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2No Border News Watch
BILL AND HILLARY