- ► February (26)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ▼ April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
Saturday, April 25, 2015
"As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and complete narcissistic moron." - H.L. Mencken, the Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920
· Former Senator And Talk Show Host Russell Pearce signed off with his farewell show tonight on KKNT 960 the Patriot. GO TO www.russellpearce.com for updates or sign up for his news alerts Pearce Liberty Post.
· LD13 Precinct Committeemen will meet at 7 pm., Tues., April 28 for the ‘special election’ to fill the vacancy of former LD13 Chairman Richard ‘Dick’ Landis, who resigned April 2. Acting Chair Wallie Campbell named Second Vice-chair Ben Boone as the nominations chairman. Anyone wishing to run for the LD13 chairmanship should contact Boone at email@example.com . Nominations will also be accepted from the floor. The election will be held in the Chianti Room of the PebbleCreek Tuscany Falls Clubhouse, 16222 Clubhouse Drive, Goodyear, AZ 85395.
· The LD13 Executive Board – elected in November 2014 - consists of an interesting make up of GOP activists. They are:
ü First Vice Chairman (acting chairman) Wallie Campbell, Goodyear City Council member
ü Second Vice Chairman Ben Boone
ü Secretary Renee Taylor, Secretary since LD13 formed in 2012.
ü Treasurer Tom Schoaf , Mayor of Litchfield Park.
ü Former Chairman Richard ‘Dick’ Landis, married to former Litchfield Park City Council member and former 2014 LD13 House candidate Diane Landis. Dick Landis resigned earlier this month due to health problems.
· Under the leadership of former LD13 Chair Robert Branch, (2012-2014) precinct committeemen list grew to 97 as of the Aug 26, 2014 primary, according to the Maricopa County Recorder’s office. At the November 2014 LD13 elections - proxy votes took over leadership via nominations from the floor. Amazingly, PCs who rarely attended or never attended a LD meeting were elected state committeemen. In December, the LD13 PC meeting attendance immediately dropped to 22 PCs, including officers Richard Landis, Wallie Campbell, Renee Taylor, Ben Boon, and two guests. Diane Landis reported stepped into the hall to phone PCs to show up to get a quorum so they could swear in First Vice Chair Wallie Campbell, who was not present when she was elected in November. No meetings were held in January and February. There were 18 PCs and five guests in attendance at the March meeting, including Chairman Dick Landis, Sec. Renee Taylor and Second Vice Chair Ben Boon. Campbell and Treasurer Tom Schoaf were not present in March. Schoaf reportedly hasn’t attended a meeting since prior to his election in November. Which brings some of the LD13 PCs to the conclusion that nominees should be active participants and that they be present and publicly acknowledge that they are willing and able to take on the responsibilities of an LD13 office.
· The Arizona Liberty Foundation is raffling off a Custom built Quentin Defense ELITE AR-15 valued at over $1,600 at 1 pm., May 3. Speaker: LD5 Sen Kelli Ward. 250 tickets will be sold at $15 each. Tickets can be bought at https://squareup.com/market/arizona-freedomfest/arizona-freedomfest
· Senator Marco Rubio will highlight the 7 pm, May 6 Center for Arizona Policy fundraiser at the Arizona Christian University Gymnasium, 2625 E Cactus Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85032. Tickets for the dinner or private pre-event reception (photo with Rubio and a Q&A session. .
· The Red Mountain Patriots will hear radio talk show host Bradlee Dean at 7 pm., Wed., May 6 at the Faith Christian School, 7464 E Main St., Mesa, AZ 85207. Doors open at 5 pm.
· The Family Caucus Of The Republic Party At Gilbert/Queen Creek is hosting a baby shower to benefit 1st Way Pregnancy Center, is planned at 10 am, April 29 at the home of Rebecca Jarman, 3128 E Claxton Ave., Gilbert, AZ. RSVP to Barb Yates at Backtosquare1@live.com or 480-280-4616. Needed items – maternity clothes of all sizes, baby clothes – newborn to 9 months, diapers – newborn to 5 months and diaper bags.
· The Arizona Teenage Republicans Fundraiser dinner/auction is scheduled at 7 pm., Sat., May 9 at the Scottsdale Plaza Resort with speakers former CA Congressman Barry Goldwater, Jr., Arizona Congressman Paul Gosar, and former Secretary of State Ken Bennett. Tickets: www.arizonatars.eventbrite.com
· The Arizona American African Republican Committee (AAARC) will meet at 6:30 pm., May 7 in the AZGOP headquarters, 3501 N. 24th St., Phx to hear Phoenix mayoral candidate Anna Brennan. Contact: Rev Clyde Bowen firstname.lastname@example.org Facebook: http://goo.gl/m2KYFz
· "Ragged Old Flag" John Cash… too good not to share
· John McCain Wants Cruz And Paul Off His Lawn Establishment GOP relic John McCain (R-Ariz.) is wasting no chances to lash out at GOP presidential contenders Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) and Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.).
· This GOP Presidential Ticket Tells Liberals To Go To Hell It’s time for a GOP dream team of street fighters to take on the evil that is destroying America by making us all dependent on big government. It’s time to kick a-- and take no prisoners.
· Ivy League Idiots Like Barack And Hillary Are Ruining America Hillary Clinton has the same affliction as President Barack Obama. They both suffer from Poison Ivy League. .
· Tea Party Patriots Will Be Hosting Legislative Updates at 1 pm every Monday that Congress is in session, Legislative Consultant Bill Pascoe will cut through all the muck, mire and political spin to give you pertinent, up-to-date information on what is happening in Washington and how you can take action. Update: 1 pm, Monday EST. register
· The Arizona Citizens Defense League (AZCDL) is raffling two custom built AR-15 pistols by Forward Operating Base in Phoenix. AzCDL’s logo is laser etched on the lower of each pistol. The pistols are chambered for the 5.56 NATO round. Only 900 tickets will be sold. Each ticket represents 2 chances to win. Tickets are $10 each and can be purchased at gun shows and other events where AzCDL has a table. Tickets may also be purchased at AzCDL’s online store. The drawing for both pistols will be held on Sun, June 14, 2015. Contact: Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL), an all-volunteer, non-profit, non-partisan grassroots organization.
· The Arizona Project will meet at 6:30 pm., Mon., April 27 to hear two-time US Senate candidate Mike Aloisi at 3375 E. Shea Blvd., Phx. Contact Chr Ron Ludders 602-677-1496.
· Board Of Supervisors Denny Barney reminds us that April is National County Government Month with 10 random county facts that he think might interest you:
ü 59% of the state’s population lives in Maricopa County
ü Over half the County budget is spent on public safety
ü Only 12% of your property taxes fund county government
ü Maricopa County maintains 120,000 acres of park land
ü Approximately a third of our budget is property taxes we collect on behalf of other entities
ü The County maintains 121 flood control structures
ü The Medical Examiner’s Office handles about 8,600 cases a year
ü Nearly 300,000 of residents live in unincorporated areas of Maricopa County
ü The County has 17 public libraries
ü 76% of persons in our jails are awaiting trial, sentencing or appeal. The remainder are serving a sentence for a crime.
· Board of Supervisors District 1 newest Volunteer County Appointees include:
ü Dick Shaner –Flood Control District Citizens’ Advisory Board
ü Nancy Marion –Community Development Advisory Committee
ü Jacki Taylor –Community Development Advisory Committee
ü Judi Nelson –Travel Reduction Program Regional Task Force
· The Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL) can always use some helping hands to work at their guns shows and other events from Page to Yuma, Bullhead City to Wilcox. AzCDL started in June 2005 with a handful of citizens. Today, the membership is nearly 12,000 and is expected to expand to 13,000 by the opening of the next legislative session. See Volunteer page for information about volunteering. Volunteers interested in helping at the Arizona Freedom Fest on May 1-3 at Shots Ranch should contact Fred at email@example.com To join go to (AzCDL) for information on the all volunteer, non-profit, non-partisan grassroots organization.
· Editor’s Note: When expressing opinions, lease limit commentary to 300 words.
· Rev Clyde Bowen: April 26 is a day to think about the brave men, women, children, & families of that era. Yes, I was on special assignment at the U.S.Embassy in Oslo, Norway but my Brothers were young Marines, who survived Vietnam. They shared their truths, horrific. Ever seen Marines cry? I have, we cried together, Men ( kids) at war. So, if you see a Vet, thank a Vet & share this day. We did not lose that war. Those men & women who came back with our magnificent flag on their coffins or wounded & alive WON our hearts, minds, & tears! Bless them all. -- (USAF), The AAARC firstname.lastname@example.org
AZ CONGRESSIONAL STATEMENTS
· Congressman Matt Salmon (AZ-05) today issued the following statement in the aftermath of the magnitude 7.8 earthquake that shook Nepal and caused over 1,200 deaths in and around the capitol of Katmandu. “I am saddened to hear about devastating earthquake Nepal experienced this morning, and the astronomical death toll. My deepest condolences to the citizens of Nepal, and all of the families who have lost loved ones in this tragedy. The United States will not forget Nepal, and will do everything we can to assist at this heartbreaking time.”
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
· The Tempe Republican Women will meet at 6:30 pm., Mon, April 27 at the Pyle Rec Center , 655 E Southern Ave, Tempe.
· The Western Pinal County Chapter of The Arizona Republican Assembly (AzRA) will meet with LD5 Sen Kelli Ward Kelli Ward bio , a potential Senate candidate, at 6:30 pm., Mon., April 27 at the Legacy Suites, 540 N Cacheris Ct., Casa Grande (½ mile west of I-10 on Florence Blvd.) Contact: Jason Hayes 202-394-7202 email@example.com
TUESDAY, APRIL 28
· The Fountain Hills Republican Club Social will be held at 6 pm., Tues., April 28 on the patio at the Fireside Grill at the Lexington Hotel, 12800 N Saguaro Blvd, FH. This is a social event, no speeches, no reservations. The May 26 social is at the El Encanto Restaurant, 11044 N Sauguaro Blvd, FH. The June 23rd Social will be at Sapori D'Italia, 11865 N Saguaro Blvd, Fountain Hills, AZ 85268. Contact: FHRepublican@gmail.com
· The Yavapai County Young Republicans will meet at 6:30 pm., April 28 (last Tues of month). Contact: Matthew Perry for current information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· The LD17 monthly meeting begins at 7 pm., Tues., April 28 at the Tri-City Baptist Church Seminary Building (south side of parking lot), 2211 W. Germann Road, Chandler, AZ 85286 Map Here. Contact: Chr Shadow Asgari LD17shadow@gmail.com
· LD13 Precinct Committeemen will meet at 7 pm., Tues., April 28 for the ‘special election’ to fill the vacancy of former LD13 Chairman Richard ‘Dick’ Landis, who resigned April 2. Acting Chair Wallie Campbell, first vice chairman, named Second Vice-chair Ben Boone as the nominations chairman. Anyone wishing to run for the LD13 chairmanship should contact Boone at email@example.com . Nominations will also be accepted from the floor. The election will be held in the Chianti Room of the PebbleCreek Tuscany Falls Clubhouse, 16222 Clubhouse Drive, Goodyear, AZ 85395.
The Ahwatukee Republican Women Annual Wine & Cheese Meeting with Secretary of State Michele Reagan, is scheduled at 7 pm, Tues, April 28 at the Clarion Hotel, 5121 E. La Puente Ave., I-10 & Elliot Rod., Phoenix, AZ 85044. Refreshments at 6:30 pm. Contact Loraine Pellegrino 480-460-7101 ARWomen@aol.com www.ahwtukeerepublicanwomen.com
· Christians United For Israel is bringing national radio show host Dennis Prager to the Fox Theater in Tucson at 7 pm., Tues., April 28. Free admission. Prager is on KVOI AM1030. His website PragerUniversity.com is viewed by millions every month. Contact 520-840-2287.
· AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham will address the Pima County Republican Club at 11:30 am., Tues., April 28 at the Sabbar Center, 450 S Tucson Blvd, in Tucson.
· A Free Political Speech Debate is scheduled at 7 pm., Tues., April 28 at the Cronkite Journalism School at the ASU downtown Campus in Phoenix, featuring four legal experts who will address whether anonymous giving benefits or harms free speech and democratic participation. Free admission. Limited seating. Contact: Jason Lloyd 602-633-8984 to make a reservation. Details here.
The Yuma County Republicans will meet at 7 pm., Tues., April 28 at the Goodwill Training Center on 8th Avenue and 32nd Street (the original location of Dillards, just south of Sears). LD13 Rep Steve Montenegro is slated to speak. Contact: Secretary / Office Manager Lorna Brooks 928-317-9120 firstname.lastname@example.org http://yumarepublicans.org
FRIDAY, MAY 1
The Republican Women of Prescott raffle tickets are now available. Win $10,000, $3,000 or $1,000 at the May 1 drawing. Tickets can be purchased the Republican HQ., 112 B E. Union St., Prescott, AZ 86303 928-776-4500 email@example.com; www.yavgop.org
SATURDAY, MAY 2
· A Going Away Party For Brieanna Peipelman starts at 3:30 am., Sat., May 2 at HotRods off of South Houghton Rd by Mary-Cleveland. After many years of service for the Pima GOP and LD-14, Peipelman is moving to Austin Texas.
· The Prescott Valley Clean-up Day is scheduled from 8am – 4 pm., Sat., May 2.
· An AZGOP Campaign School is scheduled at 9 am., May 2 at Phoenix headquarters, 3502 N. 24th St. The free session includes communications, fundraising, voter data, committee operations, a luncheon panel discussion with consultants Sean Noble, Brian Murray and Constantin Querard, plus a Q&A session. Limited space. RSVP to AZGOP Political Director George Khalaf at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· The Sun City West Republican Club will met at 8:30 am., Sat., May 2 at the Sun City West Foundations building (Quail Room) 14465 R H Johnson Blvd., in Sun City West. Doors open at 8 am with coffee/donuts. $2 admission fee to cover cost of the room. Rae Lynne Chornenky, past president of the National Federation of Republican Women will address the group. Chornenky graduated MganaCum Laude from ASU, has served as a Superior Court Judge, a legislative attorney, was name one of the most influential women by the Junior League of Phoenix to name a few. Her list of accomplishment is too long to list here. Contact: email@example.com 602-421-8877.
· Top Arpaio Aide Jerry Sheridan: I Did Not Defy Court Sheriff Joe Arpaio's Chief Aide Tried To Convince A Federal Judge Friday That He Did Not Intentionally Defy His Order.
· Arpaios Chief Deputy Confirms Wack Investigations Of Judges Wife, CIA, DOJ By Stephen Lemons Sat., Apr. 25 2015
· US SC Justices’ Bias Void Impartiality Claims Justices Ginsburg, Kagan Have Taken Public Stance In Favor Of Same-Sex Marriage
· AZ Board Of Regents: Double Talk On Tuition In-State Tuition For Illegals Another Costly Incentive For Law Breakers
· AZGOP financial reports filed/ AZ Sec of State azsos.gov/cfs/FilerDetail
· FEC Filing Updated/Current AZGOP Financials Info CandidateCommitteeDetail.do?canId
· What Trey Gowdy Just Said About Benghazi Probe Could Mean Double Trouble For Hillary Clinton's Latest Influence-Peddling Scandal May Change Her Political Calculus.
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2No Border News Watch
WAR ON WOMEN
· It's Alright US Army School Of Music
JUDGE JEANINE PIRRO
· Watch: What Judge Jeanine Said About Hillary And The President Might Just Make Obama Furious "Her Political Deviancy Is So Low..."
BILL AND HILLARY
SECRETARY OF STATE/STATE DEPT