- ► April (21)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ▼ May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
Sunday - May 10, 2015 Mother’s Day
· Congrats To The TARS on having a full house at their banquet last night.
· A ‘Show for Joe Rally’ to show support for Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio is scheduled from 8:30 am to noon, Mon, May 11. Arpaio supporters are asked to bring signs and banners and gather in front of the Sandra Day O’Connor Court House, 401 W Washington, in downtown Phoenix. Bring water, wear walking shoes, hats and sunscreen. LD27 PC/Activist Art Olivas, who is organizing the rally, will be located near the Federal Building with signs, etc. Contact Olivas at firstname.lastname@example.org
· Services for Dora Sextro’s Husband Norbert will be held at 10 am, Mon, May 11 at Prince of Peace Catholic Church, 14818 W Deer Valley Dr., Sun City West. Burial service at 12:30 pm., at the National Memorial Cemetery, 23029 N Cave Creek Rd., Phx.
· Timothy Lee, AZGOP Compliance Director, will be conducting a Treasurer’s Training session for GOP LD treasurers and county chairmen from 10am-2 pm, Sat., June 6 at AZGOP headquarters, 3501 N. 24th St., Phx. Contact Lee at (602) 449-1000 or email@example.com
· GOP-Rallying-To-Save-Obamas-Secret-Trade-Deal . . . Senate Majority Leader
Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY) says the chamber will take up legislation granting President Obama broad negotiating authority for a new mega-trade deal “very soon. It’s been almost an out of body experience but we’ve been working closely with the White House,” McConnell tells reporters. “We’re working together to try to get it across the finish line.”
· Yavapai County Oathkeepers Chairman Jim Arroyo is conducting the meeting of the Prescott Valley Oathkeepers between 11 am-1 pm., May 16 at the Puerta Vallarta Mexican Restaurant, 11901 E. Hwy 69, Dewey, AZ, 86327 (park in the rear and enter the rear dining hall.) Participants are asked to have lunch at the restaurant so the group can meet there without charge. Oath Keepers is a non-partisan association of current and formerly serving military, reserves, National Guard, veterans, Peace Officers, and Fire Fighters. Contact: http://oathkeepers.org/ http://oathkeepers.org/oktester/about/
Rep Bob Thorpe is taking up a collection to help former Rep Carl Seel and his family as they are facing a rough time. Their 16 year-old son Nathaniel is battling cancer. Donations should go to Meg Reilly in House Room 130, who will note on a card the names of all who helped. Contact: Bob Thorpe's office at 602-926-5219 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· Congresswoman Martha McSally: Mothers make tremendous sacrifices for their families. From giving us life, to raising children, making sure there's food on the table, and being an endless source of love, comfort and encouragement, we owe so much to our mothers. This week, I was able to thank some of our mothers who are not only sacrificing for their families, but for our nation, as they serve our country overseas. On a trip to the Middle East and Afghanistan, we met with women service members and deployed Department of Defense mothers and handed out Mother's Day cards written by local elementary school students.
· The Arizona Republican Assembly (AzRA) is forming chapters throughout Arizona. Conservative Republicans (new members are subject to vetting) interested in joining AzRA should contact Chairman Thayer Verschoor (602-703-0266). Membership is open to conservative Republicans only who support the Republican Platform and the US Constitution. (AzRA) website www.azra2016.com
ü Thayer Verschoor, President
ü Phil Mason, 1st Vice-Chair
ü Sparky Smith, 2nd Vice-Chair
ü Jan Hibbard, Treasurer
ü Lynne Breyer, Secretary
ü Lori Urban, National Director
ü A J LaFaro, National Director
ü NC Maricopa County/Phoenix Chapter. Pres Sparky Smith email@example.com
ü NW Maricopa County Chapter including Surprise, Sun City, Glendale north of Northern, Pres Lyle Tuttle firstname.lastname@example.org
ü SW Maricopa County Chapter. Pres John Wilson email@example.com
ü SE Maricopa County Chapter including Tempe, Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa, Ahwatukee Pending
ü Western Pinal County Chapter. Contact: Jason Hayes 202-394-7202 firstname.lastname@example.org
ü Mohave County Chapter, Pending
ü Gila County Chapter. Pending
· Congressman Paul Gosar: “I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful Mother’s Day and were able to spend time with family and friends giving thanks for the irreplaceable role that mothers play in our lives. And while the second Sunday in May is always designated to celebrate the most important member of our families, mothers deserve to be cherished and appreciated every single day of the year. So after the gifts have been open and the day’s festivities have come to a close, let’s commit ourselves to continuing to show the same affection, gratitude and love that our mothers show us every day of our lives.”
· Judicial Watch Files FOIA Lawsuit on Behalf of Alliance Defending Freedom on IRS Investigations into Churches and Religious Groups -- Judicial Watch announced it has filed a lawsuit in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia on behalf of the Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF) to obtain the ...
McCain’s Voting Record: From Jan 1987 to Feb 2015, McCain missed 970 of 9,420 roll call votes, which is 10.3%. This is worse than the median of 1.7% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time. govtrack.us/congress/members/john_mccain
· A Drive-Thru Petition Signature Gathering for Phoenix Mayoral Candidate Anna Brennan is scheduled at 3375 E Shea Blvd, Suite 2-B, Phoenix, AZ 85028. As you drive up in front of the office, someone will meet you at your car so you can sign the petition and drive on home without getting out of your car:
ü Monday, May 11 from 5pm-7 pm.
Contact Nina Marlow (480) 707-9043 nmarlowCBL@gmail.com
· Tea Party Petition Stop Congressional Exemptions From Obamacare.
· The Emery Riddle University Republicans meet at 7 pm., Monday evenings in the ERU-King Engineering Bldg.. Contact: Joey Cilano email@example.com
· Contact www.arizonansagainstcommoncore.com for the latest on Arizonans Against Common Core.
· Congressman Paul Gosar: This past week, communities across the country celebrated National Small Business Week. The important role small business owner’s play in our communities cannot be understated. These entrepreneurs sponsor our youth sports teams, are intimately involved in facilitating community events and most importantly provide much-needed jobs. To honor these brave self-starters, I cosponsored the House Resolution celebrating the essential role of small business and the passion of American entrepreneurs.
· Congressman Rep. Matt Salmon on the Second Circuit Court of Appeals’ ruling that the NSA’s domestic metadata spying program is not authorized by section 215 of the USA PATRIOT Act.“Members of Congress have long maintained that the domestic spying operations currently employed by the Executive Branch against American citizens are unconstitutional. Rather than respect the will of the people, the Executive Branch has pretended that it is interpreting the USA PATRIOT Act correctly and continued behavior that is in direct violation to our constitution. While it’s true that government has a duty to protect the nation, we must take care to do it in a way that protects the civil liberties of all Americans. When even the law’s principal author has ardently maintained that these actions are against the intent of the legislation, the outcome of this case at the trial court should’ve been easy to read. Fortunately, today the Second Circuit Court of Appeals has corrected the district court’s error and remanded the case to them for consideration of the Constitutional violations so clearly present. I look forward to seeing the outcome of that case.”
· The Colorado River Tea Party – Yuma will entertain Sheriff Leon Wilmot and Chief of Police John Lekan at their 6 pm., June 4 meeting. Contact: Sally Kizer firstname.lastname@example.org 928-210-1219
· A. J. LaFaro, National Director of the Arizona Republican Assembly (AZRA) and Immediate Past Chairman of the Maricopa County Republican Committee (MCRC) is making presentations to Arizona County and Legislative District (LD) Committees, Republican Clubs, Tea Parties and Liberty Movements about
ü 1) ballot harvesting, stuffing and tampering and
ü 2) closing the Republican primaries here in Arizona
LaFaro is scheduled to speak to the
ü May 12 – LD26 Republican Committee
ü May 18 – Leisure World Republican Club
ü May 19 – Fountain Hills Tea Party
ü May 27 – Estrella Conservative Republican Club.
Any County or Legislative District (LD) Committee, Republican Club, Tea Party or Liberty Movement interested in hearing LaFaro's presentation can
contact him at email@example.com
· Tea Party Patriots Will Be Hosting Legislative Updates at 1 pm every Monday that Congress is in session, Legislative Consultant Bill Pascoe will cut through all the muck, mire and political spin to give you pertinent, up-to-date information on what is happening in Washington and how you can take action. Update: 1 pm, Monday EST. register
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
MONDAY, MAY 11
· LD1 (Maricopa County) Is Hosting Congressman Trent Franks at 7 pm., May 11 at the Desert Hills Community Church, 34835 N. 7th St., Phx. 85086 (7th St. and Carefree Hwy., just north of Burger King). Contact Cathy Schwanke firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm that Franks will be speaking in case of a scheduling change.
· The Arizona Project offers Krystal Slivinski address on “Economic Fun and Games” at 6:30 pm, Mon., May 11 at 3375 E Shea Blvd, Phx. Contact: Chr Ron Ludders 602-677-1496.
· The Yavapai County Republican Men’s Forum will elect new board members at the 11:30 am, May 11 meeting at St. Michael's Hotel Ballroom, 205 W. Gurley St., Prescott. Candidates include: Barry Denton – President; Tom Roegge – First Vice Chair; Mike Beatty – Secretary and Treasurer – Bob Luzius. Speakers include Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio and Central Yavapai County Fire District Chief Scott Freitag. $18 per person. Reservation deadline – Thurs., May 7. RSVP: Bob Luzius (928) 717-2551 or email@example.com
The Association of Mature American Citizens (AMAC) is sponsoring a town hall meeting with Congressman Trent Franks at 10 am., Mon, May 11 at the Recreation Centers of Sun City Lakeview Center, Social Hall #1, 10636 W Thunderbird Rd (corner of Del Webb & Thunderbird Rd). Franks will be addressing senior issues. Bring your questions. Seating may be limited. RSVP to Ted Farmer firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Highway 69 Republicans will meet at 6 pm., Mon., May 11 at the Puerta Vallarta Restaurant (rear dining room), 11901 E. HWY 69, Dewey AZ, 86327, to hear Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio discuss protecting the borders. 5 pm – social. RSVP or June at 928-632-4661 email@example.com http://www.highway69republicans.com
The Western Pinal County Chapter of The Arizona Republican Assembly will meet at 6:30 pm., Mon., May 11 at the Legacy Suites, 540 N. Cacheris Ct, Casa Grande (½ mile west of I-10 on Florence Blvd.) with Pinal County Superintendent of Schools Jill Broussard. Contact Chairman Jason Hayes 202-394-7202 firstname.lastname@example.org
TUESDAY, MAY 12
· The Phoenix Federalist Society Lawyers Chapter is hosting a Lunch with U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia at noon, Tues., May 12 at the Ritz-Carltonk, 2401 E Camelback Road, Phx. Tickets: Event Website RSVP: Melissa Johnson at email@example.com
· LD27 South Mountain will meet at 6:30 pm for dinner, followed by a 7 pm meeting on Tues., May 12 at the Jumbo Buffet - NE Corner Of 35th Avenue And Southern. Events in LD27 will be the topic of discussion. They plan a ‘Patriots In The Park’ on June 14 At El Prado Park, an upcoming gun raffle. Guest speakers Candidate Anna Brennan and Treasurer Brent Brooks from the Maricopa County Young Republican Professionals. will be joining us. Executive Committee Contacts: Chr Ron Harders – Hbaronaz@Msn.Com - 602-243-0111; 1st Vice Char Jose Tello – Josertello01@Gmail.Com - 480-309-5182 And 2nd Vice Chr Chris Morrill – Bikeartchris@Yahoo.Com - 480-415-2453.
· Prescott Mayoral Candidate Harry Oberg will appear before the Las Fuentes Village, 1035 Scotts Dr., Prescott at 10 am, Tues., May 12. Contact 928-848-9289.
The Mingus Mountain Republican Club meets at 11:15 am, May 12 at the VFW Post #7400, 705 E. Aspen St., Cottonwood, AZ. $11 per person. Cost: $11.00. LD5 Sen Kelly Ward. Topic: "Is it time for Sen. McCain to Retire?" Quang Nguyen, CEO of Caddis Branding Agency will address "Immigration - No Free Pass." RSVP: Niles Haton (928) 649-1643 or Mingus_Mountain@hotmail.com
· LD29 Republican Committee will meet at 7 pm, May 12 at Kings & Associates Realty, LLC, 6006 N 83rd Ave, Suite 201, Glendale, AZ 85303. Meet and Greet at 6:30 pm. Contact Alan Gaugert at 623-330-3622 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
· The Northwest Conservatives Present Jeff Utsch: “The Pros, Cons And All You Want To Know Regarding The Article V Debate” at 6 pm. May 12 in the Oro Valley Library Community Room.
Sun Lakes Republican Club will meet at 6:30 pm., Tues., May 12 to hear Tom Jenney’s presentation on the Americans for Prosperity’s Liberty Initiative in the Arizona Room at Sun Lakes Country Club, 25601 E. Sun Lakes Blvd. North, Sun Lakes 85248. Contact: Chr Mike Tennant 480-802-0178 http://slgop.org
The Capitol Times “Morning Scoop – K-12 Education” is scheduled at 7:14 am., Tues., May 12 at Alexi’s Grill, 3550 N Central Ave., Phx. Registration – 6:45 am. Reservations required. Complimentary continental breakfast provided. Panelists:
Rep. Heather Carter, Supt of Public Instruction Diane Douglas, Supt Littleton School District Dr. Roger Freeman, Chairman & Founder, GreatHearts Academies & Chairman-elect, ABOR Jay Heiler, and Executive Director Support Our Schools AZ Doreen Zannis. Moderator: Editor, Arizona News Service Jim Small. RSVP Here Seating limited to 100. Contact Tracy Keller at (602) 889-7140 or email@example.com
WEDNESDAY, MAY 13
· The Republican National Committee (RNC) Spring Meeting is scheduled May 13-15 at the Phoenician Hotel in Scottsdale. Presidential candidate Carly Fiorina will address the 6 pm., Wed., May 13 dinner. Sen Rick Santrum will speak a the 12:30 pm., Thurs., May 14 luncheon and Gov Jeb Bush will address the 7:30 pm reception/dinner. Presidential candidate Mike Huckabee and Ariz Gov Doug Ducey will speak at the 1 pm., Fri., May 15 luncheon.
The SaddleBrooke Republican Club will hear from Sen Steve Smith and Reps Mark Finchem and Vince Leach at the 4 pm., May 13 Forum. Doors open at 3:30 at the MountainView Club House, Ballroom at HOW#2, 38759 Mountain View Blvd, SaddleBrooke, AZ. Smith will address public safety, the military and veterans issues and the budget. Finchem will cover education, infrastructure, energy, natural resources and state sovereignty. Leach will talk about state deb, state roll overs, pensions, budget and deficits. Contact: Neil MacDonald - VP Communications firstname.lastname@example.org
· Former Gubernatorial Candidate Christine Jones and Jini Simpson are hosting a coffee reception for Republican Presidential candidate Carly Fiorina at 10 am., Wed., May 13 at the Simpson residence, 6022 N 51st Place, Paradise Valley. 10 am Host Reception: $2700 per individual. $5400 per couple. 10:30 am Coffee Reception. $500 per attendee. RSVP by Mon., May 11 to Katie Granger at 303-803-0747 or email@example.com www.CarlyForPresident.com
· The Arrowhead Republican Women will be collecting new youth patriotic books at their May 13 luncheon at Briarwood Country Club. Gently used suitcases will be appreciated by foster children needing a way to carry their belongings.
· The Arizona Corporation Commission is conducting an open to public “Energy Imbalance Market (EIM) Workshop at 1 pm., Wed., May 13 in Hearing Room One at 1200 W Washington Street, Phx.
· Reservations Are Being Taken for the 11:30 am., May 13 Arrowhead Republican Women’s luncheon at the Briarwood County Club. $20 per person. Check-ins at 10:45 am. RSVP on line at http://arrowheadrw.weebly.com/luncheons no later than 5 pm., May 8. You will receive a confirmation notice within 24 hrs of your reservation! If you do not - please send another e-mail (sometimes computers eat things) or call Lezlee at 602-354-5224.
· The Arizona Capitol Museum (AzCM) is hosting an exhibit of the 2014 winners of Arizona Forward’s “34th Annual Environmental Excellence Awards” through May 13. Arizona Forward and SRP presented 20 first-place Crescordia awards and 24 Awards of Merit. The winning projects set standards for achieving a balance between the built and natural environment in Arizona’s physical, technical, social and aesthetic development. The AzCM is open M-F, 9am-4pm, and Sat, 10 am-2 pm. Free parking for Museum visitors in Wesley Bolin Plaza at 17th Avenue and Washington Street. For information 602-926-3620. AzCM online at www.azlibrary.gov/AZCM.
THURSDAY, MAY 14
· Flagstaff Tea Party will present K Carl Smith, CEO/Founder of the Frederick Douglass Republicans at 6:30 pm., May 14 at the LaQuinta Inn, 2015 Beulah Blvd., Flagstaff, AZ 86001.
· The Republican National Committee (RNC) Spring Meeting is in process at the Phoenician Hotel in Scottsdale. Sen Rick Santrum will speak at 12:30 pm., Thurs., May 14 luncheon and Gov Jeb Bush will address the 7:30 pm reception/dinner. Presidential candidate Mike Huckabee and Ariz Gov Doug Ducey will speak at the 1 pm., Fri., May 15 luncheon.
· Governor Doug Ducey will host economic development, education, business and elected leaders from all corners of Arizona for a leadership summit at 1:30 pm., Thur., May 14, 2015 at University of Phoenix Stadium.. Speakers include:
ü Arthur Brooks, President of the American Enterprise Institute
ü An Education Panel featuring Joel Klein, former Chancellor of the New York City Department of Education and
ü Paul Pastorek, former Louisiana Superintendent of Public Instruction
ü Frank Luntz, Author, pollster, and leading communications consultant.
· Gov Doug Ducey’s ‘Governor’s Leadership Summit’ is scheduled at 1:30 pm., Thurs., May 14 at the University of Phoenix.
FRIDAY, MAY 15
· The Republican National Committee (RNC) Spring Meeting is in its last day at the Phoenician Hotel in Scottsdale. Presidential candidate Mike Huckabee and Ariz Gov Doug Ducey will speak at the 1 pm., Fri., May 15 luncheon.
· The AzFRW Summer Meeting is scheduled May 15 and 16 in Mesa. Registration deadline is May 7. AzFRW Summer Meeting Registration Form
SATURDAY, MAY 16
· A Celebration Of Life Memorial For Governor Raul Castro will be held at 11 am., Sat., May 16 at the Arizona State Capitol, according to Gov Doug Ducey. Details will continued to be released. Gov’s office contact: Kim Sabow. 602-542-1457 firstname.lastname@example.org
Memorial masses hosted by the Castro family:
ü 9 am., May 15 at the Sacred Heart Catholic Church, 272 N Rodriguez St., Nogales, AZ
ü 2 pm, May 15 at St. Augustine’s Cathedral, 192 S Stone Ave., Tucson, AZ
The official funeral mass will be held at 9 a.m. on May 16 at St. Mary's Basilica, 400 E Monroe St, Phoenix, AZ, 85004. Castro's ashes with interred in a private ceremony at the Sedona Community Cemetery in Sedona, AZ. Family contact: James Garcia, 602-460-1374, email@example.com
· The Cobre Valley Republican Club Armed Forces Day Luncheon is scheduled at 11:30 am., Sat., May 16 at the Elks Club in Globe, AZ. Speakers include State Treasurer Jeff DeWit, LD6 Sen Sylvia Allen, and AZ Teenage Republicans Chairman Lilia Dashevsky. Rev Clyde Bowen will give the invocation. $30 per person. Two for $55. Doors open at 10:30 am. Contact: Judy Moorhead 928-200-2468.
· The Moral Action Ministry Presents Supt of Public Education Diane Douglas in the Arizona State Government in Action-The 1st 100 days of 2015 between 9:34 am and noon, Sat., May 16 at the North Scottsdale Christian Church, 28700 N. Pima Road, (Dynamite & Pima) Scottsdale, AZ. LD23 Reps Michele Ugenti and Jay Lawrence will address legislative issues.
· The Fountain Hills Republican Club will hear Supt of Public Instructions Diane Douglas on Sat., May 16. Jon Riches of the Goldwater Institute will highlight the Sat., June 20 monthly meeting. Meetings are held in the Fountain Hills Community Center, 13001 N La Montana Dr., Fountain Hills, AZ 85268 stating promptly at 9 am. 8:30 am social. Contact: FHRepublican@gmail.com
The Tucson Expo Prepperfest/Gun Show is scheduled Sat & Sun., May 16 & 17. $10 for both days . Click Here For $2 Off Coupon!
· McCain Needs A New Barney Fife E J Montini
· Wise Mom delivers alarming message Muslim colonization in USA under auspices of United Nations, US State Dept. and influenced by powerful Muslim supremacist group, Organization of Islamic Cooperation
· Hillary’s Amnesty Deceit Gravely Imperils USA Brazen Lies A Way Of Life For Hillary Clinton
AZ Regents grant illegals in-state university tuition ABOR And Superior Court Judge Reward Illegality In Arizona
· I Support Free Speech, But ...Bill Whittle
· UN-Reveals-Horrifying-Islamist-Sex-Markets Alan West
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2No Border News Watch
· John-Bolton-2016-Republican-Contender Touts Foreign-Policy Expertise On Isis And Iran Ex-Bush Administration Ambassador To UN, Warns Of Isis Infiltration Into US And Says Iran Could Lead ‘Nuclear Holocaust’ Against Israel
BILL AND HILLARY
SECRETARY OF STATE/STATE DEPT