- ► April (21)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ▼ May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
Wednesday - May 13, 2015
· How-Many-Illegal-Immigrants-Were-Deported-In-Your-County-As-Part-Of-The-Secure-Communities-Program? This-Map-Has-The-Answer According to the nonpartisan Center for Immigration Studies, the deportations occurred between October 2008 and February 2015. The three counties with the most deportations during this period were Los Angeles County, Calif.; Maricopa County, Ariz.; and Harris County, Texas.
· Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery will address the LD24 Republicans at 7 pm, Thurs., May 21 at AZGOP Headquarter, 3501 N. 24th St., Phx. Montgomery is a West Point graduate, decorated Gulf War Veteran and former Deputy County Attorney. Rep Heather Carter will give a legislative update. Registration opens at 6:30 pm. An executive board meeting is also scheduled at 6:30 pm. Photos will be taken for the LD24 ID badges. See http://ld24.arizonagop.net Phoenix City Councilman Jim Waring will address the LD24 Republicans on June 18.
· The Tenth Annual AzCDL Independence Day Rifle Match is scheduled Sat. , July 4 hosted by the Rio Salado Sportsman’s Club. Limited to 6-0 shooters. Match information, location, rules and reservations can be found at AzCDL’s website. Entry fee is $60 and includes a free AzCDL Basic Annual membership. Contact: Match Director: email@example.com.
· Military/Veteran Resource Navigator Training is scheduled in Phoenix on May 19, Parker on June 3 and Show Low on June 18. Veterans can register here. The training is to support those that work with returning veterans help them going back to civilian life with how to get the help they need.
· Former LD13 Chairman Robert Branch has returned from Europe where he and his wife Adell were traveling when the LD13 new chairman Wally Campbell was elected at an April 27 ‘special election meeting.’ Upon election, Campbell announced that the “illegal bylaws,” adopted under Branch, would be reviewed and some sections rewritten this summer and voted on at the September 2015 meeting. Branch and prior officers happen to recall that Campbell served on the Bylaws Committee that recommended that LD13 adopt the former LD12 bylaws in July 2012. Ironically, Campbell’s recommended bylaws are the same bylaws that she now calls Branch’s “illegal bylaws.” How’s that for a tangled web??
· Congressman Paul A. Gosar after the House successfully passed H.R. 36, the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act, by a vote of 242-184-1 which prohibits late term abortions for unborn babies after 20 weeks post-fertilization: “In the wake of the horrifying discoveries of the Philadelphia abortion “House of Horrors” operated by Dr. Kermit Gosnell, it is more important than ever to defend innocent babies who aren’t capable of defending themselves. The cornerstone of the Declaration of Independence is the protection of life and today we reaffirm that gruesome abortion procedures have no place in our society. Scientific evidence overwhelmingly proves babies are capable of feeling the pain from horrific abortion procedures after 5 months and the vast majority of Americans agree that abortions should be prohibited after 20 weeks. As a father and a health care provider, I am pleased to see the House act today to protect life and the unborn.” Gosar is an original cosponsor of H.R. 36 which was introduced by his Arizona colleague, Congressman Trent Franks (AZ-08) as well as Congresswoman Marsha Blackburn (TN-07). Full text of the bill HERE. Congressman’s floor speech HERE
Long-Time Republican Activist Jane Schutte, former LD22 and former LD4 secretary: “I agree with what Eric Ericson says. I don’t think people are turning away from Christ as much as they are turning away from some of the established churches. Many people are going to Christ centered, Bible study churches (which in many cases are non-denominational) as opposed to established denomination churches. Many of the established denomination churches are becoming politically correct/worldly (Methodist, Presbyterian, Catholic, Baptist). We attend CCV (Christ Church of the Valley). It is more like I grew up with. It is more traditional values. They had at their Easter service 53,400 I think. There are a lot of young people, families that attend.” See Ericson article no-christianity-is-not-actually-in-decline
· Governor Doug Ducey Today Announced The Appointment Of Dr. Cara Christ as director of the Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS). "Dr. Christ has been instrumental to the Department of Health Services for nearly a decade," said Ducey. "She brings a proven record of leadership and success at the department, and I'm confident Arizonans will be well-served by her expertise, experience and passion for improving public health. I'm glad she will continue her work to change lives and communities in her new role as director." Christ has served as chief medical officer, licensing director and deputy director of public health for ADHS since 2008. Prior to joining the Department, Dr. Christ worked at Banner Good Samaritan, in Phoenix, as an obstetrics and gynecology resident.
· Sen John McCain Will Speak at an event hosted by the Greater Phoenix Economic Council and the Tucson Metro Chamber titled “Building an Innovative Economy: How Regions are Shifting to Advanced Industries” at noon (EST) tomorrow, Thurs., May 14 at the national Press Club in Washington., DC.
· The Fountain Hills Az Tea Party (3rd Tues) is scheduled at 6:30 pm., May 19 at the Fountain Hills Unified School District Learning Center, 16000 E Palisades Blvd. (Palisades Blvd. & Golden Eagle Blvd.). Former Chairman of the Maricopa County Republican Committee A.J. LaFaro will be speaking on closing the Republican primary in Arizona. Open to all Republicans. Admission is free but donations to help offset expenses are appreciated. Contact: Richard Rutkowski firstname.lastname@example.org or www.fhteaparty.org
· Attack of the UniParty: What to Do? Republican Party loyalists are having a tough time of it lately; a consequence of one sellout after another at the hands of the Republican-held House and Senate leadership. Perceptive Republicans are used to it: they’ve had to march a long, tough slog since Ronald Reagan departed the Oval Office.
· The Sun City West Republican Club will hold its Sat., June 6 meeting at the Sun City West Foundations building (Quail Room) 14465 R.H. Johnson Blvd., Sun City West Arizona. Doors open at 8am with coffee and donuts. Mtg at 8:30 am. Admission $2 to cover cost of room. Speaker Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery, a West Point Graduate, decorated Gulf War Veteran, former Deputy County Attorney and a prosecutor. Montgomery earned his J.D. from ASU's College of Law, graduating Magna Cum Laude and receiving the Order of the Coif. He resides in Gilbert Arizona with his wife and children.
· The Arizona Diamondbacks are offering a 50% discount on up to four tickets for all Sunday homes games this season to all active, reserve, retired and veteran military personnel.
· Judicial Watch Files Seven New FOIA Lawsuits Against State Department To Force Release Of Clinton Emails, Other Secret Email Records -- Judicial Watch announced that it has filed seven Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuits against the State Department in the U.S. District Court for the ... READ MORE
· Pima County Republican Headquarters is calling for volunteers between 9:45 am and noon on Sat., May 16 to help the three Republican city council candidates obtain signatures to get on the ballot.
ü WARD 1: Candidate Bill Hunt gathering at I-10 and Starr Pass Boulevard, 709 W Starr Pass Blvd (Waffle House)
ü WARD 2: Candidate Margaret Burkholder gathering at Houghton south of Irvington - Civano, 10645 E. Eisenbergs Place (House)
· Phoenix Mayoral Candidate Anna Brennan petitions to get on the ballot can be signed at the Arizona Project office, 3375 E Shea Blvd. #2-B, Phoenix, 85028 M-F., 9 am to 5 pm. Contact: Nina Marlow (480) 707-9043 nmarlowCBL@gmail.com
· Call The White House 202-456-1111 Comments. Switchboard: 202-456-1414. Contact Senate https://www.senate.gov/ or Representatives http://www.house.gov/ Let them know how you feel. Hold their feet to the fire. They wanted these positions so badly, hold them accountable. Arizona delegation phone numbers:
· Editor’s Note: When expressing opinions, please limit commentary to 300 words.
Gov Doug Ducey: “I want the world to know that Arizona is the ideal place to live, work, play, recreate, retire, visit, build a business and get an education." To make that bold vision a reality, Ducey today announced a new business leadership group called the Arizona Zanjeros, comprised of active CEOs and business leaders from across the state and led by Arizona Cardinals President Michael Bidwill and Tucson Hispanic Chamber of Commerce President and CEO Lea Marquez Peterson as co-chairs.
The group's objective is to promote Arizona's reputation as a prime place to conduct business with an unmatched quality of life. Utilizing the benefits and advantages of a public-private partnership, the organization will work closely with the state's economic development partners to host visiting CEOs and provide both hospitality and first-hand accounts of what it's like to live and do business here.
"The Zanjeros will be my go-to team when it comes to marketing Arizona to CEOs and business leaders across the country and around the world. As active business and corporate leaders, they know the challenges of running a company and how living and operating in Arizona not only benefits their bottom line but also their quality of life for themselves, their families and their employees. There is nobody better to help inform, promote and share why they choose to live and work in Arizona."
Traditionally, zanjeros are water masters who control the expansive canal systems that provide a sustainable water source to Arizona's metropolitan regions and allow life to flourish in the desert. In a similar vein, the Arizona Zanjeros will help promote the state and drive business growth, expansion and development by serving as ambassadors for the state and working to ensure Arizona continues to flourish economically.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
THURSDAY, MAY 14
· Flagstaff Tea Party will present K Carl Smith, CEO/Founder of the Frederick Douglass Republicans at 6:30 pm., May 14 at the LaQuinta Inn, 2015 Beulah Blvd., Flagstaff, AZ 86001.
· The Republican National Committee (RNC) Spring Meeting is in process at the Phoenician Hotel in Scottsdale. Sen Rick Santrum will speak at 12:30 pm., Thurs., May 14 luncheon and Gov Jeb Bush will address the 7:30 pm reception/dinner. Presidential candidate Mike Huckabee and Ariz Gov Doug Ducey will speak at the 1 pm., Fri., May 15 luncheon.
· Governor Doug Ducey will host economic development, education, business and elected leaders from all corners of Arizona for a leadership summit at 1:30 pm., Thur., May 14, 2015 at University of Phoenix Stadium.. Speakers include:
ü Arthur Brooks, President of the American Enterprise Institute
ü An Education Panel featuring Joel Klein, former Chancellor of the New York City Department of Education and
ü Paul Pastorek, former Louisiana Superintendent of Public Instruction
ü Frank Luntz, Author, pollster, and leading communications consultant.
· Phx City Council Jim Waring will conduct a May 14 community meeting on the city budget with City Budget/Research Director Mario Paniagua at 6 pm., Thurs., May 14 in Room D2 of the Paradise Valley Community Center, 17402 N. 40th St., Phoenix, AZ (Google Map)
FRIDAY, MAY 15
· The Republican National Committee (RNC) Spring Meeting is in its last day at the Phoenician Hotel in Scottsdale. Presidential candidate Mike Huckabee and Ariz Gov Doug Ducey will speak at the 1 pm., Fri., May 15 luncheon.
· The AzFRW Summer Meeting is scheduled May 15 and 16 in Mesa. Registration deadline is May 7. AzFRW Summer Meeting Registration Form
SATURDAY, MAY 16
· A Celebration Of Life Memorial For Governor Raul Castro will be held at 11 am., Sat., May 16 at the Arizona State Capitol, according to Gov Doug Ducey. Details will continued to be released. Gov’s office contact: Kim Sabow. 602-542-1457 email@example.com
Memorial masses hosted by the Castro family:
ü 9 am., May 15 at the Sacred Heart Catholic Church, 272 N Rodriguez St., Nogales, AZ
ü 2 pm, May 15 at St. Augustine’s Cathedral, 192 S Stone Ave., Tucson, AZ
The official funeral mass will be held at 9 a.m. on May 16 at St. Mary's Basilica, 400 E Monroe St, Phoenix, AZ, 85004. Castro's ashes with interred in a private ceremony at the Sedona Community Cemetery in Sedona, AZ. Family contact: James Garcia, 602-460-1374, firstname.lastname@example.org
· Yavapai County Oathkeepers Chairman Jim Arroyo is conducting the meeting of the Prescott Valley Oathkeepers between 11 am-1 pm., May 16 at the Puerta Vallarta Mexican Restaurant, 11901 E. Hwy 69, Dewey, AZ, 86327 (park in the rear and enter the rear dining hall.) Participants are asked to have lunch at the restaurant so the group can meet there without charge. Oath Keepers is a non-partisan association of current and formerly serving military, reserves, National Guard, veterans, Peace Officers, and Fire Fighters. Contact: http://oathkeepers.org/ http://oathkeepers.org/oktester/about/
· The Cobre Valley Republican Club Armed Forces Day Luncheon is scheduled at 11:30 am., Sat., May 16 at the Elks Club in Globe, AZ. Speakers include State Treasurer Jeff DeWit, LD6 Sen Sylvia Allen, and AZ Teenage Republicans Chairman Lilia Dashevsky. Rev Clyde Bowen will give the invocation. $30 per person. Two for $55. Doors open at 10:30 am. Contact: Judy Moorhead 928-200-2468.
· The Moral Action Ministry Presents Supt of Public Education Diane Douglas in the Arizona State Government in Action-The 1st 100 days of 2015 between 9:34 am and noon, Sat., May 16 at the North Scottsdale Christian Church, 28700 N. Pima Road, (Dynamite & Pima) Scottsdale, AZ. LD23 Reps Michele Ugenti and Jay Lawrence will address legislative issues.
· The Fountain Hills Republican Club will hear Supt of Public Instructions Diane Douglas on Sat., May 16. Jon Riches of the Goldwater Institute will highlight the Sat., June 20 monthly meeting. Meetings are held in the Fountain Hills Community Center, 13001 N La Montana Dr., Fountain Hills, AZ 85268 stating promptly at 9 am. 8:30 am social. Contact: FHRepublican@gmail.com
The Tucson Expo Prepperfest/Gun Show is scheduled Sat & Sun., May 16 & 17. $10 for both days . Click Here For $2 Off Coupon!
SUNDAY, MAY 17
· The May 17 Las Fuentes Village Forum will feature Yavapai County Attorney Sheila Polk addressing: "Consequences of Recreational Marijuana" at 3 pm., at
1035 Scott Dr. Prescott, AZ, Moderator: Malcolm Barrett, Jr. Contact: Jacquie Auwarter (928 )776-7453.
· The Verde Valley Republican Women luncheon is scheduled at 11:30 am, May 20 at the Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa, 2250 Hwy 89A, Sedona, AZ. Meet/greet at 11 am., $17 per person. LD 6 Sen. Sylvia Allen, and Reps Brenda Barton and Bob Thorpe will provide a legislative update. RSVP: Erna Sesek (928) 284-4248 or email@example.com.
Yavapai County Young Republicans will meet at 6:30 pm., May 26 at a yet to be determined location. Contact: Matthew Perry at firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Republican Women of Prescott will meet at 11:30 am., May 26 at the Prescott to hear Dr. Zuhdi Jasser author of "A Battle for the Soul of Islam. " $20 each. RSVP: Elsie Tyree, email@example.com, (928-778-0235 or Pam Calhoon, firstname.lastname@example.org (928) 778-7157.
· The Yavapai County Republican Party’s Frontier Days BBQ Buffet is scheduled at 6:30 pm, July 3. 5:30 pm social hour, no host bar. $65 per person or $600 per table of 10. RSVP 776-4500 or email@example.com
MONDAY, MAY 18
· The Sun City Republican Club will meet at 6:30 pm., May 18 at the Sundial Center 14801 N 103rd Ave, , in Sun City with Maricopa County Community College Board members Jean McGrath and John Heep. 6:30 pm – social.
TUESDAY, MAY 19
· The Surprise Tea Party will meet at 6:30 pm., Tues., May 19 to hear an update on the Arizona Corporation Commission from Commissioner Doug Little in the Grand Canyon Room of the the Sun City West Foundation Plaza, 14465 W R H Johnson Blvd. Sun City West, AZ 85375. The group meets the first Tuesday of the month.
· GOPAC will hold its 2015 Western Regional Forum in Phoenix May 19 featuring Bill Kristol, editor and co-founder of The Weekly Standard, and Hugh Hewitt, nationally syndicated talk-show host.
· Dr. Carl Goldberg will speak to the Tuesday Morning Discussion Group at the Arizona Republican West Valley Office, 99th Ave/Bell Road, Sun City at 9:30 am, Tues., May 19, according to office manager Peter Lee. Goldberg will address the many aspects of Islam.
WEDNESDAY, MAY 20
· The Tucson Eastside Republican meeting is scheduled at 6:30 pm., Wed. ,May 20 in the Bear Canyon Library Community Room, 8959 E. Tanque Verde where they will heard from Tucson City Council candidates Margaret Burkholder - Ward 4, Kelly Lawton - Ward 2 & Bill Hunt - Ward 1. Free admission. Contact:
Parralee Schneider, 250-5073 & firstname.lastname@example.org
· Palo Verde Republican Women will meet May 20th at Grayhawk Golf Club, 8620 East Thompson Peak Parkway, Scottsdale. LD5 Senator Kelli Ward, will provide a legislative update including the state budget, and important bills currently waiting consideration in the next state legislature. Ward will take questions from the audience. Social -11 am, Lunch/Program 11:30 am. Lunch is $25. Reservations: contact Edith Stock, email@example.com or 480-298-7818.
· How-Many-Illegal-Immigrants-Were-Deported-In-Your-County-As-Part-Of-The-Secure-Communities-Program? This-Map-Has-The-Answer According to the Center For Immigration Studies, the deportations occurred between October 2008 And February 2015. The Three Counties with the most deportations during this period were Los Angeles County, Calif.; Maricopa County, Ariz.; And Harris County, Texas.
· Parent Alert: The Feds Want Your Kids 24/7 Public Boarding Schools On Obama Regime’s Agenda
· Scott Walker Separates From Pres. Pack On Amnesty Consulting With Sen. Jeff Sessions Pushes Gov. Walker Ahead In Iowa
· Arizonans-Realize-They-Made-Mistake-In Ducey Job Disapproval at 44%
· AZGOP financial reports filed/ AZ Sec of State azsos.gov/cfs/FilerDetail
· FEC Filing Updated/Current AZGOP Financials Info CandidateCommitteeDetail.do?canId
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2No Border News Watch
LAW AND ORDER
JUDGE ANDREW NAPOLITANO
BILL AND HILLARY
SECRETARY OF STATE/STATE DEPT