- ► February (25)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ▼ May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
Wednesday - May 20, 2015
· The Governor’s Office for Children, Youth and Families is searching for youth ambassadors that show leadership, engage communities and mobilize other youth to solve community challenges. Applications are due by 3 pm., May 27 from those who will high school sophomore, juniors and seniors in the fall. Potential commissioners must submit an application and may be interviewed in June at the State Capitol if selected. If you are interested in applying you can access the application at www.youthservingarizona.org. The GYC members will be selected and announced in late June. A mandatory orientation for the Governor’s Youth Commission 2015 - 2016 is on Sat, Aug 8, 2015 in Phoenix.
· Gov Doug Ducey Is Holding A 8 :45 Am., Thurs., May 21 Press Conference In The 9th Floor Rotunda, 1700 W Washington, Phx. To Announce Economic Development Plans.
· The Chinese Navy On Wednesday Warned A U.S. Military Surveillance Plane Multiple Times As It Flew Over A Contested Military Installation Being Constructed On Man-Made Islands In The South China Sea. The U.S. Is Considering Flying Such Surveillance Missions At Lower Altitudes Over The Islands And Sailing U.S. Warships Within Miles Of Them To Make Clear The United States Does Not Recognize China's Territorial Claims. CNN.Com
· There Will Be A Special Joint Town Council And School Board meeting on May 26th at 5:30 pm at the Wickenburg School Board room at Hassayampa Elementary School (behind the round gym). The item of discussion will be the Kerkes Trailhead Area and Hassayampa Elementary School Drainage. See agendawickenburgaz.org/ArchiveCenter
· The Pima County Republicans are sponsoring an organizational meeting of “iConnectAmerica - Taking Back Our Republic, One Neighborhood At A Time” meeting at 6 pm., June 24 for a no host dinner at the Cow Palace, 28802 S Nogales Hwy, Amado, AZ 85645 . Contact: Yale Wishnick, Pima County First Vice Chair 520- 398-8000 firstname.lastname@example.org
· On LD5 Sen Kelli Ward’s Senate Exploratory Committee flyer she notes, “While career politicians in Washington, D.C., fight to fund welfare for illegal immigrants, we are working in Arizona to scale back entitlement programs and get people back to work with good jobs. I went on Fox & Friends this morning to defend Arizona's push for more jobs and fewer handouts. If we want to see real reform, we need to replace complacent, career politicians and elect a true conservative who will fight against-- not for-- welfare for illegal immigrants and entitlements that discourage capable people from finding good jobs. Thank you so much. Let's band together and put Arizona and America back to work! contribute See exploring-challenging-mccain-for-us-senate
· A Celebration Of Life for Mike Richardson is scheduled between noon and 4 pm., Sat., May 23 at Lakeshore Mortuary, 1815 S Dobson, Mesa. Richardson was a LD18 Precinct Committeeman and Member-at-Large for the Republicans of Maricopa County Executive Guidance Committee. He recently passed away from complications following surgery. In lieu of flowers the family requests donations to youth athletic organizations, such as the YAL. See obituary: etc. Michael-Richardson In lieu of flowers the family requests donations to youth organizations, such as Young Americans for Liberty and the College Republicans. To donate to the AZ CRs, click here: https://azcr.wordpress.com/donate/ To donate to YAL, click here: https://www.yaliberty.org/contribute
· The American Freedom Defense Initiative (AFDI) has announced a new ad campaign to defend the freedom of speech and stand up to violent intimidation kicking off in the nation's capital. AFDI President Pamela Geller said: “Because the media and the cultural and political elites continue to self-enforce the Sharia without the consent of the American people by refusing to show any depictions of Muhammad or showing what it was in Texas that had jihadists opening fire, we are running an ad featuring the winning cartoon by former Muslim Bosch Fawstin from our Muhammad Art Exhibit and Cartoon Contest in Garland, Texas.”
· The Arizona American African Republican Committee (AAARC) will meet at 6:30 pm., Wed., June 4 at AZGOP headquarters, 3501 N. 24th Street, Phx. Contact Chairman Rev. Clyde Bowen 602 274-5439 email@example.com
· Standard & Poor's, one of the world's largest credit-rating agencies, has upgraded Arizona's credit rating from AA- to AA, with a stable outlook. This improvement -- which arrives on the heels of a similar upgrade from Moody's Investor's Services -- represents Arizona's most positive credit outlook position since 2008. "It's no accident that, in the past month, two of the world's top credit ratings services have improved their outlook of Arizona's financial condition. There's a reason our ratings are moving in a positive direction, while states like Illinois continue to appear dismal," said Gov Doug Ducey. "It comes down to good decision-making, fiscal responsibility and a fulfilled promise to balance the state budget once and for all. That's what we've done in Arizona, and that's the playbook we're going to continue to follow."
S&P's attributes its outlook improvement primarily to "Arizona's good fund balance position, on a budgetary basis, and expected near structural budget balance in fiscal 2016, based on recent above-budgeted growth in tax revenues," according to a Standard & Poor's credit analyst. The report also credits the upgrade to Arizona's diverse economy, housing market turnaround, strong revenue growth and spending restraint, among other factors.
· The Fountain Hills Republican Club's GOP Social is scheduled Tues., May 26 at the El Encanto Restaurant,11044 N Sauguaro Blvd, FH. Everyone invited. No speeches, no reservations, no host. Just a friendly atmosphere to socialize with fellow Republicans.
· The Lincoln Republican Women’s Club will meet Mon, June 29 with Congressman David Schweikert to hear him address “Making Cents out of Politics” at the New McCormick/”Millennium” Resort, Scottsdale-McCormick Ranch, 7401 North Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85253-3548 (Between E. Cheney and E. McCormick Rds on the East side of Scottsdale Road). Spouses invited 5:30 pm – meet and greet, 6 pm – business meeting, 6:20 pm – dinner and 6:45 pm program. $35 per person. Reservations required by June 25 to Judy Eisenhower, firstname.lastname@example.org
· Republican National Committee (RNC) Chairman Reince Priebus issued the following statement in response to the Fox News announcement regarding criteria to participate in the first Republican debate: “We support and respect the decision Fox has made which will match the greatest number of candidates we have ever had on a debate stage.”
· Jennifer Hill Is The New LD17 Second Vice Chairman.
US. Senate Candidate Alexander Meluskey will address the Chino Valley PAChyderm at 6 pm., May 21 at the Prescott Country Club. Contact: email@example.com 480-659-2410 www.meluskey.com Facebook: www.facebook.com/meluskeyussenate
· Senators John McCain and Lindsey Graham (R-SC) spoke on the floor of the U.S. Senate today on the fall of Ramadi and the Obama Administration’s failing strategy against ISIL in Iraq and Syria. See: mccain graham
· Immigration Changes Should Put U.S. Workers First - “We’ve got to enforce the law, no amnesty. If someone wants to be a citizen they need to go back to their country of origin and they can go down the normal pathway with that as a legal pathway forward…It should be one based on standing and making priority number one American workers, American wages, and a strong way to improve the American economy.” – Gov. Scott Walker, R-Wisc., on “Special Report with Bret Baier”
· The Mexican Wolf/Livestock Coexistence Council announces the deadline for Arizona and New Mexico livestock producers to submit applications to receive “payments for wolf presence” in 2014 under the Mexican Wolf/Livestock Coexistence Plan. Applications for wolf presence payments are due by June 1, 2015. Applications are available on the Coexistence Council website: http://www.coexistencecouncil.org/.
· YOUR TAX $ ISIS Captures Hundreds of US Vehicles and Tanks in Ramadi from Iraqis The ISIS fleet of captured U.S. military vehicles grew by more than 100 when Iraqi Security Forces fled the provincial capital of Ramadi 60 miles west of Baghdad and abandoned their equipment, Pentagon officials said
· The Arizona Department of Transportation continues to gather comments on the 2016-2020 Tentative Five-Year Transportation Facilities Construction Program while reaching out to the public and communities statewide for their input on the direction of the program over the next five years. Hearings are scheduled at 9 am:
ü June 19 - Pinetop-Lakeside Town Hall, 1360 N. Niels Hansen Lane, Lakeside, AZ 85929
The 2016-2020 Tentative Five-Year Program is available for public review and comment at azdot.gov/fiveyearplan. ADOT has developed a “how to read it” guide and welcomes feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org. A phone number is also available for public comments at 1-855-712-8530.
· “That’s The Only Obstacle To The Stonewall Strategy (of Hillary Clinton’s e-mails), if it were left up to the other parts of the administration, we would never get anything out of her at all. But it takes a judge, because there’s a lot of suits out there about her e-mails, about Benghazi and that’s about how we’ve learned stuff, that’s how we learned stuff about the IRS. It’s judges who don’t like being trifled with who have insisted on this.” – Charles Krauthammer on “Special Report with Bret Baier.”
· Fountain Hills' Traditionally Honors Our Nation’s War Dead with a Memorial Day Commemorative Ceremony at the Town's Veterans Memorial in Fountain Park. This year’s ceremony is scheduled at 9 am Memorial Day, Mon, May 25. The leadership for the ceremony rotates between the Town's 3 Veterans Service Organizations, VFW (Veterans of Foreign Wars) Post 7507, American Legion Post 57 and AmVets Post 7. This year it is lead by American Legion Post 58. As is traditional, VFW Post 7507's Color Guard will post the Colors. Taps will be played by Debbie Fisher. The Fountain Hills Saxophone Quartet will provide additional music.
· The Estrella Conservative Republican Club will meet at 7 pm., Wed., May 27 at the Estrella Foothills High School to hear immediate past Maricopa County Republican Chairman A. J. LaFaro address ‘closing the primary” and the bundling of proxies and ballots. Current Maricopa County Republican Chairman Tyler Bowyer will address local political issues. Contact: Chairman Richard Newcomer email@example.com
· LD17 will meet at 7 Pm., May 26 At The Tri-City Baptist Church Seminary Building, (On South Side Of Parking Lot) 2211 W. Germann Road Chandler, AZ 85286 to hear Substance Abuse Coalition Consultant Deborrah Miller speak about the impact of marijuana legalization. Contact: Chairman Shadow Asgari LD17shadow@Gmail.Com
· Congressman Matt Salmon’s office is hosting the Third Annual Salmon Salute to Veterans and Resource Clinic at 10 am., Fri., May 22 in the Southeast Regional Library’s Assembly Room, 775 N. Greenfield Road., Gilbert, AZ 85234. At the clinic, veterans will be able to:
ü Sign up for medical care
ü Check the status of existing primary care and other appointment requests
ü Receive one-on-one advising from VA benefits eligibility advisers
ü Check eligibility and sign up for Medicaid
ü Receive a range of education and information regarding grief, military sexual trauma, and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
Receive information on all VBA benefits to include:
ü Vocational and Rehabilitation
ü Employment, Home Loans, and Education
Open to all veterans. Pre-registration isn’t necessary, but please call his office at (480) 699-8239 to let him if you will be attending.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
THURSDAY, MAY 21
· LD24 will hear Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery at 7 pm, Thurs., May 21 at AZGOP Headquarter, 3501 N. 24th St., Phx. Montgomery is a West Point graduate, decorated Gulf War Veteran and former Deputy County Attorney. Rep Heather Carter will give a legislative update. Registration opens at 6:30 pm. An executive board meeting is also scheduled at 6:30 pm. See http://ld24.arizonagop.net Phoenix City Councilman Jim Waring will address the LD24 Republicans on June 18.
· LD25 will meet at 7 pm, May 21 (3rd Thru) at 640 N Mesa Drive Mesa, AZ. Doors open at 6:45 pm. Speakers: State Treasurer Jeff DeWit and Maricopa County Treasure Candidate Royce Flora. Contact: Chairman Ian Murray Ian@DesignedForLife.com (602)524-7786
· LD21 will meet at 7 pm., Thurs., May 21 at the Republican West Valley Office, 10050 W. Bell Rd, Suite 26, Sun City, AZ to elect new leaders. Nominations will be taken from the floor.
· The Ahwatukee Tea Party is hosting Phoenix City Councilman Sal DiCiccio at 6:30 pm., May 21 to discuss important city initiatives at the Clarion Hotel. See details/RSVP at Event invitation
· Alex Meluskey, who has announced he is running again Sen John McCain for the Senate seat in 2016, will speak at the May 21 Chino Valley Pachyderm meeting at the Prescott Country Club in Prescott Valley until the damage to the Bonn Fire Restaurant in Chino Valley is reconstructed from a recent fire, according to Chairman Sue Goodchild.
· A Fundraiser Reception For LD14 Sen Majority Whip Gail Griffin is scheduled from 4:30- 6 pm., May 20 at Arizona Rock Products, 916 W Adams, Phx. See flyer:
· Author Don Jans will address his book "My Grandchildren's America" at 6 pm., Thurs., May 21 at the Colorado River Tea Party – Yuma in the Community Christian Church, 6480 E Hwy 95, Yuma. Contact: Sally Kizer firstname.lastname@example.org 928-210-1219
· The Maricopa Republicans will host Author Kirk Fowler, at 6:30 pm., Thurs., May 21 at the COPA Center , 44585 Honeycutt Road, Maricopa 85138. Fowler, who wrote Potty Training for Liberals, joined the U.S. Border Patrol in 1960 and was stationed on both the Mexican and Canadian Borders. 1968 he began work as a Special Agent for DEA, stationed in Los Angeles, New York City, Washington DC, Mexico City (In Charge of Intelligence for Mexico and Central America), Dallas (In Charge of Intelligence for a seven state area) and Phoenix (In charge of the joint task force --Federal-State and Local Officers) Intelligence and the Marijuana Eradication Campaign. Has operated his own PI firm since 1986. See flyer fowler to speak
SATURDAY, MAY 23
· The Cochise County Republicans plan a “picnic of food, family fun and old fashioned political rally” starting at noon, May 23 in Tompkins Park, Sierra Vista, AZ 85635. RSVP to CCRC Headquarters 520-417-1000, Tom Crosby at 520-559-2703 email@example.com or Casey Jones 520-249-3487 firstname.lastname@example.org so they know how much food and drinks to obtain.
· The Chino Valley PAChyderm Common Core Seminar will be begin at 10:30 am., Sat., May 23 at the Prescott Country Club in Dewey. Reservations required for lunch. Seminar should wind up by 3 pm. Gina Ray, founder of “Opt Out Arizona” will be one of the speakers. The normal meeting place – the Bonn Fire – is under construction for four months due to a recent fire. RSVP Chairman Sue Goodchild email@example.com
TUESDAY MAY 26
· The Fountain Hills Republican Club May 26th Social will be held at El Encanto Restaurant, 11044 N Saguaro Blvd., Fountain Hills. No speeches, no reservations, no host. Have fun with fellow Republicans in a friendly social atmosphere.
· LD17 – Chandler, Sun Lakes and Gilbert – will meet at 7 pm, May 26 with Substance Abuse Coalition Consultant Deborrah Miller addressing the impact of marijuana legalization and Republican Party of Maricopa County Chairman Tyler Bowyer. Meeting location: Tri-City Baptist Church Seminary Building, (south side of parking lot), 2211 W. Germann Road, Chandler, AZ 85286
WEDNESDAY MAY 27
· A Wealth Management Q&A With Arizona Treasurer Jeff Dewit is scheduled at 6:30 pm., May 27 at the Grand Canyon University- Cass Building Room 139. DeWit will answer questions about how he built a business and working in the financial industry. Aaron Borders, a retirement and financial specialist, will answer questions about retirement planning for people at any age. Jeff and Aaron will be sharing about their personal experiences. They will not provide guidance to any personal financial situations or specific direction for individual investments. Hosted by the Maricopa County Young Republican Professionals. Light refreshment provided. Free to MCYRP members. Non members $10. See MCYRP.com/membership Tickets Click Here
GOP Aids Obama’s Stealth Immigration, Climate Change Power Grab Republicans foolishly poised to give Obama fast track on Trans Pacific Partnership, providing irreversible authority, since treaties supersede statutes under U.S. Constitution
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2No Border News Watch
LAW AND ORDER
BILL AND HILLARY
COMMON CORE/AGENDA 21