- ► March (26)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ▼ May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Friday, May 29, 2015
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
Friday - May 29, 2015
· Congressman Matt Salmon upon word that Secretary of State John Kerry had removed Cuba from the State Department’s State Sponsors of Terrorism list. “When word of this ridiculous plan first came to light, I harshly criticized an administration more concerned with politics than protecting Americans. The Administration continues to ignore the state of Cuba’s continued harboring of foreign terrorists and violent fugitives and the illegal weapons shipments the nation continues to receive. But most importantly, the Administration pretends the evidence linking Cuba to the terrorist group Hezbollah and other state sponsors of terrorism like Iran and Venezuela simply doesn’t exist. While the Executive Branch is busy emboldening the vicious Castro regime that openly shuns the very principles on which our nation was founded, it is also intentionally drawing the U.S. closer to disgusting terrorist organizations and brutal regimes. Americans should be outraged.”
· The Republican National Committee (RNC) released a new video, "Hypocrisy," comparing the six-figure speaking fees Hillary Clinton collected while attacking income inequality. "Hillary Clinton is simply out-of-touch with the American people. Clinton’s hypocrisy on income inequality is just another reason voters think she’s untrustworthy,” said RNC Chairman Reince Priebus.
· The Cobre Valley Republican Club held its 3rd Annual Armed Forces Day Luncheon on Sat, May 16 at the Elks Lodge in Globe. In recognition of the 70th anniversary of the end of the war in Europe, the Club saluted all WWII Veterans in the Globe area, according to Gila County Republican Chairman Gary Morris. The oldest veteran attending was 95 years old. Many Republican officials attended, including State Treasurer Jeff Dewitt, LD6 Sen Sylvia Allen, Arizona Teenage Republican Chairman Lilia Dashevsky, Mayors Terry Wheeler and Darryl Dalley, and Globe VFW Commander Mario Villegas. Invocation was given by Rev Clyde Bowen with the Globe High School JROTC presented Colors.
· Republicans Of Maricopa County Chairman Tyler Bowyer’s Message To Executive Guidance Committee: As you serve as a member of the Republican Party of Maricopa County’s Executive Guidance Committee, we are sending this letter to inform you of the vacancy in the office of County Member-at-Large. Members-at-Large may be elected regardless of their location within the county. This vacancy has occurred suddenly due to the tragic passing of Mike Richardson, a stalwart and beloved member of our county committee who accepted the role of assisting in Supervisorial District 1 assigned to Legislative Districts 12,17, 18 and 26.Per our County bylaws, this notice is to also inform you of the election to fill this vacancy at the next EGC meeting on June 3, 2015. Please forward this information to the Precinct Committeemen in your district and spheres of influence as expeditiously as possible. Those who wish to be placed on a ballot, as time permits, should contact me directly. Nominations will also be accepted from the floor. If you have questions, feel free to contact Executive Director April Riggins or Tyler Bowyer, 480-239-0025 firstname.lastname@example.org
· LD 17 Is Conducting A Gun Raffle for a glock, model 19, 9mm handgun, alonag with carrying case, safety cable, magazine and a safety course at Ted’s Shooting Range, for $10 per tickets. The winner must be at least 21 years old, a resident of Arizona with a valid ID, and must provide information for a background check to Ted's Shooting Range in Queen Creek. Only 120 tickets will be sold. Both the winner and Ted's Shooting Range will be notified. Only the person whose name is on the ticket may claim and register for the gun. Tickets are available through Michael Tennant at 480-802-0178 and the other LD 17 Executive Board members. LD 17 ExecutivBoard members are not eligible to win.
· Congressman Matt Salmon "is 'taking a serious look' at a primary run against Sen. John McCain (R) in 2016, a source close to the representative told National Journal on Thursday. The statement is the strongest indication yet that the tea-party-backed" Salmon might challenge the incumbent. (National Journal)
· Go To www.russellpearce.com To Sign The Petition "Protect Arizona Now" Petition
LD17 Has Scheduled A Family Picnic between 2-6 pm., June 6 at the home of Charles & Jennifer Hill, 413 W. Bentrup St., Chandler, AZ 85225. Participants are asked to bring a side dish or dessert to share. The rest will be provided. Contact: Chr Dr. Shadow Asgar LD17shadow@gmail.com
· Congresswoman Martha McSally will tour Hydronalix in Sahuarita tomorrow at 9:45AM. Hydronalix, a local small business that designs and develops maritime robotic technologies, was recently named one of 23 high-tech, small businesses in the country, and one of two in Arizona, to receive the Small Business Administration’s 2015 Tibbett’s Award, recognizing their achievements within the Small Business Innovation Research program. Hydronalix’s flagship product, the Emergency Integrated Lifesaving Lanyard (EMILY), has received international acclaim, including being named the “Invention of the Year” by Popular Science for Security Category and 7th best Invention of the Year by Time Magazine.
· Speaker Andy Biggs is scheduled at address the Sun Lakes Republican Club at 6:30 pm., June 9. Contact: Chr Dr. Shadow Asgar LD17shadow@gmail.com
· LD17 will meet at 7 pm., June 30 with Andy Biggs at the Tri-City Baptist Church Seminary Building, (south side of parking lot)2211 W. Germann Road. Chandler, AZ 85286. The regularly meet on the last Tuesday of the month. Contact: Chr Dr. Shadow Asgar LD17shadow@gmail.com
· Supt of Public Instruction Diane Douglas will be in Sierra Vista at 9 am., Sat., May 30at the Buena Performing Arts Center, 5225 Buena School Blvd., as part of her “We Are Listening” Tour To listen to Arizonans express their views on current education issues facing Arizona’s K-12 students.
· Chandler Republican Women are planning a Blingo Bingo at 6:30 pm., June 16 at Chateau de Vie. Please bring water to donate.
· Common Core Fighters: You are asked to submit your personal experiences with the Common Core Standards and AzMERIT testing to Supt of Public Instruction Diane Douglas's "We are listening tour" on the Arizona Department of Education's website (ADE's) called "Hearing Every Voice." hearingeveryvoice/ OR send an email to HearingEveryVoice@azed.gov All of these comments and/or questions will be captured in the "We are listening tour" and an answer received back about what the ADE intends on doing with "parents and student threats from AzMERIT testing." Contact: Jennifer Reynolds 480-961-4214 arizonansagainstcommoncore.com
· Motorists Traveling On US 89 Between Cameron And Page should allow for extra travel time as the Arizona Department of Transportation makes improvements to an eight-mile stretch of roadway from Gray Spot Wash to North Red Hill (mileposts 510-517), just south of the US 89/US 89A junction near Bitter Springs. Beginning on Mon, June 1, the two-lane highway will be reduced to one lane and traffic will alternate through the work zone with the aid of a pilot car. During the one-lane restriction, delays of up to 30 minutes are possible. In addition to resurfacing the pavement throughout the entire project length, ADOT will construct new passing lanes for north- and southbound travel (mileposts 514-515), widen the shoulders and reinforce bank protection at Tanner Wash.The $6.9 million improvement project in Coconino County is scheduled to be completed this fall. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday from early morning hours to sunset. No nighttime, weekend or holiday construction is anticipated. ADOT advises drivers to proceed through the work zone with caution, slow down, and be alert for construction equipment and personnel. azdot.gov/US89GraySpotWash.
· To Stay Up To Date With The Latest Highway Conditions around the state, visit the ADOT Traveler Information Center at az511.gov or call 5-1-1; outside Arizona, dial 1-888-411-ROAD (7623).
· The Mexican Wolf/Livestock Coexistence Council announces the deadline for Arizona and New Mexico livestock producers to submit applications to receive “payments for wolf presence” in 2014 under the Mexican Wolf/Livestock Coexistence Plan. Applications for wolf presence payments are due by June 1, 2015. Applications are available on the Coexistence Council website: http://www.coexistencecouncil.org/.
· Governor Doug Ducey has announced the appointment of Kim Sabow as executive director of the Arizona-Mexico Commission (AMC). Sabow will continue to serve as international advisor to the governor. Prior to joining the Ducey administration, Sabow served as assistant vice president of state relations for the University of Arizona, working as the liaison between the University and the State Legislature, Governor's Office and numerous state agencies to promote UA's legislative priorities at the State Capitol.
· Justin Dutram has joined the Arizona-Mexico Commission as deputy executive director. Dutram currently serves as program coordinator for the University of Arizona's Office of Global Initiatives, developing strategic, bilateral initiatives between the University and Mexico. Dutram previously worked for the University as academic outreach coordinator for Santa Cruz County.
· Editor’s Note: When expressing opinions, please limit commentary to 300 words.
· Author Tom Morrissey (past AZGOP Chairman): This nation is being steered away from the principles that led us to greatness. Much of it has been wrought by what we are exposed to - which is flooding out of Hollywood, and in newspapers and songs. Tradition is attacked and skewed by so-called ‘intellectuals’ who look down their noses at those of us who embrace patriotism and believe in American Excellence. A new TV series, “Lucifer,” being readied casts Satan as a ‘good’ guy. Its promo makes God look like He is ‘sort of’ the bad guy’ or maybe not ‘hip’ enough to understand where Lucifer is coming from.
With everything that we value being kicked to the curb in the name of political correctness, is this surprising to you? Is there anything any of us can do about it? My answer is to do my part in the creative area. It’s no secret that my books are all about ‘good versus evil’ and the story lines speak to the goodness of God and vileness of Satan. This is a logic as old as time itself and sadly is now disappearing into the mire of this current culture.
I ask that you be part of taking back that which is being lost by finding authors, song writers, movie makers and journalists who are not afraid to stand for this nation under God, and state clearly who the bad guys really are. Maintain that support so that the culture can begin to shift back to what it once was.
Whether or not you choose to support my books is nowhere near as important as finding and supporting patriotic, God-loving, brave and talented authors, movie producers, commentators and song writers who represent you in their work. It’s time we ALL do something about it, in whatever way each one of us can.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
SATURDAY, MAY 30
· Sen Andy Biggs And His Wife Cindi will be the guests of Barbara Blewster and her husband between 7 -8:30 pm, Sat., May 30 at 915 W. Fairway Drive, Mesa 85201, to discuss why a Constitutional Convention is a dangerous idea. Those interested in attending should RSVP to Blewster at 480-833-4937.
· The Arizona Game and Fish Dept. Community Fishing Program is hosting a free fishing clinic from 8-11 am, Sat., May 30 at Desert West Park, 6602 W. Encanto Blvd. in Phoenix. No license is required to fish during the event. Fishing poles and bait will be available to borrow for free during the event.
· National Federation of Republican Assemblies President Sharron Angle Sharron_Angle will address the 9 am, May 30 Arizona Republican Assembly (AzRA) May membership meeting at the Devonshire Community Center, 2802 East Devonshire, Phoenix, Arizona 85016. Angle will discuss “What would the US Senate look like after Senators John McCain and Harry Reid” and the NFRA Presidential Preference Convention. Phoenix City Councilman Sal DiCiccio will address opposition to the $33 billion trolley (aka light rail) being the largest tax boondoggle in the history of Arizona. Free admission. Tickets required. Priority seating for those with reservations. RSVP eventbrite.com/e/may-azra-meeting-tickets
TUESDAY, JUNE 2
· The Surprise Tea Party will meet at 6:30 pm., Tues., June 2 to hear retired peace office and lobbyist Rick Dalton address “Police and the Community” in the Grand Canyon Room in the Sun City West Foundation Plaza, 14465 W R H Johnson Blvd. Sun City West, AZ 85375. Dalton is members of the Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association.
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 3
· The Republicans of Maricopa County will meet at 7 pm., Wed., June 3 at AZGOP Headquarters, 2401 N. 24th Sts.,
THURSDAY, JUNE 4
The Mesa Republican Women will meet at 11:30 am, Thurs., June 4 to hear Mesa Mayor John Giles at a luncheon at 1900 E. University Drive, Suite 11, Mesa. Northwest corner of University Drive and Gilbert Road. Riviera Plaza shopping center. Lunch is $10 for members and $12 guest/visitors. $25 yearly membership. The Club meets the first Thursday of the month, except July/Aug. in 2015, at Must RSVP 5 days in advance. Contact: President Sherry Pierce email@example.com
· The Arizona American African Republican Committee (AAARC) will meet at 6:30 pm., Thurs., June 4 at AZGOP headquarters, 3501 N. 24th Street, Phx. Contact Chairman Rev. Clyde Bowen 602 274-5439 firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Colorado River Tea Party – Yuma will meet at 6 pm., June 4 at the Community Christian Church, 6480 E. Hwy 95, Yuma to hear Yuma County Sheriff Leon Wilmot. Contact: Chairman Sally Kizer 928-210-1219 email@example.com www.coloradoriverteaparty.org
· The Central Republican Women of Phoenix will meet at 6:15 pm., June 4 for dinner at the Hilton Garden Inn, 4000 N Central Ave., Phx to hear a debate on the merits of an Article V Convention between author Dustin Romney who supports the convention and author/Sen Andy Biggs, opponent. 5:30 pm – social. The group will elect elected to the AzFRW Biennial Convention scheduled in September. $22 per person. RSVP to Tina Shaw at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 623-934-9730 no later than Sun, May 31st. Tina needs to know if you are not attending as well. A reservation made is a reservation paid. Any cancellation must be received by Sunday, May 31st to avoid being charged. See flyer for details: June Meeting Flyer
· Vets-Enrolled-Flight-School-Shut-Out-Training-After-Va-Suspends-Program 'They Sucker-Punched Us Again'
· Reps-From-Ariz, Calif-Aim-To-Keep-Status-Quo Want To Preserve Boundaries Set By Independent Panel
· Tea-Party-Favorite-Matt-Salmon-Considering-John-McCain-Challenge-In-2016 Many Consider Salmon Conservative Hardliners' Best Hope For Unseating McCain.
· It’s Time To Stand With Sheriff Joe When It Comes To Sheriff Joe Arpaio, Facts Are Incidental To AZ Republic Reporters
· Kirkpatrick Challenges Mccain: Liberal V. RINO Arizonans Deserve Better
Buying American: It’s more difficult than you think …and will only get worse
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2No Border News Watch
· Reporter Tries To Corner Ted Cruz With Ridiculous Anti-Gay Question… BIG BIG Mistake This Is How You Handle Reporters With Gotcha Questions From Biased Agenda-Driven Reporters.
COMMON CORE/AGENDA 21
SECRETARY OF STATE/STATE DEPT
'She Trashed America': Levin Rips First Lady's Memorial Day Speech To Grads
· Muslims React To Obama's Speech World Laughing At Us