- ► April (21)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ▼ June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Thursday, June 4, 2015
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
Wednesday June 3, 2015
· LD20 Chairman, Long-Time Republican Activist, Glendale Resident And Businessman Ray Malnar has announced his candidacy for the City of Glendale City Council seat held by recalled council member Gary Sherwood.
“A someone who has called Glendale home for 25 years, I really felt obliged to answer the call and serve my community in this way. We need and deserve someone who will listen to their constituents,” said Malnar. It has been tough to watch Mr. Sherwood’s time in office. As one of his constituents I wanted him to be successful and expected him to keep his campaign promises. It is sad that things got so bad that the people of the Sahuaro District had to organize an actual recall, but I look forward to sharing and executing a consistent and positive vision for Glendale.”
Malnar has owned and operated a floor maintenance and restoration service for 20 years in Glendale. Prior to that he had 11 years of management experience in finance, accounting and information systems with a for a trucking firm. He is board member at Choice Academies and is chairman of the West Mec School District. He holds an MBS and has a Bachelors degree in Speech/Communication and Finance. He and his wife Mary have five children and seven grandchildren. Contact: email@example.com
· The Republican Party of Maricopa County congratulates LD21 Rep Tony Rivero on his recognition by Maverick PAC as one of top 40 future business and political leaders from across the county. “Maverick PAC’s goal is to build a network of and highlight the next generation of leaders. The Future 40 is our opportunity to acknowledge individuals on the ascent in their careers. They are rising to the top of their field, whether in the board room or in elected office,” said Maverick PAC National Chair Jay Zeidman.
“We are incredibly proud of Representative Rivero,” said Republican Party of Maricopa County Chairman Tyler Bowyer. “Representative Rivero has proven himself time and time again as a rising star within the ranks of young Republican leaders and we look forward to the great things he has yet to accomplish.”
The 2015 award recipients will be recognized at this year’s Maverick PAC annual conference, being held at The Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas July 16-18 featuring Carly Fiorina, Sen. Ted Cruz, Sec. Don Rumsfeld, and Gen. Mike Hayden among others.
· Bob Kampfe Was Elected To Fill Mike Richardson’s position as a member-at-large on the Republicans for Maricopa County Executive Guidance Committee (EGC) this evening. Richardson recently passed away. Kampfe was one of 14 candidates seeking the position.
· Phoenix City Councilman Bill Gates will be at Ridenour Hienton between 8-9 am, Thur., June 4 for coffee and bagels. Gates is running for re-election for Phoenix City Council and will be discussing Phoenix’s economy and fielding questions. Suggested cont $25. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Northwest Conservatives will present Sen Kelli Ward at 6 pm, Thurs., June 11 the Oro Valley library in Oro Valley. Ward is a potential candidate to retire Sen. John McCain.
· A. J. LaFaro, National Director of the Arizona Republican Assembly (AZRA) and Immediate Past Chairman of the Maricopa County Republican Committee (MCRC) will address ballot harvesting, stuff and tampering, and closing the Republican primaries at the June 9, LD29 meeting. Any County or Legislative District (LD) Committee, Republican Club, Tea Party or Liberty Movement interested in hearing LaFaro's presentation can contact him at email@example.com
· Today Both The White House And State Department claimed to not have read a front page story in the Washington Times revealing yet another Clinton Foundation controversy. So, RNC Chairman Reince Priebus graciously sent both Josh Earnest and Marie Harf copies so they can take your questions tomorrow. See the report, briefing clips, and tweet from Chairman Priebus below:
ü VIDEO: Earnest Hasn’t Read Washington Times Story On Clinton Foundation Ties To Sweden, Iran Sanctions
ü VIDEO: Harf Hasn’t Read Washington Times Story On Clinton Foundation Ties To Sweden, Iran Sanctions
· Superintendent of Public Instruction Diane Douglas will be at the Gila County Courthouse Supervisors Heating Room, 1400 E Ash St., Globe at 5:30 pm., Thur., June 4 on the “We Are Listening” tour. The event will be broadcast live in Payson at the Gila County Administration Building, Board of Supervisors Hearing Room, 610 E. Highway 260, Payson.
· LD19 Will Be Hosting A June 8 meeting in the conference room at the Total Wine Store, 1446 N. Litchefield Road, Goodyear. Speakers include US Senate Candidate Alexander Meluskey and LD27 Representation candidate Rev Myron Jackson. Contact:Chairman George Ortiz firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Arrowhead Republican Women are asking for volunteers to help with the Hospitality Suite at the National Convention in September. The GOP congressional delegation will sponsor the suite during the national convention scheduled Thurs, Dept 10 through Sun., Sept 13. Contact: Allison Mary at 480-628-2763 or email@example.com
· AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham today released the results of input he received when polling Republican party leaders throughout Arizona about their views on the legalization of marijuana. A political committee created last year is now circulating petitions to put the legalization of marijuana on the November 2016 ballot. “Republicans overwhelmingly oppose the destructive use of drugs in our families, in our schools and in our workplaces, because legalizing marijuana sends a profoundly disturbing message to our children about the choices they will be making in life,” said Graham. “We’ve already heard from law enforcement officials that marijuana supposedly used for medicinal purposes is being abused and ending up in the hands of children and young teens, and we need to reverse that trend.”
Graham asked the party's Executive Committee, made up of elected Republican Party officials from each county and legislative district in the state, about their views on the marijuana measure. The vast majority oppose the legalization, clearing the way for the party to use its resources to defeat the measure in the 2016 election.
Graham encouraged not just Republicans but all opposed to the legalization of marijuana to attend a roundtable discussion on the issue hosted by the ASU Morrison Institute on June 4th at the ASU Downtown Campus. Yavapai County Attorney Sheila Polk, who also opposes the legalization of marijuana, is a featured panelist at the event.
· Motorists Headed To The Flagstaff Airport, Fort Tuthill County Park, and to State Route 89A from Interstate 17 need to be aware of a traffic restriction that prevents travel across JW Powell Boulevard beginning early morning on Monday, June 8. This restriction will be in place continuously until early July while work is being performed at the tie-in and on the ramp for the new eastern roundabout. ADOT advises drivers to proceed through the work zone with caution, slow down, and be alert for construction equipment and personnel. Please allow additional time to accommodate for your destinations during the detours in place, To stay up to date with the latest highway conditions around the state, visit the ADOT Traveler Information Center at az511.gov or call 511; outside of Arizona dial 1.888.411.ROAD (7623). azdot.gov/media/News
· Today, Congressman Paul A. Gosar, released this statement after his amendment prohibiting the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) from imposing an importation ban on 7N6 ammunition successfully passed the House and was attached to the Commerce, Justice, Science and Related Agencies Appropriations Act for Fiscal Year 2016: “I am especially pleased to see the House support my actions today to protect the second amendment and defund the 7N6 ammo ban, not only because of the legislation’s merits, but also because the idea for the amendment was inspired by citizens from Prescott, Arizona. This issue came on my radar at a forum held in March of this year when a large number of my constituents expressed their outrage about ATF reclassifying imported 7N6 ammunition as ‘armor piercing’, thus preventing this ammo from being imported. After years of having a sportsman exemption, ATF reclassified 7N6 only after finding an extremely rare and obscure Polish-made pistol that could supposedly shoot the 7N6 cartridge. Banning 7N6 ammunition commonly used by sportsmen for target practice through a misguided advisory is another example of federal overreach by the ATF. I will continue to use the ‘power of the purse’ to prevent ATF’s backdoor gun-control measures. Today’s affirmation by the House further rebukes this ideologically-driven agenda and the country has some good people in Prescott, Arizona to thank for this victory.”
· LD27 – South Mountain GOP – is hosting Patriots in the Park from 10 am to 3 pm., Sun., June 14 at El Prado Park, 6428 S. 19th Ave., Phx. 85042 to benefit St. Vincent de Paul. Event is free. Donate nonperishable food items for the Society of St. Vincent de Paul and receive raffle tickets for prizes donated by local businesses. Free games and contests with prizes. Visit Independence Hall to get a free copy of the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution. Special acknowledgement and U.S. Flag pins will be given to all active and veteran military personnel. Our emcee for the event is The Chips-n-Salsa Show and guests: Central City Online Music Station, Tres Amigas Fitness, Rev. Myron L. Jackson Sr., Rev. Clyde Bowen, "Patrick Henry", Comedian Brad Zinn, Sen Kelli Ward, Phoenix Mayoral Candidate Anna Brennan, Citizens of Self Governance and Republican Party of Maricopa County Chairman Tyler Bowyer. The winner of the firearms raffle will also be announced. Raffle contact: Second Vice Chairman Chris Morrill, (480) 415-2453 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact: Event coordinator Trinidad Tello at (480) 294-7144 or email@example.com.
· SaddleBrooke Republican Club will conduct a Forum June 10 with Rep Vince Leach addressing the Central Arizona College Governing Board's approval of a property tax increase of 85 cents per $100 of assessed valuation of our Pinal County property taxes. This increase was voted on and approved by a majority of the Board. A potential recall election is now being called for in order to repeal this attempt of higher taxation. Two Border Patrol Officers from the Tucson Sector will provide their perspectives on field operations, how the system works and where there is room for improvement. Both officers are in the field daily. The group will meet at 4 pm., Wed., June 10 in the Mountain View Club House, Ballroom. SaddleBrooke AZ. Doors open at 3:30 pm. Contact: Neil MacDonald, Vice President Communications. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
· LD23 Rep Jay Lawrence will be master of ceremonies at the Sat., June 6 East Valley Young Marines 10th Anniversary celebration at Trinity Church in Mesa. The event speaker is Mike Kessler (Lt. Col. USMC ret.), National Executive Director of the Young Marines from Washington D.C.
· Supt of Public Instruction Diane Douglas will tour statewide for the next couple of weeks to hear residents opinions and concerns on all K-12 education issues. The “We Are Listening” tour will make 14 visits through the end of June. Public comments can also be submitted via email at HearingEveryVoice@azed.gov, online at www.azed.gov/HearingEveryVoice, or via the @azedschools Twitter account using #HearingEveryVoice. See schedule:
ü Thurs, June 4 – 5 :30 pm, Gila County Courthouse, 1400 E Ash St., BOS Hearing Room, Globe.
ü Sat, June 6 – 9 am, Casa Grande High School, Casa Grande
ü Thurs, June 11 – 4 pm, Prescott High School, Prescott
ü Sat., June 13 – 9 am, Flagstaff, tba
ü Thurs., June 18 – 5 pm, Navajo Nation Council Chambers, Window Rock
ü Sat., June 20 – 9 am, Round Valley Dome, Springerville.
· Military/Veteran Resource Navigator Training is scheduled in Show Low on June 18. Veterans can register here. The training is to support those that work with returning veterans help them going back to civilian life with how to get the help they need.
· Retire McCain GOP Candidates:
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
THURSDAY, JUNE 4
The Mesa Republican Women will meet at 11:30 am, Thurs., June 4 to hear Mesa Mayor John Giles at a luncheon at 1900 E. University Drive, Suite 11, Mesa. Northwest corner of University Drive and Gilbert Road. Riviera Plaza shopping center. Lunch is $10 for members and $12 guest/visitors. $25 yearly membership. The Club meets the first Thursday of the month, except July/Aug. in 2015, at Must RSVP 5 days in advance. Contact: President Sherry Pierce email@example.com
· The Arizona American African Republican Committee (AAARC) will meet at 6:30 pm., Thurs., June 4 at AZGOP headquarters, 3501 N. 24th Street, Phx. Contact Chairman Rev. Clyde Bowen 602 274-5439 firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Colorado River Tea Party – Yuma will meet at 6 pm., June 4 at the Community Christian Church, 6480 E. Hwy 95, Yuma to hear Yuma County Sheriff Leon Wilmot. Contact: Chairman Sally Kizer 928-210-1219 email@example.com www.coloradoriverteaparty.org
· The Central Republican Women of Phoenix will meet at 6:15 pm., June 4 for dinner at the Hilton Garden Inn, 4000 N Central Ave., Phx to hear a debate on the merits of an Article V Convention between author Dustin Romney who supports the convention and author/Sen Andy Biggs, opponent. 5:30 pm – social. The group will elect elected to the AzFRW Biennial Convention scheduled in September. $22 per person. RSVP to Tina Shaw at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 623-934-9730 no later than Sun, May 31st. Tina needs to know if you are not attending as well. A reservation made is a reservation paid. Any cancellation must be received by Sunday, May 31st to avoid being charged. See flyer for details: June Meeting Flyer
· "Safe Havens: Gun Free Zones in America" will be shown at 6:30 pm., Thurs., June 4, at the Canyon Trails Cowboy Church, 3132 White Bear Rd., Sedona, AZ. A 45 minute documentary wll be followed by a panel of "experts" debating the gun issues as they relate to Arizona.
· The NE Maricopa County AZRA Chapter will meet at 6 pm., June 4 in the Via Linda Senior Center, 10440 E Via Linda, Scottsdale to hear Phoenix City Councilman Jim Waring address ‘Innovation and Efficiency Task Force of Phoenix, and Spark Smith, AZRA member, who will talk about the propose light rail extension in Phoenix aka as the biggest boondoggle in Arizona history.
· A Citizens For Fair Taxation Community Meeting is scheduled June 4 at 6 pm., June 4 at the Holiday Inn Casa Grande, 777 Grand Ave., Casa Grande to address the 45% tax increase that the Central Arizona College Board assessment CAC votes to raise tax rate by 45.4% for the college district. More information www.citizensforfairtaxation.com email@example.com
FRIDAY, JUNE 5
· A Commemorate Of The Battle Of Midway in June 1942 in the Pacific is scheduled at 11 am., Fri., June 5 at the Arizona Capitol Museum 1700 W Washington, Phx. This battle is considered the turning point in War in the Pacific. Rear Admiral Hugh Dennis Wisely, U.S. Navy Retired, who was a Naval aviator, Vietnam veteran, Blue Angels Air Boss, and the former captain of the USS John F. Kennedy aircraft carrier, will be the speaker. Seating is limited. Free admission. Information: Call 602-885-7038.
SATURDAY, JUNE 6
Timothy Lee, AZGOP Compliance Director, will conduct Treasurer’s Training between 10 am-2 pm, Sat., June 6 at AZGOP Headquarters, 3501 N 24th St., Phx. The session is open to all GOP LD Treasurer’s and County Chairmen. Contact Lee at (602) 449-1000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
LD17 Has Scheduled A Family Picnic for PCs and their families between 2-6 pm., June 6 at the home of Charles & Jennifer Hill, 413 W. Bentrup St., Chandler, AZ 85225. Participants are asked to bring a side dish or dessert to share. The rest will be provided. Contact: Chr Dr. Shadow Asgar LD17shadow@gmail.com
The Sun City West Republican Club will hold its Sat., June 6 meeting at the Sun City West Foundations building (Quail Room) 14465 R.H. Johnson Blvd., Sun City West Arizona. Doors open at 8am with coffee and donuts. Mtg at 8:30 am. Admission $2 to cover cost of room. Speaker Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery, a West Point Graduate, decorated Gulf War Veteran, former Deputy County.
· Comedian Brad Zinn Celebrates 40 Years In Show Business with a ‘World Class Variety Show’ to benefit Military Assistance Mission (MAM) at 7:30 pm, (5:30 pm social, 6:30 pm dinner) Sat., June 6 featuring at the Chaparral Suites in Scottsdale. Limited seating. Pat McMahon will serve as Master of Ceremonies to comedian Michael Finney , speed artist, Randall Hedden, The Taylor Family Circus (formerly with Ringling Brothers Barnum & Bailey Circus), ventriloquist Jerry Layne, Vaudeville Sand painter Ms. Bre and The Arizona Trio. Tickets:eventReg and no checks can be processed, despite what the Order page may say.
MONDAY JUNE 8
· Hwy 69 Republicans are urging veterans and their families to the 6 pm., Mon., June 8 meeting to talk with Veterans Outreach Specialist Mike Ables veterans information about veterans needs and benefits. The meeting is scheduled at Puerta Vallarta Restaurant, 11901 E. Hwy 69, Dewey AZ, 86327. Parking behind the building.
· The Yavapai Republican Men's Forum monthly luncheon is scheduled at 11:30 am., Mon., June 8 at St. Michael's Hotel Ballroom, 205 W. Gurley St., Prescott
· Speakers: LD 1 State Representatives. $18 per person. Reservations deadline June 4. RSVP: Bob Luzius (928) 717-2551 or email@example.com
· LD1 (Maricopa) will meet at 7 pm., June 8 at the Desert Hills Community Church, 34835 N. 7th St., Phx 85086 (7th Street/Carefree Hwy) to hear Congressman Paul Gosar address current issues. Contact Chr Cathy Schwanke http://ld1.arizonagop.us
TUESDAY JUNE 9
· Speaker Andy Biggs is scheduled at address the Sun Lakes Republican Club at 6:30 pm., June 9. Contact: Mike Tennant, firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Arizona Republicans Lawyers Association will host Chief Justice Bales of the Arizona Supreme Court At 11:45 am., Tues, June 9 At Snell & Wilmer, 400 E. Van Buren St. Phoenix, AZ 85004, CLE will be provided. Bales has served the Arizona Supreme Court since 2005. His impressive career includes a JD (Magna Cum Laude) And MA from Harvard, Clerkships in the 9th Circuit AND Supreme Court (For Justice Sandra Day O'Connor), and a term as Solicitor General For The State Of Arizona. $20 for members, $35 for non-members RSVP Azrepublicanlawyers@Gmail.Com.
· Criminal-Enterprise-A-Culture-Of-Corruption-Pervades-Joe-Arpaios-Office-Affecting-Everyone-In-Maricopa-County Stephen Lemon
Republican Legislative Candidate In South Dakota Faces 24 Years In Prison For Petition Signature Mistakes
· House Passes Gosar Amendments Supporting Veterans Treatment, Curbing Prescription Drug Abuse & Reducing Wasteful Spending
· CAIR Leader Ahmad Saleem Arrested In Major Florida Child Sex Trafficking Ring Bust, Sex With Children As Young As 10
· Az Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no Border News Watch
JUDGE JEANINE PIRRO
COMMON CORE/AGENDA 21
SECRETARY OF STATE/STATE DEPT