- ► July (26)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ▼ June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Wednesday, June 10, 2015
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
Tuesday June 9, 2015
· The Surprise Tea Party will conduct a Presidential Straw Poll at its 6:30 pm., July 7 in the SCW Foundation Blvd., 14465 R H Johnson Blvd., Sun City West
· Sen Kelli Ward has a conflict in scheduling and will not be appearing before the Chino Valley Pachyderm meeting on Thurs, June 18. A rescheduled date has not been announced. Contact Chairman Sue Goodchild email@example.com
· The East Valley Pro Life And The Knights of Columbus will host a seminar at 7 pm., Tues., June 16 featuring Fr. Andrew Kemberling on “Socialism, Christianity and The Crusades” and Dr. Zuihda Zasser at the Chandler Knights of Columbus Hall, 644 E Chandler Blvd., Chandler. Free admission.
· On The Day After The "Dead Broke" Interview, The Clinton's Earned $700,000 From Three Speeches. "Most of the events were in the first half of the year. On June 9, at the outset of her tour for her book 'Hard Choices,' Clinton's now-famous comment about being 'dead broke' on leaving the White House aired during an ABC News interview. By that point, the two had already made over $11 million in speaking fees for the year. The day after the comment became public, the couple gave three speeches, grossing $700,000 in fees." (Phillip Bump, "The Clintons Made $700,000 From Speeches The Day After Hillary's 'Dead Broke' Comments," The Washington Post, 5/22/15)
· Congressman Trent Franks: Upon reviewing the decision handed down yesterday by the Supreme Court in the case of Zivotofsky v. Kerry, co-Chair of the Israel Allies Caucus, Representative Trent Franks, issued the following statement: "The sad and unfortunate truth is that this President has done all he can to diminish the standing of Israel since he walked into office. This Administration, ever willing to bend over backwards in nuclear talks with the Iranian regime, is sending mixed and extremely dangerous messages to the rest of the world about our relationship with Israel. The President refuses to reflect the unified American voice that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel.
"Congress has been placed in the very uncomfortable position of having to confirm to the world who our allies are, since this President refuses to do so himself. When I introduced the Recognition of Jerusalem as the Capital of the State of Israel Act, my goal was to hold the President to his own words that, "Jerusalem will remain the capital of Israel, and it must remain undivided." The President has made a habit of misleading the American people and his support of an undivided Jerusalem is no different.
"One of the most important ways America can send a strong signal to the world that there is no space between us and Israel is to transfer our Embassy to an existing consulate in Jerusalem. Let the President once and for all make it clear that the United States officially and unequivocally recognizes Jerusalem as the undivided capital city of the state of Israel.
"Officially recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel is not solely an act of Executive power, it is the noble act of courage and justice that comports who we are as Americans. We have assisted the Jewish people in restoring their ancient state. We must now act and recognize her restored ancient city, Jerusalem."
· Hoping To ‘Retire’ McCain Candidates:
ü U.S. Senate Exploratory Candidate Kelli Ward can be scheduled for an appearance at firstname.lastname@example.org
ü U.S. Senate Candidate Alexander Meluskey can be scheduled for an appearance at email@example.com or call 480-659-2410
ü U.S. Senate Candidate Clair Van Steenwyk can be scheduled for an appearance at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 623-322-9979.
· Congressman Paul A. Gosar released the following statement after his amendment preventing the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) from implementing the Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing (AFFH) regulation passed the House by a vote of 229-193 and was attached to the Transportation, Housing and Urban Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act for Fiscal Year 2016: “As the president reaches the end of his second term, he has made it clear that his top priorities during his waning days are furthering his far-left political agenda by forcing big government programs on the American people. His new AFFH regulation is one of the most far-reaching attempts yet to punish communities that don’t submit to the president’s liberal ideology. American citizens and communities should be free to choose where they would like to live and not be subject to federal neighborhood engineering at the behest of an overreaching federal government. Furthermore, HUD officials shouldn’t be holding hostage grant monies aimed at community improvement based on its unrealistic utopian ideas of what every community should resemble. Local zoning decisions have traditionally been, and should always be, made by local communities, not bureaucrats in Washington DC. I am extremely pleased to see the House put a stop to this attempt by the Obama Administration to control a fundamental aspect of the American dream.”
· “Hillary Clinton Continues To Opt for staged photo-ops and campaign events instead of addressing serious questions about her secret email server, accepting donations from foreign governments and the many scandals plaguing her campaign," Republican National Committee spokesman Fred Brown Brown said. “People are are tiring of Clinton ‘ducking questions.’” hillary-clinton-plans-campaign-stop-in-sioux-city
· Congresswoman Martha McSally today released the following statement after Davis-Monthan Air Force Base (DM) announced its economic impact on the surrounding community was $973,972,822 in Fiscal Year (FY) 2014, an increase of over $945,000. “Today’s announcement reaffirms just how critical Davis-Monthan is to our community and Southern Arizona families,” said Rep. McSally. “But it is also an indispensable asset to our national security – which is why I’ve fought hard to protect our base and the missions we have here, such as the A-10 and EC-130H.” Davis-Monthan Air Force Base located in the Second District houses over 80 A-10 Warthogs and 15 EC-130H Compass Call aircraft. The Administration announced earlier this year plans to begin divestment of our entire A-10 fleet and 7 of the 15 EC-130H at DM.
McSally has led bipartisan efforts to protect both these platforms next year. During mark up for the FY2016 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), she offered amendments to fully protect the A-10 and EC-103H and staunchly fought back efforts to retire 164 A-10s next year. Both her amendments passed the committee and were included in final NDAA legislation that passed the House 269-151 on May 15, 2015.
The Arizona Daily Star published McSally’s op-ed piece outlining a four-pronged strategy to keep Davis-Monthan viable in the long-term. See HERE.
· Sen John McCain on the passing of Bahe Ketchum, a member of the Navajo Code Talkers, an elite group of Native Americans who assisted American commanders during World War II by using their language skills to develop and transmit coded messages: “I join the entire state of Arizona in mourning the loss of Bahe Ketchum, a member of the legendary Navajo Code Talkers whose bravery, tenacity and resourcefulness saved the lives of countless men and women. Using their unique language skills, Bahe and his fellow Code Talkers devised the only allied code that the enemy was never able to decipher and played a critical role in speeding up our decisive victory over tyranny and oppression. We will forever honor Bahe’s remarkable service and sacrifice for the cause of American freedom.
· When They Left The White House, Hillary Clinton Had Signed An $8 Million Book Deal And The Couple Had Purchased Two Homes For Nearly $5 Million . "It is technically true that Clinton was broke when she came out of the White House. The Clintons had no cushion from a previous lucrative life in the private sector, and they had mountains of legal bills from their court fights. But the Clintons were not unlike the couple with the winning Powerball ticket: broke at the moment but with the promise of significant riches ahead. Clinton had signed an $8 million book deal (for her previous book). Before leaving the White House they bought a $3 million Washington home and a nearly $2 million home in Chappaqua, New York." (John Dickerson, "Does Hillary Clinton Feel Your Pain?" Slate , 6/10/14)
· Former County Chairman Lyle Tuttle has been elected the founding President of the Northwest Maricopa Chapter of the Arizona Republican Assembly. The Chapter meets the second Saturday morning of the month starting in in July. Contact Tuttle at L.email@example.com
· To Sign Former Sen Russell Pearce’s “Protect Arizona Now” petition go to www.russellpearce.com (far right sign of page, scroll)
· Wes Gullett Has Only Three More Days to reach his fundraising goal for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. He start the fundraising campaign to honor his mom who lost her battle with lymphoma five years ago. Contact: Gullett at www.wesgullett.com/lls
· S/W Prostate Cancer Foundation’s “Family Health” radio talk show will address Men’s Hernia and cataracts at 10 am., Thurs., June 11 with panelists Susan Ciardullo, Claudia Martinex, Dr. Adriana Perez, Dr. Monica Ennis, Regina Ponder and Fred Taylor, executive director of SWPCF. Radio Station – KXXT 1010 AM Online –www.familyvaluesradio1010.com Call-in 602.977-1010 www.swprostatecancer.com
· Heroes to Hometowns is conducting a 5-Ton Food/Donation Drive for Wounded Veterans and their families between 8am and noon, Fri., July 31 at four Fry’s Grocery Store locations:
ü 18420 N. 19th Ave., Phoenix (19th Ave and Union Hills)
ü 155 W. Combs Rd., Queen Creek (Gantzel and Combs)
ü 4815 E. Carefree Hwy, Cave Creek (48th Street and Carefree Hwy)
ü 5941 E. McKellips Rd., Mesa (McKellips and Recker Rd).
Or make a donation at www.AZHeroestoHometowns.org Contact: Kathy Pearce at 480-330-1632 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· Supt of Public Instruction Diane Douglas will tour statewide for the next couple of weeks to hear residents opinions and concerns on all K-12 education issues. The “We Are Listening” tour will make 14 visits through the end of June. Public comments can also be submitted via email at HearingEveryVoice@azed.gov, online at www.azed.gov/HearingEveryVoice, or via the @azedschools Twitter account using #HearingEveryVoice. See schedule:
ü Thurs, June 11 – 4 pm, Prescott High School, Prescott
ü Sat., June 13 – 9 am, Flagstaff, tba
ü Thurs., June 18 – 5 pm, Navajo Nation Council Chambers, Window Rock
ü Sat., June 20 – 9 am, Round Valley Dome, Springerville.
· Pima County Republican Women will meet at 5:30 pm. Thurs., June 25 at La Paloma Country Club, (not the resort) 3660 E Sunrise Dr., Tucson, contact Wendy Reuter at 548-1323. .Contact: email@example.com (520) 321-1492.
· Pima County Republicans will be hosting a free breakfast with AZGOP Robert Graham at 8 am, Sat., July 4 in Reid Park, Ramada 3, 22nd St. and Country Club Tucson, AZ 85716. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (520) 321-1492.
· 79 Members Of Congress Have Been In Office For At Least 20 Years John McCain has been in office since. Jan. 6, 1987. That’s nearly 30 years of campaign rhetoric on the home front while he goes back to DC and votes with the Dems.
· Call The White House 202-456-1111 Comments. Switchboard: 202-456-1414. Contact Senate https://www.senate.gov/ or Representatives http://www.house.gov/ Let them know how you feel. Hold their feet to the fire. They wanted these positions so badly, hold them accountable. Arizona delegation phone numbers:
CALENDAR OF EVENTS .
THURSDAY JUNE 11
· The Northwest Conservatives present state Sen Kelly Ward at Oro Valley library at 6 pm June 11.
SATURDAY JUNE 13
· The Paradise Republican Women will meet with the Scottsdale City Council Suzanne Klapp, Virginia Korte, Kathy Littlefield, Guy Phillips, Linda Milhaven and David Smith to discuss Scottsdale issues on June 13 at the Gainey Golf Club, 7600 E. Gainey Golf Club Drive, Scottsdale, AZ 85258. 10:30 am social. RSVP by June 11. www.prwc.org$30 per plate. AzFRW President Mary Williams, NFRW Convention Co-Chairs Mary Baumbach and Margo Treece will talk about what the upcoming National Convention in Phx.
For Free Tickets To The ASU West Campus hosted 9:30 am., June 13 Philippine Independence Day event click here Event to be held at 47th Avenue and Thunderbird. See www.PIDCAZ.com
· LD9 will meet at 9 am., Sat., June 13 at the LaPaloma Urgent Care Center, 4001 E Sunrise Dr., Tucson to hear Bill Hunt, Kelly Lawton, Vince Leach and Juan Ciscomani. . Contact: email@example.com (520) 321-1492.
SUNDAY JUNE 14
· LD27: ‘Patrick Henry’ and Brad Zinn will be featured between 11am-4 pm, June 14 ‘Patriots in the Park ’ event at La Pardo Park, 19th Ave and Vineyard in South Phoenix. Details tba, according to Chairman Ron Harder. Contact www.arizonansagainstcommoncore.com for the latest on Arizonans Against Common Core.
TUESDAY JUNE 16
· LD10 will meet at 5:30 pm, Tues., June 16 at the Elks Lodge #2532, 615 S Pantano. Mtg at 5:30 pm. Light meals and beverages are available. The speakers will address “Taxpayers Against Pima Bonds. www.pimabondfacts.com/
WEDNESDAY JUNE 17
· The Tucson East Side Republicans will meet at 6:30 pm, Wed., June 17 at the Golf Links Library Community Room, 9640 E Gold Links to hear LD2 Rep Christ Ackerley. Contact Parralee Schneider firstname.lastname@example.org
· Palo Verde Republican Women will meet June 17 at Grayhawk Golf Club, 8620 East Thompson Peak Parkway, Scottsdale. Social 11am, Program/Lunch 11:30am. Lunch is $25. Nick Dranias, President and Executive Director of Contract for America Educational Foundation, Inc., will discuss the proposed Convention of States as a way to restore checks and balances to an overreaching federal government. RSVP to Edith Stock, email@example.com or call 480-298-7818.
Verde Valley Republican Women's Monthly Luncheon meet and greet is scheduled at 11 am., followed by the 11:30 am meeting/luncheon June 17 at the Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa, 2250 Hwy 89A, Sedona, AZ. $17 per person. Speaker: Secretary of State Michele Reagan. RSVP: Erna Sesek (928) 284-4248 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· Tea Party Patriots Are Planning To Hold Rallies at local congressional offices across the country at noon, June 17 in support of the Vitter Bill – which stops congressional exemption from Obamacare. They want Congress to live by the same rules they impose on the citizenry. See petition calling for Congress to pass the Vitter Bill; call your Representative and Senators
· The Colorado River Tea Party – Yuma will meet at 6 pm., Thurs., June 18 at the Community ChristianChurch, 6480 E Hwy 95, Yuma. Contact: Chr Sally Kizer email@example.com 928-210-1219 www.coloradoriverteaparty.org Future meetings are scheduled July 2 and July 16.
THURSDAY JUNE 18
· LD25 will meet at 7 pm, June 18 (3rd Thru) at 640 N Mesa Drive Mesa, AZ. Doors open at 6:45 pm. Speaker: tba. Contact: 1VC Haydee Dawson firstname.lastname@example.org
FRIDAY JUNE 19
· Las Fuentes Village Forum is scheduled from 2:30-4 pm., Fri., June 19 at 1035 Scott Dr. Prescott, AZ.Speakers: Prescott Mayoral Candidates Dan Fraijo and Harry Oberg. After the forum, a Prescott employee will explain the 3 Referendums on the ballot. Contact: Jacquie Auwarter (928 )776-7453
SATURDAY JUNE 20
· LD2 will meet at 10 am, Sat., June 20 at a yet to be disclosed location. Contact: email@example.com (520) 321-1492.
· LD3 plans to meet at 9 am, Sat., June 20 at the Golden Corral 6385 S Midvale Park Rd, Tucson, AZ 85746. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (520) 321-1492.
· Must Be Present To Win. Contact: President Jessica Merrow (480) 306-2545 email@example.com
The Fountain Hills Republican Club will meet at 9 am., Sat., June 20 at the Fountain Hills Community Center, 13001 N La Montana Drive, Fountain Hills, AZ 85268. 8:30 am social. Speakers: Jon Riches from the Goldwater Institute. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Moral Action Ministry of North Scottsdale Christian Presents “Ancient Christians in Despair” between 9:45 am-12:30pm., Sat., June 20 featuring
ü Mona K Oshana discussing “What's Happening In The Middle East Today!”
ü Sam Darmo--How Did We Get Here? (1840-1940, Iraq, Lebanon, Iran and Turkey).
Donations Welcome-Organizations promote your cause-tables for free. The event will be held at the North Scottsdale Christian Church, 28700 N. Pima Road, Scottsdale, AZ. 85266. Contact: email@example.com or 602-818-8838.
MONDAY JUNE 22
LD20 Will Meet And Greet At 6:30 Pm., June 22 at the Washington School District Offices, 4650 W Sweetwater, Glendale, followed with a 7 pm. meeting. There will be no July meeting. The group will resume meeting on its regular scheduled Aug 3. Contact: Chr Ray Malnar, firstname.lastname@example.org.
TUESDAY JUNE 23
· Republican Women of Prescott will meet at 11:30 am., Tues., June 23 at the
Prescott Resort, 1500 E. Hwy. 69, Prescott, AZ to hear Mark Spencer of Judicial Watch. $20 per person. RSVP: Elsie Tyree email@example.com, (928-778-0235 or Pam Calhoon firstname.lastname@example.org (928) 778-7157.
· The Fountain Hills Republican Club's GOP Socials are the 4th Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m. at various locations. These are social events, no speeches, no reservations. Everyone is invited. The June 23 Social will be at Sapori D'Italia, 11865 N Saguaro Blvd, Fountain Hills, AZ 85268 FHRepublican@gmail.com
WEDNESDAY JUNE 24
· Pima County Republicans are sponsoring an organizational meeting of “iConnectAmerica - Taking Back Our Republic, One Neighborhood At A Time” meeting at 6 pm., June 24 for a no host dinner at the Cow Palace, 28802 S Nogales Hwy, Amado, AZ 85645 . Contact: Yale Wishnick, Pima County First Vice Chair 520- 398-8000 email@example.com
THURSDAY JUNE 25
· U.S. Patent Trademark Office (USPTO) Managing Attorney Craig Morris is appearing in Phoenix 3 p.m., June 25, at the Polly Rosenbaum Archives Building to talk about trademark basics. Free admission. Limited seating. www.azlibrary.gov/events. For more information, contact the State Library of Arizona at firstname.lastname@example.org or 602-926-3870.
SATURDAY JUNE 27
· The Tempe Republican Women Luncheon with Gov. Doug Ducey has been rescheduled to 11 am, June 27 at the Tempe Sheraton, 1600 S 52nd St., Tempe. Guest admission is $50, which includes a plated lunch and a Free membership to Tempe Republican Women. RSVP:june-13th-2015-luncheon-wdoug-ducey AzGuns of Chandler has donated a gun to be raffled at the luncheon. Raffle tickets $5 each.
MONDAY JUNE 29
· The Lincoln Republican Women’s Club will meet Mon, June 29 with Congressman David Schweikert to hear him address “Making Cents out of Politics” at the New McCormick/”Millennium” Resort, Scottsdale-McCormick Ranch, 7401 North Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85253-3548 (Between E. Cheney and E. McCormick Rds on the East side of Scottsdale Road). Spouses invited 5:30 pm – meet and greet, 6 pm – business meeting, 6:20 pm – dinner and 6:45 pm program. $35 per person. Reservations required by June 25 to Judy Eisenhower, email@example.com
· Sinking-Mccain-Support-Fuels-Push-To-Oust-Entrenched-Senator Senate Conservatives Fund: ‘John McCain Is In Real Trouble’
· Reps. Gosar, Thompson, Heck, Polis, Franks & Ruiz Introduce Bipartisan Legislation Unleashing Renewable Energy Potential On Public Lands
· Rep. Gosar Blocks $500 Million Obama Wanted For New, Wasteful Grant Program, Keeps Money In Highway Trust Fund
· Franks: Bill Introduced To Support Families Of Fallen Soldiers Serving Humanitarian And Disaster Relief Efforts
· Salmon: Bill Introduced To Support Families Of Fallen Soldiers Serving Humanitarian And Disaster Relief Efforts
· Phoenix-Physician-Dies-Fatal-Crash Renowned Child-Cancer Expert
· Leftist Lunacy:CA Boosts Illegals’ Healthcare, Wages… And Even Tackles Global Warming
· Patriot-Act-Reauthorization-Passed Flake Yes, McCain No
· World’s Leading Islamic University Al Azhar Distributing Free Book Dedicated To Discrediting Christianity, The “Failed Religion”
· AZGOP financial reports filed/ AZ Sec of State azsos.gov/cfs/FilerDetail
· FEC Filing Updated/Current AZGOP Financials Info CandidateCommitteeDetail.do?canId
· Az Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no Border News Watch
LAW AND ORDER
JUDGE JEANINE PIRRO
· Mark Steyn Reveals Hillary Clinton Limo Incident That’s Far Worse Than Marco Rubio’s Driving Record
· 60-Faculty-Urge-Keep-Mural-Honoring-Cop-Killer College Pushes To Honor Terrorist Who Executed Wounded Cop