- ► February (20)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ▼ June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser:
Friday, June 26
Every once in a while, somebody has to get the bureaucracy by the neck and shake it loose and say "stop doing what you're doing." - Ronald Reagan 5/31/1988
· Brant Eaton Could Use Between 20-40 Volunteers to help on his Eagle Scout project – cleaning headstones of fallen military at the Veterans Memorial Cemetery starting at 6 am., Sat., June 27 at the cemetery, 23029 N. Cave Creek Road, Phx. Please bring a broom. Snacks and cleaning materials will be provided. RSVP 480-473-9418.
· Republican National Committee (RNC) Chairman Reince Priebus response to the Supreme Court's ruling on marriage: “The Supreme Court failed to recognize the states’ constitutional role in setting marriage policy, instead finding a federal role where there is none. In doing so, they have taken power away from the states and from the people to settle the relevant issues for themselves. Even though the Supreme Court has spoken with finality, there remains a diversity of opinions about marriage policy—from those celebrating today’s ruling to those concerned about the constitutional balance of power.
“As a Party, we believe in the importance of traditional marriage between a man and a woman and remain committed to finding common ground to champion the family’s role in society. Marriage is critically important to strengthening our country and our communities. Likewise, we will remain champions of religious liberty. Today’s ruling cannot and must not be used to coerce a church or religious institution into performing marriages that their faith does not recognize. We should respect the sincerely held religious views of our fellow citizens, just as we respect those on the winning side of this case.”
· This Morning Chairman Robert Graham of the Arizona Republican Party commented on the 5-4 decision by the United States Supreme Court in Obergefell v. Hodges upholding same-sex marriage. “The Republican Party in Arizona has long supported traditional marriage and the opinion of the majority on the Court is disappointing,” said Graham. “Going forward, we remain vigilant in our efforts to protect the constitutional rights of conscience and religious freedom."
· PC Barbara Medal: Robert Graham is so way off the mark on the Republican Party’s modus operandi. His commenting on how the voters elected Republicans to repair the damage to our health care system. Really??? The fact that the house and senate have aligned with the Democrats and have delivered so many victories to the Obama administration by betrayal of the people on most every crucial vote.
Lest we forget that our Arizona delegation (except for Paul Gosar) voted for Boehner who consistently delivers the support to Obama’s every impulse by bully tactics and threats. Both the house and senate, supposedly in the majority of our ‘dear’ Party, has betrayed us at every turn with being more concerned with which committees they would serve on than the will of the voters who put them in office and the good of the nation. We have been had and continue to be had.
Chairman Graham’s unbridled excitement at leading our Party to its demise is a fact that we must address. The painful truth in that the body that elected (or not,) Chairman Graham, was intentionally shut out from attending the state meeting. Then there is the fact that our overwhelming majority’s mandate TO CLOSE THE PRIMARIES has been met with doublespeak, misinformation and deviousness.
The time has come to replace Robert Graham! Fellow patriots, pcs, and state committeemen, the time has come to hold accountable those that we put in office, it is our duty, they work for us not the other way around. And if we allow ourselves to be compromised and remain complacent by not rectifying the error of so many who chose to suffer the consequences of their poor voting choice, it will destroy the GOP. Let the process begin as we consider those that have already said they will stand up and fight and are willing to take him on and others that may also decide step up.
· Congrats to Constantin Querard on picking up the Best of Capitol Times Political Consultant Award.
· And Congrats to LD5 Sen Kelli Ward who has received the Capital Times Best Political Rising Star (female).
· LD22 PC Tom Platt: The Republican Party has been quiet on the passing of the TPA. While the media distracted many this week with the confederate flag issue, congress passed the Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) bill as amended (H.R. 2146) giving the President “fast track” trade authority. Congress gave away the Senate’s constitutional authority to amend treaties, moving the government’s authority (the President) one step closer to tyranny. Aside from “free trade”, the argument congress will use is that the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) agreement and future treaties will require 150 congressional mandates to be included in the treaty(s) for them to approve the treaty (the Senate’s new authority will only be an up or down vote). But why do you have to pass a bill with these requirements? Why not just tell the President that the Senate will not approve a treaty without these requirements? Why give up control and authority? Something does not smell right. Unfortunately, Representatives Trent Franks, David Schweikert, Matt Salmon and Martha McSally as well as Senators John McCain and Jeff Flake all voted in favor of giving up the Senate’s control and authority when negotiating treaties (only the Senate could amend treaties, not the house). Rep. Paul Gosar was a “no vote” on the final vote although it is my understanding he was against the bill. It is my prediction that the TPP trade agreement will not be good for the USA and it will be used to usurp our laws, attempt to restrict or do away with the 2nd Amendment and other important issues to America.
· LD20 State Committeeman Marianne Ferrari to Joseph Hobbs: I read your note to Briefs with great empathy, because the same feelings keep washing over me. But at the same instant, I realized that our opponents are deliberately trying to MAKE us feel that way. Notice what a flurry of defeats our side has experienced, in recent days. I suspect this is not an accident of fate, but a scenario expressly planned to demoralize large numbers of true conservatives — especially conservatives like so many of us who share your heightened sense of urgency, concern -- and real agony -- about the state of the nation and our way of life.
I am not giving up, and you shouldn’t, either. Three simple truths in which I place great trust make it impossible for me to give up: 1) The fact that our opponents are sparing no effort to get us off the playing field proves that they fear the strength of our movement. 2) Likewise, they are even more afraid of the American people, or they wouldn’t work so hard to keep them uninformed. They know the American people can defeat them, if sufficiently aroused. 3) Winning and losing are flip sides of the same coin. In every kind of struggle, moments of opportunity always arise where the coin can be flipped by the smallest change in tactics or perspective.
I know you as an exemplary man, and a patriot, Mr. Hobbs. This is not the time for America to lose the benefit of your intellect and your vigor. Now, more than ever, I’m convinced, we are approaching a moment of opportunity when that coin can be flipped. All people of conscience and capability must be there when the opportunity comes. -- Marianne Ferrari,State Committeeman LD 20, Arizona Republican Assembly
· The Arizona Republican Assembly (AzRA) Independence Day Celebration, along with their organizational meeting, is scheduled at 6 pm, June 27 at the Mesa Fire Department Community Room, 360 East 1st Street., Mesa (NW corner of Mesa Drive/2st St.). AzRA will provide hot dogs/drinks. Participants are asked to bring a side dish/snack. AzRA will provide the Hot Dogs & Drinks – you bring your favorite side. Contact: Jan Hibbard firstname.lastname@example.org Cell: 480-580-7103.
· Sen Frank Antenori will address the 2 pm., Sat., June 27 FRAG meeting regarding the US Supreme Court Rulings on ObamaCare and Redistricting at the Murphy Wilmot Public Library, 530 N. Wilmot Rd.,Tucson, 85710 More Information
· The Pima County Republican Club will head Inside Track host Emil Franzi at 11:30 am, Tues, June 30 at the Sabar Center, 340 S Tucson Blvd. Frankzi is on AM1030 Saturdays. email@example.com
· Congresswoman Martha MCSally’s Open House is scheduled at 4:30 pm., Tues., June 30 at 4400 E Broadway, 5th flr, Tucson. More Information
· Bob Richards: Exposing Anti-Discrimination Ordinance: The rhetoric and philosophy of PC minded types has now entered the chambers of the Glendale City Council. Deliberations calling for citizen input concerning a proposed Anti-Discrimination Ordinance which is nothing more than a camouflaged attempt by GLBT types for special privileges over others is now being solicited by Council Members.
The 1st Amendment establishes all rights equally and without respect to any particular group. Therefore any attempt to segregate or impose Anti-Discrimination Ordinances upon citizens is unnecessary, redundant, and unconstitutional.Succinctly stated the First Amendment declares "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech or of the press”.
I urge City Council Members to abide by the oath of office they took when sworn into office as elected public servants i.e. Uphold the Constitution of the United States and give up social engineering practices as a matter of governance. The City's Human Resources Policy & Procedures Manual about Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, & Workplace Harassment has been in place since 2000 & before to govern in house policies. Don't encroach upon citizens rights guaranteed by the 1st Amendment. Give up identity politics. By Bob Richards Glendale, AZ 85308 (623) 572-8630 6/26/15
· Arizona Project will meet at 6:30 pm., Mon June 29 at 3375 E Shea Blvd, Phx. to hear Horse Rhythm Founder Sahika Riley, physician assistant who is a nine-and-a-half year Veteran of the United States Air Force. She served overseas during Desert Storm as a Communication/Navigation system specialist for the A-10 aircraft. The second half of her military career as was spent as a Physician Assistant in Family Medicine and Internal Medicine where she was the Officer in Charge for Surgical Case reviews and the Assistant Director for the Acute Care Clinic. She is a disabled Veteran and has a compassion for those serving, to utilize Equine Assisted Services for those veterans in need. She supports the research and has seen firsthand the healing affect that horses have on people. It was her horses that kept her ”connected” after serving and it was Equine Assisted Psychotherapy that carried her through her mental challenges after battling Cancer. The second speaker will be Vietnam combat veteran Mark Del Maestro’s 'Liberty Through Action. ' Contact: Chr Ron Ludders, 602-677-1496
· The Free AZGOP Breakfast with Robert Graham is scheduled at 8 am., Sat., July 4 at Redi Park, Ramada 3, at 22nd St and Country Club, Tucson, AZ 85716. firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Pima County Republican City Candidate Meet and Greet Ice Cream Social is scheduled at 5:30 pm., Wed., July 8 at the Elks Lodge #2532, 615 S Pantano, Tucson. Speakers – candidates Margaret Burkholder, Bill Hunt and Kelly Lawton. email@example.com
· Tucson and Pima County Budgets will be reviewed at 6 pm, Thurs., July 9 at Miller-Golf Links Public Library, 9640 E Golf Links Rd, Tucson, AZ 85730. firstname.lastname@example.org
· LD2 Passed A Resolution Supporting closing the Republican primary during it’s Sat., June 20 meeting.
· The Sun City West Republican Club will not meet in July and August. Meetings will resume the first Saturday of September. Contact: email@example.com 602-218-5344 602-421-8877
· The Arizona American African Republican Committee is taking a summer break for the first time in 20 years. We will not meet in July or August. We are excited to be coming back in September, with more commitment than ever. – AAARC Chairman Rev Clyde Bowen 602 274 5439, FB firstname.lastname@example.org
· Call The White House 202-456-1111 Comments. Switchboard: 202-456-1414. Contact Senate https://www.senate.gov/ or Representatives http://www.house.gov/ Let them know how you feel. Hold their feet to the fire. They wanted these positions so badly, hold them accountable. Arizona delegation phone numbers:
CALENDAR OF EVENTS .
SATURDAY JUNE 27
· A Re-Election Reception For Congressman Paul Gosar is scheduled between 3-5 pm., Sat., June 27 at the Double Tree by Hilton, 1175 W Route 66, Flagstaff, AZ 86001. RSVP: Leslie.R.Foti@gmail.com Contribution: $200 suggested ($5,200 per person maximum for Congressional elections). Checks payble to Paul Gosar for Congress, PO Box 2967, Prescott, AZ 86302.
· The Tempe Republican Women Luncheon with Gov. Doug Ducey has been rescheduled to 11 am, June 27 at the Tempe Sheraton, 1600 S 52nd St., Tempe. Guest admission is $50, which includes a plated lunch and a Free membership to Tempe Republican Women. RSVP:june-13th-2015-luncheon-wdoug-ducey AzGuns of Chandler has donated a gun to be raffled at the luncheon. Raffle tickets $5 each.
MONDAY JUNE 29
· The Lincoln Republican Women’s Club will meet Mon, June 29 with Congressman David Schweikert to hear him address “Making Cents out of Politics” at the New McCormick/”Millennium” Resort, Scottsdale-McCormick Ranch, 7401 North Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85253-3548 (Between E. Cheney and E. McCormick Rds on the East side of Scottsdale Road). Spouses invited 5:30 pm – meet and greet, 6 pm – business meeting, 6:20 pm – dinner and 6:45 pm program. $35 per person. Reservations required by June 25 to Judy Eisenhower, email@example.com
· The Lincoln Republican Women’s Club will host Congressman David Schweikert as he gives a congressional update at 6 pm. dinner meeting, Mon. , June 29 at the New McCormick ‘Millennium’ Resort, Scottsdale-McCormick Ranch, 7401 N Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale, AZ. Spouses invited. $35 per person. Reservations required by June 25. Contact: Judy Eisenhower, 480-941-8162 firstname.lastname@example.org
· LD17 Will Meet at 7 pm, June 30 to discuss existing county bylaws and make recommendations for the county committee to considering reviewing the current county bylaws. Speaker for the meeting will be State Sen President Andy Biggs. LD17 will not meet in July, Meetings will resume Aug 25. Meeting locations: Tri-City Baptist Church Seminary Bldg, 2211 W Germann Road, Chandler, AZ 85286.
· LD17 Will Meet at 7 pm, Tues., June 30 at the Tri-City Baptist Church Seminary Building, (south side of parking lot), 2211 W. Germann Road, Chandler, AZ 85286 to hear Senate President Andy Biggs address “The Con of the Con Con” – The Case Against the States Amending the U.S. Constitution.
THURSDAY, JULY 2
· The Colorado River Tea Party – Yuma will feature LD13 Rep Darin Mitchell at 6 pm., Thurs., July 2 in the Community Chritian Church,6480 E Hwy 95, Yuma. Contact: Chr Sally Kizer email@example.com 928-210-1219 www.coloradoriverteaparty.org
· The Prescott Rodeo Parade is scheduled at 9 am., Sat., July 4.
· Pima County Republicans will be hosting a free breakfast with AZGOP Robert Graham at 8 am, Sat., July 4 in Reid Park, Ramada 3, 22nd St. and Country Club Tucson, AZ 85716. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (520) 321-1492.
CONGRESSIONAL THIS WEEK
· Trent Franks: Committee Passage of EMP Legislation is Decisive Step
· Obamacare Upheld: Justice Scalia Redubs It Scotuscare Supreme Court Takes Massive Swipe At Freedom
· Extremists Incrementally Transforming America “We Need To Put The American Flag Down”
- Gilbert Wellness & Resources Center Proposal - One Resident's Opinion. By Christine Accurso.
- God Bless America Musical Tribute in Gilbert: June 28.
REPUBLICAN PARTY OF MARICOPA COUNTY
· Az Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no Border News Watch