- ► May (22)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ▼ July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
Friday, July 17, 2015
· Please go to http://archives.mcrcbriefs.org/ to see the 7-9-15, 7-12-15 and 7-15 15 Briefs that were posted. It appears the notificiations didn’t go out. I just returned from the Midwest and see that notification e-mails I forwarded did not go out, so I’ll be playing catch up for the next couple of days.
· Five years ago I was sitting in the park of the little town in southwest Iowa where Duane and I went to high school when a gentleman approached me saying he had heard that I was writing a history/memory book of the little town. I told him I was toying with the idea. The next evening, before a crowd of over 200 people, he announced that I was writing a memory book for the school alumni and that it would be ready for the 2015 all-school reunion. I about fell off my chair, as I was just toying with the idea. At any rate, the 155 page memory book with over 250 photos of the history of the town and the school was presented to the alumni at an all-school reunion held last Friday and Saturday. The book sold out by Saturday, reprints are being ordered, and a second edition for the 2020 reunion is already underway. – Editor Frosty Taylor
· MCRC Chairman Tyler Bowyer: Arizona Congressional Democrats have received a combined nearly $50,000 in political contributions from Planned Parenthood over the last four election cycles. The Republican Party of Maricopa County is demanding that Democrats Ann Kirkpatrick, Kyrsten Sinema, Raul Grijalva and Ruben Gallego immediately return all campaign contributions received from Planned Parenthood during their tenure in the U.S. House of Representatives. Democrat politicians have been the near sole beneficiaries of political contributions from Planned Parenthood’s profiteering off the murder of innocent children by abortion. According to Center for Responsive Politics and Federal Elections Commission data released on March 9, 2015, Democrats received 99.995% of the political contributions made by Planned Parenthood in the 2014 election cycle, including more than $30,000 to Arizona congressional Democrats running for re-election.
"It is reprehensible that Kirkpatrick, Sinema, Grijalva and Gallego would accept political contributions from an organization that murders a third of a million babies each year and targets black and Hispanic populations disproportionately by placing nearly 80% of their clinics within these minority neighborhoods," said Bowyer. Arizona congressmen and women must hold themselves to a higher standard, which is why the Republican Party of Maricopa County, representing more than 710,000 Arizona voters, is demanding that Arizona congressional Democrats return every penny received from Planned Parenthood during their tenure in office. Approximate Planned Parenthood contributions below.
ü Congresswoman & U.S. Senate Candidate Ann Kirkpatrick: $22,500 (2008-2014)
ü Congresswoman Kyrsten Sinema: $14,999 (2012-2014)
ü Congressman Raul Grijalva: $3,000 (2010-2014)
ü Congressman Ruben Gallego: $5,000 (2014)
· The Arizona Game and Fish Department will hold a life jacket exchange event from 10 a.m. to noon, Sun, July 19 at Saguaro Lake. Boaters with tattered and worn ski-vest type III life jackets can exchange them for new ones at the lake. By swapping old life jackets, AZGFD is working to ensure our boaters have a fund and safe time on the state’s waterways. “Summer time is one of the best times of the year to get outdoors and have some fun on the water,” said Josh Hoffman, Arizona Game and Fish Boating Safety Education coordinator. “However, many of our boaters are heading out with life jackets that are no longer fully effective. Having a new life jacket is one of the simplest ways a boater can protect themselves. This is why Arizona law requires that we have a serviceable life jacket for everyone on board.” Drowning was the reported cause of death in 78 percent of the 610 recreational boating fatalities in 2014 nationwide, according to the U.S. Coast Guard. Of those incidents, 84 percent of those who drowned were not wearing life jackets. Safety course, visit www.azgfd.gov/boating.
· Congressman Matt Salmon will add ress the 7 pm., July 20 Freedom Fires at East Valley High School, 7420 E. Main St., Mesa, AZ 85207. $2.50 per person (Under 18 free)
· Gov Doug Ducey next week will head to Aspen, CO for the quarterly meeting of the Republican Governors' Association and White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia for the National Governors' Association summer meeting. Ducey will join other governors from across the country to discuss the economy, innovation, economic development, homeland security and other topics affecting Arizona and the United States. "Over the past six months, we've been working hard to bring Arizona's government into the 21st century so 21st century companies can grow and thrive here," said Governor Ducey. "I'm excited to represent and discuss the entrepreneurial environment we are fostering in Arizona."
· Sec of State Michele Reagan: Arizona on a national level. Over the past two weeks I have traveled across the United States to attend summer conferences and address Arizona issues. Spending time in Indianapolis at the Lt. Governors association allowed me to meet with the southwest delegation to discuss ways to better cooperate on issues and continue civil discourse. As Secretary of State I pulled double duty and then traveled to Portland, Maine to meet with Secretaries of State from around the nation. My mission at this meeting was to find vendors who would be able to work with Arizona to make our future elections more transparent and cost effective. My trip ended in Washington DC to meet with our two Senators and a handful of our Congressional delegation where I was briefed on what they are accomplishing for all Arizonians. As Secretary of State I will continue to push Arizona issues on a national level and find solutions to problems that my office faces.
· Paul Farrell Is Organizing A GOP Presidential Debate Watching Party at 5 pm., for a meet and greet for the 6 pm., Aug 6 at the Copper Sky Multigenerational Complex. Fox News Channel is hosting the debate and is selecting the 10 participants by averaging five national polls. According to the 2016 Election Central website, the likely debaters are Gov. Jeb Bush, Gov. Scott Walker, Sen. Marco Rubio, Carson, Donald Trump, Dr. Rand Paul, Gov. Mike Huckabee, Sen. Ted Cruz, Gov. Rick Perry and Gov. Chris Christie. But Sen. Rick Santorum, Carly Fiorina and Gov. John Kasich could climb into the mix by the night of the debate. The watching party will be in multipurpose/dry room A. The capacity is 93. RSVP to 520-233-8249.
· Sheriff Paul Babeu: Recent polling shows that, should I decide to run for Congress, I have broad support across Arizona's 1st Congressional District. I love being Sheriff, but I'm certainly looking at this possibility to serve Arizona and our nation at this critical time. What do you think? Take my survey now and let me know! I appreciate your feedback.
§ Congressman Matt Salmon: Last week I was proud to introduce a bill that would get the government out of the news business and save you almost $212 million. See press release I sent on Friday, and visit my website at http://salmon.house.gov/sos for the latest on my SOS initiative, and I'll keep you informed as things move forward.
§ The Fountain Hills Republican Club will meet at 9 am., Sat., July 18 to hear Sheriff Paul Babeu at the Fountain Hills Community Center, 13001 N La Montana Dr, F.H. 85268. "Meet and Greet" Social period with breakfast snacks commences at 8:30. Next month's (Aug 15) speaker will be Glen Hamer, CEO, Arizona Chamber of Commerce.The September 19 speaker is currently unconfirmed. Ooctober 17 is the FHRC's Republican Fall Forum to which all candidates and elected officials are invited. (This event replaces the traditional FHRC's September picnic in Golden Eagle Park.)
· The Arizona Project will meet at 6:30 pm., Mon., July 20 to see “Honor Diaries” at 3375 E Shea Blvd., Returning veteran Corporal Mark Wilkins will also make an appearance.
§ A Rally for Phoenix- Hosted by the Maricopa County Young Republican Professionals. 7pm Tuesday July 21st at the AZGOP Headquarters. Our quarterly meeting is a Rally for Phoenix. We invite all members and non-members to come out and support our Phoenix Republicans. Hear from Vice Mayor Jim Waring and Councilman Sal DiCiccio's office on Prop 104 and the issues of the upcoming Phoenix election. You'll also hear from Mayoral Candidate Anna Brennan and city council candidate Felix Garcia about their campaigns and how to get involved as early ballots come out later this month. Event is free. Light refreshment provided. RSVP to https://www.facebook.com/events/39212655430429
· Congressman Matt Salmon: Did you know the government owns almost a quarter-million vehicles? And that number doesn't include the military or the post office. Even still, they spend over a billion dollars each year on new cars and trucks. This week, I introduced a bill that would cut government's new vehicle purchases by 20% and save you over 360 million dollars in the process. Take a look at the press release I sent out yesterday, and visit my website at http://salmon.house.gov/sos for the latest on my SOS initiative, and I'll keep you informed as things move forward.
· AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham today released the results of a poll showing 58 percent of likely voters will vote to oppose the legalization of marijuana, with 31 percent supporting the measure and 11 percent undecided. “Not only is this dangerous measure not going anywhere with the voters, the results show more than enough people have already made up their minds and that the undecideds won’t matter,” said Graham. “Legalizing drugs is a bad idea and the voters fully understand this issue, and that means no amount of money is going to flip this issue around.”
AZGOP Political Director George Khalaf said, “These results show marijuana legalization is dead on arrival. It is clear that even though past polls simply surveying heads of households showed the race close, likely voters are strong in their opposition.” Khalaf noted that more than 70 percent of Republicans oppose the measure, joined by 55 percent of independent voters.
Methodology: The Arizona Republican Party conducted the automated survey on July 1st and 2nd from a sample of likely voters in the state of Arizona. Respondents were high-efficacy, registered voters that also self identified as either “Extremely Likely” or “Very Likely” to vote in the November 2016 General Election. The sample size was 1,689 completed surveys with a margin of error of +/- 3.5 percent. arizona-voters-oppose-marijuana-legalization-initiative
· Congressman Paul Gosar will host “Women on Deck featuring Linda Chavez, Sherry Counts, Debbie Johnson, Sharla Mortimer, Paige Lund, Michelle Reagan, Lisa Atkins and Jordan Rose at 9 am, at networking reception and a 10 an conference, Mon, July 20 at the Scottsdale Plaza Resort, 7200 N Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85253. Contact: Penny.firstname.lastname@example.org or 480-882-2697.
· MCRC Chairman Tyler Bowyer: The Republican Party of Maricopa County commends Congressman Matt Salmon for his stalwart leadership and unyielding pursuit of sensible, conservative policy solutions to address the serious national security and economic threats caused by illegal immigration, including his recently introduced bill entitled Kate’s Law. Kate’s Law, designed to amend existing law to mandate five-year minimum sentences for individuals who return to the United States illegally after deportation, arguably would have saved the lives of countless Americans like that of 32-year- old Kathryn Steinle, who was tragically gunned down in San Francisco on July 1st by an illegal immigrant with seven felony convictions and five previous deportations, yet repeatedly crossed the border illegally only to return to the safe haven of San Francisco’s sanctuary city.
“32-year-old Kate Steinle’s recent murder was heartbreaking and unconscionable,” said Salmon. “This case has reminded us of an unfortunate fact –Congress simply cannot afford to leave any ambiguity in statute while trusting the Executive to prudently exercise its discretion. Congress must continue to sharpen existing law and demand accountability from the Executive Branch. Kate’s Law is a step toward that end. By instituting mandatory minimums for those who illegally reenter our nation after already having been deported, we help dissuade those who so casually disregard our laws and continue to victimize Americans. The tragic death of Kate Steinle serves as a glaring reminder of the immense threat posed by our unsecured southern border,” said Bowyer. “Given our intimate relationship with border issues, Arizonans have a keen understanding of the severity of this threat and the cost, both human and economic, that is paid by the American people because of the Democrats and President Obama’s complete abnegation of their duty to protect and defend the citizens of the United States of America. The Maricopa County GOP is extremely grateful for Congressman Salmon’s fearless leadership on this critical issue, which is why we are calling on Senators McCain and Flake to utilize their resources and influence in support of this common sense legislation. We hope that the entire Arizona delegation will stand firmly behind the principled proposal by Congressman Matt Salmon.”
· Sen John McCain on his conversation with Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Undersecretary for Health, Dr. David Shulkin, regarding the letter he sent this week urging the VA to ensure that twenty Arizona veterans do not lose access to chemotherapy and other treatments due to the VA’s failure to notify physicians at the Cancer Care Center of Western Arizona (CCWA) in Lake Havasu that they were to lose their credentials to administer care: “Today I spoke with VA Undersecretary Shulkin to ensure that veterans being treated at the Cancer Care Center of Western Arizona would not lose access to cancer treatments due to a bureaucratic snafu at the VA. Fortunately, Undersecretary Shulkin assured me that no veteran would be denied cancer treatment or any other form of medical care because of an administrative mistake. I appreciate the Undersecretary’s quick resolution to this matter and thank the members of the Lake Havasu community for raising awareness of this critical issue. We have no greater obligation than to care for those who have served and sacrificed for this nation, and I will continue to do everything I can to fight for Arizona's veterans and ensure they receive the care they deserve.”
· The Paradise Republican Women are hosting a bus trip to see Dinesh D’ Souza on Tues., July 28 at Yavapai Community College $25 roundtrip motorcoach. Convenient departures
ü 3 pm Fry's 10450 N 90th Street (101 & Shea) by Portillo's
ü 3:30pm Walmart 2501 W Happy Valley Road (at I-17)
ü 3:45pm Anthem Outlet Stores (behind Chevron by Rack Shoes)
They will arrive Yavapai College in time for the reception. If you are not attending the reception, the bus will be making a dinner stop, before the D'Souza program. Returning back to the valley right after the program ends. Event Tickets (and reception tickets) available at www.yc.edu Motorcoach tickets at www.prwcbus.eventbrite.com Contact: Call Lori 480-221-9633 email@example.com www.prwc.org
§ The Foundation for Responsible Accountable Government (FRAG) summer series will meet at
ü 6 pm., Thur., Aug 13 at the Miller-Golf Links Public Library, 9640 E Golf Links Rd, Tucson, AZ 85730 to address the Pima County Bond Election.
ü 2-4pm., Sat., Sept 26 to address the “Election Integrity in Pima County”in the Murphy-Wilmot Public Library, 530 N Wilmot Rd, Tucson, AZ 85710
· Sen John McCain, Chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, said today: “After attacks at Fort Hood and the Washington Navy Yard, Little Rock and Chattanooga, it is painfully clear that U.S. military service members, many stationed at bases across Arizona, are a target both at home and abroad. The brave men and women of our military who volunteer to defend our nation around the world should not be left defenseless at military facilities here at home. I have long supported the right of military personnel to carry firearms for personal and force protection. But the massacre in Chattanooga demonstrates the urgent need for action. In the coming days, I will work to take immediate steps in this year’s National Defense Authorization Act to strengthen security at U.S. military installations, as well as other military facilities including recruiting stations, and ensure that military service members are able to defend themselves.”
· Call The White House 202-456-1111 Comments. Switchboard: 202-456-1414. Contact Senate https://www.senate.gov/ or Representatives http://www.house.gov/ Let them know how you feel. Hold their feet to the fire. They wanted these positions so badly, hold them accountable. Arizona delegation phone numbers:
CALENDAR OF EVENTS .
§ The 2016 Republican National Convention Will Be Held July 18-21 In Cleveland, Ohio, according to RNC Chairman Reince Priebus. "A convention in July is a historic success for our party and future nominee. The convention will be held significantly earlier than previous election cycles, allowing access to crucial general election funds earlier than ever before to give our nominee a strong advantage heading into Election Day.”
§ The “Never Again” Summer Series starts at 9:45 am., Sat., July 18 at the Moral Action Ministry, North Scottsdale Christian Church--28700 N. Pima Rd., Scottsdale, AZ. 85266 (NW Corner of Dynamite & Pima Rd.)featuring
ü Dr. Carl Goldberg on Islam and Muslims.
ü ü Abby Ameri on Iran, Islam and nuclear
ü ü Mona Oshana-Ancient Christians on Persecution of Iraqi’s, Syrians, Kurds, Armenians, and Yazidi’s in the Middle East. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 602-818-8838
Aug 15 – Dr. Malak Malak will address “Martyrdom caused by ISIS, Jeff Gardner talks about “Arming the Minority Christians in Syria and Iraq and Jack Zimmer addresses “ISIS, Israel and the World.” Location: North Scottsdale Christian Church, 28700 N. Pima Road, Scottsdale, AZ. 85266. Contact: email@example.com or 602-818-8838
§ Congressman Matt Salmon will receive an award from Heritage Action in his district office, 207 N Gilbert Road #209, Gilbert at 2:30 pm., July 20 for his dedications to the continuous grassroots fight for conservative principles. See Heritage Action Sentinel Award
· Daisy Mountain Tea Party Patriots will hear Nick Dranias of The Heartland Institute & Ariz Supt of Public Instruction Diane Douglas, at 6:30 pm. July 21 in the Anthem Civic Building, 3701 W. Anthem Way, Anthem, AZ 85086. Contact: Vera Anderson, phone 602.821.4675 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
§ A Special Meeting Of The Yavapai County Republican Committee has been called for July 25 in response to Richard Hennessey’s petitions to recall Chairman Mark Sanders. The meeting will be held at Emery Riddle University. Hennessey recently said that officers had collected enough recall petition signatures to move forward with the Sanders recall movement.
§ The Yavapai Young Republicans will meet at 6:30 pm., Tues., July 28 at Augie's Restaurant. Frontier Village Center,1721 AZ-69, Prescott 86301. Contact: Matthew Perry at email@example.com
· The Republican Women of Prescott are hosting " An Evening With Denish D'Souza" at 7:30 pm., July 28. at the Yavapai College Performing Arts Center. Prior to the presentation there will be a 5:30 pm reception in the Sculpture Garden. The cost is $25, and reservations are required. RSVP: Elsie Tyree, 928-778-0235 firstname.lastname@example.org or Pam Calhoon email@example.com 928 778-7157
§ You Are Invited To The Fed Soc Summer Happy Hour At 5:30 Pm., Thurs., July 30 At The Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, 1 East Washington St., #2400, Phoenix, 85004.
§ Stephen Slivinski, Research Fellow, Center for the Study of Economic Liberty will address "Can we eliminate Arizona's income taxes?" at the Americans for Prosperity birthday celebration of the Late Nobel laureate economist and free-mark advocate Dr. Milton Friendman with free speaker events on Fri., July 31 in Phoenix and Tucson.
ü 11:30 am., July 31 at DoubleTree, 445 South Alvernon Way, Tucson, AZ 85711. Speaker: RSVP Info: Leslie White, firstname.lastname@example.org (480) 290-2286 EventBrite Link: https://miltonbdaytucson7152015.eventbrite.com/ Lunch and light beverages will be served. RSVP mandatory.
ü 6 pm., Fri., July 31 at Goldwater Institute, 500 E. Coronado Road, Phoenix, AZ 85004. RSVP Info: Leslie White, email@example.com (480) 290-2286 EventBrite Link: http://miltonbdayphx073115.eventbrite.com/ Buffet dinner and light beverages will be served.
· Weekends-Storms-Not-Your-Typical-Monsoon Goodyear Microburst
· McCain: Donald-Trump-Immigration-Re-Election McCain: Trump Stirred Up Crazies At Phoenix Rally
· Trump-Wants-More-Christian-Immigration 'They're Being Beheaded And They Can't Come In?'
· Clintons-Man-From-Morocco Clinton Campaign Fails To Disclose Bundler Actively Lobbying For Morocco
· Illegal Criminals Repeatedly Deported, Commit New Crimes Jeb Bush Refers To Illegal Entry As “An Act Of Love,” Jeff Flake Agrees
- Dr. Kelli Ward: It’s Official, I’m Running!
- What If Kirkpatrick Didn’t Run For Senate After All?
- SCOTUS Turns Down Former Rep. Rick Renzi’s Appeal Of Legal Assault
- Tell Obama Hand Off My Guns
- Some GOP Leaders Saw Planned Parenthood Video Weeks Ago
- White House Celebrates Muslim Holiday On Day Muhammad Murders Four Marines
- The Mccain Vs Trump Feud
- Free Enterprise Club Releases Study On Phoenix Transit Plan Tax Hike