- ► June (24)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ▼ July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
Sunday - July 19, 2015
- Tom Morrissey, Immediate Past Chairman of the AZ GOP: So our Senior Senator John McCain has proclaimed that those of us who attended the Trump rally as “The Crazies”. Well, can’t say that I disagree with his comment because of the following:
ü His lack of action on controlling the border drives me crazy.
ü Mitch McConnell and John Boehner’s lack of ability or desire to keep their promise to remedy Obamacare drives me crazy.
ü The lack of enthusiasm of our party leadership to prevent the rise of our enemy Iran and the destruction of our ally Israel drives me crazy.
ü The apparent inability of our party to stand against bad trade deals that are sending millions of jobs overseas drives me crazy.
ü The way the courts are allowed to write laws and pass down tyrannical rulings drives me crazy.
ü The way Common Core still stands and flourishes drives me crazy.
ü The way we are allowed to be pushed around as a party that controls both houses of the legislature, thirty one governorships and twenty four state legislatures drives me crazy.
ü The way cities across this nation are allowed to violate the law by declaring themselves Sanctuary Cities drives me crazy.
ü The way law enforcement has been handcuffed by this administration and the media as the crime rate in this country soars drives me crazy.
ü The way the will of “we the people” is ignored by those we elect into office drives me crazy.
ü The way we make celebrities of those we put into office and then wonder why they betray us drives me crazy.
ü The way political correctness has replaced patriotism drives me crazy.
ü And the way certain people in Planned Parenthood talk about the unborn drives me crazy.
Yes indeed, I/m paraphrasing Paul Simon’s lyrics “I’m still crazy after all these years”.
· AAARC's Summer Schedule: As a general FYI to keep the community posted and for those of you who have asked what an AAARC 'summer break' looks like:
1) Planning, preparing, and getting things organized for Emancipation Proclamation Observance Day 4 (EPOD 4), that uniquely-Phoenix event, to be held on 1/1/16. All you event planners and fundraisers know what strategic planning issues we mean: Volunteers, $ponsors and $upporters, Talent, Venue, Promo, Community RTI (Reach, Teach, and Inspire), Etc.
2) Speeches & Writing supporting AAARC's mission & vision statement: 'To educate the citizens of Arizona regarding issues and electing and supporting statesmen.'
3) Supporting AZ GOP Chairman Robert Graham by working on projects he has assigned to us.
4) Creating an official AAARC website providing news and info and maximizing Internet presence throughout the community and beyond.
5) Planning the AAARC 20th-Anniversary Tribute Dinner in honor of our founder, Dodie Londen. Details TBA.
6) As always, exploring opportunities to form successful, long-term, win-win-win working relationships with people and strategic partnerships with organizations and institutions. – Rev Clyde Bowen, Chairman AAARC 602 274-5439 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Dr Michael Ward: My wife, Dr. Kelli Ward, is the most extraordinary woman I’ve ever known. Even though I see her every day, she still finds new ways to surprise me. When we met in medical school, I knew she was something special. It wasn’t just the caring and the empathy she showed for her patients and fellow doctors, though that was remarkable. It was the laser-focus she put into whatever she was doing, and the skill and determination she used to solve problems and achieve her goals. I’ve watched her do that for almost 20 years now—and that’s why it didn’t surprise me one bit to see her do those same things as a State Senator. It didn’t surprise me, but it still impressed me. The way she cares about the people in our community and the seriousness she puts into representing their views, even when she personally disagrees, is a model every elected official should aspire to. Will you stand with Kelli I've seen my share of warriors, having risen to the rank of Colonel in the Air National Guard--and Kelli is a warrior! I know she will stand as strong as ever to shake up Washington, take on the lobbyists, and do what’s right for Arizona. That’s why Kelli is the best choice to represent us in the U.S. Senate.
· The Arizona Game and Fish Department, together with the Wildlife for Tomorrow Foundation, will induct four individuals and one organization during the 18th annual Arizona Outdoor Hall of Fame Banquet on Sat, Aug. 22, at the Chaparral Suites Scottsdale, 5001 N. Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85250. The inductees include Sen John McCain, former Game and Fish Commissioner John Harris, Navajo County rancher Jim O’Haco, hunting guide Dan Priest and Audubon Arizona. 6 pm social hour, 7 pm dinner. Individual tickets are $70. A table for 10 is $700. A table of ten and a full-page ad in the full-color banquet brochure is $1,200. Tickets: www.wildlifefortomorrow.org/hof or call Duane Wellnitz (WFT board member and ticket chairman) at (480) 747-0611 or e-mail email@example.com.
· Reader: “I guess, given enough time, history can be rewritten. Giving McCain any kind of a Conservation Award certainly devalues that award which is too bad for the others that truly deserve recognition.”
· McCain’s League Of Conservation Voters Life Time Rating From 1983 To 2014 Is 22%. His record in Arizona with the bellwether, high profile conservation issues is even more insultingly, anti-conservation. McCain has championed and passed two legislative Riders (1988, 1996) exempting a controversial telescope project in the Coronado National Forest on Mt. Graham from environmental, cultural and religious freedom laws. When he was angry with Coronado National Forest Supervisor Jim Abbott for trying to protect the severely endangered Mount Graham Red Squirrel, McCain threatened Abbott that "if he did not cooperate on this project he would be the shortest tenured Forest Supervisor in the history of the Forest Service" (May 18, 1989).
McCain supported the Salvage Rider (1995) and Healthy Forests Initiative (2003) waiving judicial review for destructive old growth forest thinning activities. He opposed the creation of the Grand Canyon-Parashant National Monument and the Agua Fria National Monument (1999). He helped convicted, ex-congressman Rick Renzi to exempt the Department of Defense from key Endangered Species Act protection for the last surviving, undammed desert river in the southwest, the San Pedro (2003). He introduced legislation (2011) to support uranium mining near the Grand Canyon (2008). He championed and passed exemptions from environmental, cultural and religious freedom law, giving away Tonto National Forest’s Oak Flat campground to a foreign mining company, Resolution Mine (20).
· Honor Dairies, a movie featuring nine courageous women’s right advocates with roots in Muslim-majority societies, will be shown at 5 pm., Sat., July 25 at the Arizona Project Headquarters, 3377 E Shea Blvd #2B, Phoenix, AZ 85208. These women, who have witnessed firsthand the hardships women endure, are profiled in their efforts to affect change, both in their communities and beyond. Free admission. Dr. Carl Goldberg will address how Islam relates to the issue, followed by an open discussion. hosted by the Freethought Fellowship Movie website: http://honordiaries.com Contact: Mike Renzulli firstname.lastname@example.org
· Go to WWW.russellpearce.com to read or sign former Sen. Russell Pearce’s petition “Promises made, Promises Need to be Kept and his Resolution: “Stand Up, Arizona” It Is Our Duty And The Law addressed to Gov. Doug Ducey: it is time to deliver on your campaign promises and protect Arizona now.
· A Ribbon Cutting Ceremony For The Republican Party Of Maricopa County headquarters in Tempe was conducted at 10 am., July 13, followed with an open house at 3030 S Rural Road, Suite #105, Tempe, AZ 85282. "The opening of our county headquarters marks yet another step in the right direction as the Republican Party of Maricopa County expands its reach and influence within the great state of Arizona," said Chairman Tyler Bowyer. "The new HQ will serve as a space for Republican Party activists, legislative districts, and countless other conservative groups to meet, strategize and plan for victory in 2016 and beyond."
· LD27 PC Art Olivas: We the Republican voters want answers from all of you who call your selves Arizona Republican Chairmen! Not one but all of you Chairmen across Arizona! Some of you may say, “I am doing all I can in my County!” BULL! The corruption that happens in any AZ. county will affect your home and the rest of your State! Your silence tells us you are in accord or you maybe A Republican In Name Only (RINO). We are asking questions:
ü Why are illegal immigrants getting millions of dollars in food stamps while our Vets and some citizens are going hungry?
ü Why do illegal immigrants get public housing and thousands of Americans are homeless?
ü Illegals get free medical care in one form or and other! U.S. Citizens are filing Medical Bankruptcy?
ü Let's not forget the illegal immigrant Dreamers and their illegal alien parents that are demanding millions of dollars in benefits!
You are protecting them! We have not heard you on the radio or seen your statements on TV against them! The Democrats and illegals are on Mexican TV and radio every day! They protest and march in our streets by the thousands!
ü Where in the hell is Robert Graham who calls himself the savior of the Grassroots Conservatives Republicans?
May I remind you that any organization is only as good as its leaders
· Last week AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham called attention to a video released of a Planned Parenthood official discussing the business of harvesting fetal tissue from aborted babies. The official described different abortion techniques used to preserve certain fetal body parts, depending on the industry’s demand for particular organs or other body parts from aborted babies. “The public deserves to know exactly what Planned Parenthood is all about as they are the ones driving the entire abortion industry, and this video is going to open a lot of eyes,” said Graham. “These are horrendous practices which not only take the life of an innocent child, but Planned Parenthood now admits it has other nefarious motives driving an entire new sector of their horrific business.” The Washington Post report here and the group responsible for the video is here.
· Last Week AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham defended Arizona Corporation Commissioner Bob Stump, against attacks from a renewable energy group known for using sham legal tactics in their attempts to annoy or embarrass government officials who regulate the energy industry. Stump, who was re-elected to the Commission in 2012, has been forced to turn over personal phone records and private text messages under Arizona’s public records law in an intimidation campaign against him and the Commission for their votes opposing ongoing subsidies for renewable energy.
The Commission is made up of five elected officials and is responsible for setting electricity rates for many Arizona homes and businesses. In addition to expending state resources to respond to the attack, the agency has been forced to hire an outside attorney, at taxpayer expense, to defend Stump’s privacy.
Graham criticized the “Checks and Balances Project” for mounting a politically-motivated legal attack against Stump and the Commission itself. The organization is a self-proclaimed “watchdog group” funded by donations from renewable energy companies angry about the ACC siding with ratepayers and against businesses seeking government subsidies. Graham says it’s wrong for those who oppose Stump’s official acts to try to expose his private communications and invade his privacy simply to help their companies earn more profits.
“It’s unfortunate to see this kind of abuse of the public records law, but it’s no surprise that progressives with a left wing agenda have hired some big guns to try to harass and bully a respected public official they don’t like,” said Graham. “Commissioner Stump was twice elected to his job by voters statewide, and his public service and sacrifice has been a true benefit to taxpayers and ratepayers throughout Arizona."
· Stop-Iran-Protest-In-Times-Square The “STOP IRAN RALLY,” the largest, grassroots bipartisan American protest against the deal granting Iran a fast track to a nuclear bomb, will be held in Times Square between 5:30-7:30 pm., Wed., July 22. Under the umbrella of the STOP IRAN RALLY COALITION, more than 100 organizations spanning the nation’s political, religious and social spectrum will participate. A roster of preeminent experts from senior levels of the military, government, academic, and media establishments will speak at the rally. “Strip away the administration’s rhetoric and it’s clear this deal gives the Mullahs – the world’s foremost sponsors of terrorism, $150 billion in return for effectively nothing: no dismantlement of Iran’s nuclear program; no anytime or anywhere inspections; no eradication of Iran’s ballistic missile program; no maintenance of the arms embargo; and no halt to Iran’s sponsorship of terror,” said Jeffrey Wiesenfeld, STOP IRAN RALLY’s co-organizer.
· Republican National Committee (RNC) Chief Strategist and Communications Director Sean Spicer in response to Donald Trump’s comments: "Senator McCain is an American hero because he served his country and sacrificed more than most can imagine. Period. There is no place in our party or our country for comments that disparage those who have served honorably.”
· Earlier This Month, AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham remarked that Terry Goddard’s support in a statewide race is unlikely to help the already uphill campaign of Ann Kirkpatrick, who is seeking the Democrats’ nomination for United States Senate. “Terry Goddard’s efforts as a statewide campaigner has been met with a high rate of failure,” said Graham. “With Republicans holding a six point registration advantage plus a significant turnout advantage, when the numbers come in on election night Ann Kirkpatrick’s going to have a lot more in common with Terry Goddard.” Goddard ran and lost his first race for governor in 1990, lost a second time in 1994, and in 2002 had to take a lower position on the Democratic ticket that elevated Janet Napolitano to the Governor’s Office. He then ran for governor again in 2010 and lost. He then ran in 2014 for Secretary of State and lost to Republican Michele Reagan.
· Call The White House 202-456-1111 Comments. Switchboard: 202-456-1414. Contact Senate https://www.senate.gov/ or Representatives http://www.house.gov/ Let them know how you feel. Hold their feet to the fire. They wanted these positions so badly, hold them accountable. Arizona delegation phone numbers:
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
· The Arizona Game and Fish Department will hold a life jacket exchange event from 10 a.m. to noon, Sun, July 19 at Saguaro Lake. Boaters with tattered and worn ski-vest type III life jackets can exchange them for new ones at the lake. Safety course, visit www.azgfd.gov/boating.
· Congressman Paul Gosar will host “Women on Deck featuring Linda Chavez, Sherry Counts, Debbie Johnson, Sharla Mortimer, Paige Lund, Michelle Reagan, Lisa Atkins and Jordan Rose at 9 am, at networking reception and a 10 an conference, Mon, July 20 at the Scottsdale Plaza Resort, 7200 N Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85253. Contact: Penny.email@example.com or 480-882-2697.
§ Congressman Matt Salmon will receive an award from Heritage Action in his district office, 207 N Gilbert Road #209, Gilbert at 2:30 pm., July 20 for his dedications to the continuous grassroots fight for conservative principles. See Heritage Action Sentinel Award
· Congressman Matt Salmon will address the 7 pm., July 20 Freedom Fires at East Valley High School, 7420 E. Main St., Mesa, AZ 85207. $2.50 per person (Under 18 free)
· The Arizona Project will meet at 6:30 pm., Mon., July 20 to see “Honor Diaries” at 3375 E Shea Blvd., Returning veteran Corporal Mark Wilkins will also make an appearance.
§ A Rally for Phoenix- Hosted by the Maricopa County Young Republican Professionals. 7pm Tuesday July 21st at the AZGOP Headquarters. Our quarterly meeting is a Rally for Phoenix. We invite all members and non-members to come out and support our Phoenix Republicans. Hear from Vice Mayor Jim Waring and Councilman Sal DiCiccio's office on Prop 104 and the issues of the upcoming Phoenix election. You'll also hear from Mayoral Candidate Anna Brennan and city council candidate Felix Garcia about their campaigns and how to get involved as early ballots come out later this month. Event is free. Light refreshment provided. RSVP to https://www.facebook.com/events/39212655430429
· Daisy Mountain Tea Party Patriots will hear Nick Dranias of The Heartland Institute & Ariz Supt of Public Instruction Diane Douglas, at 6:30 pm. July 21 in the Anthem Civic Building, 3701 W. Anthem Way, Anthem, AZ 85086. Contact: Vera Anderson, phone 602.821.4675 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
§ A Special Meeting Of The Yavapai County Republican Committee has been called for July 25 in response to Richard Hennessey’s petitions to recall Chairman Mark Sanders. The meeting will be held at Emery Riddle University. Hennessey recently said that officers had collected enough recall petition signatures to move forward with the Sanders recall movement.
§ The Yavapai Young Republicans will meet at 6:30 pm., Tues., July 28 at Augie's Restaurant. Frontier Village Center,1721 AZ-69, Prescott 86301. Contact: Matthew Perry at email@example.com
· The Republican Women of Prescott are hosting " An Evening With Denish D'Souza" at 7:30 pm., July 28. at the Yavapai College Performing Arts Center. Prior to the presentation there will be a 5:30 pm reception in the Sculpture Garden. The cost is $25, and reservations are required. RSVP: Elsie Tyree, 928-778-0235 firstname.lastname@example.org or Pam Calhoon email@example.com 928 778-7157
· The Arrowhead Republican Women’s July 28 Summer Outing starts with an 11:30 am luncheon at B J’s, followed by shopping at Charming Charlie’s between 1-3 pm., at West Park, 9784 W Northern Ave., in Peoria. RSVP to 3rd Vice President Barbara Melkin at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 23.
· The Paradise Republican Women are hosting a bus trip to see Dinesh D’ Souza on Tues., July 28 at Yavapai Community College $25 roundtrip motorcoach. Convenient departures
ü 3 pm Fry's 10450 N 90th Street (101 & Shea) by Portillo's
ü 3:30pm Walmart 2501 W Happy Valley Road (at I-17)
ü 3:45pm Anthem Outlet Stores (behind Chevron by Rack Shoes)
They will arrive Yavapai College in time for the reception. If you are not attending the reception, the bus will be making a dinner stop, before the D'Souza program. Returning back to the valley right after the program ends. Event Tickets (and reception tickets) available at www.yc.edu Motorcoach tickets at www.prwcbus.eventbrite.com Contact: Call Lori 480-221-9633 email@example.com www.prwc.org
§ You Are Invited To The Fed Soc Summer Happy Hour At 5:30 Pm., Thurs., July 30 At The Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, 1 East Washington St., #2400, Phoenix, 85004.
§ Stephen Slivinski, Research Fellow, Center for the Study of Economic Liberty will address "Can we eliminate Arizona's income taxes?" at the Americans for Prosperity birthday celebration of the Late Nobel laureate economist and free-mark advocate Dr. Milton Friendman with free speaker events on Fri., July 31 in Phoenix and Tucson.
ü 11:30 am., July 31 at DoubleTree, 445 South Alvernon Way, Tucson, AZ 85711. Speaker: RSVP Info: Leslie White, firstname.lastname@example.org (480) 290-2286 EventBrite Link: https://miltonbdaytucson7152015.eventbrite.com/ Lunch and light beverages will be served. RSVP mandatory.
ü 6 pm., Fri., July 31 at Goldwater Institute, 500 E. Coronado Road, Phoenix, AZ 85004. RSVP Info: Leslie White, email@example.com (480) 290-2286 EventBrite Link: http://miltonbdayphx073115.eventbrite.com/ Buffet dinner and light beverages will be served.
· Dewit-Exposes-Duceys-School-Funding-Scheme See Chart Here:
- Be Vigilant: Communists Still Waging War On America Weekend Reading Guaranteed To Make You Smarter
- AZGOP Has No Money See AZGOP-2015-FEC.tiff
- We Must All be Activists: Urge Congress to Get a Better #IranDeal
- Donald Trump At The Family Leadership Summit (Full Video)
- Retire-John-McCain: Exposed - Veterans Voice Displeasure And Non-Trust Of John 'Songbird' McCain, Who Spilled His Guts To Get Out Of Torture
- Blood Money: CIA Director Reveals Obama-Iran Nuke Deal Is A Bailout, Funding The Slaughter Of U.S. Troops
- It's Easy Being Green - When You Have No Choice!
- McCain-Voted-To-Cut Veterans Pensions
- Donald-Trump: I-Can-Never-Apologize-For Telling The Truth
· West Demands Obama Issue Exec. Order That Can Prevent Mass Shootings Like Chattanooga "Marines here don't have guns, come on in!"
REPUBLICAN PARTY OF MARICOPA COUNTY
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no Border News Watch
WAR ON WOMEN
- Gun-Free Zones Shot Up, 4 Marines Killed In Chattanooga While Obama Praises Islam
- Obama To Be First Sitting President To Visit Federal Prison
- Obama Setting Up Secret ‘Racial Database’
- Charlie Daniels: Slams Obama With Rant Stoked By Chattanooga Slaughter
- Bad In So Many Ways: Obama’s Terrible Iran Nuclear Deal