- ► May (25)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ▼ July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
Wednesday - July 22, 2015
· Republican Can Send Donations to the Maricopa County Republican Committee (MCRC) Treasurer, c/o David Ludwig, 4242 N. 19th Ave., Suite 150, Phoenix AZ, 85015, in an effort to keep the newly opened MCRC GOP office open until a plan can be laid to raise funds to cover the rental fees that AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham ‘stopped payment’ on without notification to the MCRC Chairman and Executive Committee. See 7-21-15 Briefs archives
· LD27 Activist Art Olivas is asking Republican to bring rental donations to the newly opened Maricopa County Republican office, 3030 S Rural Road, Suite #105, Tempe, AZ 85282 the afternoon of Friday, Jan 24 to raise funds to cover Graham’s ‘stop payment’ rental check. Olivas and his wife are prepared to donate $100 each on Friday to help keep the office open. Donations of any size are urged. See 7-21-15 Briefs archives story on Graham’s ‘stop payment’ on the county office rent in which Graham denies is punishment for the MCRC for co-hosting the Presidential Candidate Donald Trump event a week ago that drew thousands of Republicans in attendance. Graham also denied reports that the AZGOP is short on funds. Graham claims he stopped rental payment because “it appears that Maricopa County is doing well” although he originally agreed to pay the rent through 2016, according to MCRC Chairman Tyler Bowyer.
· Contrary to reports that Bruce Ash owns the MCRC GOP Tempe office site, the building has belonged to Wendy Rogers for several years, according to a MCRC officer.
· Monday evening Briefs sent these additional questions to Graham:
1. Why did you issue the Tempe rental check and then stop payment on it? Did you notify the county you were stopping payment? If so, when? And to whom?
2. Why would the county proceed with the ribbon cutting on the new facility last week if they knew AZGOP wasn’t going to pay the rent?
3. Did you also stop payment on the county office in Sun City?
4. How many county offices (throughout the state) is the AZGOP paying the rent on? Have they also been cut off?
5. Were you directed to stop that Tempe facility check because Maricopa County hosted Trump? trump-shunned-arizona-gop-establishment-phoenix-visit
6. Why didn’t the AZGOP host Trump?
7. Will the AZGOP be hosting any of the Republican presidential candidates when/if they come to AZ?
8. Or is this something the county needs to be prepared to handle in the future?
Graham responded that he was on his way back East for a series of meeting and didn’t have time to answer the questions.
· Also see related stories:
ü The Establishment Strikes Back: A. J. LaFaro Talks About Graham's Spiteful Retribution James T Harris Radio Interview
· LD15 (The Republican Party of North Phoenix) will meet at 6:30 pm., July 28 at the Deer Valley Airport Restaurant, 702 W. Deer Valley Road. Registered Republicans are welcome. Come early for socializing and dining from the restaurant's menu. Speaker: Reymundo Jimenez Torres (Rey Torres) will address “Increasing the ‘Latino Vote’ for Republican candidates.” Contact: David Henderson firstname.lastname@example.org
· Mia Garcia Is The New Spokesman For Attorney General Mark Brnovich effective July 27. Garcia will make the transition after a 14-year career in television news. Most recently, Garcia worked as a breaking news and crime reporter for Fox 10 in Phoenix. She has covered major stories across the state for nearly a decade.
· The Anna Brennan For Phoenix Mayor Campaign http://brennanformayor2015.com/ is calling for volunteers to help plant campaign signs throughout the greater Phoenix area. Big signs are 4'x4' and small signs are 18"x24". Also need straight 5' rebar for the big signs. The campaign extends a big thanks to everyone who's helped out so far, and there's still lots more signs to go up. As the early ballots go out soon, time is of the essence. Call, text, or email Tristan for more info at 920-349-7737 or email@example.com
· Retired Navy Senior Chief Petty Officer Jon Altmann of north Phoenix has been selected as the Secretary of Navy’s Retiree Council by the Association of the US Navy. Altmann currently serves as the AUSN National Vice President for Budget & Finance. Altmann urges retired Navy or Marine Corps members or spouse to email issues of concern to national headquarters firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 30.
· Immediate Past AZGOP Chairman Tom Morrissey: Still crazy? Here is something extremely interesting. The Rasmussen Reports Poll seems to indicate that quite a few Republicans are still "Crazy" after all these years of milk-toast representation of our core beliefs (not 'Common Core'). There are at least half of those polled who continue to support Donald Trump. The other half support Senator John McCain. (Only half for someone who has been a presidential nominee?)
Another person who likes to use the term "Crazy" is Senator Lindsay Graham of SC (close friend of McCain) who is running for president based on what? His voting record. If you compare his voting record to McCain's you will see a remarkable resemblance between the two. Graham refers to those of us (Grassroots Conservatives) who demonstrate our disgust with many Republican elected officials by supporting people such as Donald Trump and Sheriff Joe Arpaio, as "Crazies".
It is without question that McCain deserves respect for his service and time spent as a POW. However that does not give him or Graham the right to belittle those of us who also served, including the Sheriff. But then again, maybe that's their endearing term for us Veterans who along with the other "Crazies" support what Donald Trump has the courage to be saying. "I'm still crazy after all these years" and proud to be so.
· LD30 PC Gary Cox: As a candidate for the office of Senate in LD 30 last year, I repeatedly pounded the table on the simplicity of solving the dreadful VA healthcare issues in Phoenix and elsewhere in the Country. The fix is relatively simple and I will continue to pound the table on this. My idea hasn’t really gotten much traction but it is a very viable solution. Almost everyone is familiar with Medicare but not too many realize there are other special Medicare programs. One is ‘Railroad Medicare’, a program for retired and disabled railroad workers. There is also a Medicare program for Black Lung disease sufferers. Why not create a ‘Veterans Medicare’ program? Give them 100% coverage through this program, they deserve it because they have willingly served their Country. Such a program would allow any Veteran the ability to get the healthcare they need anywhere in the U.S. This program would end delays and extended wait times that many Veterans are now enduring before they can get treatment.
If funding is a concern, that’s easily solved too. Shut down and sell off dated Veterans Healthcare facilities; they won’t be necessary. In fact, the entire VA Healthcare System could be more efficiently streamlined with this approach. Lost VA healthcare jobs will simply transfer to the private healthcare sector. This will literally save hundreds of millions of dollars currently being spent on an inefficient and poorly managed VA Healthcare system. This solution is the simple common sense way to fix a broken VA healthcare system that continues to be inefficient even today.
· Gov Doug Ducey Today Issued An Executive Order directing the Adjutant General to take actions to enhance and strengthen the safety and security of Arizona National Guard personnel. The governor’s order, a response to the recent attacks on military recruitment and readiness centers in Chattanooga, Tennessee, authorizes Major General Michael McGuire to:
A. Identify and arm of all appropriately-trained National Guard personnel who he determines reasonably necessary, based upon their duty positions, responsibilities, or locations, to protect themselves and other persons from the threat of deadly physical force;
B. Institute a policy and training requirements that permit Guardsmen to carry personally-owned handguns while on duty at a secured facility or military instillation, in lieu of a government-issued handgun, as specified by the Adjutant General. This policy should allow Guard personnel to carry these handguns on unsecured facilities while on duty if a government-issued handgun is not reasonably accessible.
C. Consult with the Director of the Arizona Department of Public Safety to review the security measures and protocols in place at Arizona National Guard facilities, including without limitation recruiting offices, and make any recommendations necessary to further protect Soldiers, Airmen, and the public against attacks on military personnel.
“What happened in Chattanooga was shocking and saddening, and it took the lives of five American servicemen,” said Ducey. “With the number of tragic shootings that have occurred on military installations in recent years, it’s imperative that our soldiers and airmen – people who put their lives on the line every day to protect our state and nation – have at least the same level of self-defense as the citizens they’re fighting for. We’re committed to doing whatever is reasonably necessary to ensure the safety and security of these men and women, and of all Arizonans.” At least eight other governors have issued a similar order, with several others ramping up efforts to increase the safety and security of military personnel in their states. See executive order, here.
· Phoenix City Councilman Sal DiCiccio: The court ruled against Phoenix in its attempt for pension reform. Taxpayers were let down once again by the politicians and government staff who have a conflict of interest. Here is the reason Phoenix failed:
Mayor Stanton and staff purposely picked the worst viable legal path and argument for pension reform and end that would have "moderated " pension spiking resulting in this expected decision.
There were two paths (legal approaches) Phoenix could have taken. The politicians took the least winnable path resulting in a loss in court. This also gave them the platform to misrepresent that they were "trying to fix the problem" - designed for failure. The city’s'failed legal strategy could now cost taxpayers millions of dollars that the city does not have. You were led to believe the city was watching out for you, when in reality the politicians were looking out for their union buddies.
The two paths: 1). The first path deals with pensionability. That is the path that failed in court and was not unexpected and favors the government unions.
2). The second legal argument deals with the contractual aspect of this case. That had the strongest legally defensible position that would have protected you and other taxpayers. That unfortunately was not chosen and resulted in this loss. We can still pursue this path if Phoenix politicians are willing to get a backbone to take on their union supporters.
Also the media keeps reporting this would have ended pension spiking. That is blatantly false. Even with this "moderate" reform pension spiking costs taxpayers $19 Million last year alone The court struck down this moderate reform, but once again we can fix this by challenging the unions and doing this the right way.
· The Sahuarita Tea Party Patriots Steering Committee urged Gov Doug Ducey to immediately arm Arizona National Guard members/recruiters, and install bullet proof glass, so that they may protect themselves against the terrorist threat that is currently growing in the United States. The recent events in Chattanooga call for action, and the Governors of Texas, Louisiana, Florida, Indiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin have taken the right steps so that these American heros can protect themselves.
· The Republican National Committee today released the video entitled ‘A Bad Deal,’ highlighting Hillary Clinton’s role in crafting the weak nuclear deal with Iran: “The Clinton-Obama nuclear deal with Iran is the capstone on a failed foreign policy that has left America and the world less safe,” said RNC Chairman Reince Priebus. “Not only does the Clinton-Obama deal fail to ultimately prevent a nuclear Iran, it will leave the Ayatollahs with even more resources to fund terrorism and further destabilize the Middle East. It’s as clear as ever that in order to keep America safe, we must elect a Republican president.”
· AZ Gov Doug Ducey has been elected to serve on the Republican Governors Association Executive Committee, along with Gov Charlie Baker of Massachusetts, and Gov Pete Ricketts of Nebraska. The trio replaces Gov Chris Christie of New Jersey, Gov Bobby Jindal of Louisiana, and Gov Scott Walker of Wisconsin, who all resigned their RGA Executive Committee positions to focus on their 2016 Presidential campaigns. “The RGA is the most effective political organization in the country because our governors are directly involved in its process and success, and I’m proud to have Governors Baker, Ducey and Ricketts join the RGA Executive Committee,” said RGA Chairman Bill Haslam. “These newly elected GOP governors, only six months into their terms, are getting results for their states by driving successful reform and already have impressive records and high approval ratings. They will be valuable members of the RGA’s leadership.”
· Gov Doug Ducey Has Ordered That Flags At All Arizona State Office Buildings be lowered to half-staff beginning today, July 21, 2015, until sunset July 25, 2015, in honor of the five United States service members killed last week by a gunman in Chattanooga, TN..
· The Ahwatukee Republican Women Breakfast Fundraiser With Governor Doug Ducey is scheduled at 7:30 am., Tues., Aug 11 at the Four Points by Sheraton Phoenix, 10831 S 51st St, Phoenix, AZ 85044. Cost: $25 Members/Associates · $30 Non-Members . Pre-registration required. Reservation Deadline: Tues., Aug. 4. Tickets: ahwatukeerepublicanwomen. VIP Sponsorship: DebbieSmith email@example.com 480-529-4828. Contact: Chr Loraine Pellegrino 480-460-7101
· The Pima County Tea Party Patriots Presents Jeff Utsch’s “Learn From The Past-To Deal With The Future” - Practical Solutions for Recent Supreme Court Rulings – at 6 pm., Aug 20 at the Miller Golf Links Library in Tucson. Utsch is a constitutional scholar and historian with a keen interest in the founding of this country. He currently can be heard as one of the constitutional experts for the weekly constitution segment of the James T. Harris Show on 104.1 The Truth FM radio in Tucson .
· Call The White House 202-456-1111 Comments. Switchboard: 202-456-1414. Contact Senate https://www.senate.gov/ or Representatives http://www.house.gov/ Let them know how you feel. Hold their feet to the fire. They wanted these positions so badly, hold them accountable. Arizona delegation phone numbers:
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
· The Family Health Talk Show will highlight the link between diabetes and alzheimer’s at 10 am., Thurs., July 23 on KXXT 1010 AM. Online – www.familyvaluesradio1010.com or contact: Fred Taylor, Executive Director, P.O.Box 12186, Glendale, AZ 602-547-3806 www.swprostatecancer.com firstname.lastname@example.org
§ A Special Meeting Of The Yavapai County Republican Committee has been called for July 25 in response to Richard Hennessey’s petitions to recall Chairman Mark Sanders. The meeting will be held at Emery Riddle University. Hennessey recently said that officers had collected enough recall petition signatures to move forward with the Sanders recall movement.
· Volunteers Are Needed between 6:30 am and noon, Sat., July 25 in New River (East of 7th St & Circle Mtn Road) to help clean up the home of Fred Terry – a US Army, Corps of Engineers. Vietnam Veteran - whose home was destroyed due to a kitchen fire earlier this year. Contact: Charlie Ellis, Founder, Operation Enduring 480-678-0938 Charlie@OperationEnduringGratitude.Org www.OperationEnduringGratitude.Org
· Honor Dairies, a movie featuring nine courageous women’s right advocates with roots in Muslim-majority societies, will be shown at 5 pm., Sat., July 25 at the Arizona Project Headquarters, 3377 E Shea Blvd #2B, Phoenix, AZ 85208. These women, who have witnessed firsthand the hardships women endure, are profiled in their efforts to affect change, both in their communities and beyond. Free admission. Dr. Carl Goldberg will address how Islam relates to the issue, followed by an open discussion. hosted by the Freethought Fellowship Movie website: http://honordiaries.com Contact: Mike Renzulli email@example.com
§ The Yavapai Young Republicans will meet at 6:30 pm., Tues., July 28 at Augie's Restaurant. Frontier Village Center,1721 AZ-69, Prescott 86301. Contact: Matthew Perry at firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Northwest Valley Tea Party will meet at 6 pm., Tues., July 28 to view “Monumental” with Kirk Cameron at the GOP office, 99th Ave., and Bell Road. Father Raymond Greco of St. Clements of Rome Catholic Church will also be featured. Contact: Dennis Zink 623.977.8114. NWV Tea Party NWVTP meets the second and fourth Tuesday of the month.
· The Republican Women of Prescott are hosting " An Evening With Denish D'Souza" at 7:30 pm., July 28. at the Yavapai College Performing Arts Center. Prior to the presentation there will be a 5:30 pm reception in the Sculpture Garden. The cost is $25, and reservations are required. RSVP: Elsie Tyree, 928-778-0235 email@example.com or Pam Calhoon firstname.lastname@example.org 928 778-7157
· The Arrowhead Republican Women’s July 28 Summer Outing starts with an 11:30 am luncheon at B J’s, followed by shopping at Charming Charlie’s between 1-3 pm., at West Park, 9784 W Northern Ave., in Peoria. RSVP to 3rd Vice President Barbara Melkin at email@example.com by July 23.
· The Paradise Republican Women are hosting a bus trip to see Dinesh D’ Souza on Tues., July 28 at Yavapai Community College $25 roundtrip motorcoach. Convenient departures
ü 3 pm Fry's 10450 N 90th Street (101 & Shea) by Portillo's
ü 3:30pm Walmart 2501 W Happy Valley Road (at I-17)
ü 3:45pm Anthem Outlet Stores (behind Chevron by Rack Shoes)
They will arrive Yavapai College in time for the reception. If you are not attending the reception, the bus will be making a dinner stop, before the D'Souza program. Returning back to the valley right after the program ends. Event Tickets (and reception tickets) available at www.yc.edu Motorcoach tickets at www.prwcbus.eventbrite.com Contact: Call Lori 480-221-9633 firstname.lastname@example.org www.prwc.org
§ You Are Invited To The Fed Soc Summer Happy Hour At 5:30 Pm., Thurs., July 30 At The Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, 1 East Washington St., #2400, Phoenix, 85004.
§ Stephen Slivinski, Research Fellow, Center for the Study of Economic Liberty will address "Can we eliminate Arizona's income taxes?" at the Americans for Prosperity birthday celebration of the Late Nobel laureate economist and free-mark advocate Dr. Milton Friendman with free speaker events on Fri., July 31 in Phoenix and Tucson.
ü 11:30 am., July 31 at DoubleTree, 445 South Alvernon Way, Tucson, AZ 85711. Speaker: RSVP Info: Leslie White, email@example.com (480) 290-2286 EventBrite Link: https://miltonbdaytucson7152015.eventbrite.com/ Lunch and light beverages will be served. RSVP mandatory.
ü 6 pm., Fri., July 31 at Goldwater Institute, 500 E. Coronado Road, Phoenix, AZ 85004. RSVP Info: Leslie White, firstname.lastname@example.org (480) 290-2286 EventBrite Link: http://miltonbdayphx073115.eventbrite.com/ Buffet dinner and light beverages will be served.
· The Establishment Strikes Back: A. J. LaFaro Talks About Graham's Spiteful Retribution James T Harris Radio Interview
· Mccain-Started-All-This Mess… When He Called Donald Trump's Supporters A Bunch Of "Crazies."
· McCain-Wont-Apologize-Term-Endearment-Call-Trump-Supporters If Calling Constituents Concerned About Illegal Immigration "Crazies" Is A Term Of Endearment, What Would Be An Insult Be?
- Emperor Obama’s Unilateral Gun Grab Do You Have Difficulty Balancing A Checkbook? Obama Wants Your Guns
- Retire-John-McCain: Exposed - Veterans Voice Displeasure And Non-Trust Of John 'Songbird' McCain, Who Spilled His Guts To Get Out Of Torture
· Will-AZ-Attorney-General-Support Efforts To Protect Service Members From Predatory Lending
NEW ZEAL BLOG
- INFOGRAPHIC: 6 Reasons To Support Ted Cruz. Reason 1 – “Moderate Candidates Are Losers”
- Michiganders Protest ‘Planned Parenthood Baby Parts Video’
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no Border News Watch
SECOND AMENDMENT, FIREARMS
· Odierno Says U.S. Could Have 'Prevented' ISIS Rise Army Chief Of Staff Said The Chaos In Iraq Now Unfolding "Might Have Been Prevented" Had The U.S. Stayed More Engaged
DEMS AND LIBS
SECRETARY OF STATE