- ► August (19)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ▼ July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
Friday - July 24, 2015
· A Big ‘Thank You’ to the reader who sent a several dozen red roses to Briefs yesterday. What a beautiful surprise!
· Gov Doug Ducey Has Ordered That Flags At All Arizona State Office Buildings be lowered to half-staff until sunset July 25, 2015, in honor of the five United States service members killed last week by a gunman in Chattanooga, TN.
· The ‘Stopping Prop 104’ walk will begin at 9 a.m, Sat., July 25 at the AFP office, 3835 N. 32., St. in Phoenix.
· The Arizona Independent Redistricting Commission will meet at 3 pm., July 28 at the Evans House, 1100 W Washington, Phx, AZ 85007. This meeting will NOT be streamed online (No live meeting). Agenda Info
· Congressman Matt Salmon: Did you know that our government pays the United Nations over $4 million dollars annually to support the "UN Democracy Fund?" Better yet, the fund's executive head includes "submitting reports" as one of it's core objectives. America doesn't need UN to support fledgling democracies-- we have a Department of State for that. Yesterday I introduced a bill to strip all spending on the UN Democracy Fund. Take a look at the press release I sent out today, and visit my website at http://salmon.house.gov/sos for the latest on my SOS initiative, and I'll keep you informed as things move forward.
· The Pima County Republican Club will meet at 11:30 am., Tues., July 28 at the Sabbar Center 450 S Tucson Blvd., Tucson with Speaker: John McElroy radio show host of America's Fabric. Contact: email@example.com (520) 321-1492.
· Past LD13 Chairman Robert Branch: Send Hillary To Jail! Cowardly Clinton caught lying…again. Hillary said that she did not send any classified information over her personal emails, and today it was proven that she did. The Wall Street Journal says that four emails have been deemed classified, while hundreds of Clinton’s personal email could have been classified. I was in cryptographic in the United States Air Force and any mishandling of classified information equaled a prison sentence. The Secretary of Defense knows about classified information, knows how to handle it, and also knows that prison is the penalty for mishandling it. Hillary knew this was illegal, but feels that she can get away with it. Send Hillary To Jail!
· AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham is attending the National Federation of Republican Women’s 7th District (southern states) in Huntsville, AL.
· An Election Strategies 2016 meeting with Frank Aquila will be held in AT 6 PM., July 27 Tucson on July 27 at the Nanini Library, 7300 E Shannon in Tucson. Free admission. RSVP: Donna Aluman DonnaAlu@msn.com or Karen Schutte at 520-877-3230. Aquila wrote a book about his effort to get Sarah Palin on the John McCain for President ticket. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (520) 321-1492
· Lyn Lynch: I am disgusted with the Maricopa County Republican Party for not only the blind devotion to Joe Arpaio but the shameless pandering to another egomaniac, Donald Trump. Arpaio thinks he is above the law and Trump just thinks he's everybody's savior. He has no connection with reality and would be the worst thing that could ever happen to the USA.
· From A Reader: Tell The RNC , “ Republican Establishment” to STOP …shoving Jeb Bush down our Throats… stop insulating us…. Trump has the Real Message and the courage to raise national awareness… Deal with it! Trump can Deliver...Our party has had NOTHING to offer voters for the last 10 years… get over it! Jeb is not the answer…
· You're Invited To The Foundation For Responsible Accountable Government Summer Series ‘Hold Government Accountable’ to discuss Pima County Bonds - Wasteful or Necessary Spending? At 6 pm., Thurs., Aug 13 at the Miller-Golf Links Public Library, 9640 E Golf Links Rd, Tucson, AZ 85730 featuring AZ State Director of the Americans for Prosperity Tom Jenney and Pima County Bond Advisory Committee member Joe Boogaart. The Chairman of the ‘Yes on Pima County Bonds’ has also been invited, but is not confirmed. Contacts: Taxpayers Against Pima Bonds, pimabondfacts.com
Yes on Pima County Bonds, www.yesonpimacountybonds.com
· Phx City Councilman Sal Diciccio: Phoenix citizens will be voting on Prop 104 that proposes to spend $31.5 Billion for 35 years; spending on light rail is the priority. This taxpayer money isn't even guaranteed to reach its intended purpose. Politicians are used the word "may" on the ballot so that they can easily break their word. Proposition supporters’ claims are deceptive! The Arizona Free Enterprise Club has provided voters with a comprehensive analysis of the Phoenix Transportation Plan - Proposition 104. Written by the transportation expert Randal O’Toole, the paper conducts an in-depth review of the proposed transit plan and also investigates many of the claims made about the benefits of light rail in the Phoenix Metro area. The paper can be viewed online by clicking here. I am highlighting 1 of the top 5 key findings from the study
1. Light Rail Does Not Stimulate Development or Promote Urban Growth. It has been repeatedly claimed that light rail has generated $7 Billion in economic development. This couldn't be further from the truth the study finds. That claim and the data behind it are misleading and deceptive! Example…Many of the projects that were included in the $7 Billion economic development claim have never even been built such as the Sycamore Station development and it includes projects that have nothing to do with light rail. The $600 million Convention Center Expansion is a prime example.
· Republican National Committee spokesman Michael Short went after Clinton’s plan, saying in an email statement, “Whether it’s getting to the truth about potential criminal activity involving her secret email server or the substance of her proposed tax increases, Hillary Clinton only offers more smoke and mirrors. One thing is clear: a Hillary Clinton Administration would mean higher taxes for American families, even though economists from her husband’s administration say her proposals will have little impact on trading practices.” clinton-laughs-off-e-main-scandal-at-economic-policy-speech-maybe-the-heat-is-getting-to-everybody
· The Foundation For Responsible Accountable Government will hold an “Election Integrity in Pima County’ meeting at 2 pm., Sat., Sept 26 in the Murphy-Wilmot Public Library, 530 N Wilmot Rd, Tucson, AZ 85710
· The Arizona Department of Environmental Quality, in association with the Arizona Game and Fish Department, has issued a fish consumption advisory recommending that people limit consumption of channel catfish and largemouth bass caught from Bartlett Lake in Maricopa County. ADEQ is issuing this advisory because recent fish tissue samples from Bartlett Lake contained elevated levels of mercury.
ADEQ recommends that adults limit consumption of channel catfish and largemouth bass to 2.4 ounces (uncooked weight) per week and children 12 years of age and under limit consumption to two ounces per month (uncooked weight). This advisory does not limit the use of this waterbody for fishing, bird watching, swimming, or other recreational uses. In general, the level of contaminants in fish is several folds higher than levels found in water. Any health risks associated with eating fish from this advisory area are based on long term consumption and are not representative of risk from eating fish occasionally. Fish are an excellent source of protein and can be an important part of a healthy, diverse diet as they are low in saturated fat and high in omega-3 fatty acids. The American Heart Association recommends that individuals eat at least two fish or seafood meals weekly. ADEQ Fish Consumption Advisory Fact Sheet:
· AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham: In DC this week. Participated in a Senate briefing to stop the Nuclear Iran deal. The administration gave up too much. We need to stay on course and not allow any nuclear ambition to move forward in Iran.
· Navy-Releases-McCains-Records USS Forrestal, July 29, 1967 - The worst accident aboard a US Navy surface vessel since WWII
· Selling-Off-Apache-Holy-Land “…McCain and others assert that the mining project will be a boost to the local economy, though it’s unclear how many of the 1,400 promised jobs would be local; a Superior-area miners’ group, in fact, opposes the swap on the basis that it won’t help the local people or economy.”
· Senate Candidate Clair Van Steenwyk: McCain & CNN;s insulting performance to citizens of AZ. Senator McCain your false humility isn't hard to see by those of us who've seen you close up and know how angry you get at those in AZ who oppose you. I, for one, don't consider being called a Crazies by you for attending the Trump Event “Endearing” as you put it. This softball interview is really quite sickening to watch and I realize this group of reporters job is to make you look like the victim and Trump the villain, even... though I believe the statement about POWs was out of place this trumped up interview on CNN is a joke and you're statements about hundreds of Town Halls you must be talking about in the last 32+ yrs. you've been in office, as I know you haven't done what most consider open town halls with the public and most of those who disagree with you are left outside. I've gotten in a couple of them and raised my hand and you've never called on me and also wouldn't come on the show in your 2010 run against JD or Deakin as we wouldn't send you questions ahead of time. Your controlled responses today are far from what most of US have seen at times in AZ and in closing I will tell you, those in AZ demand an apology from you. Remember you work for all of us not just the RINO Wing of AZ GOP and Chamber of Commerce. - Clair Van Steenwyk US Senate Candidate for a Constitutional American Government : www.vanussenate.com
· This week, National Border Patrol Council (NBPC) President Brandon Judd and the presidents of local NBPC units across the U.S. including Tucson and Yuma, Arizona, released a statement on their decision to not participate in any future events involving Donald Trump due to his offensive remarks about Senator John McCain (R-AZ) and all American service members and veterans – including those working as Border Patrol agents. They also emphasize that Trump’s remarks are only serving to distract the nation from its crucial task of protecting and securing the U.S.-Mexico border. The full statement is here
· Today, Congressman Matt Salmon announced the 10th bill in his Shrink our Spending Initiative, focused on highlighting and cutting wasteful, taxpayer-funded programs. Upon introduction of his latest bill to cut federal funding for the United Nations Democracy Fund, Salmon released the following statement: “Continuing to show that the United Nations is more about wasteful bureaucracy than international cooperation, they authorized their ‘Democracy Fund’ in 2005 to provide for a ‘commitment to support democracy by strengthening the capacity of the United Nations to assist Member States upon their request.’Member states in the U.N. are fully capable of coming together and supporting fledgling democracies without establishing an international slush fund and allowing unaccountable apparatchiks to dole out ‘grants’ without guidance or oversight.”
· Republicans Can Send Donations to Maricopa County Republican Committee (MCRC) Treasurer, c/o David Ludwig, 4242 N. 19th Ave., Suite 150, Phoenix AZ, 85015, in an effort to keep the newly opened MCRC GOP office open until a plan can be laid to raise funds to cover the rental fees that AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham ‘stopped payment’ on without notification to the MCRC Chairman and Executive Committee. See 7-21-15 Briefs archives
· Readers are Still Waiting For Answers to the eight questions Briefs sent to Graham on July 20 regarding the cancellation of payment on the Tempe Office. See 7-21-15 Briefs
· Related stories:
ü The Establishment Strikes Back: A. J. LaFaro Talks About Graham's Spiteful Retribution LaFaro asks for Graham’s resignation: James T Harris Radio Interview
· The Anna Brennan For Phoenix Mayor Campaign http://brennanformayor2015.com/ is calling for volunteers to help plant campaign signs throughout the greater Phoenix area. Big signs are 4'x4' and small signs are 18"x24". Also need straight 5' rebar for the big signs. The campaign extends a big thanks to everyone who's helped out so far, and there's still lots more signs to go up. As the early ballots go out soon, time is of the essence. Call, text, or email Tristan for more info at 920-349-7737 or email@example.com
· Call The White House 202-456-1111 Comments. Switchboard: 202-456-1414. Contact Senate https://www.senate.gov/ or Representatives http://www.house.gov/ Let them know how you feel. Hold their feet to the fire. They wanted these positions so badly, hold them accountable. Arizona delegation phone numbers:
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
§ A Special Meeting Of The Yavapai County Republican Committee has been called for July 25 in response to Richard Hennessey’s petitions to recall Chairman Mark Sanders. The meeting will be held at Emery Riddle University. Hennessey recently said that officers had collected enough recall petition signatures to move forward with the Sanders recall movement.
· Volunteers Are Needed between 6:30 am and noon, Sat., July 25 in New River (East of 7th St & Circle Mtn Road) to help clean up the home of Fred Terry – a US Army, Corps of Engineers. Vietnam Veteran - whose home was destroyed due to a kitchen fire earlier this year. Contact: Charlie Ellis, Founder, Operation Enduring 480-678-0938 Charlie@OperationEnduringGratitude.Org www.OperationEnduringGratitude.Org
· Americans For Prosperity Anti Prop 104 walks will take place all day Sat., July 25 in Ahwatukee. Volunteers are needed to help with three separate shifts consisting of door canvasing and phone banking – 9 am until noon, 1-4 pm, and 5-8 pm. RSVP Jason Lloyd- firstname.lastname@example.org or Mallory Hayhurst- email@example.com to get assigned to an area. Prop 104 is a $31+ billion tax that will go toward expanding the light rail that less than 1% of Phoenicians current use! Only 8% of the $31+ billion goes toward street repairs. Vote NO on Prop 104 and join us in spreading the word to your neighbors!
· Honor Dairies, a movie featuring nine courageous women’s right advocates with roots in Muslim-majority societies, will be shown at 5 pm., Sat., July 25 at the Arizona Project Headquarters, 3377 E Shea Blvd #2B, Phoenix, AZ 85208. These women, who have witnessed firsthand the hardships women endure, are profiled in their efforts to affect change, both in their communities and beyond. Free admission. Dr. Carl Goldberg will address how Islam relates to the issue, followed by an open discussion. hosted by the Freethought Fellowship Movie website: http://honordiaries.com Contact: Mike Renzulli firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Western Pinal County Chapter of The Arizona Republican Assembly will meet at 6:30 pm., Mon., July 27 at the Siegel Suites Select, 540 N. Cacheris Ct, Casa Grande (½ mile west of I-10 on Florence Blvd.) to hear Rey Torres, President of the Arizona Latino Republican Club and LD8 Rep Candidate. Contact: Jason Hayes 202-394-7202
· AFP Chairman Tom Jenney will address the Arizona Project about the $31.5 billion light rail boon doggle the current Phoenix mayor is trying to foist on us at 6:30 pm., Mon., July 27, at 3377 E Shea Blvd #2B, Phoenix, AZ 85028. This new tax will last for 35 years and will be paid by us, our children and grandchildren. Contact: Chr Ron Ludders 602-677-1496.
§ The Yavapai Young Republicans will meet at 6:30 pm., Tues., July 28 at Augie's Restaurant. Frontier Village Center,1721 AZ-69, Prescott 86301. Contact: Matthew Perry at email@example.com
· The Northwest Valley Tea Party will meet at 6 pm., Tues., July 28 to view “Monumental” with Kirk Cameron at the GOP office, 99th Ave., and Bell Road. Father Raymond Greco of St. Clements of Rome Catholic Church will also be featured. Contact: Dennis Zink 623.977.8114. NWV Tea Party NWVTP meets the second and fourth Tuesday of the month.
· LD15 (The Republican Party of North Phoenix) will meet at 6:30 pm., July 28 at the Deer Valley Airport Restaurant, 702 W. Deer Valley Road. Registered Republicans are welcome. Come early for socializing and dining from the restaurant's menu. Speaker: Reymundo Jimenez Torres (Rey Torres) will address “Increasing the ‘Latino Vote’ for Republican candidates.” Contact: David Henderson firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Republican Women of Prescott are hosting " An Evening With Denish D'Souza" at 7:30 pm., July 28. at the Yavapai College Performing Arts Center. Prior to the presentation there will be a 5:30 pm reception in the Sculpture Garden. The cost is $25, and reservations are required. RSVP: Elsie Tyree, 928-778-0235 email@example.com or Pam Calhoon firstname.lastname@example.org 928 778-7157
· The Arrowhead Republican Women’s July 28 Summer Outing starts with an 11:30 am luncheon at B J’s, followed by shopping at Charming Charlie’s between 1-3 pm., at West Park, 9784 W Northern Ave., in Peoria. RSVP to 3rd Vice President Barbara Melkin at email@example.com by July 23.
· The Paradise Republican Women are hosting a bus trip to see Dinesh D’ Souza on Tues., July 28 at Yavapai Community College $25 roundtrip motorcoach. Convenient departures
ü 3 pm Fry's 10450 N 90th Street (101 & Shea) by Portillo's
ü 3:30pm Walmart 2501 W Happy Valley Road (at I-17)
ü 3:45pm Anthem Outlet Stores (behind Chevron by Rack Shoes)
They will arrive Yavapai College in time for the reception. If you are not attending the reception, the bus will be making a dinner stop, before the D'Souza program. Returning back to the valley right after the program ends. Event Tickets (and reception tickets) available at www.yc.edu Motorcoach tickets at www.prwcbus.eventbrite.com Contact: Call Lori 480-221-9633 firstname.lastname@example.org www.prwc.org
· Randal O'Toole of the CATO Institute will discuss the $31.5 billion dollar tax hike being proposed by the liberal, progressive leadership of the current mayor of Phoenix at 6 pm., Wed., July 29 at the Arizona Project office, 3375 E Shea Blvd #2B, Phx, AZ 85028. Contact: Chr Ron Ludders 602-677-1496 .
§ You Are Invited To The Fed Soc Summer Happy Hour At 5:30 Pm., Thurs., July 30 At The Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, 1 East Washington St., #2400, Phoenix, 85004.
· The Arizona Heroes To Hometowns 5-Ton Food/Donation Drive is scheduled Fri., July 31 at four valley Fry’s Food Stores, according to Founder/CEO Kathy Pearce. Bring your non-perishable food items and donations
ü 18420 N. 19th Ave., Phoenix (19th Ave and Union Hills)
ü 155 W. Combs Rd., Queen Creek (Gantzel and Combs)
ü 4815 E. Carefree Hwy, Cave Creek (48th Street and Carefree Hwy)
ü 5941 E. McKellips Rd., Mesa (McKellips and Recker Rd,
You can make donations to Kathy Pearce, Founder/CEO AZ Heroes to Hometowns www.AZHeroestoHometowns.org Cell 480.330.1632 or email@example.com AZ H2H , P.O. Box 31646, Mesa, AZ 85275
§ Stephen Slivinski, Research Fellow, Center for the Study of Economic Liberty will address "Can we eliminate Arizona's income taxes?" at the Americans for Prosperity birthday celebration of the Late Nobel laureate economist and free-mark advocate Dr. Milton Friendman with free speaker events on Fri., July 31 in Phoenix and Tucson.
ü 11:30 am., July 31 at DoubleTree, 445 South Alvernon Way, Tucson, AZ 85711. Speaker: RSVP Info: Leslie White, firstname.lastname@example.org (480) 290-2286 EventBrite Link: https://miltonbdaytucson7152015.eventbrite.com/ Lunch and light beverages will be served. RSVP mandatory.
6 pm., Fri., July 31 at Goldwater Institute, 500 E. Coronado Road, Phoenix, AZ 85004. RSVP Info: Leslie White, email@example.com (480) 290-2286 EventBrite Link: http://miltonbdayphx073115.eventbrite.com/ Buffet
· Art Olivas Yaqui Elder Shares His Views On Illegal Immigration Trump Event Interview
· A Must See: Refugee Settlement In The US
· Trump Caught NBC-Doctoring-Soundbite Instantly Destroys Liberal Interviewer
· Obama Expands Executive Action For Illegals When Is Enough, Enough?
· Iran-Deal-Requires-Us-Defend-Irans Nuclear Program From Sabatoge
REPUBLICAN PARTY OF MARICOPA COUNTY
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no Border News Watch
SECOND AMENDMENT, FIREARMS
LAW AND ORDER
JUDGE JEANINE PIRRO
DEMS AND LIBS
SECRETARY OF STATE
dinner and light beverages will be served.