- ► February (19)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ▼ August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
Friday, August 7, 2015
· Due To Other Commitments Today, Briefs did not have time to check out several reports coming in regarding the dust up at AZGOP Headquarters immediately following adjournment of the Wednesday night MCRC EGC meeting. Eye witness allegations indicate that two AZGOP staffers were involved in the incident that resulted in a police report filing by an EGC member as SeeingAZ Red posted: Robert-Grahams-Staff-Engages-In-GOP-Intimidation
· Where Were Our Fearless Leaders During This Upheaval? Neither were in the building. AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham was already in Cleveland for the GOP debate. MCRC Chairman Tyler Bowyer left for the airport to catch a flight to Cleveland immediately after he adjourned the meeting
· Former AZGOP State Chairman Tom Morrissey will be featured on the one hour “The Chips and Salsa” internet radio show at 6 pm., Sat., Aug 8 to talk about some of the things he has done during his lifetime – deputy US marshal, rock musician, song writer for Ray Charles, author and now co-writing a novel with actor Steven Seagal. www.ChipsNSalsaShow.com www.CentralCityRadio.com
· Volunteers Are Needed To Help Americans For Prosperity-Arizona teams phone bank against Prop 104 in the Phoenix field office, 3855 N 32nd St., #7, Phoenix, AZ 85018. Phone banking scheduled:
ü Sat, Aug 8 – 10am – 8 pm.
To sign up, contact Leslie White at email@example.com or 480.290.2286.
· Meet US Senate Candidate Alexander Meluskey www.meluskey.com: The LD23 precinct committeeman owns and operates Optimum Graphics USA, LLC., which he founded in 1993. As the State Director of Fair Tax http://www.azfairtax.org/ he has spoken to many conservative groups. He is also a Radio Show Host on 960 The Patriot http://960thepatriot.com/ and 1100KFNX http://1100kfnx.com/. The Scottsdale resident and his wife Roberta have been married since 1995 and have a son and a daughter.
· Presidential Candidate Dr Ben Carson won the Deer Valley Tea Party straw poll this past week, with Donald Trump and Scott Walker tying for second place. With 29 voting, the results were:
1. Dr. Benjamin Carson - 39 Points
2. (Tie) Donald Trump - 34 Points
2. (Tie) Scott Walker - 34 Points
3. Rand Paul - 25 Points
4. Carly Fiorina - 15 Points
5. Rick Perry - 9 Points
6. Mike Huckabee - 8 Points
7. John Kasich - 2 Points
A discussion on the constitutional eligibility of some candidates to hold the Presidential office was held prior to ballot distribution. Speaker Alan Korwin addressed the issue of ‘natural born citizen.’ Further coverage of the meeting can be viewed at http://bit.ly/1KTY2YF or naturalborncitizeninfo Contact: Tristan Manos firstname.lastname@example.org or leader Bob Stannard email@example.com
· The Huachuca Republican Women will meet at 10:30 am., Tues, Aug 11 at the Pueblo Del Sol Country Club, 2770 St. Andrew Dr., Sierra Vista, AZ 85650.
· The Pima County Republican Club will meet at 11:30 m., Tues., Aug 11 at 340 S Tucson Blvd., Tucson AZ 85716.
· Governor Doug Ducey today announced the appointments of Jeffrey Rueter, Stephen Hopkins and Ronee Korbin Steiner to the Maricopa County Superior Court. The appointments were made to fill the vacancies created by the retirements of the Honorable Linda Miles, Honorable Robert Miles, and Honorable Boyd Dunn.
· “It’s Juvenile And Amateurish. Honestly, it should be beneath them. I expect more from them. I’m being a professional about this and they’re having a second-grade school fight.” - State Treasurer Jeff DeWit on Gov Doug Ducey/allies on DeWit’s opposition to the governor’s land trust reform proposal.
· Former Mesa Mayor Scott Smith will join Harvard’s Institute of Politics as a Resident Fellowship this fall, the Harvard University’s John F. Kennedy Jr. announced today. Smith is the third Arizona leader to be selected for this honor following Ambassador Barbara Barrett and former Phoenix Mayor Tim Barrows. The University’s IOP was created in 1966 to honor President Kennedy and inspire undergraduates to enter careers in politics and public service. Smith, mayor of Mesa from 2008 to 2014, will be teaching a weekly seminar open to all Harvard students on leadership in government. Resident Fellows live on campus and spend the semester mentoring a select group of students while participating in other activities at the University. “I am excited to work with the students at the Kennedy School of Government and share my real life experience as a private sector CEO and as Mayor of Mesa,” Smith said. “I hope I can teach and mentor these incredible young minds because I know they will inspire me.”
· Tom Morrissey, Immediate Past Chairman of the AZ GOP: We have control of the Senate and the House but all the change that we were promised has not come to pass? Why does the downward spiral of the excellence of this country continue well after the end of the reign of Pelosi and Reid? Are our replacement not much different? There are constant questions regarding the underlying the cause of this. I offer a possible reason. Celebrity! We put people in office and then make celebrities of them. We listen to their endless oratory on their solutions to problems… often times, problems they created. Have they even begun to reckon with Illegal Immigration and Obamacare? I haven’t seen a thing. Now that Trump and Cruz have broken through the establishment malaise there are distant rumblings from the elitists that they are having problems with what they are hearing from both of these men. They are stunned by the groundswell reaction of the grassroots to the truth being ‘trumpeted’ by Trump and Cruz. Establishment candidates are panicking and wondering where are their sycophants? They should look at FOX News and give an ear to Brit Hume and George Will. Trump is on the move and so is Cruz. Sycophants might want to awaken and get onboard with these folks or else Trump and Cruz might actually prevail here. The rush of the establishment sycophants to the sides of the establishment ‘celebrities’ is becoming old and laughably predictable. As I said when I was State Chairman, the people WE put them in office to serve us. We do not serve Them. When that fact is realized and brought home to bear, we will have the true change we are all yearning for. Until then I remain, ‘sick of the sycophants’.
· Sen John McCain will speak at 9 am., Mon., Aug 10 at the Marine Corps League’s National Convention in Paradise Valley, an 11 am town hall with Universal Technical Institute employees in Avondale, and a 2:45 pm town hall with Sub-Zero employees in Goodyear.
· Presidential Candidate Scott Walker won the straw poll conducted among 100 Maricopa County Young Republican Professionals Club following the FOX News top 10 GOP candidates last night. The straw poll results: Scott Walker (19%), Rand Paul (17.9%), Marco Rubio (13.1%), Ted Cruz (13.1%), Donald Trump (11.9%), Ben Carson (10.7%), John Kasich (7.1%), Jeb Bush (3.6%), Mike Huckabee (2.4%) and Chris Christie (1.2%). “We were thrilled to have a standing room only crowd on-hand for the first GOP presidential debate and to officially kick-off the 2016 primary process,” said Young Republican Professionals President Chris Herring. “With more than 90% of those in attendance being under the age of 30 we feel passionately that Millennial voters are going to be a dominant force across the country in the 2016 election. We look forward to an exciting race and look forward to the opportunities for Millennial Republicans to engage with all candidates as they make campaign stops in Arizona over the coming months.” Contact: Chris Herring, President, (510) 861-9600, MaricopaCountyYR@gmail.com
· US Senate Candidate Alexander Meluskey Campaign: Our grassroots campaign is in full swing and we want to thank all the volunteers that are working hard to help elect a grassroots conservative that will fight for Arizona. There is always room for more help, so call the office at 480-659-2410 or visit the website and fill out the volunteer form with your specific areas of interest at www.meluskey.com. The calendar is filling up and many have expressed having Alex speak again at your district meetings and events. To get on our calendar please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office at 480-659-2410
· Meet CD1 Candidate Gary Kiehne: Kiehne graduated from the New Mexico State University with a Bachelors of Science in agriculture. He has worked as a livestock auction, drove a truck hauling cattle, and worked on his family’s ranch before beginning a career in the oil and gas industry. Kiehne currently owns three hotels in eastern Arizona. He also continues to work in the oil and gas industry and in his family’s farming and ranching operations. He is actively involved in his community and has worked hard to boost tourism, job creation, and economic growth in rural Arizona. Kliehne has three children. In his free time, he participates in team roping competitions. He is a Gold Card member of the Professional Rodeo Cowboys’ Association, a member of the United States Team Roping Association, and the World Series of Team Roping.
· Republican Phoenix Mayoral Candidate Anna Brennan will be on
ü 3 pm., Sat., Aug 8 - Rudi K's Mainstreet Out Loud radio show mainstreetoutloud.com
ü Noon, Wed, Aug 12 Telemundo at Noon on Wed, Aug 12. KTAZ TV channel 39.
ü 8 am, Thurs., Aug 13 - Pat MacMahon's Early Morning, AZTV channel 7/Cable 13
ü 8:30 am., Fri, Aug 14 - Channel 12 Square off.
Contact: Campaign manager Cecilia Marie 602-291-024 email@example.com
· The Sun City West Republican Club will meet at 8 a., Sat., Sept 5 at the Sun City West Foundations building (Quail Room) 14465 R.H. Johnson Blvd., Sun City West Arizona.The doors open at 8am with coffee and donuts. The meeting begins at 8:30 am. $2 admission to help with room rental. Speakers LD22 Senator Judy Burgess and Rep Phil Lovas. Contact:
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
· The Northwest Chapter of AZRA will hold their regular monthly meeting at 9:15 am, Sat, Aug 8 at 12975 W Bell Rd. Doors open at 9 am, mtg starts at 9:15 am. (The building just East of the Drivers Licence Station. The building sits perpendicular to Bell Rd) NW AZRA meets on the 2nd Saturday of every month at this same location. All Republicans are welcome - bring your neighbor, and see who we are and what we are up to Contact: Chairman Lyle Tuttle 623-451-6928 or Mark Tipping firstname.lastname@example.org 623-234-3882.
· LD 9 will meet at 9:30 am., Sat., Aug 8 at the La Paloma urgent care 4001 E Sunrise Dr. Tucson. For the remainder of this year. LD9 mtgs will be held the second Saturday of the month – Sept 12, Oct 10, Nov 14 and Dec 12. Contact: email@example.com (520) 321-1492
· LD 11 will meet at 10 am., Sat., Aug 8 in the Oro Valley Library. 1305 W Naranja Dr, Oro Valley AZ 85737. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (520) 321-1492.
· LD21 And LD22 Legislators are scheduled to attend the 9:15 am., Sat., Aug 8 meeting of the Northwest Chapter of the Arizona Republican Assembly at the Maricopa County Planning Department, 12975 W. Bell Road. Contact: Lyle Tuttle at 623-451-6928 or Mark Tipping at email@example.com or 623-234-3882.
· Former Sec of State Ken Bennett will address Arizona Project at 6:30 pm., Mon., Aug10 at 3375 E Shea Blvd., Phx. Contact: 602.677.1496
· St. Anne’s Respect Life Ministry invites you to join in praying the Rosary for Life at the Chandler Planned Parenthood, 610 N. Alma School Road, (Corner of Alma School Road and Galveston), each Monday, Aug 10, 17, 24, 31 at 8:15 am – 9:15 am. Contact: Genny Jones, 480-201-7198.
· The Western Pinal County Chapter of The Arizona Republican Assembly will meet at 6:30 pm., Mon., Aug 10 at Siegel Suites Select, 540 N. Cacheris Ct, Casa Grande, (½ mile west of I-10 on Florence Blvd.)/ CD1 candidate Gary Kiehne will speak. Contact: Jason Hayes 202-394-7202 firstname.lastname@example.org
· LD1 will meet at 7 pm., Aug 10 at Desert Hills Community Church, 34835 N 7th St, Phoenix, AZ PC training at 6:15 pm. Doors open at 6 pm. Contact: Chr Cathy Schwanke (Maricopa County) ld1azgopmc.com
· LD30 will meet at 7 pm., Aug 10 at Palm Shadows Recreation Center, 7300 N 51st Ave, Glendale, AZ, 85301
· Highway 69 Republicans will meet at 6 pm., Mon, Aug 10 in the rear dining room of the Puerta Vallarta Restaurant, 11901 E. Hwy 69, Dewey AZ, 86327to hear Prescott mayoral candidates Dan Fraijo and Harry Oberg and count officials Chip Davis and Tom Thurman address county issues . 5 pm., social house. RSVP for seating to June 899-3150 http://www.highway69republicans.com/
· The Ahwatukee Republican Women Breakfast Fundraiser With Governor Doug Ducey is scheduled at 7:30 am., Tues., Aug 11 at the Four Points by Sheraton Phoenix, 10831 S 51st St, Phoenix, AZ 85044. Cost: $25 Members/Associates · $30 Non-Members . Pre-registration required. Reservation Deadline: Tues., Aug. 4. Tickets: ahwatukeerepublicanwomen. VIP Sponsorship: Debbie Smith email@example.com 480-529-4828. Contact: Chr Loraine Pellegrino 480-460-7101
· Congressman Paul Gosar invited you to a ‘meet and greet’ between 5:30-7 pm., Tues., Aug 11 at the Sun City West Station 101, 19001 N Camino Del Sol, Sun City West, AZ 85375.
· The AzRA NC Chapter will meet at 11 am., Tues., Aug 11 at the Red Devil Restaurant, 3404 E Bell Road., Phoenix, AZ 85032. RSVP: Sparky.firstname.lastname@example.org
· LD29 will meet at 7 pm, Aug 11 at King And Associates Realty. 6006 N 82 Ave., with US Senate Candidate Kelli Ward. Contact: Chr Alan R Gaugert, Alan.email@example.com 623-877-3674.
· LD 26 will meet at 7 pm., Aug 11 at Mesa Utilities Building, 640 N Mesa Dr, Mesa, AZ, 85201 6:30pm Meet & Greet. Contact: http://azld26.com/
· LD13 will not meet Aug 11. Meetings will resume in Sept.
· Congresswoman Martha McSally’s staff will hold traveling office hours throughout CD2 in August and September. Staff will be available to assist constituents on issues ranging from veterans and immigration to Social Security and Medicare. No appointments necessary. Below is the full list of times, dates, and locations. See schedule:
· Aug 11, 10:30 am- noon, Sahuarita Town Hall, 375 W Sahuarita Cnt Way, Sahuarita.
· Aug 11, 10 am-1 pm., City Council Chamber, 425 E 10th St., Douglas.
· Aug 19, 10 am-2 pm., Schieffelin Hall, 402 E Fremont St., Tombstone.
· Aug 24, 11 am-2 pm., City Council Chambers, 120 W. 6th Street, Benson.
· Sept 17, 11 am-noon, Green Wally Council, 555 N LaCanada Dr #117, GreenValley.
· Contact: Tucson office (520) 881-3588 or Sierra Vista office (520) 459-3115.
· The Gila County Republican Reagan Dinner Fundraiser is scheduled at 6:15, Thurs., Aug 13 at Messinger’s Community Center, 901 S Westerly Rd., Payson, AZ. Speakers: Congressman Paul Gosar and Sec of State Michelle Reagan. Tickets: $40 each. For tickets contact: Payson - Shirley (928) 951-6774 or Nancy (928) 472-1172. Pine - Gary (602) 803-7366. Globe - Sam/Judy (928) 200-2017.
· LD18 will meet at 7 pm., Aug 13 at the Clarion Hotel Phoenix Tech Center, 5121 E. La Puente Ave., ( I-10 & Elliot Rd.) Phx 85044. Sign in at Information: http://ld18gop.com Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
· LD23 will meet at 7 pm., Thurs., Aug 13 at the Via Linda Senior Center, Scottsdale, AZ 85258. 6 pm prayer, 6:30 pm registration. Contact: http://www.ld23gop.org/
· LD12 will meet at 7 pm.,Thurs. ,Aug 13 at Gilbert Community Education Center, 6915 East Guadalupe Road, Mesa, AZ 85212. Contact: http://azld12.com/?page_id=35
· The Pima County Republican’s Executive Committee will meet at 5:30 pm., Thur., Aug 13 at 17 W. Wetmore, Suite 300, Tucson, AZ 85705. Contact: email@example.com (520) 321-1492
· The Gila County Republican “Reagan Fundraiser Dinner” is scheduled at 6:15 pm., Aug 13 at Messinger’s Community Room, 901 S Westerly Road, Payson with speakers Congressman Paul Gosar and Secretary of State Michelle Reagan. Cash bar opens at 5 pm. $40 each. Tickets: PAYSON: Shirley (928) 951-6774 and Nancy (928) 472-1172. PINE: Gary (602) 803-7366. GLOBE: Sam/Judy (928) 200-2017.
· The Foundation For Responsible Accountable Government – Summer Series – will be offered at 6 pm Aug 13 on the Pima County Bond Election at Miller-Golf Links Public Library, 9640 E Golf Links Rd, Tucson, AZ 85730, featuring Americans for Prosperity AZ State Director Tom Jenney, Pima County Bond Advisory Committee member Joe Boogaart and yet to be confirmed Chairman from ‘Yes on Pima County Bonds.’ See: Taxpayers Against Pima Bonds, pimabondfacts.com and Yes on Pima County Bonds, www.yesonpimacountybonds.com
· Laurie Roberts: Donald-Trump, Gop-Debate-Fox, Republican-Party 5 Reasons Republicans Need Smelling Salts After Trumped-Up Debate
· Maricopa-County-Health-District-Bond-Money Draws $106 Million In Bond Funds
· Robert Graham’s Staff Engages In GOP Intimidation Process servers attend MCRC EGC meeting
- Mayor Stanton: More Botched Financial Disclosures Greg Stanton’s Ongoing Pattern Of Questionable Filings
- See what the media are saying about the inquisition, uh, debate
- Carly Fiorina Introduces Herself to Chris Mathews
CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER will-
MYCHAL MASSIE (The Daily Rant)