- ► April (21)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ▼ August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
Monday – August 17, 2015
· The Ben Carson for US Presidential Rally scheduled Tues, Aug 18 has been moved to the Phoenix Convention Center, 100 N. 3rd St., Phoenix, AZ 85004, to accommodate the groundswell of people who want to attend. The rally is free and open to the public. Tickets: carson-arizona-rally-tickets The doors open at 5 pm. To volunteer go to BenCarson.Com It is directly across the street from the Hyatt Hotel - entrance on 2nd St. - on the ground floor in Hall #1. There is Phoenix City parking 1 block from the Hyatt Hotel.
· Arizona Freedom Alliance is running a multi-part series on what is hiding behind the Bush curtain. This series will show what the GOPe is counting on you to do. Check out Part 1 of the GOPe Roadmap. gope-2016-road-map-to-victory-tree-house-challenge
· Senate Conservatives Action President Ken Cuccinell sent out a plea for Republicans to urge Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) to defund Planned Parenthood. “Please continue to contact the Senate Republicans over the August break to urge them to oppose all funding for Planned Parenthood, even if they have to filibuster Senator McConnell's bill to do it,” Cuiccinell wrote. Click here for a list of senators and their phone numbers. He further wrote, “Among Republican voters, 60% believe that McConnell should force the president to defund Planned Parenthood using a "must-pass" appropriations bill compared to only 19% who believe he should try to persuade the president to sign separate legislation to defund the organization . It's no wonder Republicans are losing confidence in him at home. He promised them he would fight the president's agenda during the campaign last year, but now he's doing exactly the opposite.”
· Ann Corcoran On Refugee Resettlement Interesting 4 minute video on Muslim re-settlement in the US led by the UN from Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq and soon Syria.
· LD22 PC: Thanks For The Briefs highlighting the Republican registrations in Arizona. This will hopefully wake people up to the unhappiness true Conservatives have to the establishment candidates that are forced on us.
· Republicans Activist Are Wondering what happened to all those glowing reports of growing voter registrations that they’ve been fed by party leaders. When Secretary of State Michelle Regan’s voter registration report came out last week, alert activists were quick to note a 255 GOP voter increase while Independents are up 24,311. So where are all those new registered voters we’ve been told the AZGOP was getting??? One astute fellow pointed out that Republicans are actually down 6,883 since the beginning of the year.
Democrats Republicans Independent
Jan 2015 933,883 1,113,991 1,167,083
Jul 2015 922,120 1,107,108 1,191,394
Difference -11,763 -6,883 +24,311
The Yellow Sheet reports AZGOP Robert Graham as saying the Democrats are putting on a “shameful performance.” Better look in the mirror Chairman Graham, it doesn’t appear the GOP figures are anything to brag about. Independents are running circles around both the GOP and the Dems. See Active_Voter_Count.pdf and Michele Reagan report here.
· Senate Jeff Flake Couldn’t Have Missed The Full Page Ad that Christians United for Israel (www.cufi.org) took out in the Sunday AZ Rep (page 8A) directed to Flake that reads: “The American people increasingly oppose the nuclear deal with Iran. In fact, the more they learn about this deal, they less they like it.
This deal, provided Iran abides by it, will leave Iran as a nuclear threshold state, triggering a nuclear arms race in the region.
Iran is the largest state supporter of terrorism in the world, and this deal does not check Iran’s destabilizing activities in the region. In fact it will facilitate them by giving Iran $150 billion immediately, as well as lifting the ballistic missile sanctions and arms embargo.
Mr. Senator, this is a bad deal for America, for Israel, and for our Arab Allies in the Middle East. We want a better deal.
As Christian and State leaders of Arizona:
We DO NOT SUPPORT THIS DEAL!
We ask that you vote against this dangerous deal with Iran.
As pastors and leaders across Arizona, we approve this message.
The ad is signed by a list of names-- nearly 4 inches deep running across the width of page -- that are so tiny you can barely read them.
· Stonewalling? AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham still hasn’t responded to the July 21 Briefs reader question: How many county offices (throughout the state) is the AZGOP paying the rent on? Have they also been cut off? The question arose when Graham stopped payment on the rental check on the newly opened Maricopa County East Valley GOP office in late July. See 7-21-15-briefs.html
· St Joan of Arc Respect Life is sponsored an Aug 22 protest between 10-11am at the Planned Parenthood Office, 4751 N. 15th St., Phx. Participants are ask to bring signs. Speakers include Sen Nancy Barto, Dr Lori Carrillo, Father Don Kline, Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery, Congressman David Schweikert, AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham and Dr. CT Wright.
· Volunteers Are Needed To Help Call City Of Phoenix voting Republicans to oppose Prop-104 and elect Anna Brennan, the only Republican running for Mayor of Phoenix. If you wish to volunteer then please e-mail your name, phone number precinct name, e-mail and whether you are a precinct committee to Tom Kouts at email@example.com Kouts notes there are only seven days left before the election. You can bet the Democrats are not idle with the race this close.
· An Eastside Republican meeting is scheduled at 6:30 pm., Wed., Aug 19 at the Bear Canyon Library Community Room - 8959 E Tanque Verde in Tucson regarding "Taxpayers Against Pima Bonds" www.pimabondfacts.com/ . Contact: Parralee Schneider, 250-5073 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· A “Walk To Save Oak Flat” will be led by a mother and daughter duo at 6 am, Thurs, Aug 20, departing from the Safford Airport turnoff (just west of Superior) and walking the last seven miles to Oak Flat. Interested participants are welcome to join them. The walk is in protest of the Land Exchange Bill backed by Sen John McCain. Contact: www.walktosaveoakOlat.com and www.facebook,com/walktosaveoakOlat.
· A Grassroots Tea Party meeting is scheduled at 6:30 pm., Wed., Aug 19 at Denny’s Restaurant, 2717 E Bell Road., Phx. Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery will address a zero based budget, the second amendment, border issues and marijuana laws. RSVP to 602-993-3263.
· An Eastside Republican meeting is scheduled at 6:30 pm., Wed., Sept 16 in the Golf Links Library Community Room - 9640 E. Golf Links in Tucson Topic: TUSD Recall: What's the "Story", Who is running & Why a Recall. Contact: Parralee Schneider, 250-5073 OR email@example.com
· A Meet And Greet For Oro Valley mayoral and town council candidates is scheduled at 6:30 pm., Aug 22 at Molinito’s Restaurant, 10801 N Oracle. Hosted by Friends of the Candidates.
· The Tempe Republican Women will meet at 6:30 pm, Mon., Aug 24 at the Pyle Rec Center - 655 E Southern Ave, Tempe a presentation on “Islam in America and the role of the Constitution”. Local immigrants will share their stories on how the Islamic religion has impacted their lives in their home country and in America. A local expert about how US Constitution impacts the lives of Islam believers in America. Contact – President Jessica Merrow 480-306-2545. firstname.lastname@example.org
· Arizona Economic Forecast: Expect “Moderate Growth” Noted Valley economist Jim Rounds expects “moderate growth” in Arizona’s economy in the next year, anticipating continued expansion but no boom.
· Central Republican Women of Phoenix Summer Schedule changes:
ü August 25: City elections: Vote Anna Brennan and no on Prop 104
ü August 27: Fantastic Speaker, Free Market Warrior, Loren Spivak.
ü September: No CRWoP Meeting due to National Convention
ü Sept. 10-13th: National Federation of Republican Women Convention
For more information: https://ereg.biz/a/wpg/NFRW15/95
· Volunteers Are Needed For The Hospitality Suite at the National Federation of Republican Women Convention in September. Volunteers should contact Allison Mary email@example.com
· Congressman Martha McSally today released a blog post describing her recent trip to Israel, where she met with top Israeli and Palestinian. The trip comes before an anticipated vote in Congress next month on a proposed nuclear deal with Iran. McSally’s experiences HERE. During the trip, McSally also met with top Israeli rocket scientists who briefed the delegation on defense systems in place, like the Iron Dome, to protect civilians from rocket attacks and the role of Tucson employees in supporting those systems. More HERE.
· 305 Additional Emails From Hillary Clinton may contain classified information, according to State Department officials. “It doesn't mean that all 300 are going to end up at some level of upgrade. I suspect some will, and I suspect some won't," said a State Department spokesman. (Rosalind Helderman, Washington Post)
· Congressman Trent Franks, Constitution and Civil Justice Subcommittee Chairman, and House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.) today called on the Department of Justice (DOJ) to provide further information into the Department’s previous investigations into the altering of abortion procedures in order to obtain fetal body parts. The Judiciary Committee’s ongoing investigation into the acts of Planned Parenthood, and comes a month after Goodlatte and Franks sent a letter to Attorney General Loretta Lynch demanding further investigation by DOJ into potential violations of the Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act by Planned Parenthood. Recent videos featuring executives from Planned Parenthood discuss the sale and possible alteration of abortion procedures in order to gain intact fetal body parts. See letter here.
· Links To All 6 Planned Parenthood Videos
1st Planned Parenthood video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjxwVuozMnU
2nd Planned Parenthood video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjCs_gvImyw
3rd Planned Parenthood video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78Z9LUx7VBI
4th Planned Parenthood video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWQuZMvcFA8
Borrowed from Sandi Bartlett’s ‘Bartlett Bunker’
· Congresswoman Martha McSally is seeking nominations for Southern Arizona’s first Congressional Veterans of Distinction Award. The award recognizes veterans in CD2 who continue to exemplify the principles at the core of our military: duty, service and a commitment to a cause greater than any one individual. The Veterans of Distinction Award is open to any resident of Arizona’s 2nd Congressional District who has served in our armed forces. Individuals nominating veterans should print and fill out a nomination form mcsally.house.gov. Candidates and award winners will be announced at a 4:30 PM., Tues., Oct 13 reception at the Lindsey Auditorium at Southern Arizona Veterans Affairs Health Care System. Send nominations to the Tucson or Sierra Vista offices, fax at (520) 322-9490 or emailed to Abel Moreno at firstname.lastname@example.org. Nominations deadline is Fri, Sept 18, 2015.
· ‘Close the Primary Resolution Author A J LaFaro's email@example.com Upcoming Speaking Schedule:
ü Aug 20 –Thurs- 7 pm., LD25 Republican Committee, Mesa Utilities Building, 640 N Mesa Dr, Mesa AZ 85201.
ü Sept 12 – Sat – 10 am, LD11 Republican Committee, Oro Valley Libary, 1305 W Naranja Dr, Oro Valley AZ 85737.
ü Sept 19 - Sat – 9 am., LD14 Republican Committee, Victory Theater, 555 E Entertainment Ave, Safford, AZ 85546.
ü Sept 25 –Fri – 6:30 pm, Deer Valley Tea Party, Deer Valley Airport, 702 W Deer Valley Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85027.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
· Presidential Candidate Dr Ben Carson will address the public at a rally in his behalf at 6 pm., Tues., 18 in the Phoenix Convention Center, 100 N 3rd St., Phx. Tickets dr-carson-arizona-rally-tickets in Tempe. Door open at 5 pm.
· LD10 will meet at 6:30 pm., Tues, Aug 18 at the Elks Lodge. 615 S Pantano. Tucson, Arizona. They will not meet in December. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (520) 321-1492.
· LD13 Rep Darin Mitchell - Chairman of the House Ways & Means Committee and Vice Chairman of Agriculture, Water & Lands - will speak at the 6 pm., Aug 18 Daisy Mountain Tea Party in Anthem and at the 7 pm., Aug 25 Yuma County Republican in Yuma. Discussions to include Tax reform.
· The Arizona Corporation Commission has announced it will hold an open meeting at 10 am, Tues., Aug 18 and at 10 am, Wed., Aug 19. Open Meeting Notice.
· Fountain Hills AZ Tea Party will meet at 6:30 pm., Tues., Aug 18. (3rd Tues) 6:30 PM., Fountain Hills Unified School District Learning Center, 16000 E Palisades Blvd. (Palisades Blvd. & Golden Eagle Blvd.). Congressman David Schweikert will provide a update on critical issues in Washington. Free admission. Donations welcome. Contact: Richard Rutkowski email@example.com or www.fhteaparty.org
· Community meetings will be held on Gov Doug Ducey’s new plan for AHCCCS, at 12:30 pm and 3 pm., Aug 18 at the Disability Empowerment Center, 5025 E Washington St, Suite 200, Phoenix, AZ 85034. This is Ducey’s new Arizona’s healthcare program for low-income citizens, promotes personal responsibility and helps encourage able-bodied adults to transition into careers. Contact: LD21 Sen Debbie Lesko DLesko@azleg.gov or 602-926-5413.
· The Arizona Capitol Times Morning Scoop – Higher Education is scheduled at 7:15 am., Tues, Aug 18 at Alexi's Grill, 3550 N. Central Ave., Ste. 120, Phoenix. 6:45 am registration. 7:15 am panel discussion with panelists Glenn Hamer, President & CEO, Arizona Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Eileen Klein, President, Arizona Board of Regents and
Timothy Slottow, President, University of Phoenix. Moderator: Jim Small, Editor, Arizona News Service. Contact: Tracy Keller at (602) 889-7140 or firstname.lastname@example.org Reservations required • Complimentary continental breakfast provided RSVP HERE Seating limited to 100. Sponsored by: University of Phoenix, 1Government Procurement Alliance.
· Congresswoman Martha McSally’s staff will hold traveling office hours throughout CD2 in August and September. Staff will be available to assist constituents on issues ranging from veterans and immigration to Social Security and Medicare. No appointments necessary. Below is the full list of times, dates, and locations. See schedule:
ü Aug 19, 10 am-2 pm., Schieffelin Hall, 402 E Fremont St., Tombstone.
ü Aug 24, 11 am-2 pm., City Council Chambers, 120 W. 6th Street, Benson.
ü Sept 17, 11 am-noon, Green Wally Council, 555 N LaCanada Dr #117, GreenValley.
Contact: Tucson office (520) 881-3588 or Sierra Vista office (520) 459-3115.
· Freedom Fires meets every Wednesday at 6:30 pm at Burke Basic School, 131 E Southern Ave., Mesa. The August scheduled is:
ü Aug 19 – Nick Dranias of Compact for America
ü Aug 26 – Ammon Bundy
ü Sept 2 – John Laurie and Sam Paine of the Constitutional County Project.
· Sen Sylvia Allen and Supervisor Jason Whiting will conduct a Town Hall meeting to update citizens on current issues at 6:30 pm, Thurs, Aug 20 in the Snowflake Fire Station, 12 South 1st Street W, in Snowflake, AZ.
· LD15 will hold its 6:30 pm, Wed., Aug 19 meeting in the Arizona Project headquarters 3375 E Shea Blvd, Phx. Speaker: Congressman David Schweikert. Open to the public
· Breakfast With Rep Kate Brophy McGee And Heather Carter is scheduled at 7:30 am, Mon., Sept 21 at Chompie’s Deli, 4550 E Cactus Road., Phx.
· The Pima County Tea Party Patriots Presents Jeff Utsch’s “Learn From The Past-To Deal With The Future” - Practical Solutions for Recent Supreme Court Rulings – at 6 pm., Aug 20 at the Miller Golf Links Library in Tucson Contact: email@example.com (520) 321-1492
· The Republican Party of Mesa (LD-25) will meet at 7pm, Thurs., Aug 20 at the Mesa Utility Building 640 N. Mesa Dr. Mesa, AZ. Scheduled speakers:
ü A.J. LaFaro - Former MCRC Chairman,
ü Dan Saben - Candidate Maricopa County Sheriff
ü Alexander Meluskey Candidate US Senate.
Contact: Chr Ian Murray, Ian@DesignedForLife.com (602)524-7786
· Free US Constitution Classes are scheduled Aug 20, and 27 at the Northwest Community Church, 505 W Hardy Road., Tucson, AZ 85704. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Colorado River Tea Party –Yuma will met at 6 pm., Thur., Aug 20 with Yuma city council candidates and LD13 Rep Steve Montenegro, who is termed out and will be running for election as the LD13 Senator. LD13 Senator Don Shooter of Yuma will be running for election as a Representative in 2016. Contact: Chr Sally Kizer 928-210-1219 email@example.com www.coloradoriverteaparty.org
· Congressman Paul Gosar will address the Chino Valley Pachyderm meeting at 6 pm., Thurs., Aug 20 at the Prescott Golf & Country Club, 1030 Country Club Blvd., in Dewey. Doors open at 5 pm. Mtg at 6 pm. RSVP to Sue Goodchild at firstname.lastname@example.org or 636-7355 before Aug 19. Roger Reinsch will in charge this meeting in Goodchild’s absence. State Treasurer Jeff DeWit will be the September speaker. In October CQ will provide a session on ‘How to vet a candidate, run a campaign, work on a campaign or be a candidate. In December, Supt of School Diane Douglas will be the speaker.
· St Joan of Arc Respect Life is sponsoring a Planned Parenthood protest between 10-11 am, Sat., Aug 22 at Planned Parenthood Phoenix, 4751 N 15th St. Phoenix, AZ 85014 in conjunction with the National Day of Protest. Participants should bring signs. Speakers include Sen. Nancy Barto, US Rep. David Schweikert, County Atty Bill Montgomery, Fr. Don Kline, Dr. CT Wright, AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham. Contact Linda Rizzo, SJA Respect Life Chair, 480-766-6606 .
· The Wickenburg Republican Club will not meet in August. Meetings will resume in September, according to Chr Frosty Taylor. email@example.com
· LD13 Rep Darin Mitchell - Chairman of the House Ways & Means Committee and Vice Chairman of Agriculture, Water & Lands - will speak at the 7 pm., Aug 25 Yuma County Republican in Yuma. Discussions to include Tax reform.
· LD 17 will meet at 7 pm., Tues., Aug 25 for a panel discussion on Common Core and conduct a gun raffle at the Tri-City Baptist Church Seminary Bldg, 2211 W Germann Road, Chandler, AZ 85286, according to Chr Dr Shadow Asgari LD17shadow@gmail.com
· The Fountain Hills Republican Social is scheduled at 6 pm., the fourth Tues of each month. Strictly social, no speeches, no reservation, no host drinks/food. Events are scheduled for:
ü Aug 25: Desert Dave's old Digs, 13407 La Montana Drive
ü Sept 29 l: Alchemy at Copperwynd
ü Oct 27 l: Fireside Grill at Lexington Hotel
Announced Candidate Commentary
Please comply with the 300 word limit policy.
· Phoenix Mayoral Candidate Anna Brennan: We are in crunch time right now. Things are looking good on the campaign trail, but we still need your help. If you care about the City of Phoenix, please help Get Out The Vote for Anna Brennan. Phone banking is easy. The message quick and simple. Please contact me to get set up. It's not like it used to be and we're having great results. Walk your precincts if you prefer. We've got plenty of material. For a campaign update or to get involved. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Sen Candidate Kelli Ward: This is a matter of grave importance to pro-life conservatives. When the Planned Parenthood scandal first hit the news, John McCain talked tough, telling NPR, “I don't like a government shutdown, but this is a clear case of totally improper use of taxpayers' dollars.” THEN McCain immediately caved. His spokesman reassured The Phoenix New Times that McCain wouldn’t fight to defund Planned Parenthood and its baby organ harvesting operation: “Senator McCain never said he supported a government shutdown, and he agrees with Leader (Mitch) McConnell that there should not be a government shutdown this fall.” Senator McCain will say anything to get elected—even on an issue as important as Planned Parenthood selling aborted babies. This issue is crystal clear to me, as a physician, a mother, and a conservative. Congress MUST defund Planned Parenthood . help me fire John McCain I know some people are a little surprised by all this. Why won’t McCain fight for such an obvious, clear moral cause? That’s because John McCain VOTED FOR the law that allows Planned Parenthood to do “research” with aborted babies. It was the National Institutes of Health Revitalization Act, passed in 1993 to overturn Ronald Reagan’s moratorium on this kind of research. That’s right. John McCain tries to sound tough during a re-election year, but he voted for it. Have you had enough yet? If you want new leadership, join me. Let’s work together to shake up DC and the out-of-touch politicians who forget the difference between right and wrong.
· Ann Corcoran On Refugee Resettlement 4 Minute Video On Muslim Re-Settlement In The US Led By The UN From Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq And Soon Syria.
- AZ Republic Doggedly Committed To Its Own Demise Newspaper Recreates Itself As Sensational Entertainment Tabloid
- John Kasich Re: Illegals: “Let’s Not Pit One American Against Another” Ingraham Reminds Kasich, ‘But, They’re Not Americans, Governor”
- Who’s $Pending To Exert Political Influence? Record Amounts Spent By Three Top Lobbying Groups In Q2, 2015
· McCain-To-Photograph-Seeker Holding Protect ‘Oak Flat’ Sign, ‘Get Out Of Here, Now!’
MYCHAL MASSIE (The Daily Rant)
- How About A Little Compassion For We The People
- Please Tell Black Lives Matter To Shut Up And Go Away!
- Why Liberals Are Dangerous And Must Never Be In Charge
REPUBLICAN PARTY OF MARICOPA COUNTY
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no Border News Watch
JUDGE JEANINE PIRRO
JUDGE ANDREW NAPOLITANO
· Scott Walker battled protesters during his appearance at the Iowa State Fair. "I am not intimidated by you, sir, or anyone else out there," Walker told a heckler.
BILL AND HILLARY
DEMS AND LIBS
DEPT OF HOMELAND SECURITY