- ► June (28)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ▼ August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
Thursday – August 20, 2015
Quote of the Day: “Oh, you mean kind of like the signs that are right outside my door? That kind of provocative?” - State Treasurer Jeff DeWit, on whether handing informational packets explaining his opposition to Gov Doug Ducey’s land trust reform to congressional delegates was a provocative thing to do.
· Condolences To Barry Wong’s family. Barry’s Mother, Choi Youn Wong, has passed away. Visitation will be from 5-7 pm, Fri., Aug 28 at Moore-Grimshaw Mortuary, 710 W. Bethany Home Road, Phoenix. Funeral Services & Internment will be private at the request of her family.
· Condolences To LD6 Rep Brenda Barton and her family on the sudden death of her husband, Bruce, a long-time Republican activist. Cards may be sent to Rep Brenda Barton, c/o Arizona House of Representatives, 1700 W. Washington Street, Suite H, Phoenix, AZ. 85007, according to Legislative Assistant April Riggins. Services plans will be announced later.
· Tom Kouts Is Asking For Volunteers For The Three Days to make phone calls in opposition of Prop 104 – the 35 year, $30 billion tax increase. Mayor Stanton changed a word – from will to may - in Prop 104 at the last second! Kouts urges your Vote No, at one of Phoenix's 29 regional voting centers:
ü Sat August 22 10am-4pm
ü Mon Aug 24 9am-6pm
ü Tue Aug 25 6-7pm
· Long-time Republican activist Art Jacobs of Tempe, a former (old LD26) precinct committeeman and retired US Air Force Major (22 years service) has written his true-life story of “an American boy betrayed by his Government during WWII” in an effort to get Congress to acknowledge what happened to interned German Americans. The Prison Call Hohenasperg tells the story of his survival as a young American-born boy of German parentage, whose family was interned, then transferred and imprisoned in Germany and how he fought his way back to the US:
“Unknown to most Americans, more than 10,000 Germans and German Americans were interned in the United States during WWII. This story is about the internment of a young American and his family. He was born in the U.S.A. and the story tells of his perilous path from his home in Brooklyn to internment at Ellis Island, N.Y. and Crystal City, Texas, and imprisonment, after the war, at a place in Germany called Hohenasperg.
“When he arrived in Germany in the dead of winter, he was transported to Hohenasperg in a frigid, stench-filled, locked, and heavily guarded, boxcar. Once in Hohenasperg, he was separated from his family and put in a prison cell. He was only 12 years old! He was treated like a Nazi by the U.S. Army guards and was told that if he didn't behave he would be killed. He tried to tell them he was an American, but they just told him to shut up. His fellow inmates included high-ranking officers of the Third Reich who were being held for interrogation and denazification.”
Jacobs said, “I am 82. I have been trying to get Congress to act on this for years. I do not want money, I do not want an apology; what I would like to see happen is for German American victims of internment to get equal time and space from the Library of Congress, the National Archives, and the National Park Service. Just recently I sent both Sen John McCain and Sen Jeff Flake requesting equal treatment by those agencies.”
In his efforts to get equal time/treatment, he has composed these 12 questions:
1. Did you know that 300,000 permanent resident German Americans were declared as “Enemy Aliens,” with the stroke of a pen, during World War II?
2. Did you know that the “Enemy Aliens” were fingerprinted and had mug shots taken like criminals; they were prohibited from flying; they were prohibited from leaving their neighborhood; and they were prohibited from having cameras, rifles, shotguns, and small arms in their possession?
3. Did you know that some 30,000 (this is a floor, not a ceiling) German Americans were arrested and interned by the FBI and Department of Justice?
4. Did you know that Constitutional Rights were violated?
5. Did you know that thousands of German Americans were deported, repatriated, expatriated and exchanged with our then enemy Germany---this took place while Germany was under siege by the Armed Forces of the United States?
6. Did you know that hundreds, perhaps even a thousand or more, of German Americans, naturalized citizens, were denaturalized by the courts?
7. Did you know that U.S.-born children and infants were sent into harm’s way when they were expatriated and exchanged with our enemy, Germany, for POWS, diplomats, and persons caught behind enemy lines?
8. Did you know that one or more of the foregoing actions destroyed German American families?
9. Did you know that many were incarcerated for more than three years after the war had ended?
10. Did you know that the Government of the United States has not enacted, not one Public Law for the German American victims of internment?
11. Did you know that many German American and Japanese American victims were incarcerated in the same internment camps?
12. Did you know that the Government of the United States enacted 11 Public Laws for the Japanese American victims?
“In spite of the fact that German-Americans have helped build the United States of America, and in wars have given their lives for this great country, they have suffered anti-German discrimination during both world wars… and it continues today,” he said. His book can be purchased at Amazon, Barnes and Noble or go to http://www.universal-publishers.com/book.php?method=ISBN&book=1581128320
· St Joan of Arc Respect Life is sponsoring a Planned Parenthood protest between 10-11 am, Sat., Aug 22 at across the street from Planned Parenthood Phoenix, 4751 N 15th St. Phoenix, AZ 85014 in conjunction with the National Day of Protest. It will extend on 15th Street, South of Camelback Road, on tohe SW corner of Pierson/15th St., Participants should bring signs. Speakers include Sen. Nancy Barto, US Rep. David Schweikert, County Atty Bill Montgomery, Fr. Don Kline, Dr. CT Wright, AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham. Contact Linda Rizzo, SJA Respect Life Chair, 480-766-6606. Guidelines: .
ü The street will be closed to traffic. Parking is not provided and is on your own. Ppark your vehicle away from the location so as not to cause any congestion.
ü Gather on the west side, not on the sidewalk on the east side nor on Planned Parenthood's property.
ü Refrain from littering and consider helping with clean up afterward.
ü This is a peaceful protest. Please keep it that way.
ü There will be a counter-protest by Planned Parenthood supporters across the street on the Planned Parenthood side. The Phoenix Police department has been notified and will be present during the event.
· The Center For Arizona Policy is urging Americans to join the Sat., Aug 22 protests against Planned Parenthood’s harvesting of aborted baby parts. CAP is not an organizer of the protests. See ProtestPP website. nearest ProtestPP location is to you.Protests planned in Arizona:
ü Chandler – 9-11 am., Planned Parenthood, 610 N Alma School Road (map)
ü Flagstaff - 9-11 am, Planned Parenthood, 2500 S Woodlands Village Boulevard (map)
ü Glendale – 9-11 am, Planned Parenthood, 5771 W Eugie (map)
ü Phoenix – 10-11 am, Planned Parenthood Office, 4751 N 15th Street (map)
ü Tempe – 9-11 am, Planned Parenthood, 1250 E Apache Boulevard (map)
ü Tucson – 9-10 am, 2120 N Beverly Avenue (map)
· The AZGOP West Valley Office Tuesday Coffee Group will meet with AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham between 9:30-11:30 am at 10040 W Bell Road #49, Sun City. In the absence of Ted Farmer, Tom Scanlan and Ed Freund are sharing the time as discussion facilitators.
· Challenger Kelli Ward Tops McCain In Poll In One America’s new poll for Arizona, using independent polling service Gravis Marketing shows that long-time Senator “John Mccain” could be in a difficult battle to reclaim his senate seat.
· Pima County Republicans will canvas neighborhoods for Republican City Council Candidates Margaret Burkholder, Kelly Lawton, and Bill Hunt between 9-11 am, starting at Sat., Aug 22 at McDonalds- 1187 W Irvington Rd (Irvington & I19). RSVP: Matt 520-321-1492 - or - firstname.lastname@example.org
· Congressman Matt Salmon will be conducting a series of open to the public Town Halls over the next two weeks in Arizona. Pre-registration not required. RSVP to (480) 699-8239 so his staff can plan adequate seating.
ü Tues., Aug 25 – 10-11 am, Evident Life Church, 415 N Gilbert Rd., Gilbert, AZ 85234.
ü Wed., Aug 26 – 6-7pm, Tri-City Baptist Church, 2211 W Germann Rd., Chandler, AZ 85286.
ü Tues, Sept 1 – 6-7 pm, Queen Creek Public Library, 21802 S Ellsworth Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142.
· Arizona Project Chairman Ron Ludders: Who says the grassroots can't organize? We receive a phone call and were asked to locate a venue and organize a 1,000 folks rally for Dr. Ben Carson, Republican candidate for President. We were given one week’s notice to make this happen. Numerous grassroots organizations and activists were mobilized and asked to promote and participate in the rally. We were shocked and amazed at the grassroots response and the number of volunteers who helped grow Dr. Ben Carson event from 1,000 to 12,000 participants. A grateful THANKS to all who made this the biggest Arizona event of the Presidential election season. - Ron Ludders, Event Coordinator
· Sen John McCain and Mike Broomhead, host of the “The Mike Broomhead Show” on Phoenix radio station 550 KFYI, will hold an “open town hall” meeting with Arizona veterans at 2 pm., Thurs., Aug 27 at the Phoenix Burton Barr Central Library, Pulliam Auditorium, 1221 N Central Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85004. McCain will provide an update on Congressional efforts to reform the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). On May 9, 2014, McCain and Broomhead hosted a veterans town hall, where the families of four veterans who passed away from the VA’s mismanagement recalled stories of the agency’s denied and delayed care of their loved ones.
· Phoenix Regional Voting Centers for Tues, Aug 25 City of Phoenix elections: Hours of Operation
ü Sat 8-22 10 am-4 pm
ü Mon 8-24 9 am-6 pm
ü Tue 8-25 6 am-7 pmES DE LOS CENTROS DE VOTACIÓN
VOTING CENTER LOCATION
- Black Mountain Police Precinct 33355 N. Cave Creek Rd.
- Goelet A.C. Beuf Community Center 3435 W. Pinnacle Peak Rd.
- Deer Valley Community Center 2001 W. Wahalla Ln.
- North Valley Baptist Church 2109 E. Rose Garden Ln.
- Mountain View Community Center 1104 E. Grovers Ave.
- Paradise Valley Community Center 17402 N. 40th St.
- Hampton Inn & Suites 16620 N. Scottsdale Rd.
- Our Lady of Czestochowa Parish 2828 W. Country Gables Dr.
- Mesquite Branch Library 4525 E. Paradise Village Pkwy. North
- Trinity Bible Church 3420 W. Peoria Ave.
- Sunnyslope Community Center 802 E. Vogel Ave.
- Helen Drake Senior Center 7600 N. 27th Ave.
- North Phoenix Baptist Church 5757 N. Central Ave.
- Pendergast Community Center 10550 W. Mariposa St.
- Maryvale Community Center 4420 N. 51st Ave.
- Devonshire Senior Center 2802 E. Devonshire Ave.
- Desert West Community Center 6501 W. Virginia Ave.
- Adam Diaz Senior Center 4115 W. Thomas Rd.
- 2705 Building, Natural Resource Div. 2705 N. 15th Ave.
- Memorial Presbyterian Church 4141 E. Thomas Rd.
- Burton Barr Central Library 1221 N. Central Ave.
- Phoenix City Hall 200 W. Washington St.
- Pilgrim Rest Baptist Church 1401 E. Jefferson St.
- Estrella Mountain Police Precinct 2111 S. 99th Ave.
- City Clerk Dept. Customer Service Ctr. 2640 S. 22nd Ave.
- Broadway Heritage Neighborhood Res. Ctr. 2405 E. Broadway Rd.
- South Mountain Community Center 212 E. Alta Vista Rd.
- Cesar Chavez Branch Library 3635 W. Baseline Rd.
- Pecos Community Center 17010 S. 48th St.
· The Republican Club GV/Sahuarita and the Sahuarita Tea Party Patriots will conduct roundtable discussion on "Taking Back America with Boots on the Ground" at 5 pm., Sat., Sept 12 at the Cow Palace, I-19, Exit 48 from North or South bound. $30per person More Information
· Sen John McCain will hold an employee town hall (employees only, not open to the public) At 1 pm., Mon., Aug 24 at Raytheon Missile Systems In Tucson On Monday.
· Arizona Freedom Alliance is running a multi-part series on what is hiding behind the Bush curtain. This series will show what the GOPe is counting on you to do. Check out Part 1 of the GOPe Roadmap. gope-2016-road-map-to-victory-tree-house-challenge
· Ann Corcoran On Refugee Resettlement Interesting 4 minute video on Muslim re-settlement in the US led by the UN from Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq and soon Syria.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
· St Joan of Arc Respect Life is sponsoring a Planned Parenthood protest between 10-11 am, Sat., Aug 22 at Planned Parenthood Phoenix, 4751 N 15th St. Phoenix, AZ 85014 in conjunction with the National Day of Protest. Participants should bring signs. Speakers include Sen. Nancy Barto, US Rep. David Schweikert, County Atty Bill Montgomery, Fr. Don Kline, Dr. CT Wright, AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham. Contact Linda Rizzo, SJA Respect Life Chair, 480-766-6606 .
· A Meet And Greet For Oro Valley mayoral and town council candidates is scheduled at 6:30 pm., Aug 22 at Molinito’s Restaurant, 10801 N Oracle. Hosted by Friends of the Candidates.
· The Wickenburg Republican Club will not meet in August. Meetings will resume in September, according to Chr Frosty Taylor. email@example.com
· The Tempe Republican Women will meet at 6:30 pm, Mon., Aug 24 at the Pyle Rec Center - 655 E Southern Ave, Tempe a presentation on “Islam in America and the role of the Constitution”. Local immigrants will share their stories on how the Islamic religion has impacted their lives in their home country and in America. A local expert about how US Constitution impacts the lives of Islam believers in America. Contact – President Jessica Merrow 480-306-2545. firstname.lastname@example.org
· LD13 Rep Darin Mitchell - Chairman of the House Ways & Means Committee and Vice Chairman of Agriculture, Water & Lands - will speak at the 7 pm., Aug 25 Yuma County Republican in Yuma. Discussions to include Tax reform.
· Phoenix City Councilman Bill Gates is planning an election night party between 5:30-8 pm, Aug 25 at North Mountain Brewing, 522 E Dunlap Ave., Phx., AZ 85020. RSVP to Crystal Bradley at 602.339.0831 or email@example.com.
· Central Republican Women of Phoenix Summer Schedule changes:
ü August 25: City elections: Vote Anna Brennan and no on Prop 104
ü August 27: Fantastic Speaker, Free Market Warrior, Loren Spivak.
ü September: No CRWoP Meeting due to National Convention
ü Sept. 10-13th: National Federation of Republican Women Convention
For more information: https://ereg.biz/a/wpg/NFRW15/95
· LD 17 will meet at 7 pm., Tues., Aug 25 for a panel discussion on Common Core and conduct a gun raffle at the Tri-City Baptist Church Seminary Bldg, 2211 W Germann Road, Chandler, AZ 85286, according to Chr Dr Shadow Asgari LD17shadow@gmail.com
· The Fountain Hills Republican Social is scheduled at 6 pm., the fourth Tues of each month. Strictly social, no speeches, no reservation, no host drinks/food. Events are scheduled for:
ü Aug 25: Desert Dave's old Digs, 13407 La Montana Drive
ü Sept 29 l: Alchemy at Copperwynd
ü Oct 27 l: Fireside Grill at Lexington Hotel
· Central Republican Women Of Phoenix will meet August 27 with nationally recognized Free Market Warrior Loren Spivak. Social at 5:30 pm. $22 per dinner. RSVP: Tina Shaw firstname.lastname@example.org or 623-934-9730. A reservation made is a reservation paid. Contact info: email@example.com (602) 252-6300).
· Ben-Carson Calls For More-Militarized-On Border-During Arizona-Visit Meets With Cochise County Ranchers, Leaders
· How-US-Sugar-Policies-Just-Helped-America-Lose-600-Jobs Oreo’s Moving To Mexico
· IG-Data-Illegal-Alien-Work-Permits-Issued-After-Injunction ‘Unreliable’
· Ben Carson’s Phoenix Rally: Record-Breaking Crowd Anti-Washington Fervor Thrusts Political Outsiders Trump, Carson, Fiorina To Prominence
· McCain Embarrassed Again: Chased Off Navajo Nation Navajo Activists Shout At McCain: “Get Off Our Land”
MYCHAL MASSIE (The Daily Rant)
REPUBLICAN PARTY OF MARICOPA COUNTY
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no Border News Watch
WAR ON WOMEN
· Another-Judge-Orders-Inquiry-Into-Hillary-Clintons-Emails Says Case Wouldn't Be Looming If 'Employee Had Followed Government Policy'
· Chesty-Puller-Home For Sale You Can Buy The Home Of Legendary Marine Gen. ‘Chesty’ Puller
· 'Completely-Betrayed' The Family Of A General Killed In An Insider Attack Doesn't Accept The Army's Investigation
JUDGE JEANINE PIRRO
JUDGE ANDREW NAPOLITANO
BILL AND HILLARY