- ► June (22)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ▼ August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
Wednesday – August 26, 2015
· Eleanor Bentsen, a prominent Fountain Hills Republican aka “the rock of the town” has passed away. Detail tba.
· A Memorial Service For The Mother of Superintendent of Public Instruction Diane Douglas’ will take place at 10 am, Thur., Aug 27 at Advent Episcopal Church, 13150 Spanish Garden Drive, Sun City West, AZ 85375. A reception at the church including light refreshments will follow the service. Douglas would like to express her sincere gratitude for the support and words of comfort she has received through this difficult time.
· Dow Surges More Than 600 Points, snapping a 6-day losing streak with the biggest daily point gain since 2008.
· Harry Oberg was elected Prescott City Mayor yesterday.
· National Republican Congressional Committee’s NRCC presidential straw-poll
· Dems Push Bill In Congress To Require Gun Insurance Under Penalty Of Fine A New York Democratic lawmaker is behind a national push that would force gun owners to buy liability insurance or face a $10,000 fine.
· National Poll Results Gravis Marketing, a nonpartisan research firm, conducted a random survey of 3,567 registered voters across the U.S. regarding the performance and opinions of presidential candidates. The poll has a margin of error of ± 2%. The total may not round to 100% because of rounding. The polls were conducted using IVR technology and weighted by gender. The poll was conducted for One America News Network.
· U.S., Canada Only Two Developed Nations to Grant Birthright Citizenship The U.S. and Canada are the only two economically-developed nations that grant birthright citizenship to illegal alien offspring.
· Arrowhead Republican Women will meet Wed, Sept 16 at Briarwood Country Club, 20800 N. 135th Ave., Sun City West. Loren Spivack, known as the "Free Market Warrior" for his teaching conservative groups about free market economics, will address the group. Check-in at 10:45am, meeting at 11:30am. Reservation required. Cost is $20 payable by cash or check at the door. Reservations must be made through email@example.com or http://arrowheadrw.weebly.com/luncheons. Arrowhead Republican Women is open to Republican women registered to vote in AZ - Republican men may join as associate members.
· Gov Doug Ducey today announced that Arizona will sever its relationship with private prison operator Management & Training Corporation (MTC) at the Arizona State Prison Kingman Complex following riots there in July. He has also instructed the Arizona Department of Corrections to assess operations at all private prisons throughout Arizona. See Ducey’s remarks at press conferenc, here.
· Tea Party Patriots Will Bombard Congressman’s offices in Washington, DC on Thurs., Aug 27 in opposition of President Obama’s Iran Deal. Congressional Offices
· The Deadline Is Thurs., Aug 27 to register for the Sept 10-13 National Federation of Republican Women Convention and election of new officers at the J W Marriott Desert Ridge Resort. Phoenix. No registrations at the door. Contact Kathy Dolge: Arrangements@azfrw.com. Other committee chairman you might need to contact:
ü Airport Greeters-Laura Phipps 480-759-5570
ü Registration Area-Carol Wilson 480-460-0680
ü Concierge Areas-Bonnie Hochberg 623-547-6776
Bag Stuffing Team-Carmel Scharenbroich 623-399-3168
· The RNC Is Recruiting A Select Group Of Grassroots Leaders for our fall fellowship training program. And you could be one of them. Apply today to join the Republican Leadership Initiative. RLI is a six-week training program designed to equip you with the tools necessary to lead successful volunteer efforts. As a Fellow, you'll work alongside top GOP field staff, use cutting-edge political technology and gain exposure to winning campaign strategies. Spots are limited. Secure yours by applying today.
· Sen John McCain schedule:
Thurs., Aug 27:
ü 9 am - Employee town hall at Magellan Health in Scottsdale
ü 11 am - Opening Remarks at Launch of Arizona State University’s U.S.-Pakistan Centers for Advanced Studies in Energy
ü 2 pm - Veterans town hall with KFYI’s Mike Broomhead at Burton Barr Central Library, 1221 N Central Ave., Phx.
Fri, Aug 28:
ü 7:30 am - Valley Partnership Breakfast and Employee town HAll at Orbital ATK Satellite Manufacturing Facility in Gilbert.
· Congressman Matt Salmon will be conducting a series of open to the public Town Halls over the next two weeks in Arizona. Pre-registration not required. RSVP to (480) 699-8239 so his staff can plan adequate seating.
ü Tues, Sept 1 – 6-7 pm, Queen Creek Public Library, 21802 S Ellsworth Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142.
· LD23 Rep Jay Lawrence is collecting signatures to retain his seat in the Arizona House of Representatives. If you live in Fountain Hills, Scottsdale or Rio Verde, he asks that you go to http://ld23jaylawrence.com/ and follow the instructions to sign my petition.
· Long-Time GOP Activist Joe Borrajero: AZRRT Call To Action -- Reports have been surfacing regarding the apparent widespread use of ballot harvesting regarding the current Phoenix city election. This practice is perfectly legal, however... It would have been outlawed by Senate bill SB1340 introduced by Senator Don Shooter during the 2015 AZ Legislative Session, but that bill failed. It passed in the Senate pretty much along party lines, but was killed by Heather Carter in the House Elections Committee when she joined Democrats in defeating it. Links that provide more information regarding this activity:
If you think that the practice of ballot harvesting is wrong, then you should do the following:
o Contact state senators and representatives, and suggest that they introduce and/or support legislation to stop the practice of ballot harvesting.
Before The Legislative Session Opens In January:
o Subscribe to the AZ Legislature Information System (ALIS) Request to Speak program (RTS) so that you can have a voice in the legislative process. How to Use ALIS
o Request to be placed in the distribution lists of various watchdog organizations, like AZRRT, AFA, AZDI, AFP, and others.
o Take lessons from the Center for Self Governance, on how to become an effective citizen-lobbyist.
· The Arizona Game and Fish Department and Tread Lightly! will host a special event Nov. 7 to help raise awareness of the importance of protecting access and enhancing outdoor recreational opportunities, such as recreational shooting, off-highway vehicle (OHV) use, and camping.A fun-shoot, barbecue dinner, raffles, and live and silent auctions are planned at the Arizona State Credit Union Pavilion, located at the Ben Avery Shooting Facility in Phoenix. Proceeds will be used to help fund the long-term implementation strategies of the “Respected Access is Open Access in Arizona” campaign. Tickets are available online at www.tinyurl.com/respectedaccess. The cost of the fun-shoot (which includes targets and two boxes of ammunition) and dinner, catered by Bobby Q restaurant, is $75 before Oct. 15, then $100 after Oct. 15. The cost of only the dinner, which includes beverages and a door-prize raffle ticket, is $50 before Oct. 15, then $60 after Oct. 15. For more information about the fundraiser, call (800) 966-9900, Ext. 13, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the “Respected Access is Open Access in Arizona” campaign, visit www.respectedaccessarizona.org.
· The Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL) needs volunteers to work a recruiting table during the 30th Annual Gun Rights Policy Conference in Phoenix on Sept 25, 26 & 27. Set-up starts at noon on Fri, Sept 25. In addition to assembling information packets, there will be some work involved in arranging tables, posting banners, etc. email to Fred (email@example.com) or Ed (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule your shift.
· Angry At The Treatment Of Veterans and what they view as a lack of support from Sen. John McCain, plans are underway for a Huge-Convoy-Of-Veterans, Militia-And-Oathkeepers-To-March-On-McCains-Office-Sept-5 Preliminary plans are for the convoy to leave Cincinnati, OH on Sept 1 with “meet up” stops in
ü Louisville, Ky,
ü St Louis, Missouri
ü Springfield, Missouri
ü Tulsa, Oklahoma
ü Amarillo, Texas
ü Albuquerque, New Mexico,
ü Phoenix, Arizona (Arrive Sept 4)
· Kelli-Ward-Beats-John-McCain-In-New-AZ-Poll Ward was the choice of 45 percent of the registered Arizona voters polled, while McCain only garnered 36 percent. 1,271 of the more than 1,400 voters polled say they intend to vote in the 2016 primary election. Approximately one fifth remained undecided at this early stage of the race.
· McCain_In_Big_Trouble_For_GOP_Primary We won't be fooled again ... “John McCain's troubles with conservatives have him in a whole lot of trouble for reelection next year. Even among Republican primary voters just 41% approve of the job he's doing to 50% who disapprove. Only 37% of primary voters say they generally support him for re-nomination, compared to 51% who say they would prefer someone 'more conservative.'”
· The Arrowhead Republican Women September Luncheon has delayed for one week in lieu of the National Republican Women’s Convention scheduled in Phoenix in September. See convention details http://www.arizona2015.com/)
· Arizona Freedom Alliance is running a multi-part series on what is hiding behind the Bush curtain. This series will show what the GOPe is counting on you to do. Check out Part 1 of the GOPe Roadmap. gope-2016-road-map-to-victory-tree-house-challenge
· The Lincoln Republican Women’s Self Defense Seminar is scheduled at 10 am., Sat., Oct 24 at the New McCormick Resort, 7401 N Scottsdale Rd., Scottsdale, featuring marshall arts demonstrations, pepper spray and tazer use and how to use a gun for proper self-defense. $25 per person. Reservations required. RSVP to Judy Eisenhower 480-941-8162 or email@example.com
· Wake up America. Wake up Arizona:
ü Ann Corcoran - IA National Security Action Summitt Islamics invading America as refugees via church resettlement programs.
ü Ann Corcoan Talks About Refuge Settlement Problem refugees infiltrating America. American security at stake.
ü US-Cities-Secretly-Selected-For-Muslim-Immigration request for information ignored
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
· LD 4 And The Estrella Conservative Republic Club will meet at 7 pm., Wed., Aug 26 at Estrella Foothills High School, 13033 S.Estrella Pkwy. Goodyear, AZ 85338, to hear US Senate candidates Kelli Ward and Alexander Meluskey. Contact: Richard Newcomer 623 - 398-5638.
· Ammon Bundy, whose family faced off the BLM in Utah over a year ago, will address the American Academy for Constitutional Education (AAFCE) starting at 6:30 pm., Wed., Aug 26 at the Burke Basic School. Hear the Bundy story, get an update, and hear about some of the other big issues they are facing. See More
· Central Republican Women Of Phoenix will meet August 27 with nationally recognized Free Market Warrior Loren Spivak. Social at 5:30 pm. $22 per dinner. RSVP: Tina Shaw firstname.lastname@example.org or 623-934-9730. A reservation made is a reservation paid. Contact info: email@example.com (602) 252-6300).
· The AZ Republican Lawyers Association (AzRLA) lunch at 11:30 am, Tues., Sept 1 at the Hyatt Regency Phoenix, 122 N. Second St., Phx, 85004 to hear Sen John McCain. $20 for members, $35 for non-members. One hour of CLE provided. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org You will receive a confirmation email in response.
· The Sun City West Republican Club will meet at 8 a., Sat., Sept 5 at the Sun City West Foundations building (Quail Room) 14465 R.H. Johnson Blvd., Sun City West Arizona.The doors open at 8am with coffee and donuts. The meeting begins at 8:30 am. $2 admission to help with room rental. Speakers LD22 Senator Judy Burgess and Rep Phil Lovas. Contact: cell: 602-421-8877
· LD13 Will Resume meeting at 7 pm., Sept 8 at the PebbleCreek Tuscany Falls Clubhouse Chianti Rm, 16222 Clubhouse Drive in Good year to hear former Secretary of State Ken Bennett. Bennett has announced his candidacy for CD1. Contact: Chr Wally Campbell 623-451-1100.
· The Sun Lakes Republican Club will meet at 6:30 pm., Tues., Sept 8. in the Arizona Room at Sun Lakes Country Club, 25601 N. Sun Lakes Blvd., Sun Lakes, AZ 85248 to hear "The Free Market Warrior" Loren Spivack and Maricopa County Supervisor Denny Barney. Contact Mike Tennant, 480-802-0178.
· Congressman Trent Franks is listed among the speakers for the ACT for America National Conference and Legislative Briefing scheduled the week of Sept. 8 and 9 in Washington, DC. Other speakers include Brigitte Gabriel, Bill Whittle, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, and many others. Registration: contact Lauren Finney at email@example.com.)
Announced Candidate Commentary
Please comply with the 300 word limit policy.
· US Senate Candidate Kelli Ward: The good conservatives over at Breitbart has dropped some big news about this Senate race: a new poll of Arizona Republicans shows me beating John McCain by 9 points. Republican Primary voters are tired of John McCain. They’re tired of his support for radical left policies like amnesty, always raising the debt ceiling, crazy spending, and more. That’s why the Arizona Republican Party censured McCain for being too liberal!
But make no mistake: it is very early in this race. John McCain is going to bring out the big guns to attack me. He’s going to call in all his favors from lobbyists and big-money political donors. He will do and say whatever it takes to get re-elected. That’s what career politicians do.
I need your help to keep up our momentum. We need to get this message to as many voters as possible. I’m not afraid of John McCain, and I know you aren’t either. Let’s retire McCain. As long as I have your support, I won’t stop fighting for you, our country, and our Constitution. See Breitbart’s piece the poll here.
· US Senate Candidate Clair Van Steenwyk: I’ve been told I’m not going to be asked to or welcome at the LD 4 And The Estrella Conservative Republic Club that met at 7 pm., Wed., Aug 26 at Estrella Foothills High School in Goodyear, to hear US Senate Candidates Kelli Ward and Alexander Meluskey. Contact: Richard Newcomer LD 4 Chair 623 - 398-5638.
My Campaign has contacted Mr. Newcomer by Emails followed with phone calls asking to be scheduled at LD 4. Chair Newcomer gave no response. I called and he stated clearly I won’t be invited. My scheduler also called on 8/23/15 asking to take part. Response from LD 4 Chair Newcomer; not interested and he hung up on him. I’d spoken to all LD Chairs at a monthly meeting in July, asking to speak at their LDs and handed out contact information, followed up with emails and calls; to date positive responses 7, maybe 1, no response 11, Definite No LD 4. PCs and active registered voters need to know. I’ve been through this GOP operation before with (Sen Jeff) Flake & (Rep Trent) Franks when LDs refused to invite me to speak. Unity is being preached at National, State and County GOP Levels. Party elected officials, many elected officials don’t abide by the GOP Platform which includes the US Constitution of which the 1st Amendment is still part. I hosted AM Radio Programs; events and forums all candidates were included, as decisions must be left to voters not host, GOP, LDs, clubs or groups. Mr. Trump was asked recently about loyalty to GOP, he responded depends on GOP treating me fairly or unfairly must apply to all candidates and should be given equal time, not full program to one and 3 minutes to another in or out of office. Clair Van Steenwyk www.vanussente.com / 623-322-9979
· Rep-Paul-Gosar-Addresses-Health-Rumors: 'I'm As Healthy As A Horse'
· Dr-Kelli-Ward-Candidate-For-US-Senate Polling 9 Points Ahead Of McCain
REPUBLICAN PARTY OF MARICOPA COUNTY
· Big-Name-Republican-To-Jump-In-Race-Challenge-Trump Mitt Romney To Jump In Race, Challenge Trump? Former Adviser To The Donald Says 2012 Nominee Thinking About Running
· Report: Every Deported Illegal Household Saves Taxpayers This Staggering Amount Of Cash …Americans Would Recoup Nearly 3/4 Of A Million Dollars ($719,350)
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no Border News Watch
SECOND AMENDMENT, FIREARMS
WAR ON WOMEN
LAW AND ORDER
BILL AND HILLARY
DEMS AND LIBS