- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ▼ September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
Wednesday – September 2, 2015
· UPDATE: Reports came in last night that the Maricopa County Republican Committee (MCRC) Sgt-at-Arms Barbara Medal was prohibited from attending the Sept 2 MCRC EGC meeting because AZGOP officials wouldn’t allow her on the premises have been confirmed. Reports were confirmed this morning that she was informed that she was ban from the building and was “trepassing” prior to the start of the meeting. You may recall that Medal filed a report with the Phoenix Police Department following the August EGC meeting incident when Medal requested that - someone with one of AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham’s staffer’s - stop flashing a camera too close to EGC member’s faces. Reports that circulated late last night that Graham had a restraining order on Medal are unconfirmed.
· A ‘Meet And Greet’ For US Senate Candidate Kelli Ward is planned between 5-7:30 pm., Thurs., Sept 3 at the La Parrilla Suiza Restaurant, 5602 E Speedway Blvd., Tucson. She is currently 9 points ahead of incumbent John McCain in polls.
· LD1 (Maricopa) will host Congressman David Schweikert at 7 pm., Sept. 14 at the Desert Hills Community Church, 34835 N. 7th St., Phx. 85086 (7th St. and Carefree Hwy). Contact: LD1 Chr Cathy Schwanke email@example.com to confirm that Schweikert will be speaking in case of a scheduling change.
· Reagan And Waring Chat Arizona Secretary of State Michele Reagan On the Issues with Phoenix Councilman Jim Waring
· A Presidential Debate Watch Party For Gov Scott Walker is scheduled at 6 pm., Wed., Sept 16. Doors open at 5:30 at the Scottsdale Gun Club, 14860 N Northsight Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ 85260. Free tickets downloaded here: http://tinyurl.com/nra4uyz Contact AZforScottWalker@gmail.com
· Senator Sylvia Allen- Bad Idea: Two new national monuments are being proposed for Arizona: The Grand Canyon Watershed – 1.7 million acres, and The Sedona Verde Valley Red Rock – 180,000 acres including the town of Sedona. Arizona has:
ü the third highest total designated wilderness acreage in the United States at 4.5 million acres and
ü another 5.8 million acres affected by special land use designations including 18 national monuments (more monuments than other states.)
Why would we:
ü give up more Arizona land and increase the oversite, regulation, and restrictions on the people and businesses of this state?
ü give more control of our water to the Federal Government?
ü support locking up thousands of acres of state trust land within the proposed monument boundaries?
ü impact private property and support the Red Rock Monument boundaries around Sedona?
Supporting politicians think it will give them big green election money donations. Citizens think it will bring higher level of protection for the environment. We have numerous laws and regulations, including the National Environmental Policy Act, the Federal Land Policy and Management Act, the Archaeological Resources Protection Act, Forest Service Management Plan. We don’t need another layer of regulations. The Federal Government has some of the worst-managed lands in the country; local control gives local protection. Try dealing with someone 2000 miles away! Rising tourism dollars is not a good reason either. How can you increase tourism to a place that is already saturated with visitors? What can you do?
ü Write to the Arizona Congressional Delegation and President Obama and say NO to both monuments.
ü Lobby your local government in the Verde Valley or near the Grand Canyon. Let them know you do not support the monuments.
ü Write letters to papers, post on Facebook and email your list.
· A Federal Judge Has Called For A Hearing at 11 am Thurs., Sept 3 for Rowan County, Kentucky, Clerk Kim Davis, who refuses to issue same sex marriage licenses based on her religious beliefs. The story hit number 1 on Drudge and Google News. Some are calling for her resignation or removal from office. She has received several death threats.
· A “Morning With US Senate Candidate Kelli Ward” will be hosted by Jim Clark at 10 am., Wed, Sept 16 at the Republic Money Exchange, 4040 E Camelback, Phx. RSVP Clark at 602-672-3630 or firstname.lastname@example.org Pastries and refreshments will be served. $100 per person contribution suggested.
· LD18 Rep Jill Norgaard is hosting a “Mock Floor Session” at 3 pm., Tues., Sept 15 where attendees will participate in debating and voting on a bill on legalizing marijuana. Limited Space. RSVP by Sept 8 with the names of you group to email@example.com Participants will meet on the staircase side of the House lobby. Parking is available across the street from the capitol at the Wesley Bolin Plaza. Contact: LD18 Legis Adm Assist Liam Maher (602) 926-3154 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Education Groups Are Not Backing Douglas Recall, according to the Capitol Times. “The Recall Diane Douglas Coalition filed its petition without the backing of any major education group, including the AEA and Stand for Children Arizona, whose IE spent almost $386,000 against Douglas in last year’s general election.”
· The Mayer Fire District, which lost its dispatching services provided by the City of Sedona at midnight, Aug. 31, set up an interim plan on Monday to dispatch emergency calls through a combination of the Sheriff's Office and help from Central Yavapai Fire District.
· The Seventh Annual Sedona Winefest will be held from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 26 and 27, at the Sedona "Historic" Posse Grounds Park in West Sedona.
· “By Protecting The Clinton-Obama Iran Deal and its secret side agreements, Democrats have reaffirmed their status as a party that cannot be trusted to keep America safe," said Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus, taking a swipe at Democratic presidential front-runner Hillary Clinton. “The Clinton-Obama Iran deal not only falls short of the Administration’s own goals, it empowers the world’s leading state sponsor of terrorism while never ultimately blocking Iran’s path to a nuclear weapon," he said referring to obama secures senate support for iran nuclear deal with mikulski
· Gov Doug Ducey today announced that an arrest has been made against a fired AHCCCS employee suspected of defrauding the agency of at least $1.5 million starting as early as 2006. “I’ve made it clear from day one that I take extremely seriously this administration’s duty and commitment to following the law and protecting Arizona taxpayers,” said Ducey. Contact: Mia Garcia (602) 339-5895 or Mia.Garcia@azag.gov
· AG Mark Brnovich On AHCCCS Investigation: On September 2nd, 2015, special agents of the Arizona Attorney General’s Office executed search warrants at four different locations in Maricopa County in conjunction with an ongoing investigation by their Health Care Fraud Special Investigation Section. Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office deputies assisted with the execution of the search warrants at one location. Two suspects are in custody, including a former state employee.
· Gov Doug Ducey Today Issued A Proclamation declaring the month of September “Teen Suicide Prevention Awareness Month” in Arizona. The governor, along with several non-profit organizations across the state, are teaming up to raise awareness about Arizona’s high prevalence of teen suicide, and to spread the word about the support services available for those affected by or struggling with the issue.“Knowing that the occurrence of teen suicides is even more common toward the beginning of the school year, we all should take time to remind struggling Arizona teens and families that there is help, that there is support, that there are always other options and – most importantly – that they’re not alone,” Ducey said. “All Arizonans can be a part of the fight against teen suicide, and I encourage everyone to do so. Any effort that could save one or multiple lives is an effort worthwhile.” Click here to view the governor’s official proclamation.
· Sen John McCain will address the Arizona Realtor Caucus at noon and host a 6 pm town hall meeting with Christians United For Israel on the Iran Nuclear Agreement on Thurs., Sept 3 in Tempe.
· The Real Arctic Threat “President Obama Is On A Three-Day Visit to Alaska that will include a stop north of the Arctic Circle. The focus of his trip is climate change. Some of my Senate colleagues and I recently returned from the Arctic, and while we saw the challenges of melting polar ice, we also saw a greater and more immediate threat. It is a menace that many assumed was relegated to the past: an aggressive, militarily capable Russian state that is ruled by an anti-American autocrat, hostile to our interests, dismissive of our values, and seeking to challenge the international order that U.S. leaders of both parties have maintained for seven decades.” – U.S. Sen John McCain in The Wall Street Journal today.
· Senator Ted Cruz will be speaking at the NFRW National Convention in 4 pm., Sat., Sept 12 in Scottsdale. Consultant Constantin Querard said, “We'll be having a booth there and we are looking for Cruz supporters to help staff it. So if you can spare an hour or two that weekend, we need volunteers from 11am-5pm on Fri, Sept 11, from 8am-5 pm, Sat., Sept 12 and from 8an-1 pm on Sun, Sept 13. T-shirts for volunteers. Contact: Querard at email@example.com
· Sahaurita Tea Party Patriots can hear Pima County Board of Supervisor candidates Kim DeMarco and Marla Closen at 6:30 pm., Tues. Sept 8 at the Triple Play Restaurant (Duval Mine Road, west of I19). Other speakers include Gina Crawford representing “ No on Pima County $815 Million Bond” and Dr. Yale Wishnick of “I Connect America.org.
· Angry At Sen John McCain’s Treatment Of Veterans and what they view as a lack of support, a Convoy-Of-Veterans, Militia-And-Oathkeepers-To-March-On-McCains-Office-Sept-5 . The convoy is running ahead of schedule and was expected to arrive at the Last Stop: Corner Store; 3980 E McDowell Road, in Phoenix this evening. Protest will be held in front of McCain’s Phoenix office, 2201 E Camelback Road #115, Phoenix, AZ 85016. Contact: guerilla media or facebook.com/events
· Grassroots-Movement-To-Descend-On-Arizona-This-Week-In-Operation-Detain-McCain Pete Santilli, a Marine veteran and host of The Pete Santilli Show (out of Cincinnati, OH) is organizing the event. He also issued the a letter to McCain on Aug 25, 2015, in which he said that he was "personally fed up with your 'lip service' & negligence in addressing so many issues affection our nation's heroes – our Veterans…"
· Must see: Saving America By Retired Adm. James A. Lyons. “…Never in my lifetime, did I believe I would witness our great country being taken down and withdrawn from our world leadership role by our own administration. The latest example is the flawed agreement with Iran on their nuclear weapons program.”
· Must see: Admiral-James-Lyons-On-Iran-Nuke-Deal “Let me tell you, this deal is a total sellout,” he said. “But of course for Secretary [John] Kerry… he has no problem with this since this is the second time he has sold out his country. The Iranian deal does not prevent a nuclear Iran. What President Obama’s deal has done is “start a nuclear arms race in the most unstable region in the world,” said Lyons.
· Chris Deschene Resigned from the State Board of Education on Wednesday, saying he’s unable to meet his commitment while serving in his new position as director of the US Department of Energy’s Office of Indian Energy Policy and Programs, which is based in
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
· The Mesa Republican Women will meet Sept 3 at 11:30am at 1900 E. University Drive, Suite 11, Mesa 85213. The September speaker is Cathi Herrod, President of the Center for Arizona Policy (CAP). RSVP deadline is Sun., Aug 30 firstname.lastname@example.org or call (480) 615-0524. Lunch is $10 for members, $12 for visitors/guests. Membership is $25 Jan-Dec, but you can join now for $15 (Sept-Dec). Men associates ($15). The group meets the first Thursday of each month. Meetings are scheduled for Oct 1, Nov 5, and Dec 3. Contact: President Sherry Pierce at the above phone or e-dress.
· The Sun City West Republican Club will meet at 8 a., Sat., Sept 5 at the Sun City West Foundations building (Quail Room) 14465 R.H. Johnson Blvd., Sun City West Arizona. The doors open at 8am with coffee and donuts. The meeting begins at 8:30 am. $2 admission to help with room rental. Speakers LD22 Senator Judy Burgess and Rep Phil Lovas. Contact: cell: 602-421-8877
· LD13 PCs will meet 7 pm., Sept 8 at PebbleCreek Tuscany Falls Clubhouse – Chianti Rm, 16262 Clubhouse Drive, Goodyear, AZ. 85395. Former Secretary of State and current LD24 Chairman Ken Bennett will address the group. Registration open at 6:30 pm. Contact: Chr Wally Campbell email@example.com
· The AZGOP Sun City Office Tuesday Coffee & Donuts Discussion Group will meet with politicial consultant Constantin Querard aka “CQ” at 9 am., Sept 8 in the facility at the NE corner of Bell Road/99th Ave.
· The Sun Lakes Republican Club will meet at 6:30 pm., Tues., Sept 8. in the Arizona Room at Sun Lakes Country Club, 25601 N. Sun Lakes Blvd., Sun Lakes, AZ 85248 to hear "The Free Market Warrior" Loren Spivack and Maricopa County Supervisor Denny Barney. Contact Mike Tennant, 480-802-0178.
· Congressman Trent Franks is listed among the speakers for the ACT for America National Conference and Legislative Briefing scheduled the week of Sept. 8 and 9 in Washington, DC. Other speakers include Brigitte Gabriel, Bill Whittle, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, and many others. Registration: contact Lauren Finney at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
· Craig and Barbara Barrett will host a Sept 10 fundraiser for Presidential Candidate Carly Fiorina – featuring Former US Sen. Jon Kyl. Co-hosts include Gary and Diane Tooker, Christine Jones, Karrin Kunasek Taylor, and Connie Wilhelm,
· The Pima County Republican Executive Committee will meet at 5:30 pm, Thurs., Sept 10 at 17 W. Wetmore, Suite 300, Tucson, AZ 85705. Contact: email@example.com (520) 321-1492
· The Oro Valley Republican Women will meet at 11:30 am., Fri., Sept 11 in the Oro Valley Library. 1305 W Naranja Dr, Oro Valley AZ 85737.
· Presidential Candidate Carly Fiorina is scheduled to open the National Federation of Republican Women’s 38th Convention at the Marriott Desert Ridge Resort on Sept 11. Fiorina will be speaking to about 1,3000 women leader at the Friday evening dinner. Details/registration here.
· Only-Way-To Block-Iran-Treaty: Sue-Obama The Last Hope To Keep Iran From Going Nuclear?
· Arizona-Cities-Among-Top-Places-To Retire Scottsdale And Peoria
· Robert Robb: Reagan-Unjustly-Tarred-And-Feathered-Over Dark-Money Why Government Can’t Fix ‘Dark Money’
· Mount McKinley Gets Squaw Peaked Obama Purges American History To Conform To Political Correctness
· Adm-Lyons-US-Transformation-In-Full-Swing-Since-2008 Muslim Brotherhood Has Penetrated All U.S. National Security Agencies
- Ambassador Ace Lyons
- Trump-Tops-Polls-Nationally-By-Wide-29% Margin
- Just-Another-Day-More-Illegal-Drug-Bust At Border
- Mexico’s-Own-Constitution-Declares-That Babies Born Abroad Are MX Citizens
- Mexico Files Amicus Brief For Birthright Citizenship Lawsuit Against Texas
- AZ Senators McCain And Flake; Two Of Eight Republicans Who Voted With Dems Against Iran Terrorism Amendment Video
REPUBLICAN PARTY OF MARICOPA COUNTY
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no Border News Watch
FIRST AMENDMENT – FREEDOM OF SPEECH
WAR ON WOMEN
WAR ON COPS
· Amputee-Homecoming A Homecoming He’ll Never Forget
LAW AND ORDER
· Kate-Steinles-Family-Just-Made-A-Huge-Announcement Steinle Was Allegedly Murdered By A Criminal Alien In July.
BILL AND HILLARY
· The Only Person Who Says No To Hillary Cheryl Mills' Tart Emails Stand Out Amid The Shameless Flattery Of Other Clinton Aides.
DEMS AND LIBS