- ► May (22)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ▼ September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
Friday – Sept 4, 2015
· 66 Cases Of Salmonella Poona Confirmed In AZ. State Health Officials Are Working with federal and local partners to investigate 66 cases of Salmonella Poona infections that appear to be linked to eating garden variety cucumbers grown outside of the United States. Cucumbers purchased under the Limited Edition label between 8-1-15 through 9-2-15 should be throw them away. A&W website. The 66 cases include residents of Apache (1), Coconino (2), Maricopa (49), Pima (10), Pinal (2), and Yuma (2) counties. Garden variety cucumbers are the thick-skinned unwrapped cucumbers and do not include the long thin wrapped cucumbers (English cucumbers) or the small pickle-shaped cucumbers (Persian cucumbers). Arizona grown cucumbers have not been associated with this outbreak. Illness for Salmonella infection lasts about 4-7 days. "For the vast majority of people, Salmonella is uncomfortable but not serious and goes away without treatment. "Individuals with symptoms such as nausea, diarrhea and abdominal cramping, should seek medical attention if they develop bloody diarrhea or cannot drink enough fluids to keep hydrated," according to Dr Rebecca Sunenshine, medical director for the Disease Control Division at Maricopa County Department of Public Health. To prevent illness, thorough hand washing with soap and water prior to food preparation or consumption and after using the toilet is recommended. Wash fruits and vegetables before eating or cutting them up. Salmonella can be killed by cooking foods to an internal temperature of 165°F. More information www.azdhs.gov and frequently asked questions.
· LD20 will meet at 7 pm., Mon, Sept 14 at the Washington School District Offices, 4650 W Sweetwater in Glendale. Meet & Greet at 6:30 pm, Speaker: Political Consultant Constantine Querard on the Popular Presidential Vote. Contact: 1st Vice Chairman Nickie Kelley, email@example.com
· The Arrowhead Republican Women will meet at 11:30 am., Wed., Sept 16 at the Briarwood Country Club, 135th Ave & Meek Blvd, Sun City West to hear Loren Spivack address ‘The Free Market Warrior.” Registration at 10:45 am. Adults only, no children. $20 includes lunch. No jeans. RSVP by noon, Fri, Sept 11 to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Lezlee Alexander at 602-354-5224. Caring for America donations: new or gently used suitcases for foster children and POP TABS for the Lions to give to Ronald McDonald House.
· Pima County Republicans running for Tucson City Council: Kelly Lawton, the director of Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Tucson, Margaret Burkholder,a certified Master teacher and Vail School Board member, and Bill Hunt is a rocket scientist. That’s an impressive trio. Contact: Phone: (520) 321-1492 email@example.com
· McCain, Flake among 8-Republicans-Who-Voted-With-Dems-On-Iran-Terror-Amendment … voted against the requirement to have a certificate that Iran has not directly supported or carried out an act of terrorism against the US or any American Citizen anywhere in the world. Lamar Alexander, Dan Coats, Bob Corker, Jeff Flake, Lyndsay Graham, Orin Hatch, John McCain, and David Perdue.
· Congressman Matt Salmon on the Department of Veterans Affairs Inspector General Report substantiating the claims of mismanagement by whistleblowers: “Like all Americans, I was appalled to learn of the Department of Veterans Affairs Office of Inspector General report that substantiated the agency whistleblowers’ claims of mismanagement and chronic delays in treatment. According to the report, 307,000 veterans with pending VA applications are deceased. This is an abysmal example of mismanagement and bureaucratic failure that has impacted the men and women who sacrificed so much on behalf of our nation. I strongly urge VA Secretary Bob McDonald to take aggressive steps that will hold accountable those responsible for this fundamental lack of leadership and management. Our nation’s veterans depend on us to keep the promises we have made to them and have a Department of Veterans Affairs that puts them first. It is long past time to hold the VA responsible for meeting our veterans’ needs.”
· Pima County Republicans will watch the 6 pm., CNN Presidential Debate from 4-8 pm, Wed., Sept 16 at the Viscount Suite Hotel, 4855 E Broadway Tucson 85711. The 4-8 pm debate watching party is sponsored by the Pima GOP, LD9, LD10, Tucson Republican Women and the Eastside Republicans. Contact: Phone: (520) 321-1492 firstname.lastname@example.org
· If You Have New Or Slightly Used Suitcases that you don’t need anymore, please give them to one of the Arrowhead Republican Women for their ‘Caring for America’ project to provide luggage for foster children. Contact: Bonnie Hochberg email@example.com
· Arrowhead Republican Women are also collecting pop tabs for the Lions to five to the Ronald McDonald House in Phoenix. Contact: Bonnie Hochberg firstname.lastname@example.org
· Fox News Reports: Arizona - Sen. John McCain’s bid for a sixth term already has conservatives in an uproar. State Sen. Kelli Ward has thrown her hat in the ring as a primary challenger, and others are sure to follow. Rep. Anne Kirkpatrick looks to be a shoo-in for the Democratic nomination. The blue team is hoping that McCain faces yet another painful primary and that, with the help of a split GOP and a growing Hispanic population, this could be the year to flip the seat.
· Pima County District 1 Supervisor Ally Miller is running for re-election. Contact: Phone: (520) 321-1492 email@example.com
· The Lincoln Republican Women’s Club will meet at 6 pm., Mon, Oct 5 at the The New McCormick/”Millennium” Resort, Scottsdale-McCormick Ranch, 7401 North Scottsdale Road. Scottsdale, AZ to hear former gubernatorial candidate Christine Jones address “Empowering Women in Politics.” 5:30 pm meet/greet. 6 pm mtg, 6:20 pm dinner, 7 pm program. Spouses invited. $35 per person. Reservations required by Thur., Sept 31 to Judy Eisenhower, 480-941-8162 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Huachuca Republican Women will meet at 10:30 am., Tues, Sept 8 at the Pueblo Del Sol Country Club. 2770 St. Andrews Dr, Sierra Vista, AZ 85650. Contact: Phone: (520) 321-1492 email@example.com
· The Arizona Project has cancelled its Mon., Sept 7 meeting in observations of Labor Day activities. At 6:30 pm., Sept 14 the group will view the Americans for Prosperity video Would You Be A Torch Bearer? in bringing back America. The Presidential debate and “Poor Man’s Steak Fry” (hot dogs/cowboy beans) is scheduled Wed., Sept 16 at 3375 E Shea Blvd #2, Phx. Contact: Chr Ron Ludders 602-677-1496.
· Former Senator Russell Pearce, Sheriff Joe and AZGOP ChairmanRobert Graham were the guests on the new "Chips and Salsa" talk show on KFNX radio early this evening.
· The Pima County Republican Club will meet at 11:30 am., Tues, Sept 8 to listen to Pima County District 1 Supervisors Ally Miller at 450 S Tucson Blvd, Tucson, 85716. Contact: Phone: (520) 321-1492 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Six Soccer Players Charged With Rowdiness, Ordered Not To Drink Or Fly Southwest Texas judge Wednesday ordered six San Diego-area men facing a federal charge of interfering with a flight crew not to fly on Southwest Airlines or drink. Clinton E. Averitte, U.S. magistrate judge in Amarillo, Texas, set bail for each at $10,000.
· The Pima County Executive Committee meeting will be held at 5:30 pm., Thurs., Sept 10 at 17 W. Wetmore, Suite 300, Tucson, AZ 85705. Contact: Phone: (520) 321-1492 email@example.com
· The Northwest Valley Tea Party will meet at 6 pm., Tues, Sept 8 in the West Valley GOP office, 10050 W Bell Road #50, Sun City. They view a video at 5 pm, followed by the 6 pm. mtg featuring speaker Francine Romesburg of the Grassroots Tea Party Activists. . Contact Chr Dennis Zinke at firstname.lastname@example.org
· Lyle and Lolly Tuttle have returned from a long road trip that took them to Utah and the Midwest.
· The Oro Valley Republican Women will meet at 11:30 a.m, Fri., Sept 11 in the Oro Valley Libary. 1305 W Naranja Dr, Oro Valley AZ 85737. Contact: Phone: (520) 321-1492 email@example.com
· The Sabino High School Young Republican Club will meet Fri., Sept 11 at 5000 N Bowes Rd, Tucson, AZ 85749. Contact: Phone: (520) 321-1492 firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Governor’s Office of Youth, Faith and Family (GOYFF) in partnership with Arizona State University, Northern Arizona University and the University of Arizona announce Arizona’s Collegiate Recovery Program, a capacity-building movement for college students in substance abuse recovery. Beginning this year, students at all three state universities will have access to campus support communities, where students can meet and find local resources while they attend college. To support these efforts, grants were awarded through Transforming Youth Recovery and the State of Arizona to mobilize collegiate recovery efforts between individuals and institutions. “We want students to know that this program is available and that we care about their continued recovery,” said GOYFF Director, Debbie Moak. “No one should have to choose between staying sober and being successful in school. Now, students at our universities won’t have to.”
· LD11 will meet at 10 am., Sat., Sept 12 in the Oro Valley Libary. 1305 W Naranja Dr, Oro Valley AZ 85737. Contact: Phone: (520) 321-1492 email@example.com
· Presidential Candidate Carly Fiorina will kick off the National Federation of Republican Women’s convention on Fri., Sept 11. NFRW members do not have to be delegates to attend the convention. All registrants will be able to participate in the presidential straw poll. To register or for more information: https://ereg.biz/a/reg/NFRW15.
· Arizona’s Americans For Prosperity is planning a series of events to Stop the EPA’s attack on affordable energy! Director asks that you fill out THIS FORM if you believe We should control our energy bills, not unelected federal bureaucrats. Anyone concerned about the EPA attack on affordable and reliable energy is welcome to attend these events. Ratepayers from Cochise, Pima, Pinal and Santa Cruz Counties are especially welcome at the Tucson events — anyone serviced by TEP, Trico, AEPCO, UNS and Sulpher Springs. APS ratepayers from Northern Arizona are especially welcome at the Joseph City event, but the Navopache service region will also be hit very hard by EPA. Speakers for the Oct 2 and 3 events will be announced soon, according to Jenney. Use these EventBrite links to RSVP for one or more of the AFP “Protest EPA-imposed electrical rate hikes” events in October:
Contact: Tom Jenney, Arizona AFP Director firstname.lastname@example.org
· PETITION: Tell Congress To Intervene And STOP Obama’s Witch Hunt Against Sgt. Charles Martland! Sgt. 1st Class Charles Martland, is the Green Beret and two-time Bronze Star recipient who is being kicked out of the army for shoving a confessed Afghan child rapist.
· The Arizona Criminal Justice Commission (ACJC) has announced that it has been awarded over $3.5 million in grants by the U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, Bureau of Justice Assistance and the Bureau of Justice Statistics. The grants will be used to fund programs to curtail drug, gang, and violent crime activities in Arizona; and enhance the state’s capacity to address criminal justice issues through research, and the collection and analysis of data.
Specifically, the $3.4 million Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant will help fund activities by Arizona law enforcement and criminal justice agencies to prevent and control crime in the following areas: apprehension, prosecution, forensic support services, adjudication and sentencing, corrections and community corrections, substance abuse treatment for corrections-involved individuals, and prevention and education activities.
The $138,058 State Justice Statistics Grant is designed to enhance Arizona’s capacity to address criminal justice issues through the collection and analysis of data. Arizona’s Statistical Analysis Center, housed within ACJC, will use the funds to assist the state’s Victim Compensation Program in developing performance measures consistent with the needs of the U.S. Office of Victim Compensation; expand the Community Data Project website; and conduct an evaluation of Arizona’s drug task force activities and their impact on criminal justice and public safety outcomes.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
· The Sun City West Republican Club will meet at 8 a., Sat., Sept 5 at the Sun City West Foundations building (Quail Room) 14465 R.H. Johnson Blvd., Sun City West Arizona. The doors open at 8am with coffee and donuts. The meeting begins at 8:30 am. $2 admission to help with room rental. Speakers LD22 Senator Judy Burgess and Rep Phil Lovas. Contact: cell: 602-421-8877
· LD13 PCs will meet 7 pm., Sept 8 at PebbleCreek Tuscany Falls Clubhouse – Chianti Rm, 16262 Clubhouse Drive, Goodyear, AZ. 85395. Former Secretary of State and current LD24 Chairman Ken Bennett will address the group. Registration open at 6:30 pm. Contact: Chr Wally Campbell email@example.com
· The AZGOP Sun City Office Tuesday Coffee & Donuts Discussion Group will meet with politicial consultant Constantin Querard aka “CQ” at 9 am., Sept 8 in the facility at the NE corner of Bell Road/99th Ave.
· The Sun Lakes Republican Club will meet at 6:30 pm., Tues., Sept 8. in the Arizona Room at Sun Lakes Country Club, 25601 N. Sun Lakes Blvd., Sun Lakes, AZ 85248 to hear "The Free Market Warrior" Loren Spivack and Maricopa County Supervisor Denny Barney. Contact Mike Tennant, 480-802-0178.
· Congressman Trent Franks is listed among the speakers for the ACT for America National Conference and Legislative Briefing scheduled the week of Sept. 8 and 9 in Washington, DC. Other speakers include Brigitte Gabriel, Bill Whittle, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, and many others. Registration: contact Lauren Finney at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
· Craig and Barbara Barrett will host a Sept 10 fundraiser for Presidential Candidate Carly Fiorina – featuring Former US Sen. Jon Kyl. Co-hosts include Gary and Diane Tooker, Christine Jones, Karrin Kunasek Taylor, and Connie Wilhelm,
· The Pima County Republican Executive Committee will meet at 5:30 pm, Thurs., Sept 10 at 17 W. Wetmore, Suite 300, Tucson, AZ 85705. Contact: email@example.com (520) 321-1492
· The Oro Valley Republican Women will meet at 11:30 am., Fri., Sept 11 in the Oro Valley Library. 1305 W Naranja Dr, Oro Valley AZ 85737.
· Presidential Candidate Carly Fiorina is scheduled to open the National Federation of Republican Women’s 38th Convention at the Marriott Desert Ridge Resort on Sept 11. Fiorina will be speaking to about 1,3000 women leader at the Friday evening dinner. Details/registration here.
· Muslim-Attendant-Refuses To Serve Infidel What Happens Next …
· Congress-Western-Issues-After-Labor-Day-Holiday Drought, Fire
· Voting-Statistics See Charts
· Frontline: Report-From-AZ-GOP-War-Zone McCain Graham Cracker Continues To Crumble
· Fox Only Network To Link Police Murders To Vile Chant “Pigs In A Blanket, Fry ‘Em Like Bacon”
- Admiral Ace Lyons
- Trump-Tops-Polls-Nationally-By-Wide-29% Margin
- Parental Rights Rally! Oct. 17, 10:30 am, State Capitol South Lawn. See Flyer
- David Coleman, Architect of the Common Core System. Video.
- David Coleman's College Board is Hostile to America.
REPUBLICAN PARTY OF MARICOPA COUNTY
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no Border News Watch
SECOND AMENDMENT, FIREARMS
WAR ON WOMEN
· Two-Young-Girls-Sentenced-To-Be-Raped-As-Punishment-For-Brother-Crimes Barbarism: In Northern Rural Indian Village,
WAR ON COPS
· Last Minute East Coast Military Drills Send Out September Alarm As China Warships Seen Off Coast Of Alaska Something Very Strange Is Going On!
· Obama's Pentagon-Releases-Plan-For Terrorist Prison In South Carolina They’ve Got 17 Months
DEPT OF JUSTICE
· Radio-Host-Cited-Lesser-Hamas-Member-In-Trump-Gotcha-Exchange Upcoming Debate Co-Moderator Tried To Test Candidate's Knowledge
BILL AND HILLARY
DEMS AND LIBS