- ► May (25)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ▼ September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
Friday – Sept 11, 2015
“Maybe it's time the world gets used to life without the United States. If our current
immigration policies aren't stopped, this country will soon be nothing more than
another failed Latin American state.” – Ann Coulter (9/9/15)
· Congressman Trent Franks on the 14th anniversary of the September 11th terrorist attacks and the third anniversary of the attacks in Benghazi. “On this day, 14 years ago, our lives were jolted by evil and horrific attacks committed against the United States of America at the hands of terrorists. Fueled by pure evil and hatred, these attacks killed nearly 3,000 innocent people. Just three years ago, another attack was perpetrated on sovereign United States soil at the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya where four courageous and noble Americans, including U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens, were murdered by terrorists. How quickly we, as a country, forget the mindset of Jihadist terrorism. This day should remind us all that the price of freedom truly is eternal vigilance. God help this Congress to be vigilant and reject this fatally flawed nuclear deal with Iran. If we fail to reject this deal, or the next president does not intervene, it will ultimately put the finger of Jihad on the nuclear button and our children will be placed on a path that leads through the shadow of nuclear terrorism. On this day especially, we should all pause and remember the many priceless lives that were lost to the unspeakable acts aimed at destroying this country and our way of life. We remember and pray for all the families that lost loved ones on this infamous day. Let us promise ourselves anew that we, the people of the United States of America, will continue to stand firm and do whatever is necessary to prevent the horrendous tragedy of 14 years ago from ever taking place on American soil again.”
· The Western Pinal County Chapter of The Arizona Republican Assembly will meet at 6:30 pm., Mon., Sept 14 at the Siegel Suites Select, 540 N Cacheris Cr., Casa Grande, to hear Pinal County Recorder Virginia Ross speak. Contact: Jason Hayes 202-394-7202 email@example.com
· Senate Republicans Doing Nothing to Stop Obama’s Lawless Iran Treaty Senate Republicans have hit a new low. Not only are they doing nothing to stop Obama’s lawlessness on Iran in forging a treaty without Senate ratification, they are allowing him to break the very law that broke the treaty clause of the Constitution.
· The-Rewards-Of-The-Obama-Doctrine Offering a helping hand to America’s enemies in Iran, Russia and Cuba will ruin lives and many more will die.
· Congressman Paul A. Gosar today introduced H.RES.417 With 20 Other Members Of Congress, Which Begins The Impeachment Process For Gina McCarthy, Administrator Of The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). See Impeachment Against EPA Administrator
· Maricopa County Board of Supervisors Chairman Steve Churcri: 9-11 is a tragic story, horrific for those who remember those fateful first few hours. But, as we see, almost early on and in the aftermath, it is also a story of the incredible courage, enormous sacrifice, spectacular heroism and insurmountable fortitude of the American people. Today serves as a poignant reminder of how fortunate we are to be Americans. We can never be the same as we were before 9-11. A dangerous world won't let us. But we can remain steadfast to the enduring virtues that bind us together
· The Prescott Valley Oathkeepers will meet at noon, Sat., Sept 19 at the Puerta Vallarta Mexican Restaurant on Hwy 69, 11901 E. Hwy 69, Dewey, AZ, 86327. RSVP required for food preparation and staff requirements. Oathkeepers Chairman Jim Arroyo will address being prepared for any emergency and keeping water pure with the ratio of bleach to water. First responders welcome. Contact: http://oathkeepers.org/ http://oathkeepers.org/oktester/about/
· Carly-Fiorina: I’m-Proud-Every-Wrinkle Carly Fiorina, the former Hewlett-Packard CEO, delivered her outsider presidential message to two Arizona audiences on Friday. She also reacted to GOP front-runner Donald Trump's insult.
· The LD11 Republican Committee will meet at 10 am, Sat., Sept 12 in the Oro Valley Libary, 1305 W Naranja Dr, Oro Valley AZ 85737 to hear immediate past Maricopa County Republican Committee Chairman A J LaFaro address “Closing the Primary.” LaFaro is author of the resolution to close the primary. He is also a national director for the National Republican Assembles.
· The Word IS Out that Deputy Country Treasurer Royce Flora will be running to replace his boss County Treasurer “Hos” Hoskins in the 2016 elections. Hoskins won’t be seeking re-election, but he will be serving as Flora’s campaign manager.
· Congresswoman Martha McSally is scheduled to present awards at the to Present Awards at the Kiwanis de Amigos’ 13th Annual Rattlesnake Run in Tucson at 9:30 am., Sat., Sept 12 at Christopher Columbus Park, 4600 N. Silverbell Road, Tucson .The run features Southern Arizona athletes in sixth, seventh, and eighth grades. Races begin at 8 am.
· ATTN VETS: Fry’s Food Stores will hold open interviews on Tues., Sept. 15, for all veterans and their family members. Fry’s, headquartered in Tolleson, is hiring to fill more than 1,100 positions in its 119 stores across Arizona. Veterans and their family members need only to fill out an application online at jobs.frysfood.com by Sept. 13, and then return to a nearby store on Sept. 15, between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. (no appointment necessary).The online application requests an email address, employment history and education information and takes about 30 minutes to complete. Fry’s is asking applicants to input the hashtag #HonoringOurHeroes in the “Search by keyword” field located at the top of jobs.frysfood.com when applying online to be eligible for an in-store interview on Sept. 15. See www.frysfood.com. Contact: JoEllen Lynn, Fry’s Food Stores, (623) 907-7190 or Jo.Lynn@frysfood.com
· The Pinal County Republican Committee will meet at 10 am., Sat., Sept 19 at the Florence 1891 Historic Courthouse 135 N Pinal St, Florence AZ. Contact: Mary Rodriguez - Secretary, PCRC firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Northwest Valley Tea Party will be having a Debate Night BBQ Wed., Sept 16 Reservations required for adequate food preparation . Contact: Ted Farmer at email@example.com
· Congresswoman Martha McSally will speak with Southern Arizona seniors at 4 pm at the Cascades Retirement Community, 201 N. Jessica Avenue, in Tucson on Monday, Sept 14.
· Tom Morrissey, Immediate Past Chairman AZ GOP: When I was Chairman I went about the state talking up the party as being the only hope for this country. My words were from my heart because there was a true belief that those whom we put in office were representing us and standing against the cold winds of Progressivism blowing across this nation. I thought they meant what they said, therefore it was my duty to help them get elected. Well, some time has passed and the changes, as a result of the battles that I had hoped would come to pass… have not. Today as the Senate gave President Obama the authority to release the sanctions on our mortal enemy Iran, without so much as whimper from Senator McConnell. Obama has done the equivalent of handing a gun to someone who is threatening us with a knife, as the Republican Senate stood by completely neutered. The same can be said for the Congress. Please know that I don’t blame Congressmen Franks, Salmon or Gosar for this because I feel they have kept their word and fought the good fight. One question… Why is it that Harry Reid invoked the 51 Vote Rule whenever he chose and Mitch McConnell acts like it doesn’t even exist? Lord do we need your protection and your strength to help us make the changes that MUST be made NOW! The time for talk is done. I think we all know what we have to do.
· Gov Doug Ducey will travel to Hermosillo, Mexico on Sunday for the inauguration ceremony of Sonora Governor-elect Claudia Pavlovich. In June, Pavlovich became the first woman elected governor of the state of Sonora. In July, she traveled to Phoenix to meet with Ducey to discuss the governors’ shared mission for growing and strengthening the Arizona-Sonora partnership. “I was encouraged by our meeting with Governor-elect Pavlovich this summer. It’s clear we share many of the same visions and goals for our states’ international partnership, especially growing our economies and increasing trade and tourism in the region,” said Ducey. “I’m confident she’ll be a great leader for the people of Sonora. I look forward to attending her inauguration, and working closely with her and the state of Sonora.”
· LD23 Rep Jay Lawrence: As vice chair of the House Education Committee, I attend everything that discusses education. The past few days have been hectic. Arizona Principals of school programs are working in low income neighborhoods with amazing results – sponsored by Lisa Graham Keegan and Glenn Hamer. On Thursday, Arizona School Board Association Chris Thomas updated 800 on latest on lawsuits against the state. (ASBA point of view, differs from Legislature). Emily Bazelton spoke on bullying. Then came individual breakouts, I am convinced I can run a bill allowing parents to opt out of Arizona Merit Testing. At this moment law says Parents may not opt out. We also must stop data mining. More on that in upcoming posts. Friday I'll see Carly Fiorina speak to NFRW, National Federation of Republican Women. Saturday Meeting with Ted Cruz at 2pm; then see him speak at 4 pm to NFRW
· Congrats to Loraine Bennett Pellegrino who has been elected the new Arizona Federation of Republican Women President. Pellegrino has served as a term as First Vice President under retiring President Mary Williams.
· Congressman Matt Salmon: Today, the House voted on what some are calling the most consequential action many of us will take during our time in Congress: a bill to approve the President's agreement with the Islamic Republic of Iran. When presented the opportunity to vote in favor of such a misguided deal, a bipartisan majority voted to oppose it-- standing with the American people but also with our allies in the Middle East (many of whom fear that an emboldened Iran will wreak havoc on the region). Sadly, the Senate resorted to using their usual legislative trickery to block a vote on a similar bill earlier this week, but I hope they will reconsider in light of the grave consequences of supporting this deal.Take a look at the press release I sent out earlier today on the votes before the House. See full story matt-salmon-votes-against-iran-nuclear-deal
· Congressman Paul A. Gosar voted against approval of the proposed Iran deal, known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, by a vote of 269-162, in favor of restricting President Obama from lifting current sanctions against Iran, by a vote of 247-186, and after voting yesterday 245-186 to find that the President broke the law by not disclosing multiple side agreements: “President Obama says there are no other options and that if we don't accept his deal, then we will go to war. What utter nonsense. The president has negotiated a ticking time bomb that will result in war, not prevent it. To make matters worse, President Obama broke the law by not transmitting the ‘side agreements’ to Congress and the awful negotiating skills of this administration have put our children and nation at risk. See: Rep. Gosar Votes to Reject Fundamentally Flawed ‘Iran Deal’
· Congresswoman Martha McSally today voted against approval of the President’s Iran nuclear deal and to prevent the President from lifting sanctions on Iran pursuant to the agreement. Just before the vote, McSally spoke on the House floor urging her colleagues to consider the American military men and women killed by Iranian-funded terrorism and to oppose lifting sanctions that will lead to more deaths. “I rise today on behalf of those who do not have a voice in this debate, and that’s the over 500 service men and women who died in Iraq because of the export of vehicle-borne IED technology by Iran and the brutal terrorist leader, Qassem Soleimani,” McSally said. “This is a slap in the face to those who paid that sacrifice.”
The House voted on two bills today related to the Iran deal: H.R. 3461, a bill to approve the Iran agreement, aka the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, and H.R. 3460, a bill to suspend the President’s authority to lift sanctions on Iran pursuant to the agreement. H.R. 3461 failed to pass the House 162-269, with 25 Democrats opposing the President’s deal, and H.R. 3460 passed the House 247-186. Yesterday, the House passed a resolution finding that the President failed his obligations under the Iran Nuclear Agreement Review Act to provide all documents related to the agreement to Congress.
“This is not about a choice between this deal or war. Those of us who served in the military, we want war less than anybody else. We know the price. We want diplomacy, and those sanctions were working. We had them exactly where we wanted -- then we gave up.”
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
· LD1 (Maricopa County) will host Congressman David Schweikert at 7 pm., Sept. 14 at the Desert Hills Community Church, 34835 N. 7th St., Phx. 85086 (7th St. and Carefree Hwy). Contact: LD1 Chr Cathy Schwanke firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm that Schweikert will be speaking in case of a scheduling change.
· LD 29 will meet at 7 pm., Mon, Sept 14 at 12836 W Colter St, Litchfield Park, 85340. 6:15 pm social. Contact Chairman Alan Gaugert email@example.com 623-330-3622.
· LD20 will meet at 7 pm., Mon, Sept 14 at the Washington School District Offices, 4650 W Sweetwater in Glendale. Meet & Greet at 6:30 pm. Political Consultant Constantin Querard will address the “Popular Presidential Vote.” Contact: 1st Vice Chairman Nickie Kelley, firstname.lastname@example.org
· LD18 Rep Jill Norgaard is hosting a “Mock Floor Session” at 3 pm., Tues., Sept 15 where attendees will participate in debating and voting on a bill on legalizing marijuana. Limited Space. RSVP by Sept 8 with the names of you group to email@example.com Participants will meet on the staircase side of the House lobby. Parking is available across the street from the capitol at the Wesley Bolin Plaza. Contact: LD18 Legis Adm Assist Liam Maher (602) 926-3154 firstname.lastname@example.org
· CANCELLED: LD10 will meet at 5:30 pm., Tues., Sept 15 at the Elks Lodge. 615 S Pantano. Tucson, AZ. Contact: Phone: (520) 321-1492 email@example.com
· The SaddleBrooke Republican Club is sold out for its 11 am, Tues., Sept 15 luncheon in the East Ballroom, at the Mountain View Country Club in Tucson with Gov Doug Ducey, who will discuss his education plan through use of the State Land Fund Trust. Doors open at 11 am. Contacts: Neil MacDonald. VP Communications firstname.lastname@example.org or Marian DiPietro at email@example.com or call 520-230-8343.
· The Pima County Republican Club will meet at 11:30 am., Tues., Sept 15 at 450 S Tucson Blvd. Tucson, Arizona 85716. Contact: Phone: (520) 321-1492 firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Surprise Tea Party will meet at 6:30 pm., Tues., Sept 15 to see Phil Mason, Sr. slide presentation on "The Truth About School Funding". Long-time Republican activist, Mason is the Arizona Republican Assembly (AzRA) first vice-president and membership chairman, former AZOP Director Operations, Arizona State Legislature Supervisor of Administrative Services and Research Director Joint Legislative Audit Committee, PAChyderm Coalition/Arizona Conservative Coalition. The meeting is scheduled at the Sun City West Foundation Plaza Grand Canyon room, 14465 W R H Johnson Blvd. Sun City West, AZ 85375.
· The SaddleBrooke Republican Club luncheon with Gov Doug Ducey is scheduled at 11 am., Tues., Sept 15 at the MountainView Ballroom at HOA#2. 38759 S. Mountain View Blvd. Tucson, AZ 85739. Contact: Marian DiPietro at email@example.com or call 520-230-8343.
· The Republican Party of Mesa (LD25) is hosting a Debate Watching Party on Wed., Sept 16 at TQLA in Dana Park, 1840 S. Val Vista Rd. Mesa, Arizona 85204. The top tiered candidates will be debating at 5 pm. TQLA will be providing happy hour prices for the entire debate. This includes ½ price appetizers. RSVP at www.evite.com/event/ or email Ian Murray, Chairman Republican Party of Mesa at Ian@DesignedForLife.com.
· The Western Pinal County Republicans will meet at 5:30 pm., Wed., Sept 16 at BeDillions to hear Secretary of State Michelle Regan. Contact: Phone: (520) 321-1492 firstname.lastname@example.org
· The AZGOP Debate Watch Party is scheduled at 6:45 pm., Wed., Sept 16 at the Studio Movie Grill in Scottsdale. Doors open at 5 pm. Co-sponsored by Seth Leibsohn and 960 KKNT The Patriot. Free admission. Food and beverages available for purchase. Register here
· A Presidential Debate Watch Party For Gov Scott Walker is scheduled at 6 pm., Wed., Sept 16. Doors open at 5:30 at the Scottsdale Gun Club, 14860 N Northsight Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ 85260. Free tickets downloaded here: http://tinyurl.com/nra4uyz Contact AZforScottWalker@gmail.com
· A “Morning With US Senate Candidate Kelli Ward” will be hosted by Jim Clark at 10 am., Wed, Sept 16 at the Republic Money Exchange, 4040 E Camelback, Phx. RSVP Clark at 602-672-3630 or email@example.com Pastries and refreshments will be served. $100 per person contribution suggested.
· Arrowhead Republican Women will meet Wed, Sept 16 at Briarwood Country Club, 20800 N. 135th Ave., Sun City West. Loren Spivack, known as the "Free Market Warrior" for his teaching conservative groups about free market economics, will address the group. Check-in at 10:45am, meeting at 11:30am. Reservation required. Cost is $20 payable by cash or check at the door. Reservations must be made through firstname.lastname@example.org or arrowheadluncheons. Arrowhead Republican Women is open to Republican women registered to vote in AZ - Republican men may join as associate members.
· A Presidential Debate Watching Party is scheduled between 4-8 pm., Wed., Sept 16 in the Fireside Gill in the Lexington Hotel, 12800 Saguaro Dr., Fountain Hills. Free appetizers, open bar, limited men.
· CANCELLED: The Eastside Republicans will meet at 6 am., Wed., Sept 16 in the Golf Links Library - 9640 E, Golf Links, Tucson Arizona, 85730.Topic: TUSD Recall: What's the "Story", Who is running & Why a Recall. Contact: Parralee Schneider, 250-5073 or email@example.com
· The Arizona Project is planning a Wed., Sept 16 "Debate Party And Poor Folks Steak Fry". (Hot dogs and cowboy beans) at 3375 E Shea Blvd, Phx., to watch the debate from the Reagan Library, hosted by CNN’s Jake Tapper with questions from Hugh Hewitt. Contact: Ronald Ludders, Chairman 602.677.1496
· Ted Cruz for President Coalition Arizona Director Darrell Covert has announced Ted Cruz Debate Watching parties Add to Calendar for the Wed., Sept 16 CNN Presidential Debate. Large screens, open bar.
ü East Valley – 5:30 pm., Native Grill and Wings, 5030 E Ray Road., Phx, 85044View Map
ü Fountain Hills – 4-8 pm, Fireside Grill in Lexington Hotel, 12800 N Saguaro Drive. Limited seating. Contact: Linda Brickman firstname.lastname@example.org 602-330-9422.
· The Palo Verde Republican Women’s Sept 16 luncheon is scheduled at Grayhawk Golf Club, Fairway House, 8620 E Thompson Peak Parkway, Scottsdale. Dr. Kenneth Michael Kearns, M.D. will speak "Bias in the Women's Health Institute Study: The Profound Impact." Lunch is $25, Social at 11am, Program/lunch 11:30am. Contact Edith Stock, email@example.com or call 480-298-7818.
· Pima County Republicans will watch the 6 pm., CNN Presidential Debate from 4-8 pm, Wed., Sept 16 at the Viscount Suite Hotel, 4855 E Broadway Tucson 85711. The 4-8 pm debate watching party is sponsored by the Pima GOP, LD9, LD10, Tucson Republican Women and the Eastside Republicans. Contact: Phone: (520) 321-1492 firstname.lastname@example.org
· In Accordance With The Requirements of Arizona Pollutant Discharge Elimination System General Permit for Discharge from Small Municipal Separate Storm Sewer Systems (MS4s) to Waters of the United States (permit no. AZG2002-002), Maricopa County Environmental Services Department has prepared a Draft Stormwater Management Plan Annual Report for submittal to the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality. The County’s Draft Stormwater Management Plan Annual Report will be available for review at a public meeting at 8:30 am., Wed., Sept 16 at the Maricopa County Environmental Services Dept., 3rd flr classroom, 1oo1 N Central Ave., Phx, AZ 85004. (602) 506-5557.
· St. Anne’s Respect Life Ministry invites you to join in praying the Rosary for Life at the Chandler Planned Parenthood, 610 N. Alma School Road, (Corner of Alma School Road and Galveston), each Monday, Aug 10, 17, 24, 31 at 8:15 am – 9:15 am. Contact: Genny Jones, 480-201-7198.
· A Free Concert Highlighting Congressman Matt Salmon is scheduled at 7 pm., Thurs., Sept 17 by Constitution Week USA at the Mission Community Church, 4450 E Elliot Road, Gilbert. Other speakers include Gilbert Mayor John Lewis, Father Will Schmid - St. Mary Magdalene Catholic Parish, Pastor Tim Thompson - Fountain of Life Fellowship and T. Sergeant Robin O'Bannon - USAF (ret.). People of all faiths are welcome. Contact: Gilbert City Director Victor Petersen Cell: 602-332-7432.
· The University of Arizona College Republican City Council Forum is slated for 6:30 pm., Thurs., Sept 17 at 1423 E. University Blvd. Modern Languages Room 311. RSVP email@example.com by Sept 15.
· The-Trump-Phenomenon Former Maricopa County Attorney Andrew Thomas
· Tea Party Patriots Host WH Rally; Conservatives Shine Appeasing Democrats Mindlessly Put Party Loyalty Above Security As They Prepare To Deliver $150 Billion To Iranian Terrorist Regime To Facilitate And Accelerate Securing Nuclear Weapons
· Frontline: Report-From-AZ-GOP-War-Zone McCain Graham Cracker Continues To Crumble
· One Day At A Time: Lynda Randle. Music Video.
- Trump-Seriously-On-Trail-With-GOPs Tuff Guy
- Perry Suspends Campaign
- House Rejects Obama's Iran Deal 269-162
- Sanctions Life On Iran -- On Eve Of 9-11
- AZ-AG Brnovich-Issues Consumer Alert Unauthorized Mvd Website
- Reporters Fact Checking...Other Reporters.
- Square Off Update....
- Writing While Incompetent II
- Readers Seek Qualified Writers
- Protester-Hops-Security-Barrier-Towards-Sarah-Palin, Subdued-By-Police
· Does Ted Cruz Know The Gop Establishment Has Made His Win Numerically Impossible? The GOPe road map was specifically and intentionally created by scheme and construct, to intentionally block any possibility for Ted Cruz to achieve 2016 presidential victory. And much of this was done while Sen. Cruz was the vice-chair of the NRSC.
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no Border News Watch
FIRST AMENDMENT – FREEDOM OF SPEECH
WAR ON WOMEN
· Sexual-Predator-Jailed-After-Claiming-To-Be-Transgender-In-Order-To-Assault Women In Shelter
LAW AND ORDER
· Office-Depot-Refused-Christian-Print-Job 'We Do Hope This Matter Can Be Resolved Short Of Legal Action'
BILL AND HILLARY
· Despite-Obama-Support-Congress-Must-Fight-Iran-Deal Senate Democrats Favoring Iran Deal Have Blood On Their Hands
COMMON CORE/ AGENDA 21