- ► May (22)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ▼ September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
Saturday – Sept 12, 2015
· McCain-And-Lindsay-Graham-Say-America-Must-Accept-Syrian-Refugees Establishment Senators Lindsay Graham and John McCain went on Fox News to scorn America into taking on Syrian refugees, saying that it fits our character and we can’t abandon them.
· As The Sept 14 LD30 meeting moves closer precinct committeemen continue to wait for word from Maricopa County Republican officials as to when a recall election will be held in their district. A recall petition with 82 signatures, (more than half of the LD30 PCs) was delivered to Maricopa County Republican Chairman Tyler Bowyer on July 21 that reads:
“Pursuant to MCRC Bylaws ARTICLE II, Section 4 D, Removal of District Chairman, the undersigned Precinct Committeemen hereby petition MCRC Chairman Tyler Boyer (sic) to call a special meeting of the LD30 Committee for the purpose of removing the Chairman of the District. Humiliated by an unnecessary 7 month stall of our members rights under Arizona law, we must now ask that this meeting be held within 30 days from receipt of this document by the MCRC Chairman.”
Bowyer claims the petition came as a surprise to him, as he thought differences between two factions within LD30 had been resolved earlier this year. He says, “We have done nothing but pursue the issue as accurately and responsibly as possible,” since receiving the petition. Recall leader Timothy Schwartz claims otherwise, saying Bowyer was aware of the problems within the district for months and is dragging his heel.
On Aug 12 Bowyer told Briefs that he and the MCRC EGC board would be addressing the issue the following week.
Bowyer did not respond to Briefs Sept 3 e-mail questioning, “What happened with the LD30 recall petition?”
On Sept 9, a former long-time MCRC official e-mailed Bowyer, charging, all Bowyer has done is “…squirmed and wriggled to get out of performing your duty for months. You should resign and let someone who can do the job have an opportunity to redeem the MCRC.”
Bowyer claims there has only been one board meeting since he received the petition. He also said his numerous duties, travel, meetings, and the Labor Day weekend didn’t give him time to proceed with a Sept 14 recall election as was expected by LD30 recall proponents. Former county officers, scoff at Bowyers excuses, noting he opt to run for the chairmanship position and its responsibilities.
On Sept 10, Bowyer told the Briefs, “I expect the LD30 election to be organized and resolved promptly,” noting that the LD30 “chairman and board members are aware of the situation, but will not be involved with conducting the election.” Bowyer said he plans to attend the Sept 14 LD30 meeting and ask LD30 for cooperation as the county conducts the recall election. At post time, no confirmed date has been set for the recall election.
· Long-Time GOP Activist Colette Rosati is running for the Board of Realtors.
· The Tempe Republican Women will meet at 6:30 pm., Mon., Sept 28 at the Pyle Recreation Center, 655 E Southern, Tempe to hear Free Market Warrior, author, economist Loren Spivack. Contact: President Jessica Merrow 480-306-2545.
· ATTN VETS: Fry’s Food Stores will hold open interviews on Tues., Sept. 15, for all veterans and their family members. Fry’s, headquartered in Tolleson, is hiring to fill more than 1,100 positions in its 119 stores across Arizona. Veterans and their family members need only to fill out an application online at jobs.frysfood.com by Sept. 13, and then return to a nearby store on Sept. 15, between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. (no appointment necessary).The online application requests an email address, employment history and education information and takes about 30 minutes to complete. Fry’s is asking applicants to input the hashtag #HonoringOurHeroes in the “Search by keyword” field located at the top of jobs.frysfood.com when applying online to be eligible for an in-store interview on Sept. 15. See www.frysfood.com. Contact: JoEllen Lynn, Fry’s Food Stores, (623) 907-7190 or Jo.Lynn@frysfood.com
· The Northwest Valley Tea Party will be having a Debate Night BBQ Wed., Sept 16 Reservations required for adequate food preparation . Contact: Ted Farmer at firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Tempe Republican Women are up to 42 in membership with a new associate member Susan Cohen and recent renewals of Heidi Frank and Linda Zasso.
· The Pinal County Republican Committee will meet at 10 am., Sat., Sept 19 at the Florence 1891 Historic Courthouse 135 N Pinal St, Florence AZ. Contact: Mary Rodriguez - Secretary, PCRC email@example.com
· The Word Is Out that the Tempe Republican Women have won both the Gold Award from the Arizona Federation of Women and the Diamond Award from the National Federation of Republican Women at this weekend’s convention in Arizona.
· The Public Is Invited to a public showing of "The Truth in School Funding" on Sept 15 Surprise Tea Party meeting in the Grand Canyon Room of the Sun City West Foundation Plaza, 14465 W R H Johnson Blvd., Sun City West, AZ 85375. Get the answers to school funding and how your tax money is spent. Presenter Phil Mason has spent nearly 20 years in Arizona government, including Arizona State Legislature Supervisor of Administrative Services and Research Director Joint Legislative Audit Committee. Door open at 6 pm., meeting starts at 6:30 pm. A Q&A session will follow Mason’s slide presentation.
· The AZRA South Mountain Chapter organizational meeting is scheduled for 9:30 am., Sat., Sept 19 at the Republican Party of Maricopa County Tempe Office, 3030 S. Rural, Tempe, AZ 85282. Contact: Kimber Hattendorf firstname.lastname@example.org
· ‘Close the Primary Resolution Author A J LaFaro's email@example.com Upcoming Speaking Schedule: .
ü Sept 19 - Sat – 9 am., LD14 Republican Committee, Victory Theater, 555 E Entertainment Ave, Safford, AZ 85546.
ü Sept 25 –Fri – 6:30 pm, Deer Valley Tea Party, Deer Valley Airport, 702 W Deer Valley Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85027.
· Morristown GOP Activist Ernie McCollum will be hosting a Dr. Ben Carson Presidential debate potluck between 4:30 pm. and the end of the debate on Wed., Sept 16. He will smoke a brisket and pork loin and serve it cold. He is also providing ice tea and coffee. Please bring a side dish. McCollum has Carson literature. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org Address will be provided when you sign up.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
· LD1 (Maricopa County) will host Congressman David Schweikert at 7 pm., Sept. 14 at the Desert Hills Community Church, 34835 N. 7th St., Phx. 85086 (7th St. and Carefree Hwy). Contact: LD1 Chr Cathy Schwanke email@example.com to confirm that Schweikert will be speaking in case of a scheduling change.
· LD 29 will meet at 7 pm., Mon, Sept 14 at 12836 W Colter St, Litchfield Park, 85340. 6:15 pm social. Contact Chairman Alan Gaugert firstname.lastname@example.org 623-330-3622.
· LD20 will meet at 7 pm., Mon, Sept 14 at the Washington School District Offices, 4650 W Sweetwater in Glendale. Meet & Greet at 6:30 pm. Political Consultant Constantin Querard will address the “Popular Presidential Vote.” Contact: 1st Vice Chairman Nickie Kelley, email@example.com
· The Western Pinal County Chapter of The Arizona Republican Assembly will meet at 6:30 pm., Mon., Sept 14 at the Siegel Suites Select, 540 N Cacheris Cr., Casa Grande, to hear Pinal County Recorder Virginia Ross speak. Contact: Jason Hayes 202-394-7202 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Congresswoman Martha McSally will speak with Southern Arizona seniors at 4 pm at the Cascades Retirement Community, 201 N. Jessica Avenue, in Tucson on Monday, Sept 14.
· LD18 Rep Jill Norgaard is hosting a “Mock Floor Session” at 3 pm., Tues., Sept 15 where attendees will participate in debating and voting on a bill on legalizing marijuana. Limited Space. RSVP by Sept 8 with the names of you group to email@example.com Participants will meet on the staircase side of the House lobby. Parking is available across the street from the capitol at the Wesley Bolin Plaza. Contact: LD18 Legis Adm Assist Liam Maher (602) 926-3154 firstname.lastname@example.org
· CANCELLED: LD10 will meet at 5:30 pm., Tues., Sept 15 at the Elks Lodge. 615 S Pantano. Tucson, AZ. Contact: Phone: (520) 321-1492 email@example.com
· SOLD OUT: The SaddleBrooke Republican Club is sold out for its 11 am, Tues., Sept 15 luncheon in the East Ballroom, at the Mountain View Country Club in Tucson with Gov Doug Ducey, who will discuss his education plan through use of the State Land Fund Trust. Doors open at 11 am. Contacts: Neil MacDonald. VP Communications firstname.lastname@example.org or Marian DiPietro at email@example.com or call 520-230-8343.
· The Pima County Republican Club will meet at 11:30 am., Tues., Sept 15 at 450 S Tucson Blvd. Tucson, Arizona 85716. Contact: Phone: (520) 321-1492 firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Surprise Tea Party will meet at 6:30 pm., Tues., Sept 15 to see Phil Mason, Sr. slide presentation on "The Truth About School Funding". Long-time Republican activist, Mason is the Arizona Republican Assembly (AzRA) first vice-president and membership chairman, former AZOP Director Operations, Arizona State Legislature Supervisor of Administrative Services and Research Director Joint Legislative Audit Committee, PAChyderm Coalition/Arizona Conservative Coalition. The meeting is scheduled at the Sun City West Foundation Plaza Grand Canyon room, 14465 W R H Johnson Blvd. Sun City West, AZ 85375.
· The Republican Party of Mesa (LD25) is hosting a Debate Watching Party on Wed., Sept 16 at TQLA in Dana Park, 1840 S. Val Vista Rd. Mesa, Arizona 85204. The top tiered candidates will be debating at 5 pm. TQLA will be providing happy hour prices for the entire debate. This includes ½ price appetizers. RSVP at www.evite.com/event/ or email Ian Murray, Chairman Republican Party of Mesa at Ian@DesignedForLife.com.
· The Western Pinal County Republicans will meet at 5:30 pm., Wed., Sept 16 at BeDillions to hear Secretary of State Michelle Regan. Contact: Phone: (520) 321-1492 email@example.com
· The AZGOP Debate Watch Party is scheduled at 6:45 pm., Wed., Sept 16 at the Studio Movie Grill in Scottsdale. Doors open at 5 pm. Co-sponsored by Seth Leibsohn and 960 KKNT The Patriot. Free admission. Food and beverages available for purchase. Register here
· A Presidential Debate Watch Party For Gov Scott Walker is scheduled at 6 pm., Wed., Sept 16. Doors open at 5:30 at the Scottsdale Gun Club, 14860 N Northsight Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ 85260. Free tickets downloaded here: http://tinyurl.com/nra4uyz Contact AZforScottWalker@gmail.com
· A “Morning With US Senate Candidate Kelli Ward” will be hosted by Jim Clark at 10 am., Wed, Sept 16 at the Republic Money Exchange, 4040 E Camelback, Phx. RSVP Clark at 602-672-3630 or firstname.lastname@example.org Pastries and refreshments will be served. $100 per person contribution suggested.
· Arrowhead Republican Women will meet Wed, Sept 16 at Briarwood Country Club, 20800 N. 135th Ave., Sun City West. Loren Spivack, known as the "Free Market Warrior" for his teaching conservative groups about free market economics, will address the group. Check-in at 10:45am, meeting at 11:30am. Reservation required. Cost is $20 payable by cash or check at the door. Reservations must be made through email@example.com or arrowheadluncheons. Arrowhead Republican Women is open to Republican women registered to vote in AZ - Republican men may join as associate members.
· A Presidential Debate Watching Party is scheduled between 4-8 pm., Wed., Sept 16 in the Fireside Gill in the Lexington Hotel, 12800 Saguaro Dr., Fountain Hills. Free appetizers, open bar, limited men.
· CANCELLED: The Eastside Republicans will meet at 6 am., Wed., Sept 16 in the Golf Links Library - 9640 E, Golf Links, Tucson Arizona, 85730.Topic: TUSD Recall: What's the "Story", Who is running & Why a Recall. Contact: Parralee Schneider, 250-5073 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Arizona Project is planning a Wed., Sept 16 "Debate Party And Poor Folks Steak Fry". (Hot dogs and cowboy beans) at 3375 E Shea Blvd, Phx., to watch the debate from the Reagan Library, hosted by CNN’s Jake Tapper with questions from Hugh Hewitt. Contact: Ronald Ludders, Chairman 602.677.1496
· Ted Cruz for President Coalition Arizona Director Darrell Covert has announced Ted Cruz Debate Watching parties Add to Calendar for the Wed., Sept 16 CNN Presidential Debate. Large screens, open bar.
ü East Valley – 5:30 pm., Native Grill and Wings, 5030 E Ray Road., Phx, 85044View Map
ü Fountain Hills – 4-8 pm, Fireside Grill in Lexington Hotel, 12800 N Saguaro Drive. Limited seating. Contact: Linda Brickman email@example.com 602-330-9422.
· The Palo Verde Republican Women’s Sept 16 luncheon is scheduled at Grayhawk Golf Club, Fairway House, 8620 E Thompson Peak Parkway, Scottsdale. Dr. Kenneth Michael Kearns, M.D. will speak "Bias in the Women's Health Institute Study: The Profound Impact." Lunch is $25, Social at 11am, Program/lunch 11:30am. Contact Edith Stock, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 480-298-7818.
· Pima County Republicans will watch the 6 pm., CNN Presidential Debate from 4-8 pm, Wed., Sept 16 at the Viscount Suite Hotel, 4855 E Broadway Tucson 85711. The 4-8 pm debate watching party is sponsored by the Pima GOP, LD9, LD10, Tucson Republican Women and the Eastside Republicans. Contact: Phone: (520) 321-1492 email@example.com
· In Accordance With The Requirements of Arizona Pollutant Discharge Elimination System General Permit for Discharge from Small Municipal Separate Storm Sewer Systems (MS4s) to Waters of the United States (permit no. AZG2002-002), Maricopa County Environmental Services Department has prepared a Draft Stormwater Management Plan Annual Report for submittal to the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality. The County’s Draft Stormwater Management Plan Annual Report will be available for review at a public meeting at 8:30 am., Wed., Sept 16 at the Maricopa County Environmental Services Dept., 3rd flr classroom, 1oo1 N Central Ave., Phx, AZ 85004. (602) 506-5557.
· St. Anne’s Respect Life Ministry invites you to join in praying the Rosary for Life at the Chandler Planned Parenthood, 610 N. Alma School Road, (Corner of Alma School Road and Galveston), each Monday, Aug 10, 17, 24, 31 at 8:15 am – 9:15 am. Contact: Genny Jones, 480-201-7198.
· A Free Concert Highlighting Congressman Matt Salmon is scheduled at 7 pm., Thurs., Sept 17 by Constitution Week USA at the Mission Community Church, 4450 E Elliot Road, Gilbert. Other speakers include Gilbert Mayor John Lewis, Father Will Schmid - St. Mary Magdalene Catholic Parish, Pastor Tim Thompson - Fountain of Life Fellowship and T. Sergeant Robin O'Bannon - USAF (ret.). People of all faiths are welcome. Contact: Gilbert City Director Victor Petersen Cell: 602-332-7432.
· The University of Arizona College Republican City Council Forum is slated for 6:30 pm., Thurs., Sept 17 at 1423 E. University Blvd. Modern Languages Room 311. RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org by Sept 15.
· The Sabino High School Young Republicans will meet Fri, Sept 18 at 5000 N Bowes Rd, Tucson, AZ 85749. Time tba.
· The Quail Creek Republican Club will meet at 2 pm., Sat., Sept 19 at the Madera Clubhouse Ballroom #3. 2055 E Quail Crossing Blvd, Green Valley, AZ. Ocober and November meetings will be held the 3rd Friday of the month. December is undecided. Contact: President Lee Corneilson at 1-980-333-1759.
· LD3 and LD4 will meet at 9 am., Sat., Sept 19 at the Golden Coral Resturant. 6383 S Midvale Park Road. Tucson, Arizona. The Sept 19 speaker is Steve Chucri, Maricopa County Board of Supervisors. FHRepublicanClub.org FHRepublican@gmail.com
· Moral Action Ministry Fall Series open at 9:45 am, Sat., Sept 19 at the North Scottsdale Christian Church, 28700 N. Pima Rd. Scottsdale, AZ. 85266 with Judicial Watch-Mark Spencer and Frank Riggs of the Joe Foss Institute, plus a documentary on
Germany during the 1930 and 40s. Families, Vendors, & Donations Welcome. Contact: 602-818-8838 or email@example.com
· The Prescott Valley Oathkeepers will meet at noon, Sat., Sept 19 at the Puerta Vallarta Mexican Restaurant on Hwy 69, 11901 E. Hwy 69, Dewey, AZ, 86327. RSVP required for food preparation and staff requirements. Oathkeepers Chairman Jim Arroyo will address being prepared for any emergency and keeping water pure with the ratio of bleach to water. First responders welcome. Contact: http://oathkeepers.org/ http://oathkeepers.org/oktester/about/.
· Where-Refugees-Go-In-America … for the United States. which has been capping the number of incoming refugees at 70,000 per year, 10,000 Syrians is a big deal. Where will they all go?
· Must See: Paul Harvey: What Is A Policeman?
· This Isn’t The Way To Honor The Victims Of Islamist Terrorism Why — on the anniversary of 9-11 — were we debating how many Muslim refugees we will invite into our heartland?
· Petty Perry Exits 2016 Race Lobbing Shots At Trump…And Then There Were Sixteen
· Tea Party Patriots Host WH Rally; Conservatives Shine
· One Day At A Time: Lynda Randle. Music Video.
- Nearly All House Republicans, Two Dozen Dems Vote Against Iran Deal Approval
- Training For Right To Speak To The Legislature System
- Dr-Ben-Carson-Chooses-To-Run-As Republican By Default
- America-Has-Huge-Illegal-Drug-Smuggling Problem
- Cnn-Changes-Rules-Of-Debate-To-Allow Fiorina In With The Big Boys
- Donald-Trump-Interview-With-Jimmy Fallon
- Reporters Fact Checking...Other Reporters.
- Square Off Update....
- Writing While Incompetent II
- Readers Seek Qualified Writers
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no Border News Watch
WAR ON COPS
DEPT OF JUSTICE
COMMON CORE/ AGENDA 21