- ► May (26)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ▼ September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
Friday – Sept 18, 2015
POW/MIA RECOGNITION DAY
· Gov Doug Ducey: “Today we pay homage to the men and women of our armed forces who never came home. The state of Arizona is forever indebted to the prisoners of war and those missing in action who have tirelessly fought for our freedoms. "I pray for their families who carry the enormous burden of a missing loved one on their shoulders every day. Thank you for representing the best of this country – even amidst unthinkable pain. I ask all Arizonans to join me in praying for the safe return of American Prisoners of War and thanking them for the sacrifice they’ve made.”
· Gov Ducey On Arrest In I-10 Shootings: "I applaud the excellent work done by our state troopers, SWAT team, investigators, Col. (Frank) Milstead and all the law enforcement agencies who partnered to identify this suspect and apprehend him. This was no easy case, but our law enforcement officials worked night and day from the moment these shootings began to get to the bottom of it and protect Arizona citizens. Let it be clear -- those who endanger the lives of Arizona residents will pay the consequences and be prosecuted with the full force of the law.”
· The Sun Lakes Republican Club will meet at 6:30 pm., Oct 13 with Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio because “he is the greatest sheriff in the USA.” The meeting is scheduled at the Sun Lakes Country Club, 25601 N. Sun Lakes Blvd., Sun Lakes Az 85248. Contact President Michael Tennant firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Central Republican Women Of Phoenix have changed their October meeting venue to the Phoenix Hilton Suites, 10 E Thomas, Phx. The meeting begins at 6:15 pm., Thurs., Oct 1 with speaker Attorney General Mark Brnovich. $30 per plate. Social beginning at 5:30 pm. RSVP to Tina Shaw at email@example.com, or by phone at 623-934-9730 no later than Sun, Sept. 27. Space is limited and reservations are necessary. A reservation made is a reservation paid unless canceled by Sun, Sept 27.
· Congressman Matt Salmon: Today, I voted to defund Planned Parenthood. The bill, the Defund Planned Parenthood Act of 2015, passed the House 241-187.After finding out about the heinous actions conducted by Planned Parenthood recently, the decision to block all federal funding to this inhumane organization was an easy and necessary one. We must continue to push to ensure that absolutely no funding is given to this barbaric organization moving forward. In Congress, I've stood side by side with the pro-life community to protect and defend innocent human life. I will continue to fight and will never wavered from my solemn commitment to return our nation to one that values and protects the rights of the unborn.
· Congressman Trent Franks was on the House Floor today to debate H.R. 3504 the Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act. A portion of his speech follows: "The Born Alive Abortion Survivor Protection Act, Madam Speaker, protects little children who have been born alive. No one in this body can obscure the humanity and the personhood of these little born alive babies. Nor can they take refuge within the schizophrenic paradox Roe vs. Wade has subjected this country to for now more than 40 years. The abortion industry labored all these decades to convince the world that unborn children and born children should be completely separated in our minds, that while born children are persons worthy of protection, unborn children are not persons and are not worthy of protection.” See full speech.
· Obama Admin Won’t Reveal Number of Americans Killed By Iran The Obama administration is declining to inform Congress about the number of American citizens and troops killed by Iran and its terror proxies, according to a document provided to Congress and obtained by the Washington Free Beacon. The administration was repeatedly asked by Congress to release figures describing how many Americans and Israelis have been killed by Iran’s military and terror activities since the country’s 1979 revolution.
· US Searches For New Syria Strategy "The Obama administration is considering scrapping its effort to create a large-scale Syrian force to fight Islamic State as it searches for alternatives to prevent the American-led effort from collapsing, officials said. Under one proposal being crafted at the Pentagon, the $500 million train-and-equip program -- a core component of the U.S. Syria strategy -- would be supplanted by a more modest effort focused on creating specially trained militants empowered to call in U.S. airstrikes, defense officials said." [WSJ]
· ‘Close the Primary Resolution Author A J LaFaro's firstname.lastname@example.org Upcoming Speaking Schedule: .
ü Sept 19 - Sat – 9 am., LD14 Republican Committee, Victory Theater, 555 E Entertainment Ave, Safford, AZ 85546.
ü Sept 25 –Fri – 6:30 pm, Deer Valley Tea Party, Deer Valley Airport, 702 W Deer Valley Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85027.
· Obama Peace Prize Didn't Have Desired Effect: Geir Lundestad, long-time director of the Nobel Institute and secretary of the Nobel Peace Prize committee, has commented publicly on the decision. In 'Secretary of Peace, 25 years With The Nobel Prize,' a new memoir released on Thursday, he said Obama’s award 'failed to live up to the panel's expectations … In hindsight, we could say that the argument of giving Obama a helping hand was only partially correct,' Lundestad wrote." [Dominique Mosbergen, HuffPost]
· The Yellow Sheet reports that a recent poll of Maricopa County voters gave Sheriff Joe a 52% favoritable rating.
· Today, Congressman Paul A. Gosar introduced H.R. 3566, legislation to prevent states from circumventing federal law and allowing illegal aliens not in lawful immigration status to receive in-state tuition benefits: “It is unthinkable that some states are circumventing federal law to allow illegal immigrants to receive in-state tuition, while other legal American citizens, playing by the rules, have to pay out-of-state tuition to attend public universities. With a stagnant economy, American students are facing enough challenges upon graduating from college and shouldn’t bear more financial burdens as a result of loopholes crafted by attorneys that put illegal aliens not in lawful immigration status ahead of U.S. citizens.” Forbes recently reported that, “44% of college grads in their 20’s are stuck in low-wage, dead-end jobs.
· LD30 Saga Moves Forward: The LD30 ‘Special Meeting’ (recall election of Chairman Gary Hirsch) will be held at 7 pm., Mon., Sept 28 at the VFW Post 1433, 7618 N. 63rd Ave, Glendale, AZ 85301, according to Maricopa County Republican Committee Executive Director April Riggins, who is charge of the special meeting. The call letter to precinct committeemen went out today – per the bylaws that require the call letter be mailed 10 days prior to the special meeting. Only credentialed person approved by the Executive Director will be allowed into the special meeting. Registration opens at 6 pm. Riggins is MCRC Chairman Tyler Bowyer’s appointee to run the meeting.
· MCRC Executive Director April Riggins: “We thank the Veterans of Foreign Wars for the use of Post 1433 for the special LD30 meeting. We are proud to support our Veterans. They made special concessions for us and we need to show our appreciation. And God Bless Them for their service to our Country.”
· The Arizona American African Republican Committee (AAARC) will meet at 6:30 pm., Thurs., Sept 24 at AZGOP Headquarters, 3501 N. 24th St., Phx. Contact: AAARC Chairman: Rev Clyde Bowen 602 274 5439 AAARC6@centurylink.net http://on.fb.me/1gvG0Bb
· The Arizona Project will meet at 6:30 pm., Mon., Sept 21 at 3375 E Shea Blvd, Phx to hear two veterans – Marcus Tillis and Louise “Weezie” Burrell from VFW Post 9400 and make plans for the next GOP Debate on Oct 28. Their “Candidates Corral” is scheduled for Sat., Feb 20, 2016. Contact: Chr Ronald Ludders, 602-0677-1486.
· Volunteers Are Needed to walk with Dr. Kelli Ward’s ‘Team Ward’ at the Andy Divine Days Parade scheduled at 10 a.m, Sat., Sept 26 in Kingman. Ward has announced her ‘intent to run’ for US senate against Sen. John McCain. If interested contact Josh DeFord at TeamWardWest@gmail.com
· Gov Ducey's Office Of Boards And Commisions is accepting applications for the Arizona Game and Fish Commission no later than 5 pm, Wed., Oct 7. In accordance with Arizona law, the Game and Fish Commission is required to be politically-balanced and representative of all 15 counties. Therefore, this commission vacancy is not available to registered residents of Apache, Coconino, Maricopa, or Yuma counties. Residents of all other counties – Cochise, Gila, Graham, Greenlee, La Paz, Mohave, Navajo, Pima, Pinal, Santa Cruz and Yavapai – are eligible and encouraged to apply. Interested individuals may apply by clicking here . Or see their website. Or contact the Gov’s Office of Boards and Commissions at (602) 542-2449.
· Arizona Game and Fish is offering a bat workshop giving participants hands-on experience between 7-10- pm., Fri., Sept 18 at the Southwest Wildlife Conservation Center in Scottsdale. Limited space. Attendees will help identify bats captured and collect important data before the animals are released unharmed. $40 per person including a guided tour of Southwest Wildlife Conservation Center’s sanctuary, Light refreshments will be provided. Register at www.southwestwildlife.org.
· LD22 Is Conducting A Raffle for a D.P.M.S. Oracle 5.56 Semi-Automatic Rifle or 840 Rounds of Ammunition: 5.56, 62 grain stripper clipped bullets, packaged in Two Metal Ammo Boxes. Second prize: Vizio HD SMART TV 48”, LED, LCD, Internet Apps, etc. Only 310 tickets @ $10 each. Contact information: (mobile) 714.267.1693 or email RepLD22Raffle@aol.com
· LD21 is conducting a Cabela’s Gift Cards Raffle. First prize is a $1,000 gift care. Second prize is a $500 gift card. Tickets: $10. Only 300 tickets available. To purchase tickets contact Larry Dick email@example.com
· Operation Enduring Gratitude (Veterans serving Veterans by Rebuilding Homes and Lives) is co-sponsoring a B2B Networking Mixer at 6 pm., Oct 8 at the Clover Leaf Gastrolounge, 4225 N. Craftsman Court, Old Town Scottsdale. Contact: OEG founder Charlie Ellis (480) 678-0938 Charlie@OperationEnduringGratitude.Org
· The Arizona Game and Fish Department and Tread Lightly will host a Nov. 7 BBQ and shoot at the Arizona State Credit Union Pavilion, at the Ben Avery Shooting Facility in Phoenix. Proceeds to benefit the “Respected Access is Open Access in Arizona” campaign. Tickets are available online at www.tinyurl.com/respectedaccess. $75 per person, includes dinner catered by Bobby Q restaurant, targets and two boxes of ammunition, before Oct. 15. $100 after Oct. 15. Dinner only is $50 before Oct 15; $60 after Oct 15. Contact: (800) 966-9900, Ext. 13, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. www.respectedaccessarizona.org.
· The Lincoln Women’s Republican Self Defense Seminar will be offered from 10am-1 pm., Oct 24 at the Scottsdale Millennium 7401 N Scottsdale Rd Scottsdale, AZ 85253. Instructors Shannon “The Cannon” Ritch and Dan “The Beast” Severn will provide basic self-defense instruction for women of all ages. Doors open at 9:30 am. Sessions will be offered in anti-rape and self defense.
· The Annual Citizens Defense League ( AzCDL) Gun Rights Policy Conference (GRPC) Will Be Held On Sept 25-27 In Phoenix. This Is A Great Opportunity To Network And Hear The Leaders In The “Gun Rights” Movement.
· Maricopa County Supervisor Steve Chucri will address the Fountain Hills Republican Club “Fall Forum/Dinner” scheduled between 4-6 pm, Sat., Oct 17 at the FH Presbyterian Church. All candidates and elected officials are invited. This event replaces the traditional FNRC’s September picnic in Golden Eagle Park. $15 per advance pay. $18 for non-members and at the door arrivals. Youth 12 and under free. Secretary of State Michelle Reagan is scheduled for Nov 21. Their Christmas party is Dec. 12.
· Ann Corcoran On Refugee Resettlement Interesting 4 minute video on Muslim re-settlement in the US led by the UN from Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq and soon Syria.
· Sen John McCain honoring National POW/MIA Recognition day: “Today, America observes National POW/MIA Recognition Day, pausing to honor those who served our nation in enemy captivity and the 83,114 service members still unaccounted for from past conflicts. Our country remains in their debt, and our thoughts and prayers are with their loved ones today. The great honor of my life was to serve in the company of heroes in North Vietnam, Americans whose comradery, bravery, and resilience in the face of tremendous hardship inspired us to resist our captors and find strength and hope even in the darkest of hours. These men, those like them who served in previous conflicts, and the thousands who made the ultimate sacrifice but never returned home, deserve our nation's highest respect and gratitude. While we owe these heroes a debt we can never truly repay, we must continue in our commitment to achieving a full accounting of our missing comrades and deliver to their families the peace of mind they have long deserved.”
· Senators John McCain and Lindsey Graham today respond to remarks made by White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest blaming critics for the failure of the Administration’s Syria train and equip program, which Commander of U.S. Central Command General Lloyd Austin admitted in a Senate Armed Services Committee hearing this week has only yielded four or five American-trained fighters to-date: “In the category of things you cannot make up, the White House is now saying that the President was forced by his critics to train Syrian fighters, and that this policy’s failure thus far vindicates the President’s reluctance to do it in the first place. In short, the President’s policy is his critics’ fault. This is the classic grade-school excuse: My friends made me do it. As satire, this would be hilarious. Unfortunately, the President’s spokesman is actually saying this. Never in our lifetimes has the leader of the free world so egregiously and consistently sought to avoid both responsibility and accountability. Ambassador Ryan Crocker called this behavior ‘unpresidential.’ It is worse than that: It’s childish. We have come a long way from ‘the buck stops here.’”
· GOP Presidential Candidate Contacts:
Ben Carson www.bencarson.com
Bobby Jindal www.bobbyjindal.com
Carly Forina www.carlyforpresident.com
Chris Christi www.chrischristie.com
Donald Trump www.donaldjtrump.com
George Patake www.georgepataki.com
Jeb Bush www.jeb2016.com
John Kasich www.johnkasich.com
Lindsey Graham www.lindseygraham.com
Marc Rubio www.marcorubio.com
Mike Huckabee www.mikehuckabee
Rand Paul www.randpaul.com
*Rick Perry www.rickperry.org Campaign suspended
Rick Santorum www.ricksantorum.com
Scott Walker www.scottwalker.com
Ted Cruz www.tedcruz.org
· Links To All 9 Planned Parenthood Videos
ü 1st Planned Parenthood video: video 1
ü 2nd Planned Parenthood video: video 2
ü 3rd Planned Parenthood video: video 3
ü 4th Planned Parenthood video: video 4
ü 5th Planned Parenthood video: video 5
ü 6th Planned Parenthood video: video 6
ü 7th Planned Parenthood video: video 7
ü 8th Planned Parenthood video: video 8
ü 9th Planned Parenthood video: video 9
Borrowed from Sandi Bartlett’s ‘Bartlett Bunker’
· Call The White House 202-456-1111 Comments. Switchboard: 202-456-1414. Contact Senate https://www.senate.gov/ or Representatives http://www.house.gov/ Let them know how you feel. Hold their feet to the fire. They wanted these positions so badly, hold them accountable. Arizona delegation phone numbers:
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
· The AZRA South Mountain Chapter organizational meeting is scheduled for 9:30 am., Sat., Sept 19 at the Republican Party of Maricopa County Tempe Office, 3030 S. Rural, Tempe, AZ 85282. Contact: Kimber Hattendorf email@example.com
· The Quail Creek Republican Club will meet at 2 pm., Sat., Sept 19 at the Madera Clubhouse Ballroom #3. 2055 E Quail Crossing Blvd, Green Valley, AZ. Ocober and November meetings will be held the 3rd Friday of the month. December is undecided. Contact: President Lee Corneilson at 1-980-333-1759.
· A Pima County Bond Forum is scheduled at 2 pm., Sat., Sept 19 at the Madera Clubhouse Ballroom in Quail Creek, Green Valley. There will be a panel of four people to make pointed presentations and respond to questions from the audience.
· The Pinal County Republican Committee will meet at 10 am., Sat., Sept 19 at the Florence 1891 Historic Courthouse 135 N Pinal St, Florence AZ. Contact: Mary Rodriguez - Secretary, PCRC firstname.lastname@example.org
· LD3 and LD4 will meet at 9 am., Sat., Sept 19 at the Golden Coral Resturant. 6383 S Midvale Park Road. Tucson, Arizona. The Sept 19 speaker is Steve Chucri, Maricopa County Board of Supervisors. FHRepublicanClub.org FHRepublican@gmail.com
· The League of Women Voters will hostess a number of speakers regarding the November ballot at 9:30 am., Sat., Sept 19 at the Joel D Valdez Main Library in Tucson. Joe Boogaart will be speaking against the Pima County Bond issue. Contact: Marilyn Smoler 818-7880.
· Moral Action Ministry Fall Series open at 9:45 am, Sat., Sept 19 at the North Scottsdale Christian Church, 28700 N. Pima Rd. Scottsdale, AZ. 85266 with Judicial Watch-Mark Spence, Levi Bolton, and John Hansen, plus a documentary on Germany during the 1930 and 40s. Families, Vendors, & Donations Welcome. Contact: 602-818-8838 or email@example.com
· The Prescott Valley Oathkeepers will meet at noon, Sat., Sept 19 at the Puerta Vallarta Mexican Restaurant on Hwy 69, 11901 E. Hwy 69, Dewey, AZ, 86327. RSVP required for food preparation and staff requirements. Oathkeepers Chairman Jim Arroyo will address being prepared for any emergency and keeping water pure with the ratio of bleach to water. First responders welcome. Contact: http://oathkeepers.org/ http://oathkeepers.org/oktester/about/
· The Gilbert Constitution Fair is scheduled from 6-9 pm., Sat., Sept 19 at the Gilbert Civic Center Grounds, 50 E. Civic Center Dr., South of Warner just east of Gilbert Road. Candidate tables are welcome. Contact Amy Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org
· LD14 And The Graham County Republican Committee will meet at 10 am., Sat., Sept 19 at the Victory Theatre, 555 E Entertainment Ave. Safford, AZ 85546 to hear A.J. LaFaro, former Chairman of the Maricopa County Republican Committee. AZ Speaker of the House David Gowan and Senate Majority Whip Gail Griffin will be in attendance and available to answer questions. Sign ins open at 9:30 am. Contact: Acting LD14 Secretary Maureen Tozzi at 502-429-1395. LaFaro is also a director for the National Republican Assemblies.
· The Pima County Republican Club will meet at 11:30 am., Tues., Sept 22 at 450 S Tucson Blvd. Tucson, Arizona 85716.
· Freedom Fires will meet at 6:30 pm., Wed., Sept 23 at Burke Basic School, 131 E Southern Ave., Mesa to hear Reps Justin Olson and former Rep Barbara Blewster.
· Col Jon Gold, US Army (Ret) will address the ACT Tucson/Marana Chapter at 6 pm., Wed., Sept 23 in the Nanini Branch Library, in Tucson.
· The ACT Tucson Chapter will meet at 6 pm., Wed., Sept 23 at Nanini Branch Library, 7300 N. Shannon Road, in Tucson AZ. Goodies to be provided. Speaker Jon H. Gold; Colonel, US Army (Ret.). is a career Military Intelligence Officer, diplomatic negotiator, European, South Western Asia & Pacific Theatres. RSVP Lyle ActTucson@aol.com or cell (520) 820-8258 Learn about the potential dangers associated with radical Islam, Sharia law, and the Muslim Brotherhood. Contact: www.ActTucson.com & ACT national at www.actforamerica.org
· LD17 will conduct PC training at its 7 pm., Tues, Sept 29 meeting at the Tri-City Baptist Church Seminary Bldg, 2211 W Germann Road, Chandler, AZ 85286. Contact: Chairman Shadow Asgari, LD17shadow@gmail.com.
· The Sabino High School Young Republican Club will meet Fri., Sept 25 at 450 S Tucson Blvd. Tucson, Arizona 85716. Tim tba.
· The Republican Club of Green Valley/Sahuarita will meet at 9 am, Fri., Sept 25 at 301 W Camino Casa Verde Green Valley, AZ 85614
· PC Training will be held 9am-11am., Sat. Sept 26 at the West Valley Republican Office 10050 W. Bell Road, Suite 50 Sun City, AZ 85351. Training will focus on recruiting PC's and engaging with voters. The second hour of the training will allow PCs to work with experienced activists on a short walk using i360 voter data. RSVP to Chris Herring ChrisHerringAZ@yahoo.com
· Election Integrity in Pima County will be addressed at 2 pm., Sat., Sept 26 in the Murphy-Wilmot Public Library, 530 N Wilmot Road, Tucson, Arizona 85710.
· The Un-Armed Forces Medley Trump For Prez
· US-Administration-Rethinks-Syria-Strategy Officials Consider Scrapping Efforts To Create A Large-Scale Rebel Force To Fight Islamic State
· Shocking Back Story To US/Iranian Nuclear Deal Democrats Vote To Give Terrorists Credibility
· Donald Trump Illuminates Illegal Invasion American Job Losses Assessed By NumbersUSA
- Carly-Fiorinas-Great-Admiration-For Hillary Clinton
- The-Un-Armed-Forces-Medley-Trump-For Prez Song
- Fact-Check:So-Did-Trump-Ask-Jeb What Really Happened
· Petition To Secure Border And Enforce Laws: A Victory For Arizona And America
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no Border News Watch
· Turkey Has Spent Almost $8 Billion On Refugees a Turkish deputy prime minister said the country, which has an "open-door policy" for Syrian refugees, has spent $7.6 billion on over 2.2 million refugees. Reuters
SECOND AMENDMENT, FIREARMS
WAR ON COPS
LAW AND ORDER
DEPT OF JUSTICE
· Jeb-Ad: Greatness-In America Unfortunately For Jeb, While He Speaks About America In The Video, Some Of The Footage Used Was Actually Shot In England And Southeast Asia, According To The Washington Times.
BILL AND HILLARY
DEMS AND LIBS
COMMON CORE/ AGENDA 21