- ► August (19)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ▼ September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
Saturday – Sept 19, 2015
· 14 Years Ago: Pres George Bush Threw Out The First Ball After 9-11 Most people are not aware that a secret service guy was dressed as an umpire the night President Bush threw out the pitch during the 2001 World Series at Yankee Stadium.
- National Right to Carry: “The right of self-defense doesn’t stop at the end of your driveway. That’s why I have a concealed carry permit and why tens of millions of Americans do too. That permit should be valid in all 50 states. A driver’s license works in every state, so it’s common sense that a concealed carry permit should work in every state. If we can do that for driving – which is a privilege, not a right – then surely we can do that for concealed carry, which is a right, not a privilege.”
- Military Bases and Recruitment Centers: “Banning our military from carrying firearms on bases and at recruiting centers is ridiculous. We train our military how to safely and responsibly use firearms, but our current policies leave them defenseless. To make America great again, we need a strong military. To have a strong military, we need to allow them to defend themselves.”
- Background Checks: Update the national background check system. “There has been a national background check system in place since 1998. Every time a person buys a gun from a federally licensed gun dealer – which is the overwhelming majority of all gun purchases – they go through a federal background check…
· LD22 Heather Morgan is calling for food volunteers for their Mon., Sept 22 meeting. Here are some ideas: spaghetti, fruit salad, pie, coleslaw, oriental salad, meat dish, sandwiches, banana pudding, cold cuts with cheese and crackers, shrimp, chicken salad, barbeque, kabobs or anything that suits your fancy. Please, let Morgan know if you are bringing something, contact her at (602-410-9817) or (HLMorgan@cox.net).
· Congressman David Schweikert: Even after everything you and I have done - and continue to do - to try to save our country from the curse of out of control spending, I need your help. There is a movement afoot in Washington to paralyze Arizona. How? Barack Obama's repeated attacks on the West, whether through "Waters of the U.S." or amnesty, are about to get a huge boost from Nancy Pelosi.
ü Washington's biggest spenders are out in force.
ü They are crippling future generations with today's spending.
ü And, they are refusing to enact the reforms YOU demand.
I am fighting to make sure your voice is heard. I cannot fight this fight alone. Our opponents are out to discredit and attack us. The simple fact remains, we need more conservatives in Washington!
ü Our opponents want to continue funding Barack Obama's amnesty agency, and they refuse to take on the challenges of today.
ü Nancy Pelosi has her grip on this country's purse strings.
ü I need your help today, whether it's through action or support, to mount the fight to her power-base down two pegs. help today
· LD20 2nd Vice Chairman Wes Harris: While Caryl Fiorian’s performance at the debate was stellar, I had a problem with her "persona" as condescending and elite. I had to give her good marks for her 'performance' as that is what it was. Donald Trump (whom I am happy is running but not necessarily convinced he will prevail) got it right when he mentioned Carly's poor performance as the CEO of H.P. I have known about when and why she was fired but I did not know she got out with $100 million of the stockholders money...talk about a golden parachute. She is not what we want or need as the CEO of our country because she is a closet 'Democrat' in my opinion. I found it laughable how she criticized her 'hero' Hillary. Talk about putting on the 'dog'. See, the-conservative-case-against-carly-fiorina, an excellent review of the 'real' Carly Fiorina but fails to mention that she divorced her first husband, nor the fact that H.P. (under her watch) sold product to Iran 'around' the sanctions and the law, nor that her step daughter who died of an overdose at the age of 35 did not live with Carly but with her mother... so much for the false claims of caring for 'children' on drugs. Yesterday a friend and I discussed how this will all come out. We felt that the 'non establishment' candidates will be narrowed to Donald Trump and Ben Carson and we agreed that the 'establishment' will drop to four...Marco Rubio, Ted Cruse, Jeb Bush and one other. We felt that Bush is unelectable if nothing else but his name. Rubio is liked by women but Ted is not so this will narrow to just Marco against either Trump or Carson. I can live with either of these three. What do you think?
· Gov Doug Ducey is lighting the state capitol dome purple at 6 pm., Oct 1 in recognition of Domestic Violence Awareness for the month of October. The ceremony will be held on the Capitol Building Lawn, 1700 W Washington, Phx. Admission is free. Registration requested at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LightingAZPurple
· Americans for Prosperity Arizona will conduct an Oct 3 protest President Obama’s power grab in his effort hike utility bills and control how we power our homes/businesses. His new energy mandates are the furthest the federal government has ever gone to hike our bills and choke off competition in the energy sector, according to AFP State Director Tom Jenney. The protest will be states at the AFP office. RSVP if participating so they know much food and bring to prepare. To sign up, go HERE. Fill out this PETITION if you believe we should control our energy bills, not unelected federal bureaucrats!
· The NW Valley Tea Party had a good turn out for the Wednesday night Presidential debate. Seems about 40 people showed up for debates …” and no one walked out,” reports one of the leaders. People are singing the praises of Kevin Payne’s BBQ that was served to the guests.
· Republican National Committee (RNC) Chairman Reince Priebus announced today that the RNC raised $8.2 million in August, bringing the total raised for the 2016 election cycle to $71.3 million. The party also has $17.6 million cash on hand. “Our top notch fundraising operation has allowed us to build a nationwide field program as we lay the groundwork for victory. The RNC is fully committed to taking back the White House in 2016 and thanks to our donors’ unwavering support we are able to be on the ground in battleground states, registering voters, recruiting volunteers, and carrying the Republican message across the country.Americans have struggled under the Obama administration and its failed policies for six long years and we can’t afford to continue along this path under Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden, or Bernie Sanders. With the support of a strong RNC behind them, I know that our eventual nominee will succeed in bringing Republican solutions back to the Oval Office.” Fast Facts:
ü Total raised in August 2015: $8.2 million
ü Total raised cycle-to-date: $71.3 million
ü Total cash on hand: $17.6 million
ü Percentage of donations $200 and under in August 2015: 99%
ü Average donation in August 2015: $60
ü Debt in August 2015: $1.8 million
· Sat., Sept 26 Is The Deadline for making reservations for the Oct 10 Arizona Citizens Defense League AzCDL’s Tenth Annual Meeting of Members. Online tickets $20 each. Click here to join AzCDL. Speakers include David Codrea will address“Attorney For Freedom” and Marc Victor, a criminal defense attorney with an expertise in firearms related issues. Door prizes will be several 500 round groupings of ammunition in popular handgun and rifle calibers, including the elusive .22 LR. Drawings: four Ruger LC9S pistols. Raffle tickets - online store - right below the annual meeting tickets. As with all our annual meetings the open carrying of holstered firearms is appreciated. (AzCDL).
· The Sun Lakes Republican Club will meet at 6:30 pm., Oct 13 with Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio because “he is the greatest sheriff in the USA.” The meeting is scheduled at the Sun Lakes Country Club, 25601 N. Sun Lakes Blvd., Sun Lakes, AZ 85248. Contact President Michael Tennant firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Central Republican Women Of Phoenix have changed their October meeting venue to the Phoenix Hilton Suites, 10 E Thomas, Phx. The meeting begins at 6:15 pm., Thurs., Oct 1 with speaker Attorney General Mark Brnovich. $30 per plate. Social beginning at 5:30 pm. RSVP to Tina Shaw at email@example.com, or by phone at 623-934-9730 no later than Sun, Sept. 27. Space is limited and reservations are necessary. A reservation made is a reservation paid unless canceled by Sun, Sept 27.
· ‘Close the Primary Resolution Author A J LaFaro's firstname.lastname@example.org Upcoming Speaking Schedule: .
ü Sept 25 –Fri – 6:30 pm, Deer Valley Tea Party, Deer Valley Airport, 702 W Deer Valley Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85027.
· LD30 Saga Moves Forward: The LD30 ‘Special Meeting’ (recall election of Chairman Gary Hirsch) will be held at 7 pm., Mon., Sept 28 at the VFW Post 1433, 7618 N. 63rd Ave, Glendale, AZ 85301, according to Maricopa County Republican Committee Executive Director April Riggins, who is charge of the special meeting. Only credentialed person approved by the Executive Director will be allowed into the special meeting. Registration opens at 6 pm. Riggins is MCRC Chairman Tyler Bowyer’s appointee to run the meeting.
· The Arizona American African Republican Committee (AAARC) will meet at 6:30 pm., Thurs., Sept 24 at AZGOP Headquarters, 3501 N. 24th St., Phx. Contact: AAARC Chairman: Rev Clyde Bowen 602 274 5439 AAARC6@centurylink.net http://on.fb.me/1gvG0Bb
· The Arizona Project will meet at 6:30 pm., Mon., Sept 21 at 3375 E Shea Blvd, Phx to hear two veterans – Marcus Tillis and Louise “Weezie” Burrell from VFW Post 9400 and make plans for the next GOP Debate on Oct 28. Their “Candidates Corral” is scheduled for Sat., Feb 20, 2016. Contact: Chr Ronald Ludders, 602-0677-1486.
· Volunteers Are Needed to walk with Dr. Kelli Ward’s ‘Team Ward’ at the Andy Divine Days Parade scheduled at 10 a.m, Sat., Sept 26 in Kingman. If interested contact Josh DeFord at TeamWardWest@gmail.com
· Gov Ducey's Office Of Boards And Commisions is accepting applications for the Arizona Game and Fish Commission no later than 5 pm, Wed., Oct 7. In accordance with Arizona law, the Game and Fish Commission is required to be politically-balanced and representative of all 15 counties.. Residents of Cochise, Gila, Graham, Greenlee, La Paz, Mohave, Navajo, Pima, Pinal, Santa Cruz and Yavapai are eligible and encouraged to apply by clicking here . Or see their website. Or contact the Gov’s Office of Boards and Commissions at (602) 542-2449.
· LD22 Is Conducting A Raffle for a D.P.M.S. Oracle 5.56 Semi-Automatic Rifle or 840 Rounds of Ammunition: 5.56, 62 grain stripper clipped bullets, packaged in Two Metal Ammo Boxes. Second prize: Vizio HD SMART TV 48”, LED, LCD, Internet Apps, etc. Only 310 tickets @ $10 each. Contact information: (mobile) 714.267.1693 or email RepLD22Raffle@aol.com
· LD21 is conducting a Cabela’s Gift Cards Raffle. First prize is a $1,000 gift care. Second prize is a $500 gift card. Tickets: $10. Only 300 tickets available. To purchase tickets contact Larry Dick email@example.com
· Operation Enduring Gratitude (Veterans serving Veterans by Rebuilding Homes and Lives) is co-sponsoring a B2B Networking Mixer at 6 pm., Oct 8 at the Clover Leaf Gastrolounge, 4225 N. Craftsman Court, Old Town Scottsdale. Contact: OEG founder Charlie Ellis (480) 678-0938 Charlie@OperationEnduringGratitude.Org
· The Arizona Game and Fish Department and Tread Lightly will host a Nov. 7 BBQ and shoot at the Arizona State Credit Union Pavilion, at the Ben Avery Shooting Facility in Phoenix. Proceeds to benefit the “Respected Access is Open Access in Arizona” campaign. Tickets are available online at www.tinyurl.com/respectedaccess. $75 per person, includes dinner catered by Bobby Q restaurant, targets and two boxes of ammunition, before Oct. 15. $100 after Oct. 15. Dinner only is $50 before Oct 15; $60 after Oct 15. Contact: (800) 966-9900, Ext. 13, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. www.respectedaccessarizona.org.
· The Lincoln Women’s Republican Self Defense Seminar will be offered from 10am-1 pm., Oct 24 at the Scottsdale Millennium 7401 N Scottsdale Rd Scottsdale, AZ 85253. Instructors Shannon “The Cannon” Ritch and Dan “The Beast” Severn will provide basic self-defense instruction for women of all ages. Doors open at 9:30 am. Sessions will be offered in anti-rape and self defense.
· The Annual Citizens Defense League ( AzCDL) Gun Rights Policy Conference (GRPC) Will Be Held On Sept 25-27 In Phoenix. This Is A Great Opportunity To Network And Hear The Leaders In The “Gun Rights” Movement.
· Maricopa County Supervisor Steve Chucri will address the Fountain Hills Republican Club “Fall Forum/Dinner” scheduled between 4-6 pm, Sat., Oct 17 at the FH Presbyterian Church. All candidates and elected officials are invited. This event replaces the traditional FNRC’s September picnic in Golden Eagle Park. $15 per advance pay. $18 for non-members and at the door arrivals. Youth 12 and under free. Secretary of State Michelle Reagan is scheduled for Nov 21. Their Christmas party is Dec. 12.
· Ann Corcoran On Refugee Resettlement Interesting 4 minute video on Muslim re-settlement in the US led by the UN from Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq and soon Syria.
· GOP Presidential Candidate Contacts:
Ben Carson www.bencarson.com
Bobby Jindal www.bobbyjindal.com
Carly Forina www.carlyforpresident.com
Chris Christi www.chrischristie.com
Donald Trump www.donaldjtrump.com
George Patake www.georgepataki.com
Jeb Bush www.jeb2016.com
John Kasich www.johnkasich.com
Lindsey Graham www.lindseygraham.com
Marc Rubio www.marcorubio.com
Mike Huckabee www.mikehuckabee
Rand Paul www.randpaul.com
*Rick Perry www.rickperry.org Campaign suspended
Rick Santorum www.ricksantorum.com
Scott Walker www.scottwalker.com
Ted Cruz www.tedcruz.org
- Links To All 9 Planned Parenthood Videos
ü 1st Planned Parenthood video: video 1
ü 2nd Planned Parenthood video: video 2
ü 3rd Planned Parenthood video: video 3
ü 4th Planned Parenthood video: video 4
ü 5th Planned Parenthood video: video 5
ü 6th Planned Parenthood video: video 6
ü 7th Planned Parenthood video: video 7
ü 8th Planned Parenthood video: video 8
ü 9th Planned Parenthood video: video 9
Borrowed from Sandi Bartlett’s ‘Bartlett Bunker’
· Call The White House 202-456-1111 Comments. Switchboard: 202-456-1414. Contact Senate https://www.senate.gov/ or Representatives http://www.house.gov/ Let them know how you feel. Hold their feet to the fire. They wanted these positions so badly, hold them accountable. Arizona delegation phone numbers:
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
· The Pima County Republican Club will meet at 11:30 am., Tues., Sept 22 at 450 S Tucson Blvd. Tucson, Arizona 85716.
· Freedom Fires will meet at 6:30 pm., Wed., Sept 23 at Burke Basic School, 131 E Southern Ave., Mesa to hear Reps Justin Olson and former Rep Barbara Blewster.
· Col Jon Gold, US Army (Ret) will address the ACT Tucson/Marana Chapter at 6 pm., Wed., Sept 23 in the Nanini Branch Library, in Tucson.
· The ACT Tucson Chapter will meet at 6 pm., Wed., Sept 23 at Nanini Branch Library, 7300 N. Shannon Road, in Tucson AZ. Goodies to be provided. Speaker Jon H. Gold; Colonel, US Army (Ret.). is a career Military Intelligence Officer, diplomatic negotiator, European, South Western Asia & Pacific Theatres. RSVP Lyle ActTucson@aol.com or cell (520) 820-8258 Learn about the potential dangers associated with radical Islam, Sharia law, and the Muslim Brotherhood. Contact: www.ActTucson.com & ACT national at www.actforamerica.org
· LD17 will conduct PC training at its 7 pm., Tues, Sept 29 meeting at the Tri-City Baptist Church Seminary Bldg, 2211 W Germann Road, Chandler, AZ 85286. Contact: Chairman Shadow Asgari, LD17shadow@gmail.com.
· The Sabino High School Young Republican Club will meet Fri., Sept 25 at 450 S Tucson Blvd. Tucson, Arizona 85716. Tim tba.
· The Republican Club of Green Valley/Sahuarita will meet at 9 am, Fri., Sept 25 at 301 W Camino Casa Verde Green Valley, AZ 85614
· PC Training will be held 9am-11am., Sat. Sept 26 at the West Valley Republican Office 10050 W. Bell Road, Suite 50 Sun City, AZ 85351. Training will focus on recruiting PC's and engaging with voters. The second hour of the training will allow PCs to work with experienced activists on a short walk using i360 voter data. RSVP to Chris Herring ChrisHerringAZ@yahoo.com
· Election Integrity in Pima County will be addressed at 2 pm., Sat., Sept 26 in the Murphy-Wilmot Public Library, 530 N Wilmot Road, Tucson, Arizona 85710.
· The Foundation For Responsible Accountable Government will hold an “Election Integrity in Pima County’ meeting at 2 pm., Sat., Sept 26 in the Murphy-Wilmot Public Library, 530 N Wilmot Rd, Tucson, AZ 85710.
· Operation Enduring Gratitude (Veterans serving Veterans by Rebuilding Homes and Lives) plans its final clean up between 6:30 am and noon, Sat., Sept 26 for Viet Nam Corps of Engineers veteran Fred Terry of New River. Terry lost his home to a kitchen fire several months ago. Location: (East of 7th St & Circle Mtn Road), New River, AZ. Contact: OEG founder Charlie Ellis (480) 678-0938 Charlie@OperationEnduringGratitude.Org
Announced 2016 Candidates
Please comply with the 300 word limit policy.
· US Senate Candidate Kelli Ward: John McCain is not invincible! For the first time, Kelli Ward is beating McCain in the polls by 9 points. The poll shows that momentum is on the side of Ward. In the last poll, Ward was trailing McCain by 13 points. However, one fifth of voters are still undecided. Washington insiders do not want McCain to be defeated. Ward told Breitbart News:"Primary voters of all ages and political ideologies who participated in this poll are making it clear that John McCain is not their choice for U.S. Senate. My name recognition is increasing which is very encouraging because we are so early in the election cycle. Arizona voters are looking for a fresh, bold, proven leader with new ideas to move our country in the right direction. Over 30 years of the same old Establishment pragmatism has worn thin and turned many of those currently in D.C. into Democrat-lite lawmakers – people are ready to Shake Up D.C. with me."
McCain is out of touch with grassroots conservatives. After being in Congress for 27 years, McCain has turned into part of the problem; not the solution. It is time for him to retire. McCain supports guest worker programs, amnesty, higher taxes, and gun control. It is outrageous that McCain teams up with Democrats to fight conservative legislation. Ward will defend the Constitution. As a State Senator, she worked to downsize government, cut spending, and protect gun rights. She has been a advocate for border security and stricter immigration enforcement. In the US Senate, Ward will work to balance the budget, secure our borders, and repeal ObamaCare. She is also committed to ending Common Core and restoring state sovereignty. - Kelli Ward
· Tempe-Squatters: City-Asks-Judge-To Toss-Case Squatting For 120 Years
· Survey: 92% Call Illegal Immigration A 'Problem,' 77% Say It's 'Serious' A recent survey shows a majority of Americans think illegal immigration is a “very serious” problem and would support measures to deport illegal...
· Gov. Spends $387K To Study 'Unconscious' Racism Of Doctors The Federal Government just awarded a hefty grant, courtesy of the American taxpayer, to the University Of Arizona to study and train doctors...
· AZ US Rep. Gosar Shuns Pope Francis’ Speech To Congress Pope abandons moral authority in favor of emphasis on leftist policies. He disdains capitalism and embraces the radical environmentalism and false science of climate change, rather than focusing on the persecution and slaughter of Christians and religious minorities by ISIS and other Islamic terrorist organizations, and intentional genocide of unborn children by Planned Parenthood.
· Shocking Back Story To US/Iranian Nuclear Deal Democrats Vote To Give Terrorists Credibility
· Donald Trump Illuminates Illegal Invasion American Job Losses Assessed By NumbersUSA
- Carly-Fiorina-Jig-Is-Up-Conservative Credentials Revoked
- Mark-Levin-Interviews-Donald-Trump: He's Engaging As Hell
· Petition To Secure Border And Enforce Laws: A Victory For Arizona And America
· How to Help the Payson Christian School Using your Arizona Taxes! Most of us have to pay Arizona state taxes. What if you could choose exactly how you want it spent?
· God's Not Dead: The Newsboys. Youtube music video.
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no Border News Watch
SECOND AMENDMENT, FIREARMS
FIRST AMENDMENT – FREEDOM OF SPEECH
LAW AND ORDER
BILL AND HILLARY
DEMS AND LIBS
COMMON CORE/ AGENDA 21