- ► June (26)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ▼ September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
Monday – Sept 21, 2015
· The LD 30 Special Meeting will be held at 7 pm., Mon., Sept 28. Doors open for credentialing at 6 pm. Only credentialed persons will be admitted into the meeting. All calls concerning this meeting are to be directed to Executive Director April Riggins of the Republican Party of Maricopa County at 480-264-5266. Do NOT Call The Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 1433. Thank you for your consideration of our Honored Veterans.
· The Fountain Hills Republican Club's "GOP Social" will start at 6 p.m., Sept 22 at Sapori D'Italia, 11865 N. Saguaro Blvd, Fountain Hills. This is a social event. No speeches, no reservations, no host social. No host drink (and optional food) t. Everyone welcome. Contact: Secretary Boe James at FHRepublican@gmail.com or http://www.FHRepublicanClub.org.
· LD22 1st Vice Chair Glenn M. Haynes: Frosty, I would like to offer our appreciation for your continuing to run our raffle announcement. Sales will pick up now that the snowbirds are returning. I will let you know when we have the drawing.
· Phoenix City Councilman Sal DiCiccio: The National Weather Service has issued a Flash Flood Watch until tomorrow at 5 p.m. The Valley could expect to see as many as three total inches of rain in this time period. City of Phoenix storm teams are already on standby, preparing in many ways. Sand is available for free at 12 fire stations. Residents must bring their own bags and shovels.
Key city departments, including Street Transportation and Public Works, have crews on standby, ready to respond. Crews have prepped and checked all storm response equipment, and are making sure that critical catch basins are clear to ensure proper water drainage.
For more storm-related information, including street closures and safety information, visit phoenix.gov/update and follow the city on social media. DiCiccio – District 6
· Maricopa County Board of Supervisors Steve Gallardo: Maricopa County On Standby As Storms Move Through The State - The storms aren’t packing the punch they once were, but the potential for downpours with one to two inches of rain still exist. The National Weather Service still has a flash flood watch in effect until 8 pm for that reason and I hope you are prepared just in case your neighborhood sees rain.
The Maricopa County Department of Transportation has a list of locations where you can find sand and fill your own sandbags.
ü 24-Hour Self-Serve Sandbag Locations - To help residents and businesses prepare for possible flooding due to the forecasted heavy rains, MCDOT is providing sand, sandbags and ties on a first-come, first-served basis at the locations listed below. The public is required to bring their own shovel and fill their own sandbags.
ü Surprise: MCDOT Northwest Maintenance Facility - Dysart Road and Elm Street (Just south of Bell Road)
ü New River: Daisy Mountain Fire Department
• 43814 North New River Road, just south of Circle Mountain Road
• 3116 North New River Road, just west of 43rd Avenue
ü Tonopah: MCDOT Water Station - 355th Lane and Papago Street (Major cross streets: 355th Avenue and Buckeye Road)
ü Chandler: Firebird Fuel - 11350 East Germann Road (1 block east of Arizona Avenue on Germann Road)
ü Buckeye: Buckeye Valley Fire Department - 25206 West MC 85 (Miller Road and MC 85)
ü South Phoenix: South of MCDOT Highway Operations Building - 28th Drive, south of R.C. Esterbrooks Boulevard (Major cross streets 27th Avenue and Durango Street)
ü Laveen: Laveen Education Center - 5001 West Dobbins Road, east of 51st Avenue – east parking lot
ü Safe Driving Tips - Flooded Roadways and Washes
• Don’t Risk It!
• Never cross a rain-swollen wash
• Do not drive around roadway barriers
• Never underestimate the power and force of water
ü Inoperative Traffic Light/Power Outage - Treat the intersection just like a four-way STOP!
ü I encourage you to prepare if you live in a low lying area of the county. The threat of rain will remain for much of Tuesday as well. Remain informed of minute-by-minute weather information from the Flood Control District of Maricopa County. - Steve Gallardo
Supervisor, District 5
· Joseph Perron, CEO of the AZ East Valley Pro-Life Alliance, Inc. is urging voters to contact Senators John McCain at 202-224-2235 and Jeff Flake at 202-224-4521 on Tues., Sept 22 and request they support of SB1553 – the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act. The House passed HR36 (same bill) on May 13, 20125. SB1553 would make it unlawful to perform or attempt to perform an abortion on a pre-born child determined to be beyond the 20-week gestation period or five months of pregnancy. See 10th-video-catches-planned-parenthood: we-sell-fresh-aborted-baby-eyes-hearts-and-‘gonads’ Contact: Perron at 480-216-7217 Life@EVProLifeAlliance.org
· Sat, Sept 26, Is The Deadline to purchase tickets for Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL)Tenth Annual Membership Meeting to be held Oct 10 in Tucson. Pre-registration required. Tickets will not be sold at the door.
· Secretary of State Michelle Reagan and ASU students will host a Mock Presidential Primary Election (PPE)at ASU between 11 am-3 pm., Tues., Sept 22 on the Hayden Lawn, adjacent to Memorial Union at Arizona State University in Tempe in an effort to get students to register and participate in the March 22 PPE. Registration closes on Feb. 22. Early balloting begins Feb. 24. By federal statute, the PPE is a closed election where only members of the political parties on the ballot are allowed to participate
· Arizona Capitol Times will honor the 2015 Leaders of the Year in Public Policy Honorees
at a 5:30 pm., Sept 30 cocktail party at the Arizona Biltmore, McArthur Ballroom, 2400 E. Missouri Ave., Phoenix. Individual tickets $85. Corporate table $900. VIP table $1,500. Contact: Kim McWherter at 602.889.7125 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· Senate Conservatives Action President Ken Cuccinelli II; Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell wants you to think he opposes the effort to defund Planned Parenthood in the continuing resolution because it could cause a government shutdown and he doesn't have 60 votes in the Senate when in fact it only takes 41 votes to filibuster funding for the organization. He doesn’t care about stopping funding for Planned Parenthood, and he never has. Facts he doesn't want you to know:
(1) In 1992, McConnell voted to allow taxpayer-funded research using body parts from aborted babies. Roll Call Vote #263, 10/2/92 This policy, which was vetoed by President George H. W. Bush but later signed into law by President Bill Clinton, had the effect of making abortion even more profitable for Planned Parenthood.
(2) In 1992, McConnell voted to overturn the so-called "Reagan Rule" that prohibited Planned Parenthood from using taxpayer dollars for pro-abortion counseling. Roll Call Vote #254, 10/1/92 McConnell's vote was to override President Bush's veto, but the House sustained it. Then, in 1993, President Clinton overturned the "Reagan Rule" by Executive Order on the first day of his administration.
(3) In 1997, McConnell voted against a targeted ban on federal funding for research on body parts from abortions. Roll Call Vote #215, 9/4/97 McConnell was one of 14 liberal Republicans who voted to allow taxpayer-funded research on body parts from abortions.
(4) McConnell has voted for at least 15 bills that provided funding for Planned Parenthood dating back to 1998. At least six of his past votes to fund it were when Republicans controlled the House, Senate, and White House. He has repeatedly voted to force American taxpayers to fund Planned Parenthood. Please call the Senate Republicans an urge them to oppose the CR that funds Planned Parenthood. Tell them to stand up to McConnell. If he wants to fund Planned Parenthood, he should be forced to do it alone.
· Former Gilbert Public School Board President And LD16 PC Staci Griffin-Burk email@example.com: Evidence shows that despite the loss of the override, teachers (and for that matter admin as well) have still received raises every year for the last 5 years straight (there was a 1% raise in 2011.)
The Gilbert Board and Maricopa County Supt of Schools Don Covey were directed to appear in Maricopa County Superior Court this morning at 11am to answer to the Court as to the reason that both Covey and the GPS Board allowed the factual inaccuracy (that teachers have had only one raise in the last 7 years) to go to print in the override and bond publicity pamphlet which is scheduled to be mailed out to all voters within the next couple weeks.
Covey, instead of performing his required statutory duty under ARS 15-481B9 to ensure that all factual statements are correct in the override and bond publicity pamphlet, spent hours trying to censure what he believed to be satirical or sarcastic opinions of some of the pro override arguments submitted. The statute is clear that he cannot censure opinions, but must correct factual inaccuracies. The facts are;
In 2012, GPS teachers made between $35,557 and $66,330 (2% raise)
In 2013, GPS teachers made between $36,611 and $68,334 (3% raise)
In 2014, GPS teachers made between $37,143 and $69,290 (1.4% raise)
In 2015, GPS teachers made between $37,737 and $70,399 (1.6% raise)
See GPS board minutes at www.gilbertschoools.net
· LD20 2nd Vice Chair Wes Harris: A recent survey conducted at the behest of the Chamber of Commerce revealed some unintended consequences by actions or inactions of our state judiciary system. Question: What is the economic impact of the actions of the 50 state's judicial systems? The answer as it pertains to Arizona is that we have been falling on an annual basis from the eight best state to now the 25th (worst) state. No where will you find this result posted by the MSM in Arizona because the powers that be do not want you to know.
The state judiciary has long used the mandatory State Bar Association as the 'inquisitor' , 'judge' and 'jury' to quell any decent that would result in a revision to stem the corruption of the judiciary in our state. Many of those that have been impacted by this corruption have banded together to try and initiate positive reform to this system in Arizona under the name "Citizens 4 Clean Courts", an organization I urge you to check out.
Last legislative session LD20 Rep. Anthony Kern sponsored a bill that would have stripped the mandatory clause that requires attorneys be a member of the State Bar Association under our State's right to work law. This bill was attacked by both the State Bar Association and members of the State's Supreme Court which resulted in it being defeated on the House floor by one vote. Another bill will be brought forward in January of 2016 and we need all the support we can get to counter what will surely be another concerted effort by the State Bar Association and our State Judges to defeat it again. Other actions are contemplated that will further the cause of eliminating the corruption that runs unabated in our judiciary. See . www.azbarwatch.com www.citizens4cleancourts-az.org Contact: 602-942-9281, 602-432-2871 (cell), firstname.lastname@example.org
· Mark Sensmeier was elected Yavapai County Republican Committee Chairman on Saturday. Rose Sperry was elected to the Secretary position and former legislator Linda Gray replaces Sensmeiere as the First Vice Chair.
· It Looks Like It Will Soon Be Musical Chairs In LD21. Chairman Kevin Payne will resign to make a run for a House set. Chris Herring will run for chairmanship of LD21 as Payne moved on. Rep Rick Gray will move out of the legislature as he reaches for a seat on the Arizona Corporation Commission.
· Volunteers Are Needed to walk with Dr. Kelli Ward’s ‘Team Ward’ at the Andy Divine Days Parade scheduled at 10 a.m, Sat., Sept 26 in Kingman. Ward has announced her ‘intent to run’ for US senate against Sen. John McCain. If interested contact Josh DeFord at TeamWardWest@gmail.com
· LD22 Is Conducting A Raffle for a D.P.M.S. Oracle 5.56 Semi-Automatic Rifle or 840 Rounds of Ammunition: 5.56, 62 grain stripper clipped bullets, packaged in Two Metal Ammo Boxes. Second prize: Vizio HD SMART TV 48”, LED, LCD, Internet Apps, etc. Only 310 tickets @ $10 each. Contact information: (mobile) 714.267.1693 or email RepLD22Raffle@aol.com
· LD21 is conducting a Cabela’s Gift Cards Raffle. First prize is a $1,000 gift care. Second prize is a $500 gift card. Tickets: $10. Only 300 tickets available. To purchase tickets contact Larry Dick email@example.com
· GOP Presidential Candidate Contacts:
Ben Carson www.bencarson.com
Bobby Jindal www.bobbyjindal.com
Carly Forina www.carlyforpresident.com
Chris Christi www.chrischristie.com
Donald Trump www.donaldjtrump.com
George Patake www.georgepataki.com
Jeb Bush www.jeb2016.com
John Kasich www.johnkasich.com
Lindsey Graham www.lindseygraham.com
Marc Rubio www.marcorubio.com
Mike Huckabee www.mikehuckabee
Rand Paul www.randpaul.com
*Rick Perry www.rickperry.org Campaign suspended
Rick Santorum www.ricksantorum.com
Scott Walker www.scottwalker.com Campaign suspended
Ted Cruz www.tedcruz.org
· Links To All 9 Planned Parenthood Videos
ü 1st Planned Parenthood video: video 1
ü 2nd Planned Parenthood video: video 2
ü 3rd Planned Parenthood video: video 3
ü 4th Planned Parenthood video: video 4
ü 5th Planned Parenthood video: video 5
ü 6th Planned Parenthood video: video 6
ü 7th Planned Parenthood video: video 7
ü 8th Planned Parenthood video: video 8
ü 9th Planned Parenthood video: video 9
Borrowed from Sandi Bartlett’s ‘Bartlett Bunker’
· Call The White House 202-456-1111 Comments. Switchboard: 202-456-1414. Contact Senate https://www.senate.gov/ or Representatives http://www.house.gov/ Let them know how you feel. Hold their feet to the fire. They wanted these positions so badly, hold them accountable. Arizona delegation phone numbers:
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
· The Pima County Republican Club will meet at 11:30 am., Tues., Sept 22 at 450 S Tucson Blvd. Tucson, Arizona 85716.
· Freedom Fires will meet at 6:30 pm., Wed., Sept 23 at Burke Basic School, 131 E Southern Ave., Mesa to hear Reps Justin Olson and former Rep Barbara Blewster.
· The Estrella Conservative Republican Club meets at 7 pm., Wed., Sept 23 at the Estrella Foothills High School, 13033 Estrella Parkway, Goodyear to hear Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio. Contact: Chairman Richard Newcomer 623-398-5638 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Col Jon Gold, US Army (Ret) will address the ACT Tucson/Marana Chapter at 6 pm., Wed., Sept 23 in the Nanini Branch Library, in Tucson.
· The ACT Tucson Chapter will meet at 6 pm., Wed., Sept 23 at Nanini Branch Library, 7300 N. Shannon Road, in Tucson AZ. Goodies to be provided. Speaker Jon H. Gold; Colonel, US Army (Ret.). is a career Military Intelligence Officer, diplomatic negotiator, European, South Western Asia & Pacific Theatres. RSVP Lyle ActTucson@aol.com or cell (520) 820-8258 Learn about the potential dangers associated with radical Islam, Sharia law, and the Muslim Brotherhood. Contact: www.ActTucson.com & ACT national at www.actforamerica.org
· LD17 will conduct PC training at its 7 pm., Tues, Sept 29 meeting at the Tri-City Baptist Church Seminary Bldg, 2211 W Germann Road, Chandler, AZ 85286. Contact: Chairman Shadow Asgari, LD17shadow@gmail.com.
· The Arizona American African Republican Committee (AAARC) will meet at 6:30 pm., Thurs., Sept 24 at AZGOP Headquarters, 3501 N. 24th St., Phx. Contact: AAARC Chairman: Rev Clyde Bowen 602 274 5439 AAARC6@centurylink.net http://on.fb.me/1gvG0Bb
· The Sabino High School Young Republican Club will meet Fri., Sept 25 at 450 S Tucson Blvd. Tucson, Arizona 85716. Tim tba.
· The Republican Club of Green Valley/Sahuarita will meet at 9 am, Fri., Sept 25 at 301 W Camino Casa Verde Green Valley, AZ 85614.
· ‘Close the Primary Resolution Author A J LaFaro's email@example.com will speak to the 6:30 pm, Fri., Sept 25 Deer Valley Tea Party, Deer Valley Airport, 702 W Deer Valley Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85027.
· The Annual Citizens Defense League ( AzCDL) Gun Rights Policy Conference (GRPC) Will Be Held On Sept 25-27 In Phoenix. This Is A Great Opportunity To Network And Hear The Leaders In The “Gun Rights” Movement.
· PC Training will be held 9am-11am., Sat. Sept 26 at the West Valley Republican Office 10050 W. Bell Road, Suite 50 Sun City, AZ 85351. Training will focus on recruiting PC's and engaging with voters. The second hour of the training will allow PCs to work with experienced activists on a short walk using i360 voter data. RSVP to Chris Herring ChrisHerringAZ@yahoo.com
· Sat., Sept 26 Is The Deadline for making reservations for the Oct 10 Arizona Citizens Defense League AzCDL’s Tenth Annual Meeting of Members. Online tickets $20 each. Click here to join AzCDL. Speakers include David Codrea will address“Attorney For Freedom” and Marc Victor, a criminal defense attorney with an expertise in firearms related issues. Door prizes will be several 500 round groupings of ammunition in popular handgun and rifle calibers, including the elusive .22 LR. Drawings: four Ruger LC9S pistols. Raffle tickets - online store - right below the annual meeting tickets. As with all our annual meetings the open carrying of holstered firearms is appreciated. (AzCDL).
· Election Integrity in Pima County will be addressed at 2 pm., Sat., Sept 26 in the Murphy-Wilmot Public Library, 530 N Wilmot Road, Tucson, Arizona 85710.
· The Foundation For Responsible Accountable Government will hold an “Election Integrity in Pima County’ meeting at 2 pm., Sat., Sept 26 in the Murphy-Wilmot Public Library, 530 N Wilmot Rd, Tucson, AZ 85710.
· Operation Enduring Gratitude (Veterans serving Veterans by Rebuilding Homes and Lives) plans its final clean up between 6:30 am and noon, Sat., Sept 26 for Viet Nam Corps of Engineers veteran Fred Terry of New River. Terry lost his home to a kitchen fire several months ago. Location: (East of 7th St & Circle Mtn Road), New River, AZ. Contact: OEG founder Charlie Ellis (480) 678-0938 Charlie@OperationEnduringGratitude.Org www.OperationEnduringGratitude.Org
· The Tempe Republican Women will meet at 6:30 pm., Mon., Sept 28 at the Pyle Recreation Center, 655 E Southern, Tempe to hear Free Market Warrior, author, economist Loren Spivack. Contact: President Jessica Merrow 480-306-2545.
· Congress-Vote-On Iran-Nuclear-Deal McCain Debate
· Engineer-Look-At-Bomb-Clock… Makes Suspicious Discovery
· Gov-Scott-Walker-Suspends-Campaign, Raising-Question Does The GOP Electorate Actually Want An Outsider In The White House, Making The Tough Decisions In These Uncertain Times?
· Carly-Fiorina: A-Spiteful-McRino-Not-A-Victim After watching the “victim” as a catty aggressor, read “The Conservative Case Against Carly Fiorina,” by John Hawkins. You’ll find an establishment-backed moderate with long ties to John McCain. Her newly burnished conservative label is merely campaign re-branding.
- Arizona-Paula-Pennypacker-Starts Independents For Trump On Facebook
- AZ-Rep-Paul-Gosar-Why-I-Am-Boycotting Pope's Address To Congress
- Donald-Trump-'Enough With Nice'
- Donald-Trump-Reveals-25-Personal-Things About Himself
- Carly-Fiorina-Jig-Is-Up-Conservative Credentials Revoked
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no Border News Watch
· Germany Arrests ISIS Recruiter Posing As Asylum Seeker Fake Passports, Terrorists In Disguise And The Machinations Of Saudi Arabia Make The Refugee Crisis In Europe More Complicated Than It Seems.
SECOND AMENDMENT, FIREARMS
WAR ON WOMEN
WAR ON COPS
LAW AND ORDER
· Study: More Subs, Fewer Carriers to Combat Chinese Military Growth Faced with China's growing anti-surface ship capacity, the U.S. should decrease its emphasis on large aircraft carriers in the Pacific and spend more on submarines, space capabilities and ways to make air bases and aircraft less vulnerable, according to a report
JUDGE JEANINE PIRRO
ü The Complete Guide on Carly Fiorina…Part One Budget and Immigration
ü The Complete Guide on Carly Fiorina…Part Two Education, Energy and Business Experience
ü The Complete Guide on Carly Fiorina…Part Three Foreign Policy
ü The Complete Guide on Carly Fiorina…Part Four Civil Liberties and Free Market
ü The Complete Guide on Carly Fiorina…Part Five Healthcare, Entitlements and Moral Issues
ü The Complete Guide on Carly Fiorina…Part Six Taxes, Economy and Trade
· He-Shocked-The-Senate Marco Rubio
BILL AND HILLARY
· Hillary’s Communication Director Inadvertently Admits She’s Not Fit For Presidency [Video]
DEMS AND LIBS
· Liberal Heads Explode As Carson Says He Would Not Support A Muslim As POTUS
· Isis On New Campaign To Destroy Christian Houses In Nineveh On Saturday Alone, The Islamic State Destroyed 21 Houses Belonging To Christians And Shabaks, An Ethnic Minority Group In Iraq.
· Al-Aqsa Imam: We Will Conquer Europe Through Breeding In An Address In Al-Aqsa Mosque On The Temple Mount In Jerusalem, Sheikh Muhammad Ayed Vows That Muslim Fertility Will Conquer Europe Whether They Like It Or Not.