- ► March (17)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (28)
- ► December (20)
- ► November (25)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (30)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ▼ September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
Friday – Sept 25, 2015
· Prescription Drug Take-Back Locations In conjunction with the 10th annual National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day, Governor Doug Ducey and the Office of Youth, Faith and Family are encouraging all Arizonans to safely and responsibly dispose of unwanted, unused and expired prescription medicines at one of the several collection sites throughout the state, including the Arizona State Capitol. This nationwide event is aimed at preventing prescription medication abuse by giving individuals the opportunity to turn in unwanted or unneeded prescription drugs for proper disposal consistent with Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) policies. “Prescription Drug Take-Back Day addresses a crucial and growing problem in Arizona and across the nation,” said Governor Doug Ducey. “By educating and encouraging individuals to properly discard their unwanted medication – rather than let it sit in their medicine cabinets, where it’s easily accessible and susceptible to misuse – we can do our part to curb prescription drug abuse in our state. I encourage all Arizonans to visit one of the 117 locations across Arizona tomorrow and be a part of the solution.” Collection sites for every local community in Arizona can be found here.
· The Corte Bella Veterans are holding a fundraiser at the Panda Express between 6-9 pm., Mon., Sept 28 at 9753 W Happy Valley Road, Peoria. Proceeds to benefit America’s Mighty Warriors.
· Let-The-Democrats-House-The-Syrians So, Mr. Secretary Kerry, how many Syrian refugees can I put you down for?
· Dem Matt Heinz, who has announced his candidacy against GOP CD2 incumbent Martha McSally, is elated that a poll he has ranks McSally below 50% approval. It’s beginning to look like the GOP has a fight on its hands to keep that seat Red.
· Sat, Sept 26 Is The 10th Annual National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day which aims to provide a safe, convenient, and responsible means of disposing of prescription drugs, while also educating the general public about the potential for abuse of medications. The Arizona Attorney General’s Office continues to partner with law enforcement agencies across the state by providing secured community drug collection devices in local police departments. To date, 11 drug collection units have been distributed to different police agencies statewide including: the Salt River Nation, Fountain Hills, El Mirage, Buckeye, Gilbert, Florence, Quartzsite, San Carlos Apache Nation, the Fort Mojave Indian Tribe and two units on the Hualapai Nation. A list of more than 100 statewide drop off locations can be found here. Contact Amilyn Pierce at Amilyn.Pierce@azag.gov.
· The Central Republican Woman of Phoenix meeting is Thurs., Oct 1 at the Hilton Phoeni Suites, 10 E Thomas Road, Phx. AZ Attorney General Mark Brnovich is scheduled to speak.
· If You Wish To Light Up Your Home With Purple Light Bulbs Oct 1 in recognition of putting a stop to domestic violence, you can pick them up at your local Home Depot, according to the Guv’s office. Proceeds will benefit domestic violence prevention. See ItCanStop.AZ.gov
· The Arizona Game and Fish Department's award-winning television show, "Arizona Wildlife Views," has received 11 regional Emmy® nominations in nine different categories from the Rocky Mountain Southwest Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. Award winners will be announced at the 2015 Rocky Mountain Emmy® Awards Gala on Sat, Oct. 17, at the Talking Stick Resort in Scottsdale. "Arizona Wildlife Views" is a half-hour original series produced by the Information Branch of the Arizona Game and Fish Department. The show airs on local PBS stations, city cable channels across the state and YouTube. The current 13-week season is airing at 4:30 pm on Sundays on Arizona PBS Channel 8. Full episodes and individual segments can also be viewed on the Game and Fish website at www.azgfd.gov/video.
· The Paradise Republican Women invite you to learn more about the 13 Hours in Benghazi: The Inside Account of What Really Happened at 7 pm., Mon., Nov 16 at the Gainey Golf Club, 7600 E Gainey Club Drive, Scottsdale AZ 85258 with Marine Security Operatives and co-authors Mark “Oz” Geist and John “Tig” Tiegen. Share their first-hand knowledge of the harrowing true account from the brave men on the ground who fought back during the Battle of Benghazi on Sept. 11th 2012. Movie release Jan. 2016. Sponsor packages available. Cash bar. 6 pm VIP and sponsors reception. Tickets $40 per person or $75 per couple. Limited Tickets. VIP Seating / Reception / Photo / Autographed Book $150. Contact: Anna Morrison 623-234-3717.
· Governor Doug Ducey has proclaimed this Sunday, Sept. 27, First Responder Appreciation Day in honor of the first responders who risk their safety to protect Arizona citizens. “Our first responders put their lives on the line every day to protect the safety, security and lives of Arizonans,” said Ducey. “These heroes stand at the ready 24 hours and day, seven days a week to maintain safety and order, often putting themselves directly in harm’s way. I could not be more grateful for their selfless service and sacrifice to the citizens of Arizona." Proclamation here.
· The Arizona Project will host Archie Dickison on the issue of Federal lands in Arizona and what is being done to make such lands State lands at 6:30 pm., Mon., Sept 28 at 3375 E Shea Blvd., Phoenix, AZ. Contact: Chr Ronald Ludders 602.677.1496
· The Citizens Business League (CBL) will hold a Candidate Corral 2016 at the Pioneer Village (Pioneer Living History Village, 3901 W. Pioneer Road, Phoenix, AZ 85086). The event will take place February 20, 2016. Several top tier Presidential Candidates have expressed an interest in attending if they are still in the race in February. The Arizona Republican Presidential Preference election will be held in March 22.
· Presidential Hopeful Rick Santorum will be featured at an “Education Summit” hosted by
Former California Congressman Frank Riggs between 9:30 am-11:15 am, Fri, Oct 2 at the Sheraton Downtown Hotel, 340 N. 3rd St., Phoenix (Ahwatukee-A room on the 2nd floor). Free parking in the hotel garage. RSVP 480-437-1032 or 602-920-8248. Santorum and Riggs served in the US Congress together several years ago. Santorum will be in Phoenix to speak on restoring the family at the annual 1st Way Pregnancy Center that evening (http://www.1stway.net/). See graph on presidential-hopefuls
· Timothy Lee, AZGOP Compliance Director, will be conducting a Treasurer’s Training session from 9 a m-2 pm., Sat., Oct 3 at the AZGOP Headquarters office, 3501 N 24th St., Phx. Register now. GOP LD Treasurers and County Chairmen are encouraged to attend. Contact Lee at (602) 518-5860 or email@example.com
· Republican Party of Maricopa County Chairman Tyler Bowyer: After years of Democrat-lite service in public office, the Republican Party of Maricopa County is pleased that House Speaker John Boehner has announced his resignation from the House of Representatives later this year and strongly urges the now lame duck Speaker to instead resign immediately, in order to allow an expedited transition to a strong conservative Speaker of the House.
“The Maricopa County GOP is thrilled with the success of House Freedom Caucus and conservative congressional leaders like Arizona Congressmen Matt Salmon, Trent Franks, David Schweikert and Paul Gosar to hold the progressive wing of the GOP accountable to will of the Republican voters all across America,” said Bowyer. “In this tumultuous period in our country’s history, it is critically important that GOP leadership stand strong in defense of bedrock issues like protecting the sanctity of life by defunding Planned Parenthood, blocking President Obama’s executive amnesty efforts, and repealing Obamacare and replacing it with true free market reforms; unfortunately, Speaker Boehner did not possess the level of courage and grit necessary to succeed on behalf of the American people. We pray that the next Speaker is an individual with resolute conviction to the constitutional principles that will help our nation correct course.” Given the seriousness of the issues facing our nation in the coming weeks, the Republican Party of Maricopa County strongly urges Speaker Boehner to resign immediately and calls on House Republicans to select a strong, outspoken conservative as his successor.
· Congressman Paul Gosar: “Speaker John Boehner served the people of Ohio and this nation with a full heart. I have the utmost respect for him as he helped regain the Speaker’s gavel for Republicans, essentially putting the brakes on the Obama Administration. He is a good man and I wish him happiness as he moves into the next chapter of his life. “At this pivotal moment for our nation, we need bold, Conservative leadership that will install a legislative process with integrity and accountability. The American people have been calling for a return to regular order and a break from the status quo in D.C. ever since they elected a Republican majority back in 2010. This was the catalyst for my decision to run for office and has been my top priority since day one. Unfortunately, the actions from Republican leadership did not reflect the will of the American people and a change was clearly needed. I look forward to working with my House colleagues to ensure these priorities are represented in our new leadership.”
· Congressman Matt Salmon: "First and foremost, I want to congratulate John Boehner for everything he has done to advance Republican principles throughout his congressional career. During my years in Congress, I have had Mr. Boehner as a committee chairman and as a speaker, and I have always found him to be a decent and moral man who did what he thought was right, even when I disagreed with him. “But I also wish to congratulate Mr. Boehner for doing the right thing and relinquishing his duties as Speaker of the House. As the leader of the Republican Party in Congress, the Speaker must be willing to fight the Obama administration's dangerous, immoral, and sometimes illegal, actions using every tool our Constitution provides. This is what the majority of Americans want their leaders in Congress to do, and ultimately, Mr. Boehner could no longer provide the leadership necessary to do this.
“Every member of Congress represents a unique district full of constituents from every demographic and angle of the political spectrum. Over the past several months, it has become increasingly clear that in mine, Arizona's 5th Congressional District, removing Mr. Boehner as Speaker was a top priority. Because of this, I had already committed to vote against any efforts to retain Mr. Boehner as Speaker. His resignation will now allow us to avoid this fight so Republicans can choose a new Speaker who, I am hopeful, will bring every member to the table, including those who he or she may disagree with.
“Lastly, I sincerely hope all of Washington's leaders see this for what it really is—a wake-up call to stop ignoring the will of the people. This is a gut-check for everyone in Washington. Either we finally rise up to the occasion and stop caving to the Obama administration's every demand, or we remember the powers of the legislative branch that were designed by our Founding Fathers to prevent the executive branch from becoming a dictatorship.”
· Congresswoman Martha McSally: “I want to thank Speaker Boehner and his family for his selfless service to our country and the House of Representatives for over two decades as a Congressman and Speaker. I am also grateful for his support to me and my fellow pragmatic freshmen as we wouldn't be serving in Congress without it. He proved today again that he is a patriot, statesman, and leader. Going forward, I will be advocating for our team to take Pope Francis' message to heart and come together with unity and a focus on what is best for the country and our communities instead of distracting division and posturing. I will continue to focus on being a voice for southern Arizona at this critical time.”
· Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus:“I want to thank Speaker Boehner for his efforts to make our party, the state of Ohio, and our nation stronger. He has been a tireless advocate for conservative principles who has raised millions to elect and re-elect Republicans to the House of Representatives. Our party ...owes him a great debt, and I wish him and Debbie the best as he continues to make contributions to the Republican Party and America.”
· Former Sen Russell Pearce will speak to the Grassroots Tea Party Activists on the Constitution at 6:30 pm., Wed., Sept 30 at Denny’s Restaurant Banquet Rm, 2717 W Bell Road, Phx. Doors open at 6 pm for those wanting to order a meal. Contact Francine Romesburg firstname.lastname@example.org
· Congressman Trent Franks will conduct a public Town Hall at 6 pm., Tues., Oct 13, at the Community Church of Joy, 21000 N. 75th Ave, Glendale, AZ (Just north of the 101 on 75th Ave.) Contact: Shari Farrington - Field Representative/Finance Manager 623-776-7911.
· The Arrowhead Republican Women will meet at 11:30 am., Wed., Oct 14 at Briarwood Country Club, 20800 N. 135th Ave., Sun City West. US Senate candidate Dr. Kelli Ward will address her work as a state senator. Check-in begins 10:45am. Reservation required . $20 per person - payable by cash or check at the door. Reservations must be made through email@example.com or http://arrowheadrw.weebly.com/luncheons. Arrowhead Republican Women is open to Republican women registered to vote in AZ - Republican men may join as associate members.
· Mesa Republican Women will meet Oct 1, 11:30am at 1900 E. University Drive, Suite 11, Mesa 85213. Speaker Charles James will address "Can Conservatism Withstand the New Progressive Coalition? 2016 and Beyond." RSVP deadline Sun., Sept 29 to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (480) 615-0524. Lunch is $10 for members, $12 for visitors/guests. Membership is $25 Jan-Dec, but you can join now for $15 (Sept-Dec). Men associates $15. The group meets the first Thursday of each month. 2015 Meetings are scheduled for Oct 1, Nov 5, and Dec 3. Contact: President Sherry Pierce at the above phone or email address.
· LD13 Representatives Darrin Mitchell and Steven Montenegro will address the Wickenburg Republican Club at 7 pm., Mon., Sept 28 in the Lifeline Ambulance Building, 1155 N. Tegner, Wickenburg. Open to registered Republican. Contact: email@example.com
· The LD30 ‘Special Meeting’ (recall election of Chairman Gary Hirsch) will be held at 7 pm., Mon., Sept 28 at the VFW Post 1433, 7618 N. 63rd Ave, Glendale, AZ 85301, according to Maricopa County Republican Committee Executive Director April Riggins, who is charge of the special meeting. Only credentialed person approved by the Executive Director will be allowed into the special meeting. Registration opens at 6 pm. Riggins is MCRC Chairman Tyler Bowyer’s appointee to run the meeting.
· The Paradise Republican Women will host Judicial Watch Southwest Coordinator Mark Spencer and Author of "A Moment in Time" at 11 am., Sat., Oct 10 at Gainey Golf Club, 7600 E. Gainey Golf Club Drive, Scottsdale AZ 85258. 10:30 am social. Judicial Watch fights corruption and has been in front of scandals: Hillary's Emails, IRS Attacks, Fast & Furious Gun Scandal, and Benghazi Attack. Registration due by Thurs, Oct 8. $30 per person. Mail your check and reservation to: PRWC, PO Box 14425, Scottsdale, AZ 85267. Contact www.prwc.org
· The Presidential Preference Election is scheduled March 22, 2016. See details Presidential Preference Election Info
· The 10-Year Celebration Of The Center For Arizona Policy (CAP) is scheduled at 7:30 pm., Tues., Oct 20 at the Mesa Arts Center in the Ikeda Theater. 1 E Main St, Mesa, AZ 85201. Semiformal Attired. Program includes a review of the history of CAP and a concert from Shane & Shane. Tickets - $25 per person. Purchase Tickets .
· GOP Presidential Candidate Contacts:
Ben Carson www.bencarson.com
Bobby Jindal www.bobbyjindal.com
Carly Forina www.carlyforpresident.com
Chris Christi www.chrischristie.com
Donald Trump www.donaldjtrump.com
George Patake www.georgepataki.com
Jeb Bush www.jeb2016.com
John Kasich www.johnkasich.com
Lindsey Graham www.lindseygraham.com
Marc Rubio www.marcorubio.com
Mike Huckabee www.mikehuckabee
Rand Paul www.randpaul.com
*Rick Perry www.rickperry.org Campaign suspended
Rick Santorum www.ricksantorum.com
Scott Walker www.scottwalker.com Campaign suspended
Ted Cruz www.tedcruz.org
- Links To All 9 Planned Parenthood Videos
ü 1st Planned Parenthood video: video 1
ü 2nd Planned Parenthood video: video 2
ü 3rd Planned Parenthood video: video 3
ü 4th Planned Parenthood video: video 4
ü 5th Planned Parenthood video: video 5
ü 6th Planned Parenthood video: video 6
ü 7th Planned Parenthood video: video 7
ü 8th Planned Parenthood video: video 8
ü 9th Planned Parenthood video: video 9
Borrowed from Sandi Bartlett’s ‘Bartlett Bunker’
· Call The White House 202-456-1111 Comments. Switchboard: 202-456-1414. Contact Senate https://www.senate.gov/ or Representatives http://www.house.gov/ Let them know how you feel. Hold their feet to the fire. They wanted these positions so badly, hold them accountable. Arizona delegation phone numbers:
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
· LD21 is offering PC Training between 9am-11am., Sat. Sept 26 at the West Valley Republican Office 10050 W. Bell Road, Suite 50 Sun City, AZ 85351. Training will focus on recruiting PC's and engaging with voters. The second hour of the training will allow PCs to work with experienced activists on a short walk using i360 voter data. RSVP to Chris Herring ChrisHerringAZ@yahoo.com
· Sat., Sept 26 Is The Deadline for making reservations for the Oct 10 Arizona Citizens Defense League AzCDL’s Tenth Annual Meeting of Members. Online tickets $20 each. Click here to join AzCDL. Speakers include David Codrea will address“Attorney For Freedom” and Marc Victor, a criminal defense attorney with an expertise in firearms related issues. Door prizes will be several 500 round groupings of ammunition in popular handgun and rifle calibers, including the elusive .22 LR. Drawings: four Ruger LC9S pistols. Raffle tickets - online store - right below the annual meeting tickets. As with all our annual meetings the open carrying of holstered firearms is appreciated. (AzCDL).
· Volunteers Are Needed to walk with Dr. Kelli Ward’s ‘Team Ward’ at the Andy Divine Days Parade scheduled at 10 a.m, Sat., Sept 26 in Kingman. Ward has announced her ‘intent to run’ for US senate against Sen. John McCain. If interested contact Josh DeFord at TeamWardWest@gmail.com
· Election Integrity in Pima County will be addressed at 2 pm., Sat., Sept 26 in the Murphy-Wilmot Public Library, 530 N Wilmot Road, Tucson, Arizona 85710.
· The Foundation For Responsible Accountable Government will hold an “Election Integrity in Pima County’ meeting at 2 pm., Sat., Sept 26 in the Murphy-Wilmot Public Library, 530 N Wilmot Rd, Tucson, AZ 85710.
· Operation Enduring Gratitude (Veterans serving Veterans by Rebuilding Homes and Lives) plans its final clean up between 6:30 am and noon, Sat., Sept 26 for Viet Nam Corps of Engineers veteran Fred Terry of New River. Terry lost his home to a kitchen fire several months ago. Location: (East of 7th St & Circle Mtn Road), New River, AZ. Contact: OEG founder Charlie Ellis (480) 678-0938 Charlie@OperationEnduringGratitude.Org www.OperationEnduringGratitude.Org
· The Reading For Freedom Literacy Festival is scheduled from 10 am-3 pm, Sat., Sept 26 at at Mesa Riverview Park, 2100 W. Rio Salado Parkway. It’s hosted by Helping Hands for Freedom, a military charity that focuses on supporting children of military families. Community leaders will read to children during the event and share stories about the value of literacy. It includes a read-a-thon, free books, food games and visits by local sports team mascots.
· The Western Pinal County Chapter of The Arizona Republican Assembly will meet at 6:30 pm, Mon., Sept 28, at Siegel Suites Select (formerly Legacy Suites), at 540 N. Cacheris Ct, Casa Grande, located ½ mile west of I-10 on Florence Blvd. Speaker: LD11 Rep Mark Finchem. Contact: Secretary Jason Hayes : 202-394-7202 : firstname.lastname@example.org
· Wickenburg Republicans will meet at 7 pm., Mon., Sept 28 at the Lifeline Ambulance Training Building, 1155 N Tegner., Wickenburg. Contact: Frosty Taylor email@example.com 928-684-1221.
· Phoenix City Councilman Jim Waring and City Manager Ed Zuercher will conduct a community meeting at 6 pm., Mon., Sept 28 at the Paradise Valley Community Center (Rm D3, 17402 N 40th St., Phoenix. Open to the public.
· The Tempe Republican Women will meet at 6:30 pm., Mon., Sept 28 at the Pyle Recreation Center, 655 E Southern, Tempe to hear Free Market Warrior, author, economist Loren Spivack. Contact: President Jessica Merrow 480-306-2545.
· The LD 30 Special Meeting will be held at 7 pm., Mon., Sept 28. Doors open for credentialing at 6 pm. Only credentialed persons will be admitted into the meeting. All calls concerning this meeting are to be directed to Republican Party of Maricopa County at 480. 264.5266. Do NOT call the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 1433. Thank you for your consideration of our Honored Veterans, who we are Proud to Support. - April Riggins Executive Director, Republican Party of Maricopa County (MCRC)
· LD17 will meet at 7 pm., Tues., Sept 29 where activist Laddie Shane will teach them how to be “effective precinct committeemen” before AZGOP Robert Graham and author Loren Spivack give pep talks. They will gather at the Tri-City Baptist Church Seminary Bldg, 2211 W. Germann Road, Chandler, AZ 85286
· Arizona Capitol Times will honor the 2015 Leaders of the Year in Public Policy Honorees
at a 5:30 pm., Sept 30 cocktail party at the Arizona Biltmore, McArthur Ballroom, 2400 E. Missouri Ave., Phoenix. Individual tickets $85. Corporate table $900. VIP table $1,500. Contact: Kim McWherter at 602.889.7125 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· Central Republican Women Of Phoenix will meet at 6:15 pm., Thurs., Oct 1 with Attorney General Mark Brnovich at the Phoenix Hilton Suites at 10 E Thomas, Phoenix. Please note the meeting has been moved from the Hilton on Central to the Hilton on Thomas.
5:30 pm social. RSVP to Tina Shaw at email@example.com, or 623-934-9730 no later than Sun, Sept. 27 whether attending or not attending. Limited space. Reservations required. A reservation made is a reservation paid unless canceled by Sun, Sept 27.
· Governor Doug Ducey Will Light The Capitol Dome Purple as a symbol of Arizona’s dedication to ending domestic violence at an event outside the Capitol at 6 pm., Oct 1. The lighting is open to the public. “Domestic violence is a pervasive problem that affects 1 in 4 women and 1 in 7 men in Arizona, and stands in direct opposition to our No. 1 priority of protecting Arizona families and communities,” said Ducey.
· The Central Republican Women Of Phoenix have changed their October meeting venue to the Phoenix Hilton Suites, 10 E Thomas, Phx. The meeting begins at 6:15 pm., Thurs., Oct 1 with speaker Attorney General Mark Brnovich. $30 per plate. Social beginning at 5:30 pm. RSVP to Tina Shaw at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 623-934-9730 no later than Sun, Sept. 27. Space is limited and reservations are necessary. A reservation made is a reservation paid unless canceled by Sun, Sept 27.
· The Colorado River Tea Party will meet at 6 pm., Thurs., Oct 1 at the Community Christian Church, 6480 E. Hwy 95 in Yuma to hear Chief of Police John Lekan. Contact: www.coloradoriverteaparty.org
· Gov Doug Ducey is lighting the state capitol dome purple at 6 pm., Oct 1 in recognition of DomesticViolence Awareness for the month of October. The ceremony will be held on the Capitol Building Lawn, 1700 W Washington, Phx. Admission is free. Registration requested at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LightingAZPurple
· Arizona’s Americans For Prosperity is planning a series of events to Stop the EPA’s attack on affordable energy. Director Tom Jenney asks that you fill out this form if you believe we should control our energy bills, not unelected federal bureaucrats. Anyone concerned about the EPA attack on affordable and reliable energy is welcome to attend these events. Ratepayers from Cochise, Pima, Pinal and Santa Cruz Counties are especially welcome at the Tucson events — anyone serviced by TEP, Trico, AEPCO, UNS and Sulpher Springs. APS ratepayers from Northern Arizona are welcome at the Joseph City event; the Navopache service region will also be hit very hard by EPA. Speakers for the Oct 2 and 3 events will be announced soon, according to Jenney. RSVP the AFP “Protest EPA-imposed electrical rate hikes” events in October:
Contact: Tom Jenney, Arizona AFP Director email@example.com
· The Sabino High School Young Republican Club will meet Fri., Oct 2 at 5000 N Bowes Rd, Tucson, AZ 85749. Contact: Phone: (520) 321-1492 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Presidential Candidate Rick Santorum will address the First Way Pregnancy Center’s Restoring the Family’ benefit at 6:30 pm., Fri., Oct 2 at the Sheraton Downtown, 340 N. 3rd St., Phoenix. Registration/social at 5 pm. Limited seating. Reservations required. RSVP to email@example.com or call 602-261-7522. Free admission. Contributions accepted. Pre-event reception with Santorum $1,000 per couple.
· AZGOP Compliance Director Timothy Lee will be conducting a Treasurer’s Training Session between 9 am-2 pm, Sat., Oct 3 at the AZGOP Office, 3501 N. 24th St., Phoenix. GOP LD Treasurers and County Chairmen are encouraged to attend. Limited space, Register with Timothy Lee at (602) 449-1000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Sun City West Republican Club will meet at 8 am., for coffee/donuts on Sat., Oct 3 in the Quail Room of the Sun City West Foundation Building, 14465 R H Johnson., Sun City West. Mtg at 8:30 am. Admission $2. Arizona Republican Assembly (AzRA) NW Chapter Chairman Lyle Tuttle has arranged to Phil Mason to make a presentation regarding “School Override” funding and its impact on local residents. Mason is the AzRA first vice president, was the directorof operations for the AZGOP from 2011-13, Supervisor of Admionistrative Services/Research Director of the Joint Legislative Audit Committee from 2 003-11 and the Founding President of the PAChyderm Coalition, 2004-2014.
· A Fundraiser For The “ Fred Terry Project” is scheduled at 6 pm., Oct 3 at the Roadrunner Restaurant & Saloon, 47801 N Black Canyon Hwy, New River, AZ 85087 by Operation Enduring Gratitude (Veterans serving Veterans by Rebuilding Homes and Lives) and Vintage Vixens. $47 donation to OEG. Terry lost his home to a kitchen fire several months ago. Contact: founder Charlie Ellis Charlie@OperationEnduringGratitude.Org
www.OperationEnduringGratitude.Org (480) 678-0938.
· 2015-final-ruling-on-local-wolf-repopulation-program 1 pm., Sat, Oct 3rd
· Americans for Prosperity Arizona will conduct an Oct 3 protest President Obama’s power grab in his effort hike utility bills and control how we power our homes/businesses. His new energy mandates are the furthest the federal government has ever gone to hike our bills and choke off competition in the energy sector, according to AFP State Director Tom Jenney. The protest will be states at the AFP office. RSVP if participating so they know much food and bring to prepare. To sign up, go Here. Fill out this Petition if you believe we should control our energy bills, not unelected federal bureaucrats!
· The Cobre Valley Republican Club has scheduled a Family Fun Shootout between 8 am and noon, Oct 3 in cooperation with the Globe Miami Gun Club, 2675 Bixby Road, Globe Events offered for adult and junior marksman, fun target games and accuracy contests. Cost for most events range from $1-3. No admission charge. Your own weapon and ammunition is recommended. Door prizes to be raffled. Must be present to win. “Bragging Rights’ cards to be issued. Food and beverage available. Contact: Judy Moorhead at 928-200-2468.
Please comply with the 300 word limit policy.
· US Senate Candidate Alex Meluskey: At Value Voters Summit this weekend in Washington DC I have had the immense pleasure of meeting many good Americans that took the time to ask me questions on my positions and about the campaign. At Value Voters with Kim Davis as a guest, you can imagine the conversation did move to the Supreme Court ruling on marriage. I pointed out that what many in the media and political arenas seem to be missing. While I believe Kim Davis has a right to hold to her religious convictions, her first argument to deny marriage licenses is within her legal rights as an executive.
Only the legislative branch makes law, the executive branch enforces it, and the judicial branch interprets law to deem if it is Constitutional. I repeat, only the legislative branch makes law. Kim Davis’ job is to enforce the laws on the books, not make it, and not interpret it. The law in Kentucky, duly-enacted, is quite explicit. Marriage consists only of a union between one man and one woman. Marriage licenses must be signed by a county clerk. Ms. Davis was simply following the law, as she swore to do when elected by the people her county. For this she was jailed by a federal judge. For this she was unjustly incarcerated. This is why we as a people must be concerned. If our laws are now to be made by judges, by decree, our American republican form of self-government has been overthrown, and replaced by a judicial oligarchy. www.meluskey.com
· Hillary-Sticks-To-Liberal-PP-Lie-During-Iowa-Interview Hillary Doesn’t Deviate From Repeating Lie
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no Border News Watch
SECOND AMENDMENT, FIREARMS
WAR ON WOMEN
WAR ON COPS
LAW AND ORDER
DEMS AND LIBS