- ► April (21)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ▼ September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
Tuesday – Sept 29, 2015
· UPDATE Correction: A picture floating around Tuesday of an LD30 meeting, was not taken Monday evening, it was taken at a PC training session with little attendance. Swipes taken at LD30 PCs were for not attending the training session – not the cancelled Monday (Sept 28) ‘Special meeting.’
It is time for LD30 to stop the battling, along with all the snipping, grumbling, accusations and misinformation about the both camps. Chairman Gary Hirsch has resigned and doesn’t know yet if he will run for re-election. Former chairman Timothy Schwartz says he definitely will not run for re-election. First Vice Chairman Bud Zomock currently holds the gavel and has no time line in which he has to call for an election for a new Chairman. It is unfortunate that both Schwartz and Hirsch had to go through the upheaval that has occurred in LD30 the past 18 months or so. Let’s hope LD30 settles down and finds some peace within itself. – Editor Frosty Taylor
· Congressman Paul Gosar will conduct Town Halls at 6:30 pm., Mon., Oct 6 a 1255 Marina Blvd., in Bullhead City, AZ and Tues, Oct 13 in the Yuma City Council Chamber, One City Plaza, Yuma. Contact Penny Pew (928) 308-2033 cell.
· US Senate Candidate Dr. Kelli Ward is available to speak at an event or to a group. Contact Carolyn Leff at 928- 230-0633 or email@example.com and they scheduled your group.
· The Senate Conservatives are asking Republican voters to contact Sen John McCain and Jeff Flake in protest of their support for Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) “continuing resolution” for Planned Parenthood. McCain - 202-224-2235. Flake - 202-224-4521. They are among the 31 senators who voted with McConnell.
· A Hunter’s Mischievous Question: I’m looking forward to hunting season but I do have a question. If I shoot a buck, but I only have a doe tag, can I claim that the buck wasn't really a buck? I mean, maybe he'd always wanted to be a doe, but with no choice of his own he was born with the physical attributes of a male. Yet on the inside he'd always known he was truly a female. I'm just wondering if the game wardens will buy it. Our society and the Supreme Court do!
· Almost Five Years Since The Murder of U.S. Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry, his family is asking that the federal officials involved in orchestrating the deadly gun running investigation known as Operation Fast & Furious be prosecuted in connection with the murder. Department of Justice Inspector General Michael Horowitz wrote in 2012 that his investigation "revealed a series of misguided strategies, tactics, errors in judgement, and management failures that permeated ATF Headquarters and the Phoenix Field Division, as well as the U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of California and at the Headquarters of the Department of Justice." It was these failures that led to 1,800 weapons being allowed to flow to the Sinaloa drug cartel and ultimately into the hands of the men that killed Brian Terry. Michelle Terry-Balogh who is in Tucson for the trial of defendants Jesus Leonel Sanchez-Meza and Ivan Soto-Barraza said, "These government officials have never been held responsible. Not one has been fired or even received a disciplinary suspension. It's time that they also be brought to face justice for their roles in Brian's death. After all, the men who killed Brian carried weapons supplied to them by our own government. The actions of these officials were reprehensible." In the Investigator General report (https://oig.justice.gov/reports/2012/s1209.pdf), Horowitz identified 14 government officials who failed to stop the ill-conceived gun running operation.
· Interesting observation: Within seven minutes, US Senate candidates Ann Kirkpatrick (D) and incumbent John McCain (R) sent out pleas for money because they have determined that the other candidate is attacking them. Kirkpatrick claims, “Two groups have attacked Ann just this month. John McCain is getting so desperate, he’s trying to wrangle Tea Party support by defending Kim Davis -- the county clerk who refused to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples. They’ve figured out Ann has what it takes to win. So they’re trying anything and everything to bring her down.
Millionaire McCain claims, “My campaign was just alerted that the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee (DSCC) has started spending millions to see me defeated, and I need your help to fight back. There are few certainties in life, but I know I will not be able to run a successful campaign and reach our fundraising goals unless I have your support.” … And the elections aren’t until 2016!
· Freedom Fires meets at 6:30 pm., every Wednesday., at Burke Basic School (131 E. Southern Ave., Mesa, Arizona 85210). Here is the speaker scheduled through October.
ü Sept 30: Arizona Representative Justin Olson.
ü Oct 7: US Senate Candidate Alex Meluskey.
ü Oct 14: Constitutional expert Don Petrie.
ü Oct 21: Arizona Senator David Farnsworth.
Oct 28: Americans for Prosperity, AZ Chapter - Tom Jenney.
· The 2015 Arizona Grassroots Coalition Conference will open at 10 am., Fri., Oct 23 and ending at 6 pm., Sat., Oct 24 at the Scottsdale Resort & Conference Center, 7700 E McCormick Parkway, Scottsdale. All Presidential candidates have been invited to speak. Awaiting confirmations. General admission - $15 per person for both days. Preferred Admission Tickets - $40 for both days with preferred center stage seating, and one free raffle entry. Admission to both days, including VIP main stage table seating, plus two free raffle $90 per person. Ticket sales: Debra at phone # 480-659-2433 or Tickets@libertypromotional.event.com Also see http://www.libertypromotionalevents.com/event/2015agcc/ or http://www.libertypromotionalevents.com/
· AzRA membership has grown to 320 – representing 10 counties - over the past of months, according to Chairman Thayer Verschoor. He predicts the membership will exceed 1,000 by January. See www.azra2016.com AzRA is at the forefront in the major issues facing our state and the Republican Party including school finance & bond/override elections, ballot harvesting, and closed primary power point presentations in County, Legislative District, Tea Party and Republican Club meetings, Verschoor reports. If you club would like a presentation of any of issues posted above, go to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a presentation for your group.
· Gov Doug Ducey today announced the appointments of Alison Bachus, Greg Como, Kerstin LeMaire, Joshua Rogers, Howard Sukenic and Roy Charles (“Chuck”) Whitehead to the Maricopa County Superior Court. The appointments were made to fill the vacancies created by the retirements of Honorable Judges Mark Aceto, Norman Davis, Bethany Hicks, Gerald Porter, Thomas LeClaire, and A. Craig Blakey, II
· Tempe Republican Women are planning their final garage sale of the year from 7 am-2 pm, Friday, Oct 16 and from 7 am until noon on Oct 17 at the home of Alison Quinn, 1264 E Wesleyan, Tempe, 85282. Please drop off donations in her drive way the first two weekends in October. If you wish to donate, but can’t drop off contact email@example.com or call 480-306-2545. Tempe Republican Women need volunteers to help set up (5:30 pm., Thur., Oct 15 and take down (Sat., Oct 17 and to help run the sale. They also need popup tents and fold out tables.
· The Paradise Republican Women invite you to learn more about the 13 Hours in Benghazi: The Inside Account of What Really Happened at 7 pm., Mon., Nov 16 at the Gainey Golf Club, 7600 E Gainey Club Drive, Scottsdale AZ 85258 with Marine Security Operatives and co-authors Mark “Oz” Geist and John “Tig” Tiegen. Share their first-hand knowledge of the harrowing true account from the brave men on the ground who fought back during the Battle of Benghazi on Sept. 11th 2012. Movie release Jan. 2016. Sponsor packages available. Cash bar. 6 pm VIP and sponsors reception. Tickets $40 per person or $75 per couple. Limited Tickets. VIP Seating / Reception / Photo / Autographed Book $150. Contact: Anna Morrison 623-234-3717.
· Call The White House 202-456-1111 Comments. Switchboard: 202-456-1414. Contact Senate https://www.senate.gov/ or Representatives http://www.house.gov/ Let them know how you feel. Hold their feet to the fire. They wanted these positions so badly, hold them accountable. Arizona delegation phone numbers:
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
· Arizona Capitol Times will honor the 2015 Leaders of the Year in Public Policy Honorees
at a 5:30 pm., Sept 30 cocktail party at the Arizona Biltmore, McArthur Ballroom, 2400 E. Missouri Ave., Phoenix. Individual tickets $85. Corporate table $900. VIP table $1,500. Contact: Kim McWherter at 602.889.7125 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· Former Sen Russell Pearce will speak to the Grassroots Tea Party Activists on the Constitution at 6:30 pm., Wed., Sept 30 at Denny’s Restaurant Banquet Rm, 2717 W Bell Road, Phx. Doors open at 6 pm for those wanting to order a meal. Contact Francine Romesburg email@example.com
· Central Republican Women Of Phoenix will meet at 6:15 pm., Thurs., Oct 1 with Attorney General Mark Brnovich at the Phoenix Hilton Suites at 10 E Thomas, Phoenix. Please note the meeting has been moved from the Hilton on Central to the Hilton on Thomas. 5:30 pm social. RSVP to Tina Shaw at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 623-934-9730 no later than Sun, Sept. 27 whether attending or not attending. Limited space. Reservations required. A reservation made is a reservation paid unless canceled by Sun, Sept 27.
· Governor Doug Ducey Will Light The Capitol Dome Purple as a symbol of Arizona’s dedication to ending domestic violence at an event outside the Capitol at 6 pm., Oct 1. The lighting is open to the public. “Domestic violence is a pervasive problem that affects 1 in 4 women and 1 in 7 men in Arizona, and stands in direct opposition to our No. 1 priority of protecting Arizona families and communities,” said Ducey.
· If You Wish To Light Up Your Home With Purple Light Bulbs Oct 1 in recognition of putting a stop to domestic violence, you can pick them up at your local Home Depot, according to the Guv’s office. Proceeds will benefit domestic violence prevention. See ItCanStop.AZ.gov
· Mesa Republican Women will meet Oct 1, 11:30am at 1900 E. University Drive, Suite 11, Mesa 85213. Speaker Charles James will address "Can Conservatism Withstand the New Progressive Coalition? 2016 and Beyond." RSVP deadline Sun., Sept 29 to email@example.com or call (480) 615-0524. Lunch is $10 for members, $12 for visitors/guests. Membership is $25 Jan-Dec, but you can join now for $15 (Sept-Dec). Men associates $15. The group meets the first Thursday of each month. 2015 Meetings are scheduled for Oct 1, Nov 5, and Dec 3. Contact: President Sherry Pierce at the above phone or email address.
· The Colorado River Tea Party will meet at 6 pm., Thurs., Oct 1 to hear Dennis Franklins’ River Development program in the Community Christian Church, 6480 E Hwy 95, Yuma. Police Chief John Lekan has been rescheduled to Oct 15. Contact: Chr Sally Kizer, firstname.lastname@example.org 928-210-1219 www.coloradoriverteaparty.org
· Gov Doug Ducey is lighting the state capitol dome purple at 6 pm., Oct 1 in recognition of DomesticViolence Awareness for the month of October. The ceremony will be held on the Capitol Building Lawn, 1700 W Washington, Phx. Admission is free. Registration requested at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LightingAZPurple
· Arizona’s Americans For Prosperity is planning a series of events to Stop the EPA’s attack on affordable energy. Director Tom Jenney asks that you fill out this form if you believe we should control our energy bills, not unelected federal bureaucrats. Anyone concerned about the EPA attack on affordable and reliable energy is welcome to attend these events. Ratepayers from Cochise, Pima, Pinal and Santa Cruz Counties are especially welcome at the Tucson events — anyone serviced by TEP, Trico, AEPCO, UNS and Sulpher Springs. APS ratepayers from Northern Arizona are welcome at the Joseph City event; the Navopache service region will also be hit very hard by EPA. Speakers for the Oct 2 and 3 events will be announced soon, according to Jenney. RSVP the AFP “Protest EPA-imposed electrical rate hikes” events in October:
Contact: Tom Jenney, Arizona AFP Director email@example.com
· The Sabino High School Young Republican Club will meet Fri., Oct 2 at 5000 N Bowes Rd, Tucson, AZ 85749. Contact: Phone: (520) 321-1492 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Presidential Candidate Rick Santorum will address the First Way Pregnancy Center’s Restoring the Family’ benefit at 6:30 pm., Fri., Oct 2 at the Sheraton Downtown, 340 N. 3rd St., Phoenix. Registration/social at 5 pm. Limited seating. Reservations required. RSVP to email@example.com or call 602-261-7522. Free admission. Contributions accepted. Pre-event reception with Santorum $1,000 per couple.
· Presidential Hopeful Rick Santorum will be featured at an “Education Summit” hosted by
Former California Congressman Frank Riggs between 9:30 am-11:15 am, Fri, Oct 2 at the Sheraton Downtown Hotel, 340 N. 3rd St., Phoenix (Ahwatukee-A room on the 2nd floor). Free parking in the hotel garage. RSVP 480-437-1032 or 602-920-8248. Santorum and Riggs served in the US Congress together several years ago. Santorum will be in Phoenix to speak on restoring the family at the annual 1st Way Pregnancy Center that evening (http://www.1stway.net/). See graph on presidential-hopefuls
· A Fundraiser For The “ Fred Terry Project” is scheduled at 6 pm., Oct 3 at the Roadrunner Restaurant & Saloon, 47801 N Black Canyon Hwy, New River, AZ 85087 by Operation Enduring Gratitude (Veterans serving Veterans by Rebuilding Homes and Lives) and Vintage Vixens. $47 donation to OEG. Terry lost his home to a kitchen fire several months ago. Contact: founder Charlie Ellis Charlie@OperationEnduringGratitude.Org
www.OperationEnduringGratitude.Org (480) 678-0938.
· 2015-final-ruling-on-local-wolf-repopulation-program 1 pm., Sat, Oct 3rd
· Americans for Prosperity Arizona will conduct an Oct 3 protest President Obama’s power grab in his effort hike utility bills and control how we power our homes/businesses. His new energy mandates are the furthest the federal government has ever gone to hike our bills and choke off competition in the energy sector, according to AFP State Director Tom Jenney. The protest will be states at the AFP office. RSVP if participating so they know much food and bring to prepare. To sign up, go Here. Fill out this Petition if you believe we should control our energy bills, not unelected federal bureaucrats!
· The Cobre Valley Republican Club has scheduled a Family Fun Shootout between 8 am and noon, Oct 3 in cooperation with the Globe Miami Gun Club, 2675 Bixby Road, Globe Events offered for adult and junior marksman, fun target games and accuracy contests. Cost for most events range from $1-3. No admission charge. Your own weapon and ammunition is recommended. Door prizes to be raffled. Must be present to win. “Bragging Rights’ cards to be issued. Food and beverage available. Contact: Judy Moorhead at 928-200-2468.
· AZGOP Compliance Director Timothy Lee will be conducting a Treasurer’s Training Session between 9 am-2 pm, Sat., Oct 3 at the AZGOP Office, 3501 N. 24th St., Phoenix. GOP LD Treasurers and County Chairmen are encouraged to attend. Limited space, Register with Timothy Lee at (602) 449-1000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Surprise Tea Party Patriots will meet at 6:30 pm.,Tues, Oct 6 with Tom Jennings, director of the Arizona chapter of Americans for Prosperity, in the Grand Canyon Rm at the Sun City West Foundation Plaza, 14465 W R H Johnson Blvd. Sun City West, AZ 85375 to discuss the School budgets and the upcoming Dysart School District Bond issue.
· The Sun City West Republican Club will meet at 8 am., for coffee/donuts on Sat., Oct 3 in the Quail Room of the Sun City West Foundation Building, 14465 R H Johnson., Sun City West. Mtg at 8:30 am. Admission $2. Arizona Republican Assembly (AzRA) NW Chapter Chairman Lyle Tuttle has arranged to Phil Mason to make a presentation regarding “School Override” funding and its impact on local residents. Mason is the AzRA first vice president, was the directorof operations for the AZGOP from 2011-13, Supervisor of Admionistrative Services/Research Director of the Joint Legislative Audit Committee from 2 003-11 and the Founding President of the PAChyderm Coalition, 2004-2014.
· The Americans for Prosperity meeting starts at 8 am., Sat., Oct 3 at 3835 North 32nd St. Speakers Arizona Corporation Commission chairwoman Susan Bitter Smith; Arizona Senator Judy Burges; KFYI 550 radio host Terry Gilberg; AFP Federal Affairs Deputy Director Christine Harbin Hanson; KKNT 960 The Patriot radio host Seth Leibsohn; and Arizona Senator Debbie Lesko will address Arizona families and businesses how they can fight back against the new Washington’s power mandates. RSVP to Jason Lloyd - JLloyd@afphq.org (480) 589 - 7564 or Chalon Hutson - Hutson@afphq.org (623) 810 - 1177 so adequate food preparations can be made for all attendees.
· The Lincoln Republican Women’s Club will meet at 6 pm., Mon, Oct 5 at the The New McCormick/”Millennium” Resort, Scottsdale-McCormick Ranch, 7401 North Scottsdale Road. Scottsdale, AZ to hear former gubernatorial candidate Christine Jones address “Empowering Women in Politics.” 5:30 pm meet/greet. 6 pm mtg, 6:20 pm dinner, 7 pm program. Spouses invited. $35 per person. Reservations required by Thur., Sept 31 to Judy Eisenhower, 480-941-8162 or email@example.com
· The Grande Valley Republican Women's Club will meet at 5:30 pm., Mon., Oct 5 at Tommy's Bistro on Florence Boulevard in Casa Grande. Dinner will be penne pasta and meatball, salad rolls and dessert. Tickets are $10. Speakers will be CD1 candidates Gary Kiehne, Ken Bennett and Shawn Redd. Other candidates may drop in to say hello. Contact: Irene Littleton at firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Pima Republican Club will meet at 11:30 am., Tues., Oct 6 at 450 S Tucson Blvd. Tucson, Arizona 85716. Contact: Phone: (520) 321-1492 email@example.com
· A Fundraiser For LD28 Rep Kate Brophy Mcgee is scheduled from 5-7 pm., Oct. 6 at Alexi’s Grill, 3550 N Central., Ave.,Phx. RSVP: Yes I'll be there
· The Pima County Republican Executive Committee will meet at 5:30 pm., Thurs., Oct 8. Contact: Phone: (520) 321-1492 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Operation Enduring Gratitude (Veterans serving Veterans by Rebuilding Homes and Lives) is co-sponsoring a B2B Networking Mixer at 6 pm., Oct 8 at the Clover Leaf Gastrolounge, 4225 N. Craftsman Court, Old Town Scottsdale. Contact: OEG founder Charlie Ellis (480) 678-0938 Charlie@OperationEnduringGratitude.Org www.OperationEnduringGratitude.Org
· 2016-Presidential-Candidates See Profiles
· James T Harris Interview AzRA’s Phil Mason On Overrides AzRA Passed A Resolution Last Week In Oppositions Of Overrides Under Finance Reform Occurs.
· AZ Republic’s skewed “viewpoints” expose bias Newspaper makes no effort to provide balance
· “Vast Right Wing Conspiracy” Returns With A Vengeance Bill And Hill As Victims Is A Monotonous And Tiresome Rerun
- Arizona-Legislative-Democrats-Announce Education Fund Plan
REPUBLICAN PARTY OF MARICOPA COUNTY
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no Border News Watch
· Obama-Brings-1500-Terrorists-To-US Crimes Allegedly Done 'Under Duress'
SECOND AMENDMENT, FIREARMS
WAR ON WOMEN
BILL AND HILLARY