- ► March (22)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ▼ October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
Monday – Oct 5, 2015
· Arizona Republican Assembly (AzRA) Has Announced Its “Strong Opposition” to the election of Kevin McCarthy as the Speaker of the US House of Representatives as a replacement for recently resigned Speaker John Boehner, according to AzRA President Thayer Verschoor. “There are several candidates that represent the values of the Republican Platform and the U.S Constitution and will preserve and protect those perpetuate those values,” he said noting the Republican delegation were scheduled to Thurs, Oct 8 to pick a new speaker. (Editor’s Note) The Washington Post reported this afternoon that Boehner has changed the replacement election to Oct. 29.
AzRA is urging Arizona delegation members Dr Paul Gosar, Matt Salmon, Trent Franks and David Schweikert, who are members of The Freedom Caucus, to support candidates Daniel Webster or Jason Chaffetz. “We urge them to ‘change business as usual’ by not supporting McCarthy. It would be a slap in the face to Constitutional Conservative Republicans for McCarthy to be elected. McCarthy has destroyed the credibility of the Benghazi hearings and should resign as the current majority leader,” said Verschoor. He pointed out that McCarthy is a ‘younger version of Boehner, is pro-amnesty and has ties to Obama pal and pet corporate welfare recipient Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla Motors and Space Z, who gets a ton of government and handouts.”
· Attention Taxpayers Facing School District Overrides. While you are getting barraged with “pass an override” literature as you get ready to mark your early ballots for the Nov 3 school override/bond elections, you probably aren’t aware that the Arizona Republican Asssembly (AzRA) has a presentation on “Truth in (School) Finance” that also exposes indiscretions within school district’s budgets. If you want to learn the flip side of the override/bond election issue or why your proposed override should not be supported, contact AzRA Chair Thayer Verschoor and First Vice Chairman Phil Mason firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for a presentation to your groups.
· Those In The Dysart School District Override area might be interested in the NWValley AzRA Chairman Lyle Tuttle’s presentation that includes information that the Dysart administration and the State Auditor are not singing out of the same hymn book when it comes comes to communicating to the voters how much money is being spent in the classroom. In mid-August, Tuttle notified Dysart Supt of Schools Dr. Gail Pletnick and Michale Quinlan, CPA manager at the Office of the Auditor General Division of School Audits, of a discrepancy in the Dysart District report on classroom expenditures as referenced in SB1476/HB2683 Budget Bill:K-12 education;BRB;2015-2016, which determines how classroom spending is calculated. Tuttle has also notified the chamber of commerce and the school board chairman, but has received no response from the board or chamber.
Last week Tuttle said, “AzRA has researched the budget and knows where the money goes. Urging voters to vote “NO” on the Dysart Override does NOT mean AzRA does not value education; only that it values spending money wisely. We happen to think teachers are doing a great job, considering the pay they receive.
“Our investigation into Dysart School District Funding shows that if the district would maintain the same percentage level of money to the classroom as they spent in 2006, there would be enough money for the district to give every teacher a $10,000 raise and hire an additional 30 teachers with existing funds. Yet, their ‘bosses’ tell them that they have no money and demand more money from the property owners, the legislature and the Governor.” Contact Tuttle at 623-451-6928.
· LD28 will meet at 7 pm., Tues., Oct 13 at the Madison School Board Room, 5601 North 16th Street, Phoenix, to hear a presentation from David Gonzales, the longest serving US Marshall in the country. Gonzales is the former Arizona Department of Public Safety Commander and Chief of Staff. See http://azld28gop.org/
· Former two-term Maricopa County Republican Committee Chairman Rob Haney has sent a note to outgoing LD28 Chairman Vernon Parker that reads: “The MCRC Bylaws specifies an election will be conducted to fill the vacancy of a District Chairman. Have either you or Tom Haney read the MCRC Bylaws or have you just decided to ignore them much as Obama does with his executive orders?” following Parkers announcement that the LD28 Oct 13 meeting would be Parker’s last meeting as Chair and stating “First Chair Tom Haney, our first Vice Chair will take over as chair. Mr. Haney has served as Chair before.”
· The 50th Anniversary Of The Arizona Burn Center will be celebrated during the 11th Annual Burn Symposium, scheduled Oct 16 at the facility. The symposium is a one-day course designed to present a review of current knowledge, research and innovations in burn care. This year’s symposium focuses on Celebrating The Past, Transforming The Future. The day’s session begins with a continental breakfast followed by a series of presentations by nationally recognized faculty affiliated with the world of burn. Contact: http://www.azburncenter.org/article/burnsymposium
· AZ Heroes to Hometowns needs of donations by Nov 11 to purchase 2,500 turkeys hams, along with $20 grocery gift cards to provide meals for military families at Thanksgiving, according to founder Kathy Pearce. email@example.com
· Hillary-Clinton-Calls-Obamas-Deportation-Policies-Too-Harsh A spokeswoman for the Republican National Committee said she flip-flopped her view. “Hillary Clinton defended President Obama’s record on deportations just last year saying he was legally obligated but now that her poll numbers are hitting rock bottom she’s singing a different tune,” said Ruth Guerra, the RNC’s director of Hispanic media.
· The Northwest Valley Tea Party meeting will meet at 6 pm., Oct 27 in West Valley GOP Office, 10050 W. Bell Road #50, Sun City to hear senate candidate Alexander Meluskey address his run for the Arizona senate seat. Contact Dennis Zinke 623-977-8114.
· Condolences To The Family Of Sonita-Elgin Tea Party Founder Gene Cafarelli who passed away Oct 4 at home with his wife Karla at his side. No firm plans for a memorial/celebration have been announced.
· Hillary Makes Terrifying Vow To America “I am going to get those guns out of people’s hands,” the Democratic presidential candidate said Monday as she responded to last week’s Oregon College shooting with a bevy of proposals.
· Young Republican Professionals will meet at 7 pm, Oct 20 at AZGOP Headquarters, 3501 N. 24th St., Phx with 960AM The Patriot Seth Leibsohn of Arizonans for Responsible Drug Policy to discuss the debate to legalize marijuana and its place in the 2016 elections. RSVP on Facebook here facebook.com/events
· Sen Jeff Flake has scheduled his second breakfast in the 114th Congressional Coffee and Cocoa Cup Club series at 8 am., Sat., Oct 17 at the Phoenix Airport Marriott, 1101 N 44th St., Phoenix, AZ 85008. Registration begins at 7:30 am. Limited seating. $50 for a 114th Congressional CCC Series membership, breakfast, and a souvenir hot beverage mug. $30 for breakfast for current members who register online. RSVP by NOON on Wed, Oct 14 to coffee-and-cocoa-club-breakfast. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 602-845-0333.
· The Grande Valley Republican Women met with CD1 Candidates Gary Kiehne and Ken Bennett this evening at Tommy’s Bistro Garden in Casa Grande.
· Gov Doug Ducey today announced a new two-track initiative through the Arizona Department of Water Resources to help ensure the certainty and vitality of Arizona’s water supply long into the future. “Thanks to more than a century of careful planning, sound decision-making and bold leadership from our predecessors, Arizona’s water supply, at least in the near-term, is in a better-than-expected position,” said Ducey. “Of course, vulnerabilities and uncertainties remain, and we must continue to be pragmatic and proactive – just like those before us – in how we manage our water resources.
· Approximately 40 members of the Arizona Air National Guard's 161st Air Refueling Wing will return home Tues, Oct. 6, at the Phoenix Air National Guard Base, Sky Harbor International Airport, after several months deployed to Southwest Asia. Guard officials anticipate aircrew and aircraft maintainers to arrive aboard two KC-135R Stratotanker aircraft; the first landing at about 1:30 p.m., and the second at about 2:30 p.m. During deployments of varied lengths, Arizona's Airmen and tankers provided in-flight refueling to aircraft supporting combat air missions in U.S. Central Command's area of responsibility. More than 200 Airmen from the 161st are activated for federal active duty overseas each year and more than 2,100 have been called to federal active service since Sept. 11, 2001. Arizona's air refueling unit is a world-premier tanker and mobility force for the State and Nation. The 161st Air Refueling Wing, located on a 60-acre parcel on the southwest edge of the airport, is a stand-alone operational Air National Guard KC-135 unit with eight aircraft and 840 Airmen assigned.
· US Sen Candidates Dr. Kelli Ward, Alex Meluskey and Clair Van Steenwyk are available to speak at events or to groups. To schedule:
ü Ward, Contact Carolyn Leff at 928- 230-0633 or email@example.com
· US Senate Candidate Dr. Kelli Ward needs two more volunteers from the Kingman area to work the Ward booth at the Survivalist/Prepper Expo 2015 at the Mohave County Fairgrounds from 9am-12:30 pm and from 12:30- 4 pm., on Sunday, Oct 18. RSVP to Carolyn Leff at firstname.lastname@example.org
· Stop Glorifying The Murderers. Get rid of “gun free zones.” Let the citizenry be armed. Celebrate the heroes that put these dogs in the ground. The post How to Stop a Mass Shooting appeared first on Bearing [Keep Reading]
· The Daisy Mountain Tea Party Patriots will meet at 6:30 pm., Tues., Oct 6 at the Anthem Civic Building, Anthem, AZ 85086 to hear Dr Lyle Rapacki address refugee resettlement, the Syrian refugee crisis, and plans to resettle 10,000 Syrian refugees this year. View video on refugees flooding German. See refugees flooding Europe: https://youtu.be/SRhI0Xqv5Rc Contact information: Vera Anderson 602-821-4675 or email@example.com.
· Supt of Public Instruction Diane Douglas invites the public to join her on her “We Heard You Tour” as she presents “AZ Kids Can’t Afford to Wait,” her education plan to fix Arizona education. Her schedule – all meetings start at 6 pm:
ü Tues, Oct 6 –Navajo Nation Museum Libr, Hwy 264/Loop Road, Window Rock.
ü Tues, Oct 13 –Flex Academy Aud., 11200 N. 83rd Ave., Peoria.
ü Thurs., Oct 14 –Whipple Ranch Ele., 1350 N Central Ave., Show Low.
ü Thurs, Oct 22 –Coconino High School Aud, 2801 N. Izabel St., Flagstaff.
ü Thur., Nov 5 –Arizona Western College, Schoening Cent, 2020 S Ave 8E, Yuma.
ü Tues, Nov 10 –Westwood High School Aud., 945 W Rio Salado Parkway, Mesa
ü Thur, Nov 12 –Prescott High School – Ruth Street Theater, 1050 Ruth St., Prescott.
ü Tues, Nov 17 –Mohave County Board of Super Aud., 700 W Beale St., Kingman
ü Thur., Nov 19 Catalina Magnet High School Aud., 3645 E Pima St., Tucson.
· GOP Presidential Candidate Contacts:
Ben Carson www.bencarson.com
Bobby Jindal www.bobbyjindal.com
Carly Forina www.carlyforpresident.com
Chris Christi www.chrischristie.com
Donald Trump www.donaldjtrump.com
George Patake www.georgepataki.com
Jeb Bush www.jeb2016.com
John Kasich www.johnkasich.com
Lindsey Graham www.lindseygraham.com
Marc Rubio www.marcorubio.com
Mike Huckabee www.mikehuckabee
Rand Paul www.randpaul.com
*Rick Perry www.rickperry.org Campaign suspended
Rick Santorum www.ricksantorum.com
Scott Walker www.scottwalker.com Campaign suspended
Ted Cruz www.tedcruz.org
· Call The White House 202-456-1111 Comments. Switchboard: 202-456-1414. Contact Senate https://www.senate.gov/ or Representatives http://www.house.gov/ Let them know how you feel. Hold their feet to the fire. They wanted these positions so badly, hold them accountable. Arizona delegation phone numbers:
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
· The Pima Republican Club will meet at 11:30 am., Tues., Oct 6 at 450 S Tucson Blvd. Tucson, Arizona 85716. Contact: Phone: (520) 321-1492 firstname.lastname@example.org
· A Fundraiser For LD28 Rep Kate Brophy Mcgee is scheduled from 5-7 pm., Oct. 6 at Alexi’s Grill, 3550 N Central., Ave.,Phx. RSVP: Yes I'll be there
· Election Integrity and the Red Light Cameras Citizen Initiative will be the topic of discussion at the Foundation for Responsible Accountable Government Town hall scheduled at 5:30 pm, Tues., Oct 6 in the Murphy-Wilmot Public Library, 530 N Wilmot Road, Tucson.
· Sen Candidate Alex Meluskey will address Freedom Fires at 6:30 pm., Oct 7 at Burke Basic School, 131 E. Southern Ave. Mesa, AZ 85210. Contact: www.meluskey.com
· Freedom Fires meets at 6:30 pm., every Wednesday., at Burke Basic School (131 E. Southern Ave., Mesa, Arizona 85210). Here is the speaker scheduled through October.
ü Oct 7: US Senate Candidate Alex Meluskey.
ü Oct 14: Constitutional expert Don Petrie.
ü Oct 21: Arizona Senator David Farnsworth.
Oct 28: Americans for Prosperity, AZ Chapter - Tom Jenney.
· The Pima County Republican Executive Committee will meet at 5:30 pm., Thurs., Oct 8. Contact: Phone: (520) 321-1492 email@example.com
· Operation Enduring Gratitude (Veterans serving Veterans by Rebuilding Homes and Lives) is co-sponsoring a B2B Networking Mixer at 6 pm., Oct 8 at the Clover Leaf Gastrolounge, 4225 N. Craftsman Court, Old Town Scottsdale. Contact: OEG founder Charlie Ellis (480) 678-0938 Charlie@OperationEnduringGratitude.Org www.OperationEnduringGratitude.Org
· The Coconino County Republican Committee’s Meet And Greet with Speaker of the House David Gowan and Flagstaff City Councilman Jeff Oravits is scheduled at 8:15 am, Thurs., Oct 8 at 21 S Milton Road, (near the underpass near Flagstaff City Hall). RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Oro Valley Republican Women will meet between 11:30am-1:30 pm., Fri., Oct 9 at the Oro Valley Country Club, 300 W Greenock Dr. They meet regularly on the second Friday of the month. Contact: Bev Van Horn Phone 520-403-5931 Bev@BevSellsTucson.com
· LD9 will meet at 9:30 am., Sat., Oct 10 at the La Paloma urgent care 4001 E Sunrise Dr. Tucson, Arizona. Contact: Phone: (520) 321-1492 email@example.com
· The Paradise Republican Women will hostess Judicial Watch Southwest Coordinator Mark Spencer and Author of "A Moment in Time" at 11 am., Sat., Oct 10 at Gainey Golf Club, 7600 E. Gainey Golf Club Drive, Scottsdale AZ 85258. 10:30 am social. Judicial Watch fights corruption and has been in front of scandals: Hillary's Emails, IRS Attacks, Fast & Furious Gun Scandal, and Benghazi Attack. Registration due by Thurs, Oct 8. $30 per person. Mail your check and reservation to: PRWC, PO Box 14425, Scottsdale, AZ 85267. Contact www.prwc.org
· National Arizona Republican Assembly Director A J LaFaro will address ballot harvesting, voter fraud and closing the primary during the 9:15 am, October 10 Northwest Chapter of AzRA at the Northwest Maricopa County Service Facility, 12975 W Bell Rd, Surprise, AZ. Doors open at 8:45 am. Open to all registered Republicans. LaFaro is the immediate past chairman of the Maricopa County Republican Committee, authored the resolution to close Republican primaries in Arizona and has chaired numerous state and county committees. Contact: Chairman Lyle Tuttle L.firstname.lastname@example.org 623-451-6928
· LD 29 will meet at 7 pm., Mon, Oct 12, at 12836 W Colter St, Litchfield Park, 85340. 6 pm social. Contact Chairman Alan Gaugert email@example.com 623-330-3622.
· The Western Pinal County Chapter of The Arizona Republican Assembly will meet at 6:30 pm on Mon, Oct 12, at Siegel Suites Select (formerly Legacy Suites), at 540 N. Cacheris Ct, Casa Grande, located ½ mile west of I-10 on Florence Blvd. Program includes speaker Alex Meluskey, Candidate for US Senate. Meluskey, is a long time business founder and owner in the printing industry. He is a syndicated radio talk show host, a precinct committeeman, a grassroots activist, held appointments on government organizational boards, and is the state director for the Fair Tax in Arizona. Contact: Secretary Jason Hayes 202-394-7202 firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Sun Lakes Republican Club will meet at 6:30 pm., Oct 13 with Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio because “he is the greatest sheriff in the USA.” The meeting is scheduled at the Sun Lakes Country Club, 25601 N. Sun Lakes Blvd., Sun Lakes Az 85248. Contact President Michael Tennant email@example.com
· The Huachuca Republican Women will meet at 10:30 am., Tues., Oct 13 at Pueblo Del Sol Country Club. 2770 St. Andrews Dr, Sierra Vista, AZ 85650. Contact: Phone: (520) 321-1492 firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Pima County Republican Club will meet at 11:30 am., Tues., Oct 13 at 450 S Tucson Blvd. Tucson, Arizona 85716. Contact: Phone: (520) 321-1492 email@example.com
· Congressman Trent Franks will conduct a public Town Hall at 6 pm., Tues., Oct 13, at the Community Church of Joy, 21000 N. 75th Ave, Glendale, AZ (Just north of the 101 on 75th Ave.) Contact: Shari Farrington - Field Representative/Finance Manager 623-776-7911.
· The Mingus Mountain Republican Club Luncheon is scheduled at 11 am., Tues., Oct 13 to address the Mingus Mountain Union High School Special Bond Election. Supt Dr Paul Tighe will speak in behalf of the bond passage. Arizona Republican Assembly (AzRA) First Vice President Phil Mason will present “Truth in School Funding.” 11:15 am luncheon. 1 pm program. Luncheon price $11 per person. No lunch meeting fee $3, soda $1. RSVP to MingusMountain@Hotmail.com or call Niles Haton 928-649-1643. Meeting to be held at the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post #7400, 705 E Aspen St., Cottonwood, AZ. For AzRA information contact Mason at www.AzRA2016.com
· Bill Nye, Dedicated Leftist, Is No Science Guy Incoherent Pro-Abortion Ramblings Appeal To Media
· Jeb! At 4%: Bushwhacked! Buh, Buh, Buh…I’m Heir Apparent Jeb Bush
- Allen-West Destroys Gun-Grabber Obama In 1 Question... 'If Oregon Is About Gun Control, Then Explain...'
MYCHAL MASSIE (The Daily Rant)
REPUBLICAN PARTY OF MARICOPA COUNTY
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no Border News Watch
· Refugee Resettlement Program Obama Administration Officials Testified At A Hearing On The Fiscal And Security Implications Of The Administration’s Plan To Admit…
SECOND AMENDMENT, FIREARMS
WAR ON WOMEN
DEPT OF JUSTICE
BILL AND HILLARY
DEMS AND LIBS
COMMON CORE/ AGENDA 21
· 14-People-Shot-In-15-Hours-In-Chicago-Media-Silent Obama Ignoring Of Hundreds Of Black Murder Victims In His Hometown?