- ► March (22)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ▼ October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
Thursday – Oct 29, 2015
· Condolences To The FamilyOf LD13 Rep Steve Montenegro on the passing of his mother Mercedes Armida Montenegro Memorial. Services will be held at 11 am, Sat., Nov 7 at Radiant Church, 15522 W Paradise Lane, Surprise, AZ 85374. A “Home Going” Service will also be held at 10 am (coffee reception at 9 am), Sun., Nov 8 at the Surprise Apostolic Church, 12420 W Paradise Lane, Surprise, AZ 85378. Funeral Procession begins at 1 pm., Sun., Nov 8 from Surprise Apostolic Church to resting place (location pending.) In lieu of flowers, the family is asking for financial support, to help with the costs of medical bills and funeral expenses. Donations: www.FundArmida.com electronically or mail to Mercedes Montenegro Memorial Fund, P.O. Box 2275 Litchfield Park, AZ 85340.
· Condolences To The Family Of LD23 Precinct Committeeman Judy Eisenhower who passed away at 3 am this morning. She was a long time Chief-of-Staff to former Senator Barry Goldwater and a valued member of her district. Her two sons are also LD23 PCs. Judy was active in Republican clubs and could be seen anywhere Republicans gathered. Services details tba.
· Confusion Surrounds AZGOP Election Mailer One postcard is raising lots of questions. On the front, it says, "Do You Want to vote? Only Republicans Vote in the Presidential Preference. Do not miss this opportunity!", and on the back it says, "Independent voters are not allowed to vote in the upcoming Republican Presidential primary unless your registration is updated." Some who got the mailer were upset and confused. FOX 10 spoke with the senders at the Arizona GOP to get some clarification.
· A. J. LaFaro, National Director, Arizona Republican Assembly (AzRA): “I wonder why Robert Graham and the AZGOP is spending tens of thousands of dollars mailing and robo calling Independent voters begging them to re-register to Republican so they can vote in our Republican Presidential Preference Election on March 22, 2016. It makes no sense if you look at our four previous Republican Preferential Preference Elections here in Arizona:
1. 2012 - 45.45% of registered Republicans voted (511,239 of 1,124,726)
2. 2008 - 51.98% of registered Republicans voted (541,767 of 1,042,294)
3. 2004 - No election because Bush was the incumbent
4. 2000 - 35.56% of registered Republicans voted (323,242 of 909,063)
According to the Secretary of State's website, there were 1,107,108 registered Republicans as of July 1, 2015. Instead of wasting tens of thousands of dollars confusing and alienating Independent voters and the public, why doesn't Robert Graham and the AZGOP reach out to all of Arizona's Republicans and encourage them to get involved, stay involved and vote for a presidential candidate they like. See AZGOP election mailer - A. J. LaFaro, National Director, Arizona Republican Assembly (AzRA) and Immediate Past Chairman, Maricopa County Republican Committee (MCRC)
· Newly Elected House Speaker Paul Ryan has signed off on a letter promising restless members of the House Freedom Caucus (HFC) that he won’t bring immigration-reform legislation to the House floor while President Obama remains in office. The letter, formalizes pledges that Ryan made last week in a closed-door meeting with select members of the HFC who were skeptical of his promise to maintain an “open” and “inclusive” relationship with the caucus. Specifically, it extracts Ryan’s word that he will not bring up comprehensive immigration reform “so long as Barack Obama is president” and, as speaker, Ryan will not allow any immigration bill to reach the floor for a vote unless a “majority” of GOP members support it. See full story paul-ryan-promises-no-immigration-reform-obama-administration
· Vets2work Founder Lance Whitford will be featured on the Chips N Salsa Show Sat., Oct 31 with co-host Alice Lara. Contact: Lance Whitford firstname.lastname@example.org 928-499-8391
· Liberty On Tap will meet Sat., Nov 3 at the American Legion Post 44 in the heart of Old Town Scottsdale to address ‘civil asset forfeiture’ with Rep Bob Thorpe. RSVP: ArizonaLibertyR3VOLUTION/
· America’s Mighty Warriors will benefit from the Nov 3 fundraiser at the Lakeside Bar & Grill, 9980 W Happy Valley Parkway #1101, Peoria, AZ. Proceeds will be to support families of fall warriors. Doors open at 6 pm., special menu available. 7 pm show time with Elvis imitator Roy LeBlanc. Tickets $20 person. Must be booked at 623-537-5322 or www.americasmightywarriors.org
· US Senate Candidate Dr. Kelli Ward will begin her state wide tour in her ‘Bold Fresh Fearless Express’ on Saturday in Lake Havasu while participating in the annual London Bridge Days Parade. Contact Kelliwardarizona@gmail.com to get your community added to her tour!
· LD14 will meet at 9:30 am., Sat., Nov 14 at the Benson City Council Chambers, 120 W. 6th Street, Benson, AZ. Sign in opens at 9 am. Speaker Kale Kiyabu will address the "CON" Argument to the Convention of States. Contact: Maureen Tozzi, LD-14 Secretary 520 429.1395 email@example.com
· Former LD20 Chairman Ray Malnar, who is running for Councilman in the Nov 3 Glendale City Race is asking for volunteers to help out on Sat, Oct 31 to walk his nine precincts from 9 am until noon. Contact Malnar at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 623-869-1160.
· LD22 PC Tom Platt: All eyes will be on the individual legislators during the special session concerning the possible raiding of the Permanent Land Endowment Trust Fund to see which Republican’s vote in favor of more spending and the expansion of government (I was under the impression that Republicans stood for smaller government and less spending). If this additional spending for schools is so important, why weren’t tougher spending cuts made and monies allocated to schools during the last session when all were so proud to have a balanced budget? Are last session’s budget numbers not really the true budget numbers? Is this procedure just a way to increase spending and expand government but still say we had a balanced budget? In which specific budgets and expenditure records will this additional spending appear?
· Congressman Paul Gosar has scheduled three “have coffee with the congressman” in December. They are Dec 4 in Florence, Dec 11 in Wickenburg, and Dec 14 in Lake Havasu City. For information call 480-882-2697 or go to www.GOSAR.house.gov Details tba
· Immediate Past Chairman AZ GOP Tom Morrissey: I would like to give a shout out to Texas Governor Greg Abbott for taking action along with that states legislature regarding a sheriff in Dallas who has brought that city to “Sanctuary” status by refusing to enforce the immigration laws. It is refreshing to see Abbott, a man of apparent great strength and principle, fight against lawlessness which is based on Political Correctness. The question is, “are we a nation of laws”? Or “do we cave in to lawlessness, for the sake of not risking offending someone... Anyone”?
We do not have a sanctuary city here in Arizona, rather, we now have a sanctuary county. The Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office can no longer enforce immigration laws. Sheriff Joe Arpaio has been stopped in his tracks from enforcing laws regarding illegal immigrants by the ACLU through the court. What else can it be called but a sanctuary county?
I now, respectfully ask Gov Doug Ducey and our legislature to look toward Texas and what that brave conservative governor and legislature are doing on behalf of the people of that state and the laws, under which they have chosen to live. You, Governor Ducey, are a conservative who stands on principle and I am hoping that you will prove that by acting on our behalf and making certain that ALL of our laws are enforced for all people who are here in our state. It is indeed ironic that we, who are at ground zero, when it comes to being impacted by illegal immigration, have this nation’s first Sanctuary County and that is not what the people of this state have indicated we want.
· The newly formed Chicken Soup Tea Party will meet at 6 pm., Fri., Nov 13 at the Sulphur Springs Valley Electric Cooperative, 350 N Haskell Ave, Willcox, AZ 85643. LDl4 GOP activist and Chicken Soup Founder Peggy Judd says, “This will be a new kind of TEA Party meeting, where we are no longer protesting the actions of an overbearing government, but looking for ways we can be the solution, right here in our own communities and around the world. Prepare to come with your stories and ideas for “making a difference” and share them with the group. We will learn about running for public office and also learn about ways to serve the needy in our community.” She requests each attendee to donate a can of chicken soup that we will deliver to the local food pantry. Contact: Peggy Judd 520 507-1735
· The Surprise Tea Party will meet at 6:30 pm., Tues., Nov 3 in the Grand Canyon Rm of the Sun City West Foundation Plaza, 14465 W R H Johnson Blvd. Sun City West, AZ 85375 to hear author Patrick Wood address “Trilaterals Over Washington, Volumes l and II.”
· US Senate Candidate Clair Van Steenwyk will participate in the Nov 12 LD23 US Senate Candidate Forum scheduled at 7 pm in the Fountain Hills Unified School District Learning Center, 16000 E. Palisades Blvd. Fountain Hills, AZ. Van Steenwyk says he is looking forward to attending with the other candidates . However, he doesn’t believe the incumbent Sen John McCain will participate. “As I experienced in the past when we asked him to take part in candidate forums or guest on my Radio show in 2010 with JD or Deakin he declined, I do believe he's able to engage in a substantive conversation about the issues facing Arizona and America, however understand his reluctance to do so considering his votes and positions on Border, Illegals, Debt Ceiling and the like. I've been attending meetings with Republicans and LD chairs to take a closer look at all the candidates and the issues and let their records including candidates they've supported in the past help them to make the decisions necessary to Restore our Nation to a True Republic form of Government. I hope John McCain will accept Chairman Jim O’Connor’s invitation and engage all of us on the real Issues, as Republican voters have a right to hear from all of us in one venue and make the decision they must make, he is the office holder and owes them the respect to take part in this forum.” Editor’s Note: Dr Kelli Ward will not be attending the LD23 Forum.
· Christine Accurso Of Gilbert plans to make an announcement at 2 pm., Sat., Nov 14 at the The Pavilion behind the Gilbert House at 397 S. Gilbert Road. Drinks/snacks to be provided. Contact Accurso at (480) 857-2425.
· The Arizona Dept of Transportation will conduct group discussions in November and December on highway congestion, tolling and highway project funding with drivers who live, work, or attend school in at least one of the following counties – Maricopa, Pima Pinal and Yavapai. To qualify fill out the questionnaire at .surveyentrance.com/ by midnight, Nov 3. Those who qualify/participate will receive a $75 check at the conclusion the group activity. For information go to Partners In Brainstorms at email@example.com or (602)368-0005.
· Congressman Paul Gosar has scheduled town Halls at 6 pm, Nov 9 in Prescott and Dec 14 in Kingman. Details are www.GOSAR.house.gov or call 480-0882-2697.
· Arizona Project Chairman Ron Ludders has announced the smoke damage has all been cleaned up from the recent fire at AP headquarters, 3375 E Shea Blvd, Phoenix, AZ 85028. The group will meet at 6:30 pm., Mon., Nov 2 to discuss school funding programs with LD15 Rep John Allan. Contact Chr Ron Ludders 602.677.1496.
· Common Core Comments Can Be Submitted to https://k12standards.az.gov/ until Nov. 20. feds-admit-u-s-education-department-forced-states-accept-common-core-start Contact: Jennifer Reynolds 480-961-4214 http://arizonansagainstcommoncore.com/
· Central Republican Women Of Phoenix will meet Nov. 5 at the Hilton Phoenix Suites, 10 E Thomas. Speaker: Trevor Laky, Southwest Regional Coordinator of the Heritage Action Alliance., will give an update what is happening in Congress. Social at 5:30 pm. , dinner at 6:15. $30 per dinner. RSVP: Tina Shaw firstname.lastname@example.org or 623-934-9730. A reservation made is a reservation paid.. Contact info: email@example.com (602) 252-6300.)
· The City of Scottsdale Transportation Commission and Transportation Department are developing a new Transportation Master Plan. During these conversations, it was suggested to reduce Scottsdale Road in downtown Scottsdale from TWO LANES-per-direction to ONE LANE-per-direction. A draft Transportation Master Plan will be prepared at the Nov 5, Nov 19, Dec 3 and Dec 19 Transportation Commission meetings.. Contact: Paul Basha, Scottsdale Transportation Director at (480) 312-7645 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
· The Arizona Game And Fish Department Is Offering A $500 Reward for information leading to an arrest in the poaching of a mule deer doe discovered near 87th Avenue and Carefree Highway, east of the Pleasant Harbor Marina on State Trust Land. GF investigators estimate the doe was killed sometime between Oct. 3-5. The doe appeared to have been killed where it lay, rather than having been transported. “We believe this was a ‘thrill kill,’ meaning someone shot it for fun,” said Lainie Antolik, wildlife manager. “The carcass was completely intact, and no meat was taken.”
“Poachers are criminals who steal from you, the citizens of Arizona. This is not the work of a hunter,” AZGFD Spokesperson Amy Burnett said. “Since the deer was shot in a well-traveled area popular with recreationists, we’re hoping someone heard something suspicious or saw a post on social media that may help us solve this crime.”
· Attorney General Brnovich announced today that Arizona, along with four other states, recently filed a lawsuit challenging the Environmental Protection Agency’s (“EPA”) Final Rule revising the ozone National Ambient Air Quality Standard (“NAAQS”, or “ozone standard”). The EPA recently published the new Rule that lowers the ozone standard to an unreasonable level that will have little to no effect on the quality of life for most Arizonans. The Rule will also cause serious financial harm to those states that are unable to comply, including the potential loss of highway funds. “We all want clean air, however, reducing the ozone standards to 70 parts per billion will be nearly impossible for Arizona to attain,” said Brnovich. “The new Rule completely ignores Congress’ intent that the EPA set ozone levels for the states that are actually attainable. The financial stakes for this state are enormous if we are unable to comply and I am going to do everything within my power as attorney general to protect Arizona.” The five states joining the ozone standard lawsuit include the Department of Environmental Quality on behalf of Arizona, Arkansas, the Environmental Department on behalf of New Mexico, North Dakota, and Oklahoma. The EPA published the Final Rule on October 26, 2015.
· Vets2work Founder Lance Whitford is looking for unemployed veterans to hire to work for his Nov 6-10 “Operation Serving Our Community projects.” The Veterans will be paid $15 an hour to assist doing community projects. We will have human resources people to counsel/coach them to help them become better candidates. Whitford is also in contact with other companies interested in hiring veterans immediately. He can always use extra volunteers too. Contact: Lance Whitford email@example.com 928-499-8391
· The Paradise Republican Women invite you to learn more about the “13 Hours in Benghazi: The Inside Account of What Really Happened” with speakers Mark “OZ” Geist and John “Tig” Tiegen at 7 pm Mon., Nov 16 at Gainey Golf Club, 7600 E Gainey Club Drive, Scottsdale AZ 85258. 6pm VIP and Sponsors Reception. Geist and Tiegen are Marines , American security operatives and co-authors who share their first -hand knowledge of the harrowing true account from the brave men on the ground who fought back during the Battle of Benghazi on Sept. 11, 2012. Tickets $40 per person, $75 per couple. Limited tickets available at Prwbenghazi.eventbrite.com VIP Seating / Reception / Photo / Autographed Book $150 . Contact: Anna Morrison 623-234-3717. Sponsor Packages Available. Cash Bar. Movie to be released Jan. 2016.
· Every 7 am., Friday Fitness Hikes are scheduled starting at the McDowell Mountain Regional Park Trailhead Staging Area. Come prepared to hike between 8-12 miles.. Please wear sturdy shoes & bring plenty of water. Location: 16300 N. McDowell Mountain Park Dr., Fountain Hills, AZ 85268. Ph: 480-471-0173 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Operation Enduring Gratitude (Veterans serving Veterans by Rebuilding Homes and Lives) is collecting canned goods thru Nov 13 at Wes MEC. Contact: OEG founder Charlie Ellis (480) 678-0938 Charlie@OperationEnduringGratitude.Org
· AZ Heroes to Hometowns needs of donations by Nov 11 to purchase 2,500 turkeys hams, along with $20 grocery gift cards to provide meals for military families at Thanksgiving, according to founder Kathy Pearce. email@example.com
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
· Do You Know Why Saguaros Grow Arms? Take a walk with the Usery Mountain Regional Park Ranger at 9 am., Oct 30 and find out. Bring water and wear closed-toe shoes. The park is at 3939 N Usery Pass Road, Mesa. Ph: (480) 984-0032 firstname.lastname@example.org
· A One-Hour Session On Desert Survival will be presented at noon, Oct 31 at Usery Park, 3030 N. Usrey Pass Road, Mesa. Ph: (480) 984-0032 email@example.com
· A One-Hour Presentation Of Gila Monsters will be presented by the park ranger at noon, Oct 31 in Usery Mountain Regional Park, 3939 N Usery Pass Road, Mesa 85207. Ph: (480) 984-0032 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Pioneer Living History Museum Harvest Fest is scheduled from 9 am-5 pm., Oct 17-18, 24-25 and Oct 31-Nov 1 at 3901 W Pioneer, (Phoenix Exit 225 from I-17 North of Carefree Highway). Free pumpkins while supply lasts. Gun shows, pumpkin patch painting, hayrides, vendors, music, family entertainment, gold panning etc. Tickets pioneerharvestfest.tickets/ $24 At Gate, kids 2 and under free. Police Officers/Firefighters: $1 per paid head (attendance) will be donated to the 100 Club and Firefighters Charities (it will be a split .50 each per paid person). 25% off to firefighters and police officers along with their families (up to 3 guests). This can be combined with coupons.
· A National Day of Remembrance Candlelight Vigil is scheduled at 5 pm., Sun., Nov 1 at Wesley Bolin Park – by the ‘Fallen Officers’ Memorial’ in Phoenix to remember victims of illegal aliens. The event is hosted by a coalition consisting of United for a Sovereign America, BAN Amnesty Now, Arizonan’s for Immigration Reform, The Tea Party Immigration Coalition, American Freedom Riders, Arizona Rebel Alliance, ACU, The Remembrance Project, Riders USA, and Remember 1986. Contact: Publicity Coordinator Barbra Heller, 602-505-8760, email@example.com
· Lincoln Republican Women’s Club will have dinner at 6:20 pm., Mon., Nov 2 at The New McCormick/”Millennium” Resort, Scottsdale-McCormick Ranch, 7401 North Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale, AZ. 5:30pm- meet and greet. 6 pm meeting, and 7 pm program. Spouses invited. Melissa Meierdierks, Coordinator, Veterans Administration Community Resource & Referral Center for homeless Vets will address veterans with PRST using rescue dogs trained as medical service dogs. Vets and dogs will be in attendance. $35 per person. Contact: Patricia Kaufman firstname.lastname@example.org
· In Honor Of Veteran’s Day, Lincoln Republican Women will be collecting zip-lock gallon bags filled with Full sized shampoo, deodorant, tooth brushes and tooth paste, razors and shaving cream, bar soap or body wash, combs, hand lotion, chap stick, feminine hygiene items at their 6 pm., Nov 2 meeting scheduled at The New McCormick/”Millennium” Resort - Scottsdale-McCormick Ranch, 7401 N Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale, AZ. Contact: Patricia Kaufman email@example.com
· The Ahwatukee Tea Party will hold its November and December meetings at the Fire Station #43 at 4110 E Chandler Blvd, on the 3rd Thursday. Meetings will resume at the Clarion Hotel in January 2016. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Arizona Liberty Caucus will meet at 7 pm., Tues., Nov 3 at the American Legion Post 44, 7145 E 2nd St., Scottsdale, AZ 85251 to discuss due process. Contact: Matthew Papke email@example.com 480 - 242 – 2208.
· The Americans for Prosperity Foundation is conducting a six-week certification course, beginning Nov 3 and , that provides attendees with the skills and knowledge to be effective grassroots leaders. Classes free, includes dinner.
· Sign up HERE for the Tucson class beginning Tues, Nov 3.
· Sign up HERE for the Phoenix class beginning Wed, Nov 4.
· Rep Bob Thorpe will be discussing "Civil Asset Forfeiture” At 7 pm., Tues., Nov 3 at the Arizona Liberty Caucus meeting scheduled at the American Legion Post 44, 7145 E 2nd St., Scottsdale, AZ 8525. Contact: Matthew Papke firstname.lastname@example.org 480 -242- 2208.
· An Election Night Returns Party for Steve Didio, Ryan Hartung, Shir LaMonna, and Pat Stranney is scheduled from 7-10 pm., Tues., Nov 3 at El Molinito, 10180 N Oracle Drive in Oro Valley.
· ACT! For America Tucson/Marana Chapter will meet at 6 pm., Wed., Nov 4 at the Nanini Branch Library, 7300 N. Shannon Road, Tucson, AZ 85741 (520-594-5365). Speaker Col Jon Gold, US Army Retired, will discuss “The Refugee Crisis: Phase 6 - Islamic Invasion.” Goodies to be provided. RSVP: Lyle at ActTucson@aol.com or cell at (520) 820-8258! See website at www.ActTucson.com & ACT national at www.actforamerica.org.
· Central Republican Women Of Phoenix will meet Nov. 5 at the Hilton Phoenix Suites, 10 E Thomas. The guest speaker will be Trevor Laky, the Southwest Regional Coordinator of the Heritage Action Alliance. Social at 5:30 pm. , dinner at 6:15. $30 per dinner. RSVP: Tina Shaw email@example.com or 623-934-9730. A reservation made is a reservation paid. Contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org (602) 252-6300.)
· An 8 Am., Nov 5 Three-Mile Moderate-Paced Hike is planned through Usery Mountain Regional Park, 3939 N Usery Pass Road, Mesa, 85207. Bring water and wear close toes shoes. Ph: (480) 984-0032 email@example.com
· "Just For Kids" - Story Time In The Desert - Usery Park Is scheduled at 11 am., Nov 5. Bring picnic lunch to enjoy after the session. Bring water and closed-toe shoes. Suggested ages 3-5 (accompanied by parent or caregiver. Ph: (480) 984-0032 firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Colorado River Tea Party will not meet Nov 5 in lieu of Supt of Public Education Diane Douglas’ meeting at 6 pm., at the Arizona Western College, Schoening Center, 2020 S Ave 8 E. Yuma. Contact: Chr Sally Kizer coloradoriverteaparty.org/
· Mesa Republican Women will meet at 11:30 am., Thurs, Nov 5 at 1900 E. University Drive, Suite 11, Mesa 85213. Our "Honoring our Veterans" meeting will include speaker Dan Caldwell, Legislative and Political Director for Concerned Veterans for America (CVA). Also speaking briefly will be WWII Veteran Robert Sternecker and a special guest attending this month is WWII Veteran Victor "Vic" Giles who turned 90 last summer. RSVP deadline is Sun., Nov. 29 to email@example.com or call (480) 615-0524. Lunch is $10 for members, $12 for visitors/guests. For Veterans this month only, lunch is $8. Membership is $25, Jan-Dec and Men Associate Memberships $15. The club meets the first Thursday of each month. The Dec 3rd meeting is their annual Christmas Party and Membership Drive. $5 for lunch in December with paid 2016 renewals and new memberships. Contact: President Sherry Pierce at the above phone or email address.
Please comply with the 300 word limit policy
· Sen Jeff Flake: Great news – the Border Jobs For Veterans Act which I introduced and passed on a unanimous, bipartisan vote of the Senate – was just signed into law. In a time when partisanship is more divisive than ever, both parties put political gamesmanship aside and helped address two critical problems – improving security at America's borders and points of entry by matching desperately needed staff positions at Customs and Border Protection (CBP) with deserving veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces. These new CBP officers are filling an urgent need – and represent what government can do when leaders put the nation, and the nation's needs, first. I'm proud of the work I did to make this new law a reality, but there are so many challenges still to face. I'm also aware that I must ramp up preparations for my re-election effort now or face losing my opportunity to continue, – senator jeff flake
· Sens John McCain and Jeff Flake sent a letter to U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Jeh Johnson today urging him to examine poor living conditions at Forward Operating Bases (FOB) along the southwest border, specifically FOB Grip, located on the Cabeza Prieta National Wildlife Refuge in Arizona. This week, the National Border Patrol Council sent a letter to the senators in which they detailed four outbreaks of Legionnaires’ disease, a bacteria-induced case of pneumonia, at the FOB caused by contaminated water that is being transported to the FOB by truck. “As we are sure you agree, this is unacceptable and should be remedied as quickly as possible,” wrote McCain and Flake. “The use of FOB Grip in securing the border is critical but its use should not be at the expense of agents that are away from their homes and families for significant periods of time.”
· Sen John McCain , Chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, today following a unanimous ruling by the Permanent Court of Arbitration in The Hague that it has jurisdiction in a case the Philippines filed last year concerning China’s territorial claims in the South China Sea: “Today’s ruling is an important step forward in upholding international law against China’s attempts to assert vast and, in my view, questionable claims in the South China Sea. I am pleased the Court will now consider the legality of these claims sometime next year. I applaud the Philippine Government as it continues to make every effort to resolve these maritime disputes peacefully, consistent with international law, and through international arbitration mechanisms. The United States must continue to support our partners and allies, including the Philippines, as they contend with China’s assertiveness. Among other things, this requires routine freedom of navigation operations and overflight activities in the East and South China Seas, like occurred near Subi Reef earlier this week.”
· GOP Leadership Collude With Obama, Dems On Budget This Is Why “Political Outsiders” Donald Trump And Ben Carson Are Surging
· McCain’s $$ Can’t Boost Unpopular Amnesty Stance McCain’s Pre-Election Tough Talk Always Reverts To Amnesty After Election
· **911 Emergency Alert** Patriots: You Need To Read The Analysis Of The Ducey K-12 Plan ASAP Http://Arizonafreedomalliance.Ning.Com/Group/Arizona-Republican-Assemb...
- Video Will Make You Want To Vote For Donald Trump And Make America Great Again
- Ben Carson On Healthcare
- Arizona-Education-Funding: This-Isnt-Over
- Sunday-Show-Wrap-Up-On Benghazi
- Time-To-Shine-Light-On-Dark-Money-In Arizona
- ICYMI: CNBC-Third-GOP-Debate-Full-Video
- Slick-Mailer-From-AZ-Governor-Doug Ducey
- Make America Great Again
- Ben-Carson-Refers-To-Al-Sharpton-As-My Good Friend
- Marco-Rubio’s-Excuses-On-Why-He’s-Not Doing His Job
- Donald-Trump-In-Sioux-City, Iowa
MYCHAL MASSIE (The Daily Rant)
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no Border News Watch
· Muslim-Gangs-Plunder-German-Churches Proceeds Bound For The Islamic State
SECOND AMENDMENT, FIREARMS
WAR ON WOMEN
WAR ON LAW ENFORCEMENT
· Cop-Buys-Lemonade-From-Stand; Helps Little Girl
· Judges: Cops-Cant-Boot-Christians-Because-Muslims- Violent Ruling Puts 'Heckler's Veto' Liability For Constitutional Violations On County, Officers
JUDGE ANDREW NAPOLITANO
· Rubio-Shuts-Down-Bush Likens Him To John McCain
BILL AND HILLARY
DEMS AND LIBS
DEPT OF HOMELAND SECURITY