- ► May (22)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ▼ November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
Saturday – Oct 31, 2015
· For The Past Couple Of Days, Republicans have expressed their annoyance at the arrogant, argumentative attitudes of the moderators during this week’s GOP Presidential Debate. Yesterday, Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus wrote a letter to NBC News Chairman Andrew Lack (parent company to CNBC) saying “…pending further discussion between the Republican National Committee (RNC) and our presidential campaigns, we are suspending the partnership with NBC News for the Republican primary debate at the University of Houston on February 26, 2016. The RNC’s sole role in the primary debate process is to ensure that our candidates are given a full and fair opportunity to lay out their vision for America’s future. We simply cannot continue with NBC without full consultation with our campaigns.” Editor’s Note: Did RNC not figure out - from prior debates - how the liberal moderators would behave? Politicians whine about uncomfortable questions – but they come with the territory. However, the argumentative manner in which they were asked is inexcusable. At times, the moderators seemed to be debating the candidates themselves. It now appears Priebus is attempting to close the barn door after the horses got out! RNC should have negotiated better ground rules from the get-go. The candidates are to be commended for having the cojones to fire back at the moderators – drawing applause from the audience who clearly recognized what was going on. See:
· President Candidate Chris Christie: “As you saw Wednesday night, I was not going to stand up on that stage and be a punching bag for the mainstream media. If you weren't able to take on the moderators of Wednesday night's debate, you have no business being President of the United States. Republicans need someone tough enough, strong enough, and tested enough to take on Hillary Clinton next fall, and I'm your candidate. Together, we Republicans can get a WIN next November.”
· Governors from the United States and Mexico and a representative of Canada’s premiers gathered today for the first-ever Summit of North American Governors and Premiers. The summit is jointly hosted by the U.S. National Governors Association (NGA), the Mexican National Conference of Governors of Mexico (CONAGO) and the Canadian Council of the Federation (COF). More http://www.nga.org/cms/NASummit.
· Volunteers Are Needed For The Arrowhead Republican Women’s ‘Surprise Super Swap Meet’ scheduled between 8a m-1 pm, Sat., Nov 14 at Surprise Aquatic Center Parking Lot, 15831 N. Bullard Ave., Surprise, AZ. ARW will be selling jewelry at their public relations booth at the event. Volunteers should Contact ARW 1st Vice President Jan Martinson at Jlmart15102@aol.com or 623-546-3753,
· The Red Mountain Tea Party will hold Senate Candidate Dr. Kelli Ward at 7 pm., Mon., Nov 2 at 7420 E. Main St, Mesa, AZ 85207. Doors open at 6pm. Admission $2.50 per person. Contact: Mike Peek 480-519-3843 email@example.com.
· The Sun Lakes Republican Club will meet at 6:30 pm., Tues., Nov10 to hear Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery discuss ‘Crime and Punishment 2015’ in the Arizona Room of the Sun Lakes Country Club, 25601 S Sun Lakes Blvd., Sun Lakes, AZ 85248. Rep JD Mesnard will provide an update on election news. Contact: Chr Mike Tennant at a480-802-0178.
· The Sun City Republican Club will meet at 7 pm., Mon, Nov 16 in the Sundial Center 14801 N 103rd. Ave. Sun City AZ. Speakers: US Senate candidate Dr. Kelli Ward, a two term Arizona legislator and incumbent Arizona Senate candidate Debbie Lesko. Social house at 6:30 pm. Club Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Arrowhead Republican Women will meet Wed., Nov 11 at Briarwood Country Club, 135th Ave/Meeker Blvd, Sun City West to hear Supt of Public Instruction Diane Douglas address the state’s educational issues. Adults only (no children), no jeans. $20 per lunch. Reservation deadline – noon Fri., Nov 6 to email@example.com or contact Lezlee Alexander at 602-354-5224.
· Vets2work Founder Lance Whitford: “It was very easy to find 15 unemployed veterans for me to hire for my Operation Serving Our Community Events Nov. 6-10. I can't imagine what would have happened if the news media would have picked up this story and announced I was hiring. I probably would have had hundreds of veterans applying and would have had to create a job fair out at the Habitat for Humanity job site. That thought is still in my head, so that may just happen anyway! Whitford is referring to a posting in Briefs for veterans to help with his veterans helper projects. If you want to help him help a vet contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org 928-499-8391
· Lake Havasu Chapter AzRA President Richard Hawkins of Lake Havasu City: I've been enjoying your daily updates. One Republican that could benefit from good news coverage is Diane Douglas as she is fighting a Herculean battle without a lot of help from the Republican Party. Hawkins is also secretary of the Lake Havasu Republican Men’s Club
· LD22 PC Tom Platt: All eyes will be on the individual legislators during the special session concerning the possible raiding of the Permanent Land Endowment Trust Fund to see which Republican’s vote in favor of more spending and the expansion of government (I was under the impression that Republicans stood for smaller government and less spending). If this additional spending for schools is so important, why weren’t tougher spending cuts made and monies allocated to schools during the last session when all were so proud to have a balanced budget? Are last session’s budget numbers not really the true budget numbers? Is this procedure just a way to increase spending and expand government but still say we had a balanced budget? In which specific budgets and expenditure records will this additional spending appear?
· Sahuarita TP Patriots Leaders Don And Patti Woolley to Gov Doug Ducey: We hope that you will listen to us when we tell you that we must end the Sanctuary cities policies in Arizona. And we must secure our border with Mexico, as you promised when you campaigned for the office of the Governor in 2014.
Sanctuary city policies are costing lives and endangering American cities all over this country. Grant Ronnebeck was murdered by an illegal criminal immigrant in Mesa. Police Officer Brandon Mendoza was killed in a head-on collision with an illegal criminal immigrant. These deaths and so many others should have never happened! And these policies have resulted in the deaths of Americans at the hands of thousands of repeat illegal criminals who are loose on our streets in Arizona and across the country.
Make no mistake, Governor Gregg Abbott of Texas is leading the way in fighting Sanctuary cities in his state, and securing the Texas-Mexico border. You must do the same in Arizona. sanctuary-city-policies-will-no-longer-tolerated
We insist that you take similar actions as Governor Abbott, to stop Sanctuary City policy in Arizona, by working to pass laws that forbid the lawlessness by any police officer or city officials, or county sheriff. And, by also working to eliminate state funding to any city or county for education or health care support, and put the burden on those cities to pay for those costs of attracting and protecting illegal immigrants to their city or county. It is your duty to help protect the citizens of this state, as Governor.
Thank you for your time, and we hope you will take action immediately. The lives of Arizona citizens are at risk right now. It is not a question of if, but when the next Arizona citizen will be harmed by an illegal immigrant criminal in this country. It must stop now. - Don is a former LD2 Chairman. Patti is a former LD2 Secretary.
· Serious National Security Issues Exist regarding “refugees” from Muslim-majority countries entering America– primarily because the government is not reporting their numbers accurately and is not properly vetted them, if they are vetted at all. Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson recently remarked that he is “committed” to properly vetting refugees entering America. But he also stated that the government won’t “know a whole lot” about these refugees. In other words, if they are vetted they might not be vetted well. Johnson stated: “We’ve gotten better at that over the last couple years, but it is a time-consuming process, and one of the challenges we will have is that we’re not going to know a whole lot about the individual refugees that come forward from the UN High Commission on Refugees for Resettlement and Vetting.” The number of refugees being reported are misleading. For example, the Obama Administration announced it began accepting 10,000 Syrian refugees October 1 of this year. However, The New York Times reported that 30,000 more will be granted access next year, in addition to the roughly 70,000 refugees already entering America every fiscal year. See more obamas-bad-math ---'10,000' refugees-actually-means-1-million
· The White House has decided it will not release any emails between President Obama and Hillary Clinton until after he leaves office, a senior administration official confirmed to Fox News – a development that came as the State Department released another massive tranche of Clinton documents. The department released 7,000 pages of Clinton emails on Friday in the agency's largest release since it began posting the records in May. But as with prior releases, any communication between Obama and his then-secretary of state was absent. Continue Reading.....
· The Newly Formed Chicken Soup Tea Party will meet at 6 pm., Fri., Nov 13 at the Sulphur Springs Valley Electric Cooperative, 350 N Haskell Ave, Willcox, AZ 85643. LDl4 GOP activist and Chicken Soup Founder Peggy Judd says, “This will be a new kind of Tea Party meeting, where we are no longer protesting the actions of an overbearing government, but looking for ways we can be the solution, right here in our own communities and around the world. Prepare to come with your stories and ideas for “making a difference” and share them with the group. We will learn about running for public office and also learn about ways to serve the needy in our community.” She requests each attendee to donate a can of chicken soup that we will deliver to the local food pantry. Contact: Peggy Judd 520 507-1735
· Vets2work Founder Lance Whitford appeared on the Chips N Salsa Show with co-host Alice Lara this evening. . Contact: Lance Whitford email@example.com 928-499-8391
· The Surprise Tea Party will meet at 6:30 pm., Tues., Nov 3 in the Grand Canyon Rm of the Sun City West Foundation Plaza, 14465 W R H Johnson Blvd. Sun City West, AZ 85375 to hear author Patrick Wood address “Trilaterals Over Washington, Volumes l and II.”
· AZ Heroes to Hometowns needs of donations by Nov 11 to purchase 2,500 turkeys hams, along with $20 grocery gift cards to provide meals for military families at Thanksgiving, according to founder Kathy Pearce. firstname.lastname@example.org
· Operation Enduring Gratitude (Veterans serving Veterans by Rebuilding Homes and Lives) is collecting canned goods thru Nov 13 at Wes MEC. Contact: OEG founder Charlie Ellis (480) 678-0938 Charlie@OperationEnduringGratitude.Org
· Common Core Comments Can Be Submitted to https://k12standards.az.gov/ until Nov. 20. feds-admit-u-s-education-department-forced-states-accept-common-core-start Contact: Jennifer Reynolds 480-961-4214 http://arizonansagainstcommoncore.com/
· See Complete List Of School District Overrides And Bond Election On Your Nov 3 early ballot at http://education.maricopa.gov/site/Default.aspx?PageID=257
· Fri., Nov 13 is the deadline for public feedback to the Standards Development Committee at https://k12standards.az.gov/comment-standards. Public comments on the existing Mathematics Standards and English Language Arts Standards (ELA) may be submitted online through Nov 20 -- Or attend one of the 6 pm., public hearings scheduled across the state: Schedule:
ü Nov 2 – Maricopa County, Chandler Center for the Arts.
ü Nov 2 – Pinal County, San Tan Valley, WalkerButte K-8 School.
ü Nov 3 - Apache/Navajo County, Show Low, Whipple Ranch Ele School Multipurpose Rm.
ü Nov 4 - Coconino County , Flagstaff, Flagstaff High School.
ü Nov 5 – Cochise County, Sierra Vista, Rothery Educational Services Center.
ü Nov 9 - Mohave County, Kingman, Mohave County Admin Bldg.
ü Nov 9 - Maricopa County , Peoria, Peoria High School
ü Nov 10 - La Paz County , Parker High School.
ü Nov 10 - Graham/Greenlee County, Safford Graham County General Services Bldg.
ü Nov 10 - Yuma County, Yuma School District One
ü Nov 12 - Santa Cruz County , Nogales, Santa Cruz County Complex
ü Nov 17 - Maricopa County , Phoenix, Madison Elementary School District
ü Nov 18 – Gila County, Globe, Gila County Board of Supervisors Room
· November 18 Is The Deadline for submitting public comments on the nine Arizona Supreme Court judge candidates. Anonymous comments cannot be considered. See applications at http://azcourts.gov/jnc. Send written comments to to 1501 W. Washington, Suite 221, Phoenix, AZ 85007 or by e-mail to email@example.com The Commission will meet at 8 am, Nov 20 a.m. to hear public comment and interview the candidates. Three nominees will be forwarded to Gov Doug Ducey for appointment to fill the opening created by retiring Justice Rebecca White Berch. The candidates are:
ü Clint D. Bolick, Vice President for Litigation at the Goldwater Institute
ü Michael J. Brown, an Arizona Court of Appeals Judge - Division I
ü Kent E. Cattani, an Arizona Court of Appeals Judge - Division I
ü Daisy J. Flores, of Flores & Clark, LLC
ü Andrew W. Gould, an Arizona Court of Appeals Judge - Division I
ü Maurice Portley, an Arizona Court of Appeals Judge - Division I
ü Timothy J. Thomason, a Maricopa County Superior Court Judge
ü Samuel A. Thumma, an Arizona Court of Appeals Judge - Division I
ü Lawrence F. Winthrop, an Arizona Court of Appeals Judge - Division I
· Call The White House 202-456-1111 Comments. Switchboard: 202-456-1414. Contact Senate https://www.senate.gov/ or Representatives http://www.house.gov/ Let them know how you feel. Hold their feet to the fire. They wanted these positions so badly, hold them accountable. Arizona delegation phone numbers:
- Senator John McCain (R- AZ) 202-224-2235 202-228-2862
- Senator Jeff Flake (R- AZ) 202-224-4521 202-228-0515
- Rep Ann Kirkpatrick (D1) 202-225-3361 202-225-3462
- Rep Martha McSally (R2) 202-225-2542 520-881-3588
- Rep Raul M. Grijalva (D3) 202-225-2435 202-225-1541
- Rep Paul A. Gosar (R4) 202-225-2315 202-226-9739
- Rep Matt Salmon (R5) 202-225-2635 202-226-4386
- Rep David Schweikert (R6) 202-225-2190 202-225-0096
- Rep Reuben Gallego (D7) 202-225-4065 202-225-1655
- Rep Trent Franks (R8) 202-225-4576 202-225-6328
- Rep Kyrsten Sinema (D9) 202-225-9888 202-225-9731
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
· A National Day of Remembrance Candlelight Vigil is scheduled at 5 pm., Sun., Nov 1 at Wesley Bolin Park – by the ‘Fallen Officers’ Memorial’ in Phoenix to remember victims of illegal aliens. The event is hosted by a coalition consisting of United for a Sovereign America, BAN Amnesty Now, Arizonan’s for Immigration Reform, The Tea Party Immigration Coalition, American Freedom Riders, Arizona Rebel Alliance, ACU, The Remembrance Project, Riders USA, and Remember 1986. Contact: Publicity Coordinator Barbra Heller, 602-505-8760, firstname.lastname@example.org
· Lincoln Republican Women’s Club will have dinner at 6:20 pm., Mon., Nov 2 at The New McCormick/”Millennium” Resort, Scottsdale-McCormick Ranch, 7401 North Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale, AZ. 5:30pm- meet and greet. 6 pm meeting, and 7 pm program. Spouses invited. Melissa Meierdierks, Coordinator, Veterans Administration Community Resource & Referral Center for homeless Vets will address veterans with PRST using rescue dogs trained as medical service dogs. Vets and dogs will be in attendance. $35 per person. Reservations required by Oct 29. Contact:Chr Patricia Kaufman email@example.com
· In Honor Of Veteran’s Day, Lincoln Republican Women will be collecting zip-lock gallon bags filled with Full sized shampoo, deodorant, tooth brushes and tooth paste, razors and shaving cream, bar soap or body wash, combs, hand lotion, chap stick, feminine hygiene items at their 6 pm., Nov 2 meeting scheduled at The New McCormick/”Millennium” Resort - Scottsdale-McCormick Ranch, 7401 N Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale, AZ. Contact: Chr Patricia Kaufman firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Ahwatukee Tea Party will hold its November and December meetings at the Fire Station #43 at 4110 E Chandler Blvd, on the 3rd Thursday. Meetings will resume at the Clarion Hotel in January 2016. Contact: email@example.com
· Arizona Project Chairman Ron Ludders has announced the smoke damage has all been cleaned up from the recent fire at AP headquarters, 3375 E Shea Blvd, Phoenix, AZ 85028. The group will meet at 6:30 pm., Mon., Nov 2 to discuss school funding programs with LD15 Rep John Allan. Contact Chr Ron Ludders 602.677.1496.
· The Arizona Liberty Caucus will meet at 7 pm., Tues., Nov 3 at the American Legion Post 44, 7145 E 2nd St., Scottsdale, AZ 85251 to discuss due process. Contact: Matthew Papke firstname.lastname@example.org 480 - 242 – 2208.
· Liberty On Tap will meet Sat., Nov 3 at the American Legion Post 44 in the heart of Old Town Scottsdale to address ‘civil asset forfeiture’ with Rep Bob Thorpe. RSVP: ArizonaLibertyR3VOLUTION/
· America’s Mighty Warriors will benefit from the Nov 3 fundraiser at the Lakeside Bar & Grill, 9980 W Happy Valley Parkway #1101, Peoria, AZ. Proceeds will be to support families of fall warriors. Doors open at 6 pm., special menu available. 7 pm show time with Elvis imitator Roy LeBlanc. Tickets $20 person. Must be booked at 623-537-5322 or www.americasmightywarriors.org
· The Americans for Prosperity Foundation is conducting a six-week certification course, beginning Nov 3 and , that provides attendees with the skills and knowledge to be effective grassroots leaders. Classes free, includes dinner. Sign up HERE for the Tucson class beginning Tues, Nov 3. Sign up HERE for the Phoenix class beginning Wed, Nov 4.
· Rep Bob Thorpe will be discussing "Civil Asset Forfeiture” At 7 pm., Tues., Nov 3 at the Arizona Liberty Caucus meeting scheduled at the American Legion Post 44, 7145 E 2nd St., Scottsdale, AZ 8525. Contact: Matthew Papke email@example.com 480 -242- 2208.
· An Election Night Returns Party for Steve Didio, Ryan Hartung, Shir LaMonna, and Pat Stranney is scheduled from 7-10 pm., Tues., Nov 3 at El Molinito, 10180 N Oracle Drive in Oro Valley.
· The Arizona Dept of Transportation will conduct group discussions in November and December on highway congestion, tolling and highway project funding with drivers who live, work, or attend school in at least one of the following counties – Maricopa, Pima Pinal and Yavapai. To qualify fill out the questionnaire at .surveyentrance.com/ by midnight, Nov 3. Those who qualify/participate will receive a $75 check at the conclusion the group activity. For information go to Partners In Brainstorms at firstname.lastname@example.org or (602)368-0005.
· ACT! For America Tucson/Marana Chapter will meet at 6 pm., Wed., Nov 4 at the Nanini Branch Library, 7300 N. Shannon Road, Tucson, AZ 85741 (520-594-5365). Speaker Col Jon Gold, US Army Retired, will discuss “The Refugee Crisis: Phase 6 - Islamic Invasion.” Goodies to be provided. RSVP: Lyle at ActTucson@aol.com or cell at (520) 820-8258! See website at www.ActTucson.com & ACT national at www.actforamerica.org.
· Central Republican Women Of Phoenix will meet Nov. 5 at the Hilton Phoenix Suites, 10 E Thomas. Speaker: Trevor Laky, Southwest Regional Coordinator of the Heritage Action Alliance., will give an update what is happening in Congress. Social at 5:30 pm. , dinner at 6:15. $30 per dinner. RSVP: Tina Shaw email@example.com or 623-934-9730. A reservation made is a reservation paid.. Contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org (602) 252-6300.)
· The City of Scottsdale Transportation Commission and Transportation Department are developing a new Transportation Master Plan. During these conversations, it was suggested to reduce Scottsdale Road in downtown Scottsdale from TWO LANES-per-direction to ONE LANE-per-direction. A draft Transportation Master Plan will be prepared at the Nov 5, Nov 19, Dec 3 and Dec 19 Transportation Commission meetings.. Contact: Paul Basha, Scottsdale Transportation Director at (480) 312-7645 or email@example.com.
· An 8 Am., Nov 5 Three-Mile Moderate-Paced Hike is planned through Usery Mountain Regional Park, 3939 N Usery Pass Road, Mesa, 85207. Bring water and wear close toes shoes. Ph: (480) 984-0032 firstname.lastname@example.org
· "Just For Kids" - Story Time In The Desert - Usery Park Is scheduled at 11 am., Nov 5. Bring picnic lunch to enjoy after the session. Bring water and closed-toe shoes. Suggested ages 3-5 (accompanied by parent or caregiver. Ph: (480) 984-0032 email@example.com
· The Colorado River Tea Party will not meet Nov 5 in lieu of Supt of Public Education Diane Douglas’ meeting at 6 pm., at the Arizona Western College, Schoening Center, 2020 S Ave 8 E. Yuma. Contact: Chr Sally Kizer coloradoriverteaparty.org/
· Mesa Republican Women will meet at 11:30 am., Thurs, Nov 5 at 1900 E. University Drive, Suite 11, Mesa 85213. Our "Honoring our Veterans" meeting will include speaker Dan Caldwell, Legislative and Political Director for Concerned Veterans for America (CVA). Also speaking briefly will be WWII Veteran Robert Sternecker and a special guest attending this month is WWII Veteran Victor "Vic" Giles who turned 90 last summer. RSVP deadline is Sun., Nov. 29 to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (480) 615-0524. Lunch is $10 for members, $12 for visitors/guests. For Veterans this month only, lunch is $8. Membership is $25, Jan-Dec and Men Associate Memberships $15. The club meets the first Thursday of each month. The Dec 3rd meeting is their annual Christmas Party and Membership Drive. $5 for lunch in December with paid 2016 renewals and new memberships. Contact: President Sherry Pierce at the above phone or email address.
· Grande Valley Women’s R. C. meets at Tommy’s Bistro Garden 913 8th Street . Casa
Grande at 5:30pm
· The Sun City West Republican Club will meet at 8:30 am., Sat., Nov 7 to elect new officers and hear presentations by State Treasurer Jeff DeWit on his duties and the condition of the state’s finances and former Sen Russell Pearce, author of SB1070 that addressed illegal immigration. Doors open at 8 am with coffee and donuts. $2 admission fee to cover rental expenses. The meeting is scheduled in the Quail Room of the Sun City West Foundations Building , 14465 R H Johnson Blvd. Sun City West Arizona. Contact: John Neal email@example.com
· The Tempe Republican Women are hosting another packing party from 10:30 am-12:30 pm., Nov 7 to prepare care packages for troops at 1201 S 7th Ave # 50, Phoenix, AZ 85007. RSVP Here!
· The 11th Annual Daisy Mountain Veterans Parade, honoring Korean War Veterans, will begin at 10 am., Nov 7 in Anthem, sponsored by the Daisy Mountain Veterans -- an alliance of members of the America Legion Post 128, and Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 12031 www.daisymtnvets.org Parade route begins at Gavilan Peak Parkway and ends at the Community Center. "On the 65th anniversary of the Korean War, we honor the services and sacrifices of Korean War veterans. Please join us at this year's parade," said Lance Sherwood, parade co-chair. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information email email@example.com.
· The Alex Meluskey For Senate Campaign has a new campaign headquarters, at 10603 N. Hayden Rd. Suite 110. Scottsdale, AZ 85260. There will be a grand opening “Open House” on Nov 7, preceded by a press conference and open interviews with Meluskey. Contact: Comm Dir Joel Andrews Frewa www.Meluskey.com JoelFrewa (954) 907-3292.
Please comply with the 300 word limit policy
· Congressman Matt Salmon After Voting Against agreeing to the Senate Amendment to H.R. 1314, the Bipartisan Budget Agreement of 2015. “Each time a debt limit increase has come to the floor without reciprocal spending cuts, I’ve voted against it. Establishing a statutory debt limit, and then raising it whenever the set amount is reached highlights a problem Americans have been aware of for some time: Washington politicians are unwilling to ever rein in their spending. The same is true today. Through this misguided bill, our departing Speaker cut a deal with President Obama and Congressional Democrats, behind closed doors, to ensure that our nation reaches $20 trillion in debt and forced it on the House in violation of the commitments we made to the American people only a few, short years ago.
“Unfortunately, the problems with this bill don’t end there. The bill ‘pays for’ a bailout to the Social Security Disability Trust Fund by stealing from America’s retirees and further imperiling the Social Security Trust Fund. It also destroys the Budget Control Act caps, beyond the funds needed to supply our military, which were a hard-fought and important conservative victory to finally control D.C.’s wasteful spending.
“I agree with the statement made by then-Senator Obama that continued raises in the debt ceiling are a failure in leadership that burdens our children and grandchildren. It’s unfortunate that more of my colleagues didn’t join me in this vote, but I will still work toward changing Washington’s culture of waste.”
· Rep. Matt Salmon After Voting For Paul Ryan to take the position of Speaker of the House. “Today, members of The People’s House selected a new leader, one who promises to unify the Republican party and move the House, and our country, in a new direction. In addition to uniting the conference, Paul Ryan has promised to reform the Rules of the House, devolving power to the membership instead of wielding it to achieve ends that the majority of our Republican conference doesn’t support. To that end, he has also committed to once again enforcing the Hastert Rule; that legislation won’t be brought to the floor without support from a majority of the majority party.These are welcome and necessary changes, and my colleagues in the Freedom Caucus and I pledge to hold Speaker Ryan to these commitments, so that we may renew our fight to advance a conservative agenda on behalf of our constituents and the American people.”
· Rep. Matt Salmon Has Introduced The Hearing Protection Act to remove suppressors as NFA-regulated items. That means they would be subject to the same background checks and purchasing procedures as a .45-caliber pistol or a .22-caliber rifle. READ MORE
· Rep. Matt Salmon Upon Word Of The Arrest Of Iranian-American Siamak Namazi: “The Islamic Republic of Iran is not our friend. Still, contradicting the best interests of our nation, the President negotiated a deal with a hostile regime that would entitle them to domestically develop a nuclear weapon only one decade from now. Even after securing a deal so favorable to their despotic nation, Iran continues to show outright contempt for the United States, exemplifying their disdain by arresting Siamak Namazi, a figure diligently working to promote actual ties between our nations. Our actions thus far have been symbolic at best. While at the nuclear negotiating table, our government put the release of billions of dollars ahead of the lives of Americans detained in Iran on trumped up charges. It is my hope that our Department of State finally gets serious about returning all of our citizens home from their unjust captivity in Iran.”
· The-Nine-Principled-Conservatives-Who-Voted-Against-RINO-Ryan-For-Speaker Gosar Voted Against Ryan
· Why The Confusing Message From AZ GOP? Robert Graham’s Slippery Mailers Irritate, Alienate Voters
· GOP Leadership Collude With Obama, Dems On Budget This Is Why “Political Outsiders” Donald Trump And Ben Carson Are Surging
- Donald Trump's Plan To Reform Veterans Adminstration
- Rasmussen: Trump Still The Man After Debate
- Jeb Bush Got $1.3M Job At Lehman After Florida Shifted Pension Cash To Bank
- Rasmussen: Trump-Still-‘The Man’after-Debate
REPUBLICAN PARTY OF MARICOPA COUNTY MaricopaCountyGOP.com
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no Border News Watch
SECOND AMENDMENT, FIREARMS
WAR ON WOMEN
WAR ON LAW ENFORCEMENT
· The-Nine-Principled-Conservatives-Who-Voted-Against-Rino-Ryan-For-Speaker Gosar Voted Against Ryan
JUDGE ANDREW NAPOLITANO
BILL AND HILLARY
DEPT OF HOMELAND SECURITY
· Broken Promises: Obama Will Now Put Boots To The Ground In Syria Against ISIS "I Will Not Put American Boots On The Ground In Syria."