- ► May (27)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ▼ December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
Tuesday – Dec 1, 2015
· Maricopa County Grassroots PCs wishing to help co-sponsor an “Anyone But John McCain” resolution that has been submitted to the MCRC Resolutions Committee for consideration during the Jan 16, 2016 Maricopa County Republican Mandatory meeting should email email@example.com ASAP with their name, precinct, and email address, to receive a copy of the proposed MCRC resolution for review. Over 100 MCRC PCs have already signed up to co-sponsor the resolution. See full story http://archives.mcrcbriefs.org/2015/12/11-30-15-briefs.html
· AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham, the executive board and elected officers have invited the Maricopa County Republican precinct committeemen, their family and friends to a free pancake breakfast at GOP headquarters, 3501 N. 24th St., Phx. between 8:30-11:30 am, Sat. Dec 5. No RSVP required.
· Folks Are Wondering if AZGOP Chairman Robert Grahams’ free pancake breakfast for Maricopa County precinct committeemen (PCs) is an attempt to derail both of the “Anyone But John McCain” resolutions that are proposed for the January 2016 mandatory meetings. Former Maricopa County Chairman AJ LaFaro submitted a separate, but similar “Anyone But John McCain” Resolution to the AZGOP last week. AZGOP Executive Director Chad Heywood said the resolution committee would review LaFaro’s resolution, but Heywood’s annoyance was abundantly clear in his uncomplimentary comments about LaFaro to the Arizona Republic. The 2014 “No Confidence” Resolution that passed overwhelmingly at both the Maricopa County and the AZGOP Mandatory meetings in 2014 were passed under LaFaro’s term a MCRC Chair.
· Tom Morrissey, Immediate Past Chairman of the AZ GOP: Narcissistic Crazy? Really Chad. This is the first time I've been included under such a description. I thought the name calling was reserved for the other party. Now, I have been grouped in with those who were referred to as "Cracked Pots" when, with the support of the Tea Party I was elected AZ GOP Chairman in 2011. How could that have happened? Fact is, it did, and the Establishment in our party hated it and went to work immediately to undo it. But it didn't work. So for two years we "Crack Pots" ran the state party and we "Crack Pots" pulled off one of the most successful election cycles in our state party history. (Watch out guys, because we may be at it again.) By the way, as far as us being called "Cracked Pots", that is not such a bad thing because, "there is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in." (Leonard Cohen) And light is what is needed desperately, in our party and our country, these trying days. So "Cracked Pots" unite! We have a job to do and let it begin with the upcoming January meetings.
· ATTN: If you are among the readers/correspondents who are getting bounce backs to e-mails you may have sent to firstname.lastname@example.org over in the past few days, please resend them to both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org It seems the cyber gremlins are at play again. We are working on it. Thanks for your patience. Frosty
· Attorney General Mark Brnovich today filed a Petition for Special Action to remove Arizona Corporation Commissioner (“Commissioner”) Susan Bitter Smith from office. The Petition filed this morning in the Arizona Supreme Court is the result of an ongoing investigation regarding an alleged violation of a conflict of interest statute. The Attorney General’s Office alleges Bitter Smith is ineligible to hold office because of her conflict of interest as a registered lobbyist and executive for a trade association of cable companies regulated by the Arizona Corporation Commission (“Commission”). “Arizonans deserve fair and impartial regulators,” said Attorney General Mark Brnovich. “We filed this case today to protect the integrity of the Commission and to restore the faith of Arizona voters in the electoral process. Arizona law clearly prohibits a Commissioner from receiving substantial compensation from companies regulated by the Commission.” Petition for Special Action, Click Here. Exhibits attached to the Petition, Click Here.
· Reservations are required by Wed., Dec 2 to attend the Grande Valley Republican Women’s 5:30 pm., Mon., Dec 7 (check in at 5 pm) at 408 N Sacaton St, Suite 11, just off Florence Blvd and just outside old town Casa Grande. There is parking available to the north and to the south of the building. Dinner $10. RSVP required to Sandy Knapp at email@example.com or 412-973-3853 by Wed., Dec 2. Attendees are asked to bring four items to be sent to our troops or donations for postage.
· LD13 will meet at 7pm., Tues, Dec 8 at the Tuscany Falls Clubhouse Chianti Room, 16262 Clubhouse Drive, Goodyear Arizona with speaker Clint Hickman, District 4 Maricopa Board of Supervisors. Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio is scheduled for the Jan 12 meeting. Contact: Chairman Wally Campbell firstname.lastname@example.org
· Astroturf And Manipulation Of Media Message by Sharyl Attkisson explains the art of manipulating the public.
· Alex Meluskey, Candidate for U.S. Senate - (R-AZ), will speak to the Grass Roots Tea Party Activists at 6:30 pm., Wed., Dec 2 at Denny's, 2717 W Bell Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85023. Contact: Comm Dir Joel Andres Frewa www.Meluskey.com (954) 907-3292.
· Aaron Flannery is running for Maricopa County Recorder. He would like to update voter rolls by removing names of those who do not vote for two years, according to LD13 Chairwoman Wally Campbell.
· While The Press Tried To Corner Ted Cruz to get him to place blame of the Colorado shooting this weekend by a disturbed man on the “rhetoric of the right,” something else was happening. The University of Chicago canceled classes on Monday after a threat promising to “execute approximately 16 white male students and or staff” was discovered on the Internet. MORE
· Alex Meluskey, Candidate for U.S. Senate - (R-AZ), will speak to the Northern Arizona University College Republicans at 7 pm., Thurs., Dec 3 in the Student Union @ NAU, 1050 South Knoles Drive Flagstaff, AZ 86011. Contact: Comm Dir Joel Andres Frewa www.Meluskey.com (954) 907-3292.
· Troops To Iraq. Defense Secretary Ashton Carter testified before Congress, where he announced the U.S. will send special-operations troops into Iraq to help local troops fight the Islamic State and to—eventually—“conduct unilateral operations” in Syria.
· The Maricopa County Republican Committee Mandatory Meeting is scheduled Sat., Jan 16 at the Church of the Nation’s, 6225 N. Central Avenue, Phoenix, AZ. 85012, according to Executive Director April Riggins. Riggins and Dan Grimm are co-chairing the event again this year. Those wishing to obtain tables, display banners, have flyers distributed in the packet, or display ground signs are asked to call Reservations Chairman Liz Alcorn for pricing at Lizalcorn@ymail.com or phone 602-315- 0349. Checks should be made payable to MCRC and mailed to Liz Alcorn, 12040 N. 133rd Way, Scottsdale, AZ. 85259 by Jan 11, 2016. Tables will be assigned when payment is received. No exceptions.
· The Mandatory AZGOP Meeting for all State Committeemen (in person or by proxy) will be held Jan 23, 2016 at Grace Community Church in Phoenix.
· The Arizona GOP State Convention, where the state delegates to the Republican National Committeemen, are elected is scheduled April 30 at the Mesa Arts Center. Sharon Geise and Bruce Ash are the current RNC delegates.
· The Presidential Preference Election is scheduled for March 22, 2016 when Arizonans can cast their ballots for their preferred presidential candidates.
· Alex Meluskey, Candidate for U.S. Senate - (R-AZ), will speak to LD1 precinct committeemen at 7 pm., Mon., Dec 7 at 34835 N 7th St, Phoenix, AZ 85086. Contact: Comm Dir Joel Andres Frewa www.Meluskey.com (954) 907-3292.
· The AzRA Christmas Party And State Membership Meeting is scheduled at 9 am., Sat., Dec 5 at the Devonshire Community Center, 2802 E Devonshire Ave, Phoenix 85016. Social time 8:30 am. Enjoy fellowship & bake sale. Bring your baked items ready to sell. Asking for cash donations for "Operation Enduring Gratitude” – an organization that helps veterans build a wheelchair ramp or gift cards for groceries or home repairs. AZRA members will also establish a plan for the January 2016 Maricopa County and AZGOP state meetings, as well as the next legislative session. The State Executive Board meets at the close of the membership meeting. Contact: Chairman Thayer Verschoor email@example.com
· Reservations Deadline Is Dec 7 For The Arrowhead Republican Women Holiday Luncheon/Bling Bingo scheduled at 11:30 am, Sat., Dec12 at Briarwood Country Club, 20800 N. 135th Ave., Sun City West Check-in at 10:45am. Reservation required through firstname.lastname@example.org or http://arrowheadr/luncheons. $25 payable by cash or check at the door, includes a bingo card . ARW is open to registered Republican women - Republican men may join as associate members.
· Call The White House 202-456-1111 Comments. Switchboard: 202-456-1414. Contact Senate https://www.senate.gov/ or Representatives http://www.house.gov/ Let them know how you feel. Hold their feet to the fire. They wanted these positions so badly, hold them accountable. Arizona delegation phone numbers:
- Senator John McCain (R- AZ) 202-224-2235 202-228-2862
- Senator Jeff Flake (R- AZ) 202-224-4521 202-228-0515
- Rep Ann Kirkpatrick (D1) 202-225-3361 202-225-3462
- Rep Martha McSally (R2) 202-225-2542 520-881-3588
- Rep Raul M. Grijalva (D3) 202-225-2435 202-225-1541
- Rep Paul A. Gosar (R4) 202-225-2315 202-226-9739
- Rep Matt Salmon (R5) 202-225-2635 202-226-4386
- Rep David Schweikert (R6) 202-225-2190 202-225-0096
- Rep Reuben Gallego (D7) 202-225-4065 202-225-1655
- Rep Trent Franks (R8) 202-225-4576 202-225-6328
- Rep Kyrsten Sinema (D9) 202-225-9888 202-225-9731
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
· The Colorado River Tea Party – Yuma will meet at 6 pm., Dec 3 in the Community Christian Church, 6480 E Hwy 95, for election of officers and discuss the Annual Feb 11 and 23 Jamboaree at the Palms RV resort with speakers Jim and Mickie Kindle. Contact Chr Sally Kizer, Chairman email@example.com
· The Central Republican Women of Phoenix meets Dec 3 to install newly elected officers at the Phoenix Hilton Suites in Phoenix. Parking is available at Phoenix Plaza Parking Garage adjacent to the hotel. Entry to the garage may be accessed on the west side near the hotel entrance on East Thomas Road, as well as 2nd Street on the east side and West Catalina Drive on the north side. Visitor parking spaces are marked and access to the ground level is available via stairway and elevator. Present your parking garage ticket to the front desk for validation for complimentary parking. Valet parking is also available at the hotel for $16. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Arizona Heritage Alliance Board Annual Meeting: 9am - noon, Thurs, Dec 3, at the League of Arizona Cities and Towns, 1820 W. Washington St, Phoenix 85007. Parking is available in the rear and to the east of the League. The business meeting will include the election of the 2016 Board Members and Officers, discussion of the future of the Heritage Fund, and brainstorming for the Alliance's 25th Anniversary in 2017. Open to Arizona Heritage Alliance members, partners, and interested individuals. RSVP at 602-528-7500 or emailing email@example.com
· The Arizona Project Will Host A Ted Hayes Workshop entitled "Heal America: Take Back the 14th Amendment & Moral High Ground" at 6:30 pm., Thurs., Dec 3 at 3375 E Shea Blvd., Phoenix, AZ 85028. The 14th Amendment gives birthright citizenship to those who were Slaves during that sad part of American history. Today it is being used by illegal aliens to foster the "anchor baby" conflict. Hayes suggests you attend the Nov 30 discussion before attending the workshop so you will be able to hit the ground running. Arizona Project plans to video tape the Nov 30 meeting. . Contact: Ronald Ludders, Chairman 602.677.1496
· The Lincoln Republican Women will Celebrate the Life of Judy Eisenhower at a fundraiser dinner meeting at 6 pm., Fri., Dec 4 at the Laguna San Juan Clubhouse, 5355 79th Way, Scottsdale, AZ 85250 (Jackrabbit and Hayden). Meet and greet – 5:30 pm., meeting – 6 pm, 6:15 –buffet, 6:30 celebration, 7:15 silent auction. People will be speaking about Eisenhower throughout this event. A percentage of the proceeds will go the Veterans of the Viet Nam War. $35 per person. BYOB Reservations required. Deadline: Tues, Dec 1. Send check made out to “LRWC” to Pat Kaufman, 7436 E. Tuckey Lane, Scottsdale, AZ 85250, or bring cash. Contact Kaufman at firstname.lastname@example.org 480-368-2777 or 602-214-2114.
· AZ East Valley Pro-Life Alliance’s Barleens Annual Christmas Dinner & Show: 7:30 pm., Fri., Dec 4 in Apache Junction. Seating starts at 5:30 pm. $36 per person – dinner/show. Cash Bar ( wine and beer). RSVP deadline: October 30. Phone 480-216-7217.
· Sun City West Republican Club: 8:30 am, Dec 5 in the Sun City West Foundations Building (Quail Room) 14465 R H Johnson Blvd., Sun City West Arizona. Update by Board of Supervisors Clint Hickman. Hickman will also induct the newly elected 2016 officers. The doors open at 8am with coffee and donuts being served. $2 admission to help pay for the cost of the room. Information: call 602-421-8877.
· A Book Signing Is Scheduled For “The Life And Death Of Former Cochise County Sheriff Larry Dever – Accident Or Murder”, the recently released “tell-all” on the life of well-liked Cochise County Sheriff Larry Dever will held between 1-4 pm., Dec 5 at St. David High School Auditorium, 70 E Patton St., St., David on a newly released book by co-authors William Daniel and Larry Dempster, Another book signing is scheduled between 8-11 am., Dec 12 at Cochise College SierraVista Campus Student Union Building and between 1-3 pm, Dec 12 at “Christmas on Main” The Cowboy Way in Benson. The Hastings Bookstore in Sierra Vista will also conduct a book signing between 13 pm, Dec 19. Contact: 529-586-7700.
· The Pima County Republican Women Silver Tea will meet Sat., Dec 5 at the La Paloma Country Club. 3660 E Sunrise Dr, Tucson, AZ 85718.
· Compact For America Is Planning BBQ In Willcox, AZ on Dec 5, following the conclusion of the ALEC States and Nation Summit in Scottsdale. Speakers: Grover Norquist and Larry Reed who will address the national debt and protecting the Republic. RSVP to Click here to RSVP or to learn more: compactforamerica.org/#!a-republic-we-will-keep/c213c Contact: Nick Dranias, Exec Dir at Nick.Dranias@CompactforAmerica.org 602-228-2582 or seewww.CompactforAmerica.org
· A Republic We Will Keep : 10 am – 5:30 pm, Sat., Dec 5 at the Inde Motorsports Ranch, 9301 W Airport Road, Willcox, Az 85643. BBQ, private motor speedway, shoot machine guns with a certified, insured range master, and tour a private collection of Cold War fighter jets. RSVP: http://www.compactforamerica.org/ - !a-republic-we-will-keep/c213c Info on Inde Motorsports Ranch go to: http://indemotorsports.com Contact Deborah Molique (480) 986-5678 email@example.com
· The Arizona Convention of States Project is hosting Michael Farris and Rep Bob Thorpe as speakers at the 2-5:30 pm, Dec 5, Liberty Fest at the Four Points by Sheraton Hotel, 6850 E. Williams Field Rd, Mesa, AZ 85212. Family fun, live music with Chad Freeman and the Redline band, guest performance by Michael Land, vendors, food, drink, bounce house, and a Constitutional atmosphere. “Who Decides?” is the question concerned Arizonians are asking and the AZ COS has the answer. Contact: AZ COS State Director Mike Kapic 775-846-4948 http://amac.us/ conventionofstates.com azconventionofstates.com
· The Tempe Republican Women Christmas Party is at 6:30 pm., Dec 7 at 1550 E Greentree Drive, Tempe. Free for members, $15 for guests and associates(covers the cost of the food) Members RSVP here Guests and Associates RSVP and Pay here Bring a wrapped gift (up to $10 in value) for exchange in the "dirty Santa" game. Contact: President Jessica Merrow firstname.lastname@example.org
· Arizona Project Christmas party/potluck: 6 pm., Dec 7 at 3375 E Shea Blvd., Phoenix, AZ 85028. Santa expected at 6:30 pm. Contact: Ronald Ludders, Chairman 602.677.1496
· The The Sun Lakes Republicans Christmas dinner: 6:30 pm., Dec 8 in the Arizona Room of the Sun Lakes Country Club, 25601 S Sun Lakes Blvd., Sun Lakes. Chicken dinner provided by club. Bring a salad or side dinner if your last name begins A-M. Bring a desert if between N-Z. Cash bar available. Speaker: Az Senate candidate Kelli Ward. A toast of gratitude will be given to Sen Steve Yarbrough, and Rep JD Mesnard and Jeff Weninger. RSVP to Mike Tennant at 480-802-0178 for preparations purposes. Contact: Tennant or www.slgop.org
· Pima County Republican Club: 11:30 am., Tues., Dec 8 at 450 S Tucson Blvd. Tucson, Arizona 85716.
· The Huachuca Rep Women: 10:30 am., Tues., Dec 8 at the Pueblo Del Sol Country Club. 2770 St. Andrews Dr, Sierra Vista, AZ 85650.
Please comply with the 300 word limit policy
· US Senate Candidate Alex Meluskey - Arizona Common Core Makes No Common Sense: In 2014, voters made their voices heard when they elected a Superintendent of Public Instruction who ran solely on the basis of eliminating Common Core. During the superintendent’s first days in office she attempted to remove pro common core members from the State Board of Education, but she was met with resistance from the governor—resulting in her actions being overruled.
I am a firm believer parents and educators should be in command of the education students receive. I believe elected officials should be free to carry out the wishes of those who elected them. Do you believe as I do?
Unfortunately, some in our state senate do not seem to hold the same beliefs. State Senator Kelli Ward, introduced Senate Bill 1038. The language in the bill echoed the actions of the governor, removing any authority the superintendent once held over the board. Ward teamed up with the governor to derail the Common Core Replacement Act creating instead a “committee” to gather recommendations. Why does Kelli think we need another committee and another “thoughtful study” to tell her what we already know to be right?
The utter disrespect shown to Arizona voters by this move greatly undermines their voice and their choices when it comes to the education of their children and begs the question, where does Kelli Ward really stand on Common Core and why should we believe her now? Politicians looking to continue their political progression have fooled us long enough.
As your next United States Senator, I will fight to empower you in keeping control over your child’s education rather than relinquishing it to the federal government and entrenched bureaucrats. I have a daughter in high school and a son in college. I will be your ally in Washington and in our state to bring common sense back to our local schools because common core makes no common sense. Contact: Will you join me?
Please comply with the 300 word limit policy
· Congressman Paul A. Gosar after the House successfully passed S.J.Res.23 and S.J.Res.24 which will trigger the Congressional Review Act to effectively block the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) arbitrary regulations for new and existing power plants: “No amount of self-righteous claims or baseless partisan attacks from President Obama will change the fact that he has no power to enact his fanatical environmental agenda, period. His backdoor attempts to rule by executive fiat have been repeatedly and resoundingly rejected by Congress, federal courts and the American people. The president’s war on coal is unlawful and extremely misguided as nearly 40% of our nation’s electricity is generated from this important resource...that includes electricity to charge the luxury hybrid car of the president’s climate change buddy, Al Gore. “Once again, I challenge the president to follow the law and attempt to pass his Clean Power Plan through the legislative process. If he truly believes that his ideas are worthy of action, why continue to circumvent the process? The reality is the American people will never submit to bogus cap-and-trade mandates. Further, the president failed to pass cap-and-tax through Congress when the Democrats controlled both Houses in 2010. Hard-working taxpayers can’t afford more EPA regulations that will drive up energy prices and cost our economy billions of dollars each year. The American people have said no, Congress has said no and it is only a matter of time before the courts say no. Let the president stew over that ‘inconvenient truth’ on his flight back from Paris.” See: Congress Strikes Back to Reject EPA’s Lawless Attack on the Coal Industry
· Congressman Matt Salmon: This is not a typo - Did you see what happened in Washington recently? In just one day, our national debt shot up $339.1 billion! That's not a typo – 339,100,000,000 billion dollars! It is unbelievable that politicians from both parties voted to give President Obama the authority to increase our national debt once again, with no meaningful reforms to cut wasteful spending and trim our budget deficits. I did not vote for this horrible legislation, and I will never vote to increase our national debt until we finally get serious about slashing our government's bloated budgets. Amazingly enough, some big-spending liberals now want to label me as irresponsible for voting against this awful legislation. They believe the government should always be handed a blank check, with no questions asked, whenever politicians demand it. These liberals are already on the attack and hell-bent on voting me out of office. I will never apologize for being a fiscal conservative, and I will never vote to kick the can down the road further so our children and grandchildren are left with a national debt they can never repay. This fight is about the long-term economic health of our nation, and I can't keep fighting for you and our shared conservative values without your help. I remain committed to making serious and immediate changes to how Washington spends your money. Together, I am confident we can achieve these goals. Thank you for all you do to get our country back on the right path. Contact: click here
· AZ AG Files Action Against Corp. Comish Bitter Smith Legal Action Cites Conflict Of Interest
· Trump Speaks Truth, Mccain Denounces Him McCain: “ISIS is not that strong”
· Dr. Kelli Ward & Prof. David Brat: Upsets Can Happen Bucking The Establishment: The New Political Reality
· McLosers Featured At Mesa Campaign Rally McCain’s “Surprise Special Guest” Revealed In Early Desperation Move
- Accusation of Racism by an Obama style liberal 9th Circuit Court Judge
· Allen West Weighs In On ISIS Refugee Recruits
· US To Send Special Forces To Battle Isis
· Obama’s Latest Plan Must Be Stopped. He’s Making His Move Now
REPUBLICAN PARTY OF MARICOPA COUNTY MaricopaCountyGOP.com
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no Border News Watch
SECOND AMENDMENT, FIREARMS
PARIS TERRORIST ATTACK
FIRST AMENDMENT – FREEDOM OF SPEECH
WAR ON WOMEN
WAR ON LAW ENFORCEMENT
BILL AND HILLARY
DEMS AND LIBS
COMMON CORE/ AGENDA 21
· Mayors are pushing for a bigger role for local governments at global climate talks.