- ► September (19)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ▼ December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
Thursday – Dec 3, 2015
· Briefs remembers 25 years ago when former Arizona Attorney General Bob Corbin, then Assistant Attorney General Steve Twist and the rest of us on Corbin’s staff were a bunch of happy campers when voters passed the Arizona Victim’s Bill of Right - Prop 104. On Nov 6, 1990, Proposition 104 passed with 57% of Arizona voters in favor of adding specific rights for crime victims to the state Constitution. Twist, was the hard working young attorney, who led the campaign to make Arizona the sixth state to pass a constitutional amendment that spells out the rights of crime victims. See complete text Arizona_Victim's_Bill_of_Rights,_Prop_104_(1990) . Twist is founder and board member of Arizona Voice for Crime Victims, is Vice President and General Counsel for Services Group of America, Inc., serves as an adjunct professor at the ASU Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law and is a charter member of the Supreme Court’s Commission on Victims in the Courts. Corbin, former chairman of the National Rifle Association (still active), retired from the AGs office and currently resides in the cool pines north of Phoenix with his wife Lori Klein, a former Arizona legislator. I don’t think he ever found the “Lost Dutchman’s Mine” but he made numerous treks into the Superstitions Mountains in his search.
· Volunteers Are Needed At 10 Am., Sat., Dec 5 to gather petitions signatures for Kelli Ward, Christine Accuro and other area Republican candidates at the Southeast Regional Library, 775 N Greenfield Rd., Gilbert, AZ 85234
· The Sun Lakes Republican Club gun raffle is $10 per ticket for a new Glock 19, 9mm handgun Generation 3 with carry case, safety cable, magazine, and safety class. The winner must be at least 21 years of age, an Arizona resident with valid ID and must provide background check information to Guns Etc., 2910 S Alma School, Mesa. Tickets are available through Sun Lakes Executive Board members of call Chairman Michael Tennant at 480-802-0178. Board members and spouses are not eligible to purchase tickets.
· The Arizona Republican Assembly (AzRA) Christmas Party And State Membership Meeting is scheduled at 9 am., Sat., Dec 5 at the Devonshire Community Center, 2802 E Devonshire Ave, Phoenix 85016. Social time 8:30 am. Bring baked items ready to sell. Also asking for cash donations for "Operation Enduring Gratitude” – an organization that helps veterans build such things as a wheelchair ramp or gift cards for groceries or home repairs. AZRA members will also establish a plan for the January 2016 Maricopa County and AZGOP state meetings, as well as the next legislative session. The State Executive Board meets at the close of the membership meeting. Contact: Chairman Thayer Verschoor email@example.com
· AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham, the executive board and elected officers have invited the Maricopa County Republican precinct committeemen, their family and friends to a free pancake breakfast at GOP headquarters, 3501 N. 24th St., Phx. between 8:30-11:30 am, Sat. Dec 5. No RSVP required.
· Will AZGOP Top Gun Robert Grahams’ pancake breakfast for MCRC PCs turn into a recruitment event to garner support for an unnamed pro-John McCain committee that Graham and his side kick Chad Heywood are quietly forming behind the scenes to derail both of the “Anyone But John McCain” resolutions that are proposed for the January 2016 state and Maricopa County GOP mandatory meetings.
· Maricopa County Grassroots PCs wishing to help co-sponsor the “Anyone But John McCain” resolution that has been submitted to the MCRC Resolutions Committee for consideration during the Jan 16, 2016 Maricopa County Republican Mandatory meeting -- should email firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP with their name, precinct, and email address, to receive a copy of the proposed MCRC resolution for review before making a commitment. As of this evening, over 100 MCRC PCs had signed up to co-sponsor the resolution. See full story http://archives.mcrcbriefs.org/2015/12/11-30-15-briefs.html
· ATTN: If you are among the readers/correspondents who were getting bounce backs to e-mails you may have sent to Briefs over in the past week, please resend them to both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org Techies think they have captured the cyber gremlins that were at play. Thanks for your patience. Frosty
· Franks Leads Republicans Joining Latest Legal Attack On Obamacare Rep. Trent Franks, R-Glendale, led 45 other House Republicans Wednesday who filed a legal brief in support of the latest challenge to Obamacare, which the lawmakers claim is unconstitutional.
· Sen Candidate Alex Meluskey spoke to the NAU College Republicans this evening in Flagstaff. Contact: Comm Dir Joel Andres Frewa www.Meluskey.com (954) 907-3292.
· The Arizona Republican Lawyers Association will meet Dec 17 for a legislative year review with Senate President Andy Biggs. RSVP: email@example.com Details tba.
· LD24 will meet Dec 17 to elect a new chairman. Details tba. Timothy Lee is the only announced candidate for the position.
· The Most Recent Pew study on religion in public life tells us, Democrats went from 74% Christian in 2007 to 63% in 2014. The share of Christian Republicans dropped by 5 points to 82 percent, about the same as the population overall. The single largest group of Democrats on the spectrum of beliefs was “none.” Those professing no faith jumped 9 points in seven years – now 28%
· A free Christmas concert is scheduled at 7 pm, Sun., Dec 13 at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints LDS Stake Center, 7073 Pronghorn Ranch Parkway in Prescott Valley.
· Sheron Jones, Chapter President Of The Gold Star Mothers in Tucson is asking for donations to place wreaths on the graves of all veterans on at 10 am, Dec 12 at the Evergreen Cemetery on Oracle Road, 3015 N. Oracle Rd. Wreaths are $15 each. Sen Kelli Ward will be the Ceremony speaker . Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 520-390-1704.
· Forests-Ready-For Christmas-Tree-Cutting-Season Permits no longer available at chain of sporting good stores, must be purchased at forest service ranger stations.
· “These Are Mass Murderers, who were Muslim, and who have recently returned from Saudi Arabia. That’s what we know. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck and sounds like a duck, maybe it’s a duck.” – Carly Fiorina on “FOX & Friends” today.
· Gallego, McSally Reflect, Remain Positive, As Freshman Year Winds Down Arizona Reps. Martha McSally and Ruben Gallego knew when they were sworn in to their seats in Congress in January that there were problems with partisanship and productivity in Washington.
· Arizona Environmentalists Attending Paris Talks hope agreement is only the beginning Arizona environmental experts attending the United Nations Conference on Climate Change in Paris are expecting a substantial agreement to reduce global warming. And they hope it’s just the beginning of a worldwide commitment to save the planet before it’s too late.
· Trump Plans Israel Trip - WashEx: “Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said Wednesday night that he will travel to Israel soon to meet with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. ‘I love Israel and Israel is our real strong supporter. Very soon I’m going to Israel and I’ll be meeting with Bibi Netanyahu,’ the billionaire told supporters at a campaign rally.’”
· The Judge’s Ruling: ‘spying on all people all the time’ - Senior Judicial Analyst Judge Andrew Napolitano notes that the USA Freedom Act, which went into effect this week, purports to curb the government’s ability to get instant access to domestic emails and phones calls but does no such thing: “Both the Patriot Act and the USA Freedom Act…permit the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court to issue warrants based on the standard of ‘governmental needs’ rather than probable cause. This is a profoundly unconstitutional standard, and one that has resulted in spying on all people all the time.” Read it here.
· Reuters: “A Canadian College Student caught at a border checkpoint in August 2014 with 51 live turtles in his pants pleaded guilty to six smuggling charges on Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Kai Xu, 27, of Windsor, Ontario, admitted to smuggling or trying to smuggle more than 1,600 turtles of different species out of the United States from April 2014 until his arrest in September 2014…When he passed back through the Detroit-Windsor Tunnel, Xu was stopped by Canadian Border Services, which found and seized 41 live turtles taped to his legs and 10 hidden between his legs, the complaint said…U.S. District Judge John Corbett O’Meara scheduled sentencing for April 12 in Ann Arbor. Xu has been held in federal custody since his arrest.”
· All U.S. military combat positions are being opened up to women, Defense Secretary Ash Carter announced Thursday. The decision allows women to fill about 220,000 jobs that are now limited to men -- including infantry, armor, reconnaissance and some special operations units. "This means that as long as they qualify and meet the standards, women will now be able to contribute to our mission in ways they could not before. They'll be able to drive tanks, give orders, lead infantry soldiers into combat," Carter said at a news conference Thursday. "There will be no exceptions," he added.
· Congresswoman Martha McSally today after Secretary of Defense Ashton Carter announced the military would open all positions to women. A retired Air Force Colonel who served 26 years in the military, McSally was the first woman to fly in combat and the first woman to command a fighter squadron in U.S. history. “Today’s historic announcement finally recognizes that our military is strongest when it prioritizes merit and capability, not gender – and it’s about damn time,” said McSally. “Women have been fighting and dying for our country since its earliest wars. They have shown they can compete with the best of the best, and succeed. We are a country that looks at people as individuals, not groups. We select the best man for the job, even if it’s a woman. I couldn’t be prouder today of all the women warriors out there who have shown they have what it takes to be the best and serve with the best. I’ll continue to work with my colleagues to oversee the integration process and ensure our force’s readiness with our most capable men and women.”
· Sen John McCain (R-AZ) and U.S. Rep Mac Thornberry (R-TX), Chairmen of the Senate and House Armed Services Committees, today on Defense Secretary Ash Carter’s decision to open all military combat positions to women: “Secretary Carter's decision to open all combat positions to women will have a consequential impact on our service members and our military's warfighting capabilities. The Congress has an essential Constitutional role to make rules for the government and regulation of our nation's armed forces. Moreover, by law, the Congress has a 30-day period to review the implications of today's decision. The Senate and House Armed Services Committees intend to carefully and thoroughly review all relevant documentation related to today's decision, including the 1,000-page Marine Integrated Task Force report. We expect the Department to send over its implementation plans as quickly as possible to ensure our Committees have all the information necessary to conduct proper and rigorous oversight. We also look forward to receiving the Department’s views on any changes to the Selective Service Act that may be required as a result of this decision.”
· Arizona Congressman Matt Salmon and Trent Franks. Along with Jeff Duncan (SC-03) today announced a letter to House Speaker Paul Ryan, calling for a new Authorization for the Use of Military Force (AUMF) to outline the United States’ fight against ISIS to be passed before the House adjourns in December.
“The President’s refusal to fully engage our enemy doesn’t mean Congress should shirk our Constitutional responsibility to declare war. While we return to our districts and celebrate the holidays, ISIS barbarians are preparing new attacks on innocent civilians across the Middle East and around the world. This is too important to push off until later,” said Congressman Salmon, "A new AUMF will give our commanders, including our Commander-in-Chief, the guidance and authority they need to defeat these thugs. It’s a no brainer. With this specter growing darker on our horizon, Congress should not go home without passing a new AUMF.”
"The President has made it exceptionally clear that he is more concerned about "global warming" than he is about violent Islamic terrorism running rampant in the world. His historic failure to respond to the dangerous, evil threat of ISIS invites an attack on our homeland. It is time to clarify to the world and to our friends and enemies that Mr. Obama’s vacillation and weakness in no way represents the opinions of Members of Congress or the people of the United States,” Congressman Franks said, “Oblivious to the true threat, the President has failed, at every juncture, to use the authority he already has. We want to make it absolutely clear that he has full authority and the admonition of Congress to destroy these evil monsters."
· US Sen John McCain opposing an amendment offered to the Budget Reconciliation Act that would increase funding for Planned Parenthood: “As a lifelong pro-life American, I strongly oppose the amendment offered today and voted no to sending more taxpayer dollars to Planned Parenthood. Along with millions of Americans across the country, I was appalled by gruesome footage showing Planned Parenthood’s role in the harvesting of unborn baby parts, and was proud to cosponsor legislation that would have defunded this scandal-plagued organization. It’s time to take a stand for the rights of all human life, including the unborn, and start doing more to protect the well-being of women, mothers, and their families.”
· ATTN Republicans: Go to the Arizona Secretary of State Website www.azsos.gov/equal to sign candidate petitions for the 2016 ballots and contribute $5 to clean elections candidates. Candidates can get one-half of their signatures and $5 contributions via the website. This saves candidates a lot of time and shoe leather.
· Secretary of State Michele Reagan has announced that filing paperwork for candidates who have filed for the Presidential Preference Election, scheduled for March 22, 2016, is available online, and will be updated regularly as candidates file: azsos.gov/elections/voting-election/
Candidates for the PPE have until December 14 to file. In order to file as a presidential candidate, the candidate must have 500 valid signatures from qualified electors or qualified for the ballot in two other states with primary elections. Contact: Kim Crawford, Communications Manager 602-542-2228 email@example.com
· Heros to Hometowns “Pajama and Toy Drive” for wounded veterans and their families is underway. Contact CEO Kathy Pearce at firstname.lastname@example.org or 480-330-1632 for a list of needs. AZ Heroes to Hometowns charity link: http://smile.amazon.com/ch/80-0658257 Drop of locations for donations are:
ü AZ Heroes to Hometowns - 40 W. Brown Rd. Ste. 105, Mesa AZ 85201 (by appointment call 480.330.1632)
ü Office of the Arizona State Treasurer: 1700 W. Washington St., Phoenix AZ 85007
ü Frashers Smokehouse - 3222 E. Indian School Rd, Phoenix AZ 85018 (11am to 8pm)
ü Pinal County Supervisor - 33622 N. Mountain Vista Blvd., San Tan Valley, AZ (by appointment 520.866.6211)
ü Stella Cook - 10600 W. Griswold Rd., Peoria AZ 85345.
· The Arizona Project’s Annual Christmas/Hanukkah Party will start at 6 pm., Mon., Dec 7 at 3375 E Shea Blvd, Phoenix, AZ 85028. The pot luck party will include a visit from Santa at 6:30pm - bring the kids and grand kids. Contact Beth Jamison for what side dish to bring 602-882-6601. Contact: Chr Ron Ludders at 602-677-1496
· Call The White House 202-456-1111 Comments. Switchboard: 202-456-1414. Contact Senate https://www.senate.gov/ or Representatives http://www.house.gov/ Let them know how you feel. Hold their feet to the fire. They wanted these positions so badly, hold them accountable. Arizona delegation phone numbers:
- Senator John McCain (R- AZ) 202-224-2235 202-228-2862
- Senator Jeff Flake (R- AZ) 202-224-4521 202-228-0515
- Rep Ann Kirkpatrick (D1) 202-225-3361 202-225-3462
- Rep Martha McSally (R2) 202-225-2542 520-881-3588
- Rep Raul M. Grijalva (D3) 202-225-2435 202-225-1541
- Rep Paul A. Gosar (R4) 202-225-2315 202-226-9739
- Rep Matt Salmon (R5) 202-225-2635 202-226-4386
- Rep David Schweikert (R6) 202-225-2190 202-225-0096
- Rep Reuben Gallego (D7) 202-225-4065 202-225-1655
- Rep Trent Franks (R8) 202-225-4576 202-225-6328
- Rep Kyrsten Sinema (D9) 202-225-9888 202-225-9731
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
· The Annual Prescott Festival of Lights Parade : 4:45 pm, Fri., Dec 4 at the Prescott Valley Civic Center, 7501 E. Civic Circle.
· Arizona’s Firearms expert Alan Korwin: Dec 4-6 Crossroads of the West Gun Show at the fairgrounds, 19th Ave/McDowell Road, Phx. Tickets at crossroadsgunshows.com/ Korwin will also be appearing at the all-day Sat., Dec 5 Compact for America / Navy SEAL Foundation Machine-Gun Shoot and Race-Car Drive in support of constitutional government! Contact: http://bit.ly/ARepublicWeWillKeep.
· The Lincoln Republican Women will Celebrate the Life of Judy Eisenhower at a fundraiser dinner meeting at 6 pm., Fri., Dec 4 at the Laguna San Juan Clubhouse, 5355 79th Way, Scottsdale, AZ 85250 (Jackrabbit and Hayden). Meet and greet – 5:30 pm., meeting – 6 pm, 6:15 –buffet, 6:30 celebration, 7:15 silent auction. People will be speaking about Eisenhower throughout this event. A percentage of the proceeds will go the Veterans of the Viet Nam War. $35 per person. BYOB Reservations required. Deadline: Tues, Dec 1. Send check made out to “LRWC” to Pat Kaufman, 7436 E. Tuckey Lane, Scottsdale, AZ 85250, or bring cash. Contact Kaufman at email@example.com 480-368-2777 or 602-214-2114.
· AZ East Valley Pro-Life Alliance’s Barleens Annual Christmas Dinner & Show: 7:30 pm., Fri., Dec 4 in Apache Junction. Seating starts at 5:30 pm. $36 per person – dinner/show. Cash Bar ( wine and beer). RSVP deadline: October 30. Phone 480-216-7217.
· Sun City West Republican Club: 8:30 am, Dec 5 in the Sun City West Foundations Building (Quail Room) 14465 R H Johnson Blvd., Sun City West Arizona. Update by Board of Supervisors Clint Hickman. Hickman will also induct the newly elected 2016 officers. The doors open at 8am with coffee and donuts being served. $2 admission to help pay for the cost of the room. Information: call 602-421-8877.
· A Book Signing Is Scheduled For “The Life And Death Of Former Cochise County Sheriff Larry Dever – Accident Or Murder”, the recently released “tell-all” on the life of well-liked Cochise County Sheriff Larry Dever will held between 1-4 pm., Dec 5 at St. David High School Auditorium, 70 E Patton St., St., David on a newly released book by co-authors William Daniel and Larry Dempster. Another book signing is scheduled between 8-11 am., Dec 12 at Cochise College SierraVista Campus Student Union Building and between 1-3 pm, Dec 12 at “Christmas on Main” The Cowboy Way in Benson. The Hastings Bookstore in Sierra Vista will also conduct a book signing between 13 pm, Dec 19. Contact: 529-586-7700.
· The Pima County Republican Women Silver Tea will meet Sat., Dec 5 at the La Paloma Country Club. 3660 E Sunrise Dr, Tucson, AZ 85718.
· Compact For America Is Planning BBQ in Willcox, AZ on Dec 5, following the conclusion of the ALEC States and Nation Summit in Scottsdale. Speakers: Grover Norquist and Larry Reed who will address the national debt and protecting the Republic. RSVP to Click here to RSVP or to learn more: compactforamerica.org/#!a-republic-we-will-keep/c213c Contact: Nick Dranias, Exec Dir at Nick.Dranias@CompactforAmerica.org 602-228-2582 or seewww.CompactforAmerica.org
· A Republic We Will Keep : 10 am – 5:30 pm, Sat., Dec 5 at the Inde Motorsports Ranch, 9301 W Airport Road, Willcox, AZ 85643. BBQ, private motor speedway, shoot machine guns with a certified, insured range master, and tour a private collection of Cold War fighter jets. RSVP: http://www.compactforamerica.org/ - !a-republic-we-will-keep/c213c Info on Inde Motorsports Ranch go to: http://indemotorsports.com Contact Deborah Molique (480) 986-5678 firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Arizona Convention of States Project is hosting Michael Farris and Rep Bob Thorpe as speakers at the 2-5:30 pm, Dec 5, Liberty Fest at the Four Points by Sheraton Hotel, 6850 E. Williams Field Rd, Mesa, AZ 85212. Family fun, live music with Chad Freeman and the Redline band, guest performance by Michael Land, vendors, food, drink, bounce house, and a Constitutional atmosphere. “Who Decides?” is the question concerned Arizonians are asking and the AZ COS has the answer. Contact: AZ COS State Director Mike Kapic 775-846-4948 http://amac.us/ conventionofstates.com azconventionofstates.com
· The Tempe Republican Women Christmas Party is at 6:30 pm., Dec 7 at 1550 E Greentree Drive, Tempe. Free for members, $15 for guests and associates(covers the cost of the food) Members RSVP here Guests and Associates RSVP and Pay here Bring a wrapped gift (up to $10 in value) for exchange in the "dirty Santa" game. Contact: President Jessica Merrow email@example.com
· The Grande Valley Republican Women’s are to meet at 5:30 pm., Mon., Dec 7 (check in at 5 pm) at 408 N Sacaton St, Suite 11, just off Florence Blvd and just outside old town Casa Grande. There is parking available to the north and to the south of the building. Dinner $10. RSVP required to Sandy Knapp at412-973-3853 or firstname.lastname@example.org or by Wed., Dec 2. Attendees are asked to bring four items to be sent to our troops or donations for postage.
· Alex Meluskey, Candidate for U.S. Senate - (R-AZ), will speak to LD1 precinct committeemen at 7 pm., Mon., Dec 7 at 34835 N 7th St, Phoenix, AZ 85086. Contact: Comm Dir Joel Andres Frewa www.Meluskey.com (954) 907-3292.
· Arizona Project Christmas Party/Potluck: 6 pm., Dec 7 at 3375 E Shea Blvd., Phoenix, AZ 85028. Santa expected at 6:30 pm. Contact: Ronald Ludders, Chairman 602.677.1496
· The Sun Lakes Republicans Christmas Dinner: 6:30 pm., Dec 8 in the Arizona Room of the Sun Lakes Country Club, 25601 S Sun Lakes Blvd., Sun Lakes. Chicken dinner provided by club. Bring a salad or side dinner if your last name begins A-M. Bring a desert if between N-Z. Cash bar available. Speaker: AZ Senate candidate Kelli Ward. A toast of gratitude will be given to Sen Steve Yarbrough and Rep JD Mesnard and Jeff Weninger. RSVP to Mike Tennant at 480-802-0178 for preparations purposes. Contact: Tennant or www.slgop.org
· Pima County Republican Club: 11:30 am., Tues., Dec 8 at 450 S Tucson Blvd. Tucson, Arizona 85716.
· The Huachuca Republican Women: 10:30 am., Tues., Dec 8 at the Pueblo Del Sol Country Club. 2770 St. Andrews Dr, Sierra Vista, AZ 85650.
· LD13 will meet at 7pm., Tues, Dec 8 at the Tuscany Falls Clubhouse Chianti Room, 16262 Clubhouse Drive, Goodyear Arizona with speaker Clint Hickman, District 4 Maricopa Board of Supervisors. Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio is scheduled for the Jan 12 meeting. Contact: Chairman Wally Campbell email@example.com
· The Northwest Valley Tea Party will meet at 6 pm., Dec 8 with LD21 Sen Debbie Lesko at 10050 W. Bell Road Ste. 50. Informative video to be shown at 5 pm. Contact 602-339-2802.
- Accusation of Racism by an Obama style liberal 9th Circuit Court Judge
REPUBLICAN PARTY OF MARICOPA COUNTY MaricopaCountyGOP.com
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no Border News Watch
SECOND AMENDMENT, FIREARMS
SAN BERNADINO MASSACRE
WAR ON LAW ENFORCEMENT
BILL AND HILLARY
DEMS AND LIBS