- ► March (23)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ▼ December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
Saturday – Dec 5, 2015
· NYT Is Now OPENLY Advocating Gun Confiscation On Their FRONT PAGE The NY Times ran their first front page editorial since 1920 — and it was monumental for sure. The editorial was a flat out call for gun confiscation.
· President Obama Will Deliver An Oval Office Address at 8 pm (ET), Sun., Dec 6 about terror threats in the wake of the San Bernardino shootings. The White House says the President will provide an update on the attack, which is being investigated as an act of terrorism. "The President will also discuss the broader threat of terrorism, including the nature of the threat, how it has evolved, and how we will defeat it," White House press secretary Josh Earnest said in a statement. CNN.com
· Congressman Dares AG Loretta Lynch To Prosecute Him For Expressing His Opinion Check out what Joe Walsh has to say to Loretta Lynch after she promised to prosecute anyone with ‘anti-muslim rhetoric’. “The day after Muslim terrorists killed 14 Americans, Lynch vowed to prosecute anyone who uses “anti-Muslim rhetoric” that “edges toward violence.” What the hell does that mean? I have a 1st Amendment right, Ms Lynch, to say whatever I want about Muslims. You want to try and prosecute me for what I say? I dare you. Here goes: …”
· Reminder from the Arizona Citizen Defense League: Following the recent terrorist attack in San Bernardino our President has called for disarming more citizens. In contrast, Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio has called for Arizona’s almost 250,000 CCW permit holders to help stop terrorism and mass shootings. CCW permit holders are only the tip of the iceberg of armed citizens in Arizona. Thanks to AzCDL there is no requirement to beg government officials for permission to exercise your right to bear arms in Arizona – permits are optional. All of us responsibly exercising out rights can be a very large deterrent.
When seconds count the police are just minutes away. Law enforcement may be “first responders,” but the intended victim is always the “immediate responder.” Unlike states like California where politicians are always working on behalf of criminals to keep citizens disarmed, here in Arizona you have the right to carry the means to defend yourself and your loved ones. If you own a firearm we encourage you to become competent in its use, constantly train, stay alert, and be prepared. Maintain situational awareness, carry whenever possible and stay away from make believe “gun free” zones.
Keep in mind that in this state where almost every adult has a choice to carry the means to defend themselves, the decision to remain defenseless is a willingness to accept whatever may occur. These are people who should be avoided. It is not your duty to protect them. Keep your focus on your safety and those close to you.
We must also remain ever vigilant to protect our right to keep and bear arms from political attack so we don’t wind up like California. Support candidates who support your rights. Our “freedom to carry” in Arizona is not unlimited and is constantly under attack. Arizona’s Republican led Legislature has created laws restricting firearms ownership and where they can be carried. Government buildings and college campuses are bogus “gun free” zones. Businesses can require their customers to disarm. Help AzCDL restore our freedoms. membership. Subscribe to alerts. Legislative Action Center.
· Maricopa County Grassroots PCs wishing to help co-sponsor the “Anyone But John McCain” resolution that has been submitted to the MCRC Resolutions Committee for consideration during the Jan 16, 2016 Maricopa County Republican Mandatory meeting -- should email email@example.com ASAP with their name, precinct, and email address, to receive a copy of the proposed MCRC resolution for review before making a commitment. As of this evening, well over 100 MCRC PCs have signed up to co-sponsor the resolution. More PCs are stepping forward as they become aware of it. See full story 11-30-15-briefs
· LD 15 (North Phoenix Republicans) will meet for a Christmas Party Potluck with Arizona Project members at 6 pm., Dec 7, 3375 E Shea Blvd, Phx. Contact: LD 15 Chr Dave Henderson firstname.lastname@example.org or AP Chr Ronald Ludders, 602.677.1496
· Sheron Jones, Chapter President Of The Gold Star Mothers in Tucson is asking for donations to place wreaths on the graves of all veterans on at 10 am, Dec 12 at the Evergreen Cemetery on Oracle Road, 3015 N. Oracle Rd. Wreaths are $15 each. Sen Kelli Ward will be the Ceremony speaker . Contact: email@example.com or 520-390-1704.
· Greater Phoenix Tea Party Patriots throughout Maricopa and North Pinal County are urged to attend the City of Phoenix “Subcommittee Hearing on Legitimizing Illegal Aliens” scheduled between 9-11am, Wed, Dec 9 at Phoenix City Hall. See municipal ID for illegals gathering steam in Phx Details and RSVP phoenixteaparty.ning.com/events/event/
· The Yuma Territorial Gun Show is scheduled from 9 am-5 pm., Sat and Sun, Dec 19 and 20 at the Yuma Civic Center.
· The Colorado River Tea Party Christmas Party Potluck is scheduled at 6 pm., Thurs., Dec 17 at the Community Christian Church, 6480 E. Hwy 95 (last bldg behind church) in Yuma, AZ. The group meets the first and third Thursdays of the month. Contact : wwwthe.coloradoriverteaparty.org
· Forests-Ready-For Christmas-Tree-Cutting-Season Permits no longer available at chain of sporting goods stores; must be purchased at forest service ranger stations.
· AZ Heroes to Hometowns is honoring wounded heroes via a “Salute A Soldier 5K Run or 1 Mile Walk” scheduled to start at 8:30 am., Sat., March 12. Packet pick up at 7:30 am. at Freestone Park, 1045 E Juniper Rd, Gilbert, AZ (At the corner of Lindsay and Juniper Roads between Guadalupe and Elliot Roads). Entry fees: $40 for 5K RUN; $30 Military rate for 5K or $25 for 1 MILE WALK. Register at http://www.active.com/gilbert-az/running/salute-a-soldier-5k-run-1-mile-walk-2016 by Dec 31st and save 50% on the 5K by using code SAS20 OR Military Members/Veterans use code MIL10 for $10 off your registration or visit our website www.AZHeroestoHometowns.org Contact: Kathy Pearce 480-330-1632 or firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: AZ Heroes to Hometowns P. O. BOX 31646, Mesa, AZ. 85275
· Congressman Raúl M. Grijalva (D) led fellow Arizona Democrats Reps. Ruben Gallego (D) and Ann Kirkpatrick (D) in urging Health and Human Services Secretary Sylvia Matthews Burwell to reject proposed changes to the state’s Medicaid program included in its 1115 Medicaid renewal waiver. The lawmakers’ statement was submitted as part of the public comment period for the proposed changes, which remains open to all Arizonans to voice their concerns until Dec 6. az-congressional-democrats-denounce-states-proposed-medicaid-changes
· Congressman Paul A. Gosar after spearheading a bipartisan letter signed by 43 members of Congress seeking to ensure adequate resources for the State Criminal Alien Assistance Program (SCAAP) in the fiscal year 2016 funding bill (Omnibus): “Law enforcement in America continues to struggle with the tidal wave of illegal immigrants that continue to flood our nation. Yet, the Obama Administration has ignored the federal government’s responsibility to enforce our immigration laws, further burdening local communities and sheriffs while forcing them to shell out exorbitant amounts of money to do the federal government’s job. It is shameful that the federal government would compound these challenges by failing to compensate states and local governments for the costs of incarcerating illegal immigrants convicted of crimes. The Obama Administration needs to either start enforcing the rule of law, including our immigration laws, or reimburse local law enforcement picking up the slack.” Full text of Bipartisan Omnibus letter HERE.
· Obama Looks To Use Executive Power To Close Run Loophole AZ Sen John McCain votes with Dems on background checks.
· Reservations Deadline Is Dec 7 For The Arrowhead Republican Women Holiday Luncheon/Bling Bingo scheduled at 11:30 am, Sat., Dec12 at Briarwood Country Club, 20800 N. 135th Ave., Sun City West Check-in at 10:45am. Reservation required through email@example.com or http://arrowheadr/luncheons. $25 payable by cash or check at the door, includes a bingo card . ARW is open to registered Republican women - Republican men may join as associate members.
· California-Petition-To-Put-Bathroom-Privacy-On-Ballot Pastor confronted by young girl: 'Why is there a man in my restroom?'' --- It’s being supported by a coalition of parents, student, nonprofit and faith groups who are operating under the Privacy For All banner.The proposal, which needs about 360,000 signatures by the middle of December to be placed on the 2016 ballot, isn’t complicated. It states, “Notwithstanding any other provision of law, a person shall use facilities in accordance with their biological sex in all government buildings.”
· PCs from LDs 16, 17, 18, 25 and 26 are invited to hear US senate candidate Clair Van Steenwyk address the East Valley Tea Party / Freedom Fire at 6:30 pm., Wed., Dec 9 at the Burke Basic School, 131 E. Southern Ave., in Mesa. Contact: Ron Gosselin 602-740-4165 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· ATTN Republicans: Go to the Arizona Secretary of State Website www.azsos.gov/equal to sign candidate petitions for the 2016 ballots and contribute $5 to clean elections candidates. Candidates can get one-half of their signatures and $5 contributions via the website. This saves candidates a lot of time and shoe leather.
· Secretary of State Michele Reagan has announced that filing paperwork for candidates who have filed for the Presidential Preference Election, scheduled for March 22, 2016, is available online, and will be updated regularly as candidates file: azsos.gov/elections/voting-election/
Candidates for the PPE have until December 14 to file. In order to file as a presidential candidate, the candidate must have 500 valid signatures from qualified electors or qualified for the ballot in two other states with primary elections. Contact: Kim Crawford, Communications Manager 602-542-2228 email@example.com
· If You Don't See Merry Christmas In The Window... Just Walk Right By That Door Cute repeat of a Christmas song.
· Heros to Hometowns “Pajama and Toy Drive” for wounded veterans and their families is underway. Contact CEO Kathy Pearce at firstname.lastname@example.org or 480-330-1632 for a list of needs. AZ Heroes to Hometowns charity link: http://smile.amazon.com/ch/80-0658257 Drop of locations for donations are:
ü AZ Heroes to Hometowns - 40 W. Brown Rd. Ste. 105, Mesa AZ 85201 (by appointment call 480.330.1632)
ü Office of the Arizona State Treasurer: 1700 W. Washington St., Phoenix AZ 85007
ü Frashers Smokehouse - 3222 E. Indian School Rd, Phoenix AZ 85018 (11am to 8pm)
ü Pinal County Supervisor - 33622 N. Mountain Vista Blvd., San Tan Valley, AZ (by appointment 520.866.6211)
ü Stella Cook - 10600 W. Griswold Rd., Peoria AZ 85345.
· “How To Bag A Rino” Free Training Sessions/book signing will be conducted via a tour throughout Dec. 8-16 featuring authors Gray Delaney and Zach Werell – the whiz kids who brought down Majority Leader Eric Cantor. Arizona training sessions are targeted to “help end the reign of (Sen) John McCain.” Limited space. Reserve tickets early. The architects of that remarkable, against-all-odds victory detail how it was achieved, and why it is a model for similar insurgent GOP campaigns across America, especially Arizona, as grassroots Republicans fight to take back their party, and the country. Contacts to reserve autographed books are Judy Hoelscher email@example.com (Phoenix area) or Karen Schutte firstname.lastname@example.org (Tucson/North AZ) Event Dates and Registration:
ü Tues., Dec 8: 5-9 pm, Scottsdale Plaza Resort - 7200 North Scottsdale Road Scottsdale, AZ 85253. Ticket registration: how-to-bag-a-rino-tickets
ü Wed., Dec 9: 6:30 - 8:30 pm, U-Like Buffet - 5101 N Oracle Rd Tucson, AZ. Ticket registration: how-to-bag-a-rino-dec-9-tucson-tickets
ü Thurs, Dec 10: 6-8 pm, Mohave Valley Association of Realtors - 841 Hancock Rd. Bullhead City, AZ 86442. Tickets reservations how-to-bag-a-rino-book-tour-dec-10-bullhead-city
ü Fri, Dec 11: 1-3 pm. Green Valley Library, 601 N La Canada Dr., Green Valley, AZ 85614. Ticket reservations: how-to-bag-a-rino-dec-11-green-valley
ü Mon, Dec 14: 6:30 - 8:30 pm. Arizona Project Headquarters - 3375 E. Shea Blvd. #2. Phoenix, AZ 85028. Ticket reservations: how-to-bag-rino-tickets
ü Tues, Dec 15; 11:30 am - 1:30 pm, Sabbar Temple Shrine 450 S Tucson Blvd Tucson, Arizona 85716. Ticket reservations: how-to-bag-a-rino-dec-15
ü Wed, Dec 16: 4-6 pm, Kadar Residence, Village of Oak Creek Sedona, Arizona 86351. Ticket reservations how-to-bag-a-rino-book-tour-dec-16
· Call The White House 202-456-1111 Comments. Switchboard: 202-456-1414. Contact Senate https://www.senate.gov/ or Representatives http://www.house.gov/ Let them know how you feel. Hold their feet to the fire. They wanted these positions so badly, hold them accountable. Arizona delegation phone numbers:
- Senator John McCain (R- AZ) 202-224-2235 202-228-2862
- Senator Jeff Flake (R- AZ) 202-224-4521 202-228-0515
- Rep Ann Kirkpatrick (D1) 202-225-3361 202-225-3462
- Rep Martha McSally (R2) 202-225-2542 520-881-3588
- Rep Raul M. Grijalva (D3) 202-225-2435 202-225-1541
- Rep Paul A. Gosar (R4) 202-225-2315 202-226-9739
- Rep Matt Salmon (R5) 202-225-2635 202-226-4386
- Rep David Schweikert (R6) 202-225-2190 202-225-0096
- Rep Reuben Gallego (D7) 202-225-4065 202-225-1655
- Rep Trent Franks (R8) 202-225-4576 202-225-6328
- Rep Kyrsten Sinema (D9) 202-225-9888 202-225-9731
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
· The Tempe Republican Women Christmas Party is at 6:30 pm., Dec 7 at 1550 E Greentree Drive, Tempe. Free for members, $15 for guests and associates(covers the cost of the food) Members RSVP here Guests and Associates RSVP and Pay here Bring a wrapped gift (up to $10 in value) for exchange in the "dirty Santa" game. Contact: President Jessica Merrow email@example.com
· The Grande Valley Republican Women are to meet at 5:30 pm., Mon., Dec 7 (check in at 5 pm) at 408 N Sacaton St, Suite 11, just off Florence Blvd and just outside old town Casa Grande. There is parking available to the north and to the south of the building. Dinner $10. RSVP required to Sandy Knapp at412-973-3853 or firstname.lastname@example.org or by Wed., Dec 2. Attendees are asked to bring four items to be sent to our troops or donations for postage
· LD1 will hear US senate candidate Alex Meluskey at 7 pm., Mon., Dec 7 at 34835 N 7th St, Phoenix, AZ 85086. Contact: Comm Dir Joel Andres Frewa www.Meluskey.com (954) 907-3292.
· US Senate Candidate Clair Van Steenwyk will be speaking at the 7 pm., Mon, Dec 7 LD1 meeting at 34835 N 7th St, Phoenix, AZ 85086. Contact: Scheduler Ron Gosselin email@example.com or 602-740-4165
· The Arizona Project’s Annual Christmas/Hanukkah Party will start at 6 pm., Mon., Dec 7 at 3375 E Shea Blvd, Phoenix, AZ 85028. The pot luck party will include a visit from Santa at 6:30pm - bring the kids and grand kids. Contact Beth Jamison for what side dish to bring 602-882-6601. Contact: Chr Ron Ludders at 602-677-1496.
· The Sun Lakes Republicans Christmas Dinner: 6:30 pm., Dec 8 in the Arizona Room of the Sun Lakes Country Club, 25601 S Sun Lakes Blvd., Sun Lakes. Chicken dinner provided by club. Bring a salad or side dinner if your last name begins A-M. Bring a desert if between N-Z. Cash bar available. Speaker: AZ Senate candidate Kelli Ward. A toast of gratitude will be given to Sen Steve Yarbrough and Rep JD Mesnard and Jeff Weninger. RSVP to Mike Tennant at 480-802-0178 for preparations purposes. Contact: Tennant or www.slgop.org
· Pima County Republican Club: 11:30 am., Tues., Dec 8 at 450 S Tucson Blvd. Tucson, Arizona 85716. Speaker: Jeff Utsch – Freedom Exp.
· The Huachuca Republican Women: 10:30 am., Tues., Dec 8 at the Pueblo Del Sol Country Club. 2770 St. Andrews Dr, Sierra Vista, AZ 85650.
· LD13 will meet at 7pm., Tues, Dec 8 at the Tuscany Falls Clubhouse Chianti Room, 16262 Clubhouse Drive, Goodyear Arizona with speaker Clint Hickman, District 4 Maricopa Board of Supervisors. Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio is scheduled for the Jan 12 meeting. Contact: Chairman Wally Campbell firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Northwest Valley Tea Party will meet at 6 pm., Dec 8 with LD21 Sen Debbie Lesko at 10050 W. Bell Road Ste. 50. Informative video to be shown at 5 pm. Contact 602-339-2802.
· The Oro Valley Republican Women: 11:30 am., Fri., Dec 11 in the Oro Valley Library. 1305 W Naranja Dr, Oro Valley AZ 85737.
· The Sabino High School Young Republican Club: Fri., Dec 11 at 5000 N Bowes Rd, Tucson, AZ 85749
· The Pima County Republican Club Christmas Party. Details tba
· The Fountain Hill Repubican Christmas Potluck Breakfast: Sat., Dec 12 (second Saturday v normal 3rd Saturday) with radio personality Mike Broomhead. Bringing a dish is optional. Toys for Tots collection will be available for those wishing to contribute. Contact: Secretary Boe James 480 588-7612 email@example.com
· Arrowhead Republican Women Holiday Luncheon/Bling Bingo: 11:30 am, Sat., Dec12 at Briarwood Country Club, 20800 N. 135th Ave., Sun City West Check-in - 10:45am. Reservation required through firstname.lastname@example.org or http://arrowheadr/luncheons. $25 payable by cash or check at the door, includes a bingo card . ARW is open to registered Republican women - Republican men may join as associate members.
· Mitt Romney will be the featured guest at the Sen John McCain Rally scheduled in Mesa on Dec 12. Romney was the GOP Presidential nominee in the 2012 race against Obama. Doors open at 1:20 pm., Location and details tba next week. Tickets at rally-tickets
· The Paradise Republican Women’s Luncheon is scheduled at noon, Sat., Dec 12 at Gainey Ranch Golf Club, 7600 E Gainey Club Drive, Scottsdale, AZ. 10:30 am social. Speaker: President Elect- Arizona Federation of Republican Women Loraine Pelligrino who will outline her term plans and wear in the 2016 officers. $40 per person. RSVP/reservations prwcdecember.eventbrite.com or mail payment to:Paradise Republican Women, PO Box 14425, Scottsdale AZ 85267. Contact: Lori Urban 480-221-9633 email@example.com
· LD11 will hear House Speaker and US Senate candidate David Gowan at 10 am., Sat., Dec 12 in the Oro Valley Hospital Rm#1, 1551 E Tangerine Road, Oro Valley, AZ 85755.
· LD9 meets at 9:30 am., Sat., Dec 12 at the La Palmona Urgent Care Center, 4001 E Sunrise Dr., Tucson
· A book signing is scheduled for “The Life And Death Of Former Cochise County Sheriff Larry Dever – Accident Or Murder”, the recently released “tell-all” on the life of well-liked Cochise County Sheriff Larry Dever. co-authors William Daniel and Larry Dempster, A book signing is scheduled between 8-11 am., Dec 12 at Cochise College SierraVista Campus Student Union Building and between 1-3 pm, Dec 12 at “Christmas on Main” The Cowboy Way in Benson. The Hastings Bookstore in Sierra Vista will also conduct a book signing between 13 pm, Dec 19. The book is a “…record of the events that shaped Sheriff Dever’s extraordinary life… and pushed him into the national stage.” Contact: 529-586-7700.
· Yavapai Chapter of the Arizona Republican Assembly: 11 am, Dec 12 at Augies' Restaurant, 1721 E State Hwy 69, Prescott, AZ 86301. Speaker: US Senate candidate Clair Van Steenwyk.
· After CA Jihad Attack: It’s Time To Rethink K-1 Visas Undemanding Conduit For Tech Savvy Terrorists
- Accusation of Racism By An Obama Style Liberal 9th Circuit Court Judge
REPUBLICAN PARTY OF MARICOPA COUNTY MaricopaCountyGOP.com
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no Border News Watch
SECOND AMENDMENT, FIREARMS
SAN BERNARDINO MASSACRE
FIRST AMENDMENT – FREEDOM OF SPEECH
WAR ON LAW ENFORCEMENT
JUDGE JEANINE PIRRO
DEMS AND LIBS
DEPT OF HOMELAND SECURITY