- ► February (19)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ▼ December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Web Master John Strasser
Tuesday – Dec 8, 2015
· The US House of Rep Overwhelmingly Passed Legislation (407 to 19) on Tuesday, Dec 8 that would overhaul the federal visa waiver program and bar those from Iraq, Syria, Iran and the Sudan, or those who have visited those countries in the last five years, from traveling to the United States without a visa.
· Greater Phoenix Tea Party Patriots throughout Maricopa and North Pinal County are urged to attend the City of Phoenix “Subcommittee Hearing on Legitimizing Illegal Aliens” scheduled between 9-11am, Wed, Dec 9 at Phoenix City Hall. See municipal ID for illegals gathering steam in Phx Details and RSVP phoenixteaparty.ning.com/events/event/
· Trump Wants 'Total Shutdown Of Mulims Entering Us' "Until we are able to determine and understand this problem and the dangerous threat it poses, our country cannot be the victims of horrendous attacks by people that believe only in Jihad, and have no sense of reason or respect for human life," Trump's statement said.
· Congressman Paul A. Gosar will host a press conference at 1 pm., Wed., Dec 9, in Washington, DC, to promote his bipartisan legislation introduced last Friday to end foreign donations influencing U.S. elections. H.R. 4177 garnered 23 cosponsors and is a response to reports that nearly half of Congress is vulnerable to fraudulent and foreign donations. Additionally, the Government Accountability Institute reported that the 2008 and 2012 Obama campaigns received questionable contributions of potentially more than $500 million as a result of poor disclosure requirements. The bipartisan Stop Foreign Donations Affecting Our Elections Act would prohibit foreign nationals from cheating the system and would amend the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971 to require the disclosure of the credit verification value (CVV) and billing address for all online contributions.
· If You Missed the ‘Arizona Wildlife Views’ episodes with host Jim Paxon you can catch the reruns starting at 4:30 pm., Sundays, Dec 13 on KAET-TV (PBS Channel 8). It takes you into the wild to discover the many outdoor activities that Arizona has to offer. The Dec. 13 episode ‘Bringing Back the Bighorn’ shows how bighorn sheep are being reintroduced into the Catalina Mountains near Tucson. AWW received eight regional Emmy Awards in four categories with 40 new stories this past year. See full episodes atwww.azgfd.gov/video. Arizona Wildlife Views is produced by the Information Branch of the Arizona Game and Fish Department. The show also airs on more than 30 city cable and local channels across the state. Check local listings for dates and times.
· MCRC Member At Large Candidate Gene Dufoe: I am running for this position because I believe that we need dedicated volunteers who will work hard to elect Republicans. I was elected Precinct Committeeman in 2010 and am now Third Vice Chair for LD25. I am a lifelong Republican who worked for Barry Goldwater for President in 1964, have gathered signatures for Republicans since 2008, and helped design the Republicans of Mesa flyer for the 2016 election. I’ve been a volunteer for the Mesa Public Schools (MPS) 5th Grade Flight Center demonstrating how a helicopter flies for the past 15 years, served on the 2012 MPS Facilities Planning Committee, served on the 2015 MPS Assessment Task Force and was awarded the MPS Volunteer of the Month in April 2010. I have served as a member of the Boeing Retirement Advisory Board (RAB) seven years and as Chair since 2011. I have been Scholarship Chair for the American Society for Quality for 10 years awarding scholarships to ASU Graduate and undergraduate Engineering Students.
I have been retired from Boeing Helicopter since November 1996 where I was Research Engineer Future Systems in Advanced Systems and Technology MDAC-W, Foreman/General Foreman - Inspection for Thor/Delta/Spartan MDAC-W, sole Quality rep for first N-Rocket (Japan), served as Principal/Senior/Staff Specialist to Corporate Staff VP-Quality Assurance for McDonnell Douglas Corporation, serving as the McDonnell Douglas rep to the Aerospace Industries Association Software Quality Subcommittee, Manager-Inspection Cruise Missile/Harpoon/Shuttle Aft Module (MDAC-E), Quality Program Manager-Harpoon (MDAC-E), Manager-Software Quality Engineering Department MDHC, Quality Manager - LHX MDHC. I previously was a Research Engineer at Atomics International and Boeing Aerospace. I will have been married 56 years on Christmas Day and have two sons and one daughter.
· Anita Christy, Gilbert Watch: Please tweet or call Sen McCain and Sen Flake on Senate switchboard or their office to Stop ESSA bill. Final vote delayed until 12/9 at 9:45 CST. Cruz, Paul, Lee, Crapo, Moran, Sasse, Shelby, Risch, Blunt, Scott, Daines were the only ones to vote against cloture. Make it hurt if our U.S. Senators vote to harm our children and grandchildren by voting for ESSA!
Quote from article titled “Senate Poised To Pass NCLB Rewrite, Alexander and Murray Congratulate Each Other on ‘Bipartisanship’.” senate-poised-pass-nclb-rewrite-alexander-murray-congratulate-bipartisanship
· The Surprise Tea Party Patriots will meet at 6:30 pm., Tues., Dec 15 in the Grand Canyon Room at Sun City West Foundation Plaza, 14465 W R H Johnson Blvd. Sun City West, AZ 85375 to participate in a Presidential Election Poll and discuss issues of the day. The Jan 5 meeting is yet to be determined. Senate candidates will speak at the Jan 19 meeting. Former prosecutor Kris Anne Hall will be featured on Feb 16. Hall travels the country teaching the Constitution and the history of this nation’s founding documents. The Feb 2 speaker tba.
· The Fountain Hill Republican Club Christmas Party/breakfast/meeting program starts at 9 am., Sat., Dec 12 in the Fountain Hills Community Center, 1 3001 N La Montana Dr., Fountain Hills, AZ 85268 - featuring radio personality Mike Broomhead. Doors open at 8:30 am. The program is free with a Christmas pot-luck/covered dish breakfast. All attendees are invited (but not required) to bring a dish to share. Please contact the club's 3rd Vice President, Shari Morris, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 480 816-5619 Unwrapped gifts for Toys for Tots can be donated at the meeting. The Fountain Hills Toymakers, an organization devoted to making wooden toys for the underprivileged, will be selling their wooden toys to help finance material for their projects. Contact: email@example.com, http://www.FHRepublicanClub.org, or Secretary Boe James at 480 588-7612.
· A Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio Fundraiser is scheduled between 3-6 pm., Jan 30 in Scottsdale as yet tba location. Food, entertainment, and live/silent auction. Contact Liz Alcorn at firstname.lastname@example.org
· Did You Know? The Arizona Game and Fish Department is responsible for managing more than 800 native wildlife species – the most of any inland state – for current and future generations of Arizona citizens. https://azgfdportal.az.gov/Hunting/NAM
· Effective January 1, 2016 the following precinct will have new names, according to Deputy Director of Elections Linda Weedon at the Maricopa County Recorder’s office:
ü Precinct 0548 San Angelo becomes Towne Meadows. This precinct votes at “Towne Meadows” School
ü Precinct 0651 Towne Meadows becomes 0651 San Angelo and votes at the Superstition Springs School
ü Precinct 0633 Superstition becomes 0633 Sunland Village and votes at Sunland Village
ü Precinct 0681 Waddell becomes Mesquite reflecting the city district in Surprise.
ü Precinct 0138 Cortessa becomes Waddell reflecting it community.
· Grassroots PCs are stepping up to co-sponsor the “Anyone But John McCain” resolution that has been submitted to the MCRC Resolutions Committee for consideration for the Jan 16, 2016 MCRC Mandatory meeting. The Resolution Committee tweaked the resolution a tad (which the bylaws allows them to do) as they processed it for the Jan 16, 2016 agenda. Interested PCs can obtain a copy of the resolution by e-mailing email@example.com with their name, precinct, and email address. Well over 100 MCRC PCs have signed up to co-sponsor the resolution as they become aware of it. See full story 11-30-15-briefs Grassroots PCs.
· ATTN Republicans: Go to the Arizona Secretary of State Website www.azsos.gov/equal to sign candidate petitions for the 2016 ballots and contribute $5 to clean elections candidates. Candidates can get one-half of their signatures and $5 contributions via the website. This saves candidates a lot of time and shoe leather.
· Secretary of State Michele Reagan has announced that filing paperwork for candidates who have filed for the Presidential Preference Election, scheduled for March 22, 2016, is available online, and will be updated regularly as candidates file: azsos.gov/elections/voting-election/
Candidates for the PPE have until December 14 to file. In order to file as a presidential candidate, the candidate must have 500 valid signatures from qualified electors or qualified for the ballot in two other states with primary elections. Contact: Kim Crawford, Communications Manager 602-542-2228 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Daisy Mountain Tea Party Patriots annual food drive runs through Dec 15. See foothillsfoodbank.com/. Bring donated items to the first and third Tuesday meetings. Meetings are held at 3701 W. Anthem Way, Anthem, Contact: Chr Vera Anderson 602-821-4675 or email@example.com
· Commissioners Vote on Proposed Investment Legislation: At a Arizona Corporation Commission open staff meeting today, the Commission considered and voted on draft proposed legislation to be sponsored by Senator David Farnsworth that exempts from licensing investment advisers who advise private funds.
The Commission voted to support the draft proposed legislation provided, in the interest of investor protection, that the private funds advised by the investment adviser are subject to an annual audit. In voting to support the draft legislation the Commission requires that language in the proposed draft legislation creating an audit exception be removed.
“I want to thank the bright minds in our Securities Division and Senator Farnsworth,” said Commissioner Tom Forese. “We have a ways to go but Arizona is open for investment.”
The proposed legislation is in response to changes in federal law which in 2011 created narrow licensing exemptions at the federal level for advisers who advise private funds and venture capital funds. Without legislation Arizona law still requires that these investment advisers be licensed.
· The Colorado River Tea Party Patriots will meet at 6 pm., Thurs., Jan 7 to hear Yuma County Sheriff Leon Wilmo at the Community Christian Church, 6480 E. Hwy 95 (last bldg behind church) in Yuma, AZ. The group meets the first and third Thursdays of the month. Contact : wwwthe.coloradoriverteaparty.org
· US Senate candidate Kelli Ward of Lake Havasu, who has taken on 30 year Senator John McCain, will address the Colorado Tea Party Patriots at 6 pm., Thurs., Jan 21. Location tba.
· In case you are interested: Democratic Presidential Candidates Debates
ü Sat., Dec 19 in New Hampshire. Sponsors: ABC News, WMUR
ü Sun., Jan 17, 2016 in South Carolina. Sponsors: NBC and
Congressional Black Caucus Institute.
ü Thurs., Feb 11, 2016 in Wisconsin. Sponsors: PBS
ü Wed., March9, 2016 in Florida. Sponsors: Univision, The Washington Post.
· Forests-Ready-For Christmas-Tree-Cutting-Season Permits no longer available at chain of sporting goods stores; must be purchased at forest service ranger stations.
· Call The White House 202-456-1111 Comments. Switchboard: 202-456-1414. Contact Senate https://www.senate.gov/ or Representatives http://www.house.gov/ Let them know how you feel. Hold their feet to the fire. They wanted these positions so badly, hold them accountable. Arizona delegation phone numbers:
- Senator John McCain (R- AZ) 202-224-2235 202-228-2862
- Senator Jeff Flake (R- AZ) 202-224-4521 202-228-0515
- Rep Ann Kirkpatrick (D1) 202-225-3361 202-225-3462
- Rep Martha McSally (R2) 202-225-2542 520-881-3588
- Rep Raul M. Grijalva (D3) 202-225-2435 202-225-1541
- Rep Paul A. Gosar (R4) 202-225-2315 202-226-9739
- Rep Matt Salmon (R5) 202-225-2635 202-226-4386
- Rep David Schweikert (R6) 202-225-2190 202-225-0096
- Rep Reuben Gallego (D7) 202-225-4065 202-225-1655
- Rep Trent Franks (R8) 202-225-4576 202-225-6328
- Rep Kyrsten Sinema (D9) 202-225-9888 202-225-9731
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
· Freedom Fires is hosting US Senate candidate Clair Van Steenwyk at 6:30 pm., Wed., Dec 9 at the burke Basic School, 131 E Southern Ave., Mesa.
· The Oro Valley Republican Women will be installing new officers at 11:30 am., Fri., Dec 11 at the Oro Valley Country Club, 300 Greenock, Oro Valley. Contact Chr Bev Van Horn firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Sabino High School Young Republican Club: Fri. , Dec 11 at 5000 N Bowes Rd, Tucson, AZ 85749
· The Pima County Republican Club Christmas Party. Details tba
· The NW Chapter of the Arizona Republican Assembly (AzRA) will address educational policies for Arizona with Dr. Vicki Alger, an educational researcher, during its 9 AM, Dec 12 meeting scheduled at the NW Maricopa County Service Bldg, 12975 W Bell Road., Surprise, AZ. Guests are welcome. Alger’s research focuses on education reforms that promote a competitive education marketplace and increase parents’ control over their children’s education. Contact: Lyle Tuttle 623-451-6928, L.email@example.com
· The Fountain Hill Republican Christmas Potluck Breakfast: 9 am, Sat., Dec 12 (second Saturday v normal 3rd Saturday) with radio personality Mike Broomhead. Bringing a dish is optional. Toys for Tots collection will be available for those wishing to contribute. Contact: Secretary Boe James 480 588-7612 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Arrowhead Republican Women Holiday Luncheon/Bling Bingo: 11:30 am, Sat., Dec12 at Briarwood Country Club, 20800 N. 135th Ave., Sun City West Check-in - 10:45am. Reservation required through email@example.com or http://arrowheadr/luncheons. $25 payable by cash or check at the door, includes a bingo card . ARW is open to registered Republican women - Republican men may join as associate members.
· Mitt Romney will be featured at the Sen John McCain Rally scheduled in Mesa on Dec 12. Romney was the GOP Presidential nominee in the 2012 race against Obama. Doors open at 2:30 pm., Location and details tba next week. Tickets at rally-tickets
· The Paradise Republican Women’s Luncheon is scheduled at noon, Sat., Dec 12 at Gainey Ranch Golf Club, 7600 E Gainey Club Drive, Scottsdale, AZ. 10:30 am social. Speaker: President Elect- Arizona Federation of Republican Women Loraine Pelligrino who will outline her term plans and wear in the 2016 officers. $40 per person. RSVP/reservations prwcdecember.eventbrite.com or mail payment to:Paradise Republican Women, PO Box 14425, Scottsdale AZ 85267. Contact: Lori Urban 480-221-9633 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Sen Candidate Kelli Ward will be speaker at the 10 am, Dec 12 placement of wreaths on all veterans graves at Evergreen Cemetery, 3015 N Oracle Rd., Tucson, according to Sheron Jones, Chapter President Of The Gold Star Mothers in Tucson. Contact: email@example.com or 520-390-1704.
· LD11 will hear House Speaker and US Senate candidate David Gowan at 10 am., Sat., Dec 12 in the Oro Valley Hospital Rm#1, 1551 E Tangerine Road, Oro Valley, AZ 85755.
· LD9 meets at 9:30 am., Sat., Dec 12 at the La Palmona Urgent Care Center, 4001 E Sunrise Dr., Tucson
· Yavapai Chapter of the Arizona Republican Assembly: 11 am, Dec 12 at Augies' Restaurant, 1721 E State Hwy 69, Prescott, AZ 86301. Speaker: US Senate candidate Clair Van Steenwyk.
· A Free Christmas Concert is scheduled at 7 pm, Sun., Dec 13 at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints LDS Stake Center, 7073 Pronghorn Ranch Parkway in Prescott Valley.
· The Western Pinal County Chapter of The Arizona Republican Assembly (AzRA) will meet at 6:30 pm, Mon, Dec 14 (doors open at 6pm). This meeting will be held at a new location, 408 N. Sacaton St. Ste. II, Casa Grande, AZ (southeast corner of W Florence Blvd. and N Sacaton St.) Speaker: CD1 congressional candidate David Gowan. Contact: Jason Hayes - Secretary, Western Pinal County Chapter Arizona Republican Assembly 202-394-7202 firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
· Arizona Project: 6:30 pm., Mon, Dec 14: The Strategic Team that brought down Congressman Eric Cantor present “How to Bag a RINO”. Contact: Ronald Ludders, Chairman 602.677.1496
· “Have Coffee With The Congressman Paul Gosar” : Dec 14 in Lake Havasu City. Information: 480-882-2697 or www.GOSAR.house.gov Details tba
· The Pima County Republican Club meets at 11:30 am., Tues., Dec 15 at 450 S Tucson Blvd. Tucson, Arizona 85716.
· The Pima County GOP Presidential Debate Watching Party starts at 6:30 pm., Tues., Dec 15 at HorTods, 10500 E Old Vail Rd., Tucson, AZ 85747.
· The Surprise Tea Party Patriots will meet at 6:30 pm., Tues., Dec 15 to take a straw poll on presidential candidates and discuss current issues in the Grand Canyon Room at the Sun City West Foundation Plaza, 14465 W R H Johnson Blvd., Sun City West, AZ 85375. Contact: John Madeira firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Palo Verde Republican Women’s Annual Christmas Luncheon is scheduled at 11:30 pm., Dec.15 at the Grayhawk Golf Club, 8620 E Thompson Peak Parkway, Scottsdale. Speaker: Lin Sue Cooney, anchor of Channel 12 news for 30 years, and a contributor to “Raising Arizona Kids” magazine. She currently works as the Director of Community Engagement at Hospice of the Valley and has published a book, “Off Camera: A Collection of Essays About Children and Families.” Proceeds from her book signing go to Hospice of the Valley. Social 11:00, Program/Lunch 11:30, lunch is $26 cash or check, $27 by credit card. Contact Edith Stock for reservations, email@example.com or call 480-298-7818.
Please comply with the 300 word limit policy
· US Senate Candidate Clair Van Steenwyk: Mr. Trumps' recent statement as to suspending all Muslim Immigration into the U.S. is actually not a bad idea and perfectly legal according to the Law passed in 1952 and signed by then Pres. Truman. I realize for most Americans this almost seems like a violation of the US Constitution, however the Constitution like it or not doesn't apply to Citizens of other Nations as much as many in both the Liberal and so called Conservative Press such as Fox would like us to believe. We need to look back to when it was written to protect us at the beginning of the Cold War and yes also from some lingering members still at large from the Nazi Party as well. I hope this helps some understand just how poorly most in office and yes many running for POTUS don't even know what our laws are, and even a better reason for those in AZ and America at large to get informed, as most in office are snake oil salesman and for America it's time for leaders, not more off the same who just stick their fingers in the Politically Correct Wind to see how its' blowing and then attack others who are actually right on an issue even if not presented in the Politically Correct or in a Political Cowardly way to win votes on emotionally based decisions, we hope this is of some help to those looking for the Truth in this matter. For any interested take a look at these Issues with laws listed; radical-islam, immigration, we believe this will help clarify the position taken by Trump and others of us who believe it's time for Real Leadership.
Please comply with the 300 word limit policy
· Congressman Matt Salmon today after the passage of H.R.158, the Visa Waiver Program Improvement Act of 2015, which would restrict access to the Visa Waiver Program for individuals who have recently traveled to countries that sponsor terrorism or where terrorist groups are active. “The Visa Waiver Program is a powerful tool for citizens of our allies to quickly and easily gain short-term access to the United States. This valuable program encourages tourism, trade, and economic development by easing travel for citizens of countries that take their security as seriously as we do. Unfortunately, current law allows citizens of those nations who support terroristic organizations to enter the United States without so much as asking for permission. This must end.
“I was pleased that provisions from a bill that I introduced with Rep. Kyrsten Sinema, H.R. 4122, was included in the final bill. This bill would require travelers from Visa Waiver countries who have visited known terrorist regions or countries identified as state sponsors of terrorism in the last 5 years to go through the security process of getting a visa. I strongly urge the Senate to act on this bill before they adjourn, and I look forward to continuing to make the necessary changes in law to secure our country against the growing threats abroad.”
· Congressman Paul A. Gosar today after participating in multiple committee hearings including one in the House Committee on Natural Resources Subcommittee on Energy and Minerals Subcommittee and one in the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform Subcommittee on the Interior focusing on restrictive new regulations proposed by the Obama Administration that will harm domestic coal production: “The endless assault by the Obama Administration on domestic coal is unprecedented and puts the livelihoods of hundreds of thousands of Americans at risk. The president’s reckless obsession to enact his partisan environmental agenda clashes with scientific facts as well as the reality of the economic consequences his disastrous proposals are having on the country.
“The Office of Natural Resources Revenue’s (ONRR) proposed rule is a bureaucratic nightmare that will make it impossible to produce coal on federal lands, including tribal land. If implemented, this fundamentally flawed new regulation will kill jobs, result in an unconstitutional tax on coal exports and bankrupt even more American energy companies.
“The Department of the Interior’s new stream buffer zone rule is even more troubling and will negatively affect both surface and underground coal mines. This terrible new regulation is projected to sterilize between 27% and 64% of recoverable reserves. The associated decline in annual coal production will have a direct impact on employment and risks killing between 112,757 and 280,809 mining-related jobs.
“Congress must block the Obama Administration’s overreaching new regulations utilizing the power of the purse in the end of the funding bill. Arizonans simply can’t afford the president’s far-left agenda and we must put an end to this nonsensical war on coal.” Click HERE to watch Congressman Gosar’s questions during the oversight hearing held today by the Subcommittee on Energy and Mineral Resources titled “Ensuring Certainty for Royalty Payments on Federal Resource Production.”
· Jeb Bush’s Fat Cat Donor Defines RINO Establishment Money Doesn’t Buy You Brains
· Geert Wilders and The Islamization of Europe- America, the Last Hope