- ► February (21)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ▼ July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com Web Master John Strasser
GOP candidate Donald Trump says he ‘humbly and gratefully’ accepts the presidential nomination at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland, Ohio. fox-news-channel
More Convention headlines:
Arizona Delegation Tidbits:
· Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio was a surprise speaker late Wednesday afternoon in behalf of GOP Presidential candidate Donald Trump.
· Republican-National-Convention-Arizona-Director-Avinash-Iragavarapu …This man may be the most important Arizona Republican who can't vote but holds the highest paid position in the AZGOP. Why isn't an American citizen who is a registered Republican who can vote and has a lot more political experience in that position?
· Sandi Bartlett (Bartlett’s Bunker) “Awesome night (Wednesday). Starting with Laura Graham who rocked the house. Eric Trump was passionate and genuine . Then Mike Pence who amazing. One night left. Trump/Pence 2016!!!”
· Sandi Bartlett: Thursday evening: “What an awesome speech. Full of passion and strength . Let's make America great again. Trump/Pence 2016.”
· Pastor Mark Burns At The RNC: "All Lives Matter" The Evangelical minister tells Republican National Convention that Donald Trump will make sure all Americans have jobs.
· Arizona National Committeewoman Elect Lori Klein: “Great speech. Fantastic. History. In the making. God bless Trump and America.”
· Trumps AZ Field Director Thayer Verschoor: “Governor Mike Pence hits it out of the park tonight! Faith, Strength, Leadership, Solutions, the Economy!!!! Great Speech!!”
· AZFRW Chairman Loraine Pellegrino: “Feeling angry at RNC 2016 Cleveland. Ted's speech was petty, self-serving and disgraceful. He is a sad bitter man who lost the respect of many Americans tonight. PERIOD.”
· Kelli Ward: “You wouldn't know it from the media coverage, but the energy at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland is electric! Mike and I were there earlier in the week — and we met thousands of people who are as sick and tired as we are of the broken promises, the feckless leadership, and the DC Establishment that never puts America First. But we need to turn that energy into victory — primary day is fast approaching! Together, we are on our way to a David vs. Goliath victory for the grassroots — and together, we're going to make America great again!”
· Gabby Saucedo-Mercer: “What an experience!” -- as the balloons dropped from the ceiling at the convention center.
· Thayer Verschoor: “The Left Wing Media is pathetic. They should have to file reports with the Federal Election Commission for campaign contributions to the Clintons”.
· Several delegates were thrilled to have their photos taken with “Diamonds & Silk.”
· Thayer Verschoor: “A Trump Tidal Wave is Rolling!”
Important 2016 Election Dates And Deadlines
· Aug 1 – Voter registration deadline for Primary Election.
· Aug 3 – Early Ballot Voting begins for Primary Election
· Aug 30 – Primary Election
· Sept 29 – Last day to file as a write-in candidate for the General Election.
· Oct 10 – Voter registration deadline for General Election.
· Oct 12 – Early Ballot Voting begins for General Election.
· Nov 8 – General Election Day.
The Chips N Salsa Radio Show is the only local Phoenix area radio show with a conservative Latino perspective. Hosts Martin Gonzalez, George Ortiz and Alice Lara can be heard/watched at 8 pm., Fridays on KFNX www.1100KFNX.com and Saturdays 4PM www.CentralCityRadio.com Or catch them on Facebook. For sponsorships contact Gonzalez at MartinGonzalezonline@hotmail.com or www.ChipsNSalsaShow.com
AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham hosts a pre-recorded radio program at 7 am., every Sunday morning on 960 AM (The Patriot) at 7AM.
LD27 Chairman Ron Harders will host the ChiTown ExPat radio program at 2pm every Saturday through October on KING FM. Sponsors needed. Interviewees should call 602-243-0111 to schedule an appearance. Contact: Harders firstname.lastname@example.org
Congressman Trent Franks will be at the Westside GOP office, 99th Ave/Bell Road between 5-6:30 pm., Wed., July 27. Light refreshments will be served. Yard signs will be available. RSVP to Shari Farrington at email@example.com or 602 820 4350.
Attention Republican Candidates: If your event announcement is not posted within 24 hours from the time you submitted it - Briefs did NOT receive it. Please resend it to either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Briefs does NOT post endorsements, nor does it endorse candidates. – Editor Frosty Taylor
Maricopa County Sheriff candidate Wayne Baker, who owns and operates Superior Consulting & Security Group, can be reached at (602)499-1075 for speaking engagements.
Anyone Wishing A Presentation from former Secretary of State Ken Bennett, who is currently running for Congress, can host an event by signing up at BennettForCongress.com
Editor’s Note: Briefs means brief, short, concise. To those submitting commentary – there is a 300 word limit on postings. If you exceed the word limit, your commentary will either not be posted or it will be edited to conform to the word limit policy– Frosty Taylor
The Tempe Republican Women will meet at 6:30 pm., Aug 22 (No July mtg) at the Pyle Center (Rural/Southern) to hear Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery address human smuggling and sex trafficking. IF there is a quorum, TPW will also vote on Bylaws Amendments Contact Chr Jessica Merrow firstname.lastname@example.org
The Arizona Game and Fish Department is offering wildlife enthusiasts an opportunity to join biologists in netting bats from 7:30-10 p.m. Aug. 6 along the Verde River, north of Scottsdale. Arizona is home to 28 species of bats, many of which live and forage right in our own backyards. This event is a great way to experience these fascinating, yet often misunderstood, creatures in person. "We’ve had good luck netting bats along the Verde," said Randy Babb, watchable wildlife program manager. "We typically capture three to five species and sometimes get something unusual, which can be really exciting. Captured bats will be identified, examined and released unharmed." Babb said other species that might be encountered include snakes and other reptiles, along with owls and various rodents."It’s a really nice way to spend a warm summer evening," Babb said. The registration fee is $25 per person (10 and older). Participation is limited to 20 people. To register contact Joe Yarchin at (623) 236-7589 or email@example.com.
Kathy Pearce, Founder, CEO AZ Heroes to Hometowns, is making plans for the annual ‘Turkeys to Troops’ to feed 2,500 families a Thanksgiving dinner. They will be providing OEF/OIF Injured/Wounded Troops, Deployed Military Families, Guard, Reserves, and Active Duty Military with the fixings for a Thanksgiving dinner for their families. AZ Heroes to Hometowns has entered into partnership with local food banks to provide 2,500 food boxes to support these military families for the 2016 Thanksgiving season. AZ Heroes to Hometowns is in need of 2,500 - $25.00 grocery gift cards or monetary donations for a turkey or ham to complete the food boxes for Thanksgiving. Donations of grocery gift cards and checks may be mailed to AZ Heroes to Hometowns. Also, Pay-Pal may be used for donations; information can be located at www.azheroestohometowns.org. All donations received with subject: Turkey to Troops will be used for this project. Donations are needed by November 11th, 2016 to allow time for the purchase of grocery gift cards and deliver them to the six Arizona locations to be distributed along with the food boxes. Contact Pearce at 480-330-1632 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Hillary’s America: The secret history of the Democratic Party has received a tremendous reception in Phoenix, according to Dinesh D'Souza. incredible numbers
Daisy Mountain Tea Party Chairman and PC Vera Anderson is working with the Phoenix Police Dept. to get a Blue Ribbon Campaign going to support local Law Enforcement officers. She needs $300 for buttons. Anyone wishing to contribute to the cause cane reach her at email@example.com and 602-821-4675.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Heirs of the Republican will host a private viewing of “Hillary’s America: The History of the Democratic Party” at 10:30 am., Sat., July 23 at the Century Theatres at the Oro Valley Marketplace, 12155 N. Oracle Road in Oro Valley. Tickets - $10 each. Reservations - firstname.lastname@example.org website www.HerisOfTheRepublic.com
A Meet & Greet for US Senate candidate Dr. Kelli Ward is scheduled at 11:30 am, July 23 at the Sugarbowl, 4005 N Scottsdale Road in Scottsdale. Contact: Carolyn Leff at email@example.com or 1-928-230-0633.
A Wine & Chocolate Fundraiser for incumbent Board of Supervisor candidate Jack Smith is scheduled at 6:30 pm., Sat., Jun 23 at the Residence Inn, 3599 Lee Circle in Prescott, featuring Rep Karen Fann and Arizona Corporation Commissioner Andy Tobin. $50 per person. Tickets/RSVP – 928-460-2961 or www.jackSmithAZ.com
A Women of Courage Luncheon fundraiser for Maricopa County Supt of Schools candidate Jana Jackson is scheduled at 1 pm, July 23 at the Deer Valley Airport Restaurant, 702 W Deer Valley Road in Phoenix. $25 per ticket. RSVP by June 21 to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 602-516-4781.
A Fundraiser For Payson City Council Candidate Janell Sterner will be held from 11:30 am-1 pm., Sat., July 23 at Republican Headquarters, 307 C South Beeline Hwy (behind the Buffalo Grill). Refreshments available. RSVP required for head count. Tickets - $10 each; can be purchased at the door. Contact: Lolly Hathhorn at 928-474-2334.
The ‘Women of Courage” Candidates Fundraiser is scheduled between 1-3 pm., Sat., July 23 at the Deer Valley Airport. Tickets - $25.
A ‘Retirement Party for Sen John McCain’ is planned on Monday evening, July 25, complete with a retirement cake and featuring US Senate candidate Dr. Kelli Ward and former congressman Tom Tancredo. Suggested donations $30 per person or $50 per couple. For reservations contact Karen Schutte at 520.877.3230 or 520.241.2256 or RSVP to email@example.com or 623-451-692 or www.kelliward.com/retiremccainparty
LD18 Senate Candidate Frank Schmuck volunteers will meet at 7 pm., Mon., July 25 at 233 W Krista Way in Tempe on how to use your time to make a real difference in this primary election. Contact: Team Schmuck Chairman Dan Schultz at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Fountain Hills Republican Club's GOP Social will start at 6 pm., Tues., July 26 in the Fireside Grill inside the Lexington Hotel, 12800 N Saguaro Blvd, FH 85268. The GOP Socials are scheduled for the 4th Thursday of each month and will continue throughout the summer and fall at the Fireside Grill. These are social events. No Speeches, no reservations, no host bar/drinks (with optional food) in a friendly social atmosphere at a local bar/restaurant. Everyone is welcome. Socialize with old friends while making new friends. The Fountain Hills Republican Club's "GOP Socials" are open to all interested persons, membership in the FH Republican Club is not required.
US Senate candidate Dr Kelli Ward is hosting a Meet And Greet at 10 am., July 26 at the Bungalow, 48 N Robson in Mesa.
Congressman Trent Franks is hosting a Coffee with the Congressman at 8:30 am, Wed., July 27 at 7121 W Bell Rd, Glendale (lower level conference room). RSVP to Shari Farrington email@example.com
Americans for Prosperity will host a luncheon in Tucson and a dinner in Phoenix on Fri., July 29 to discuss the future of school choice, education reform, and celebrate the birthday of the late economist Milton Friendman with speak Max Eden, a senior fellow at the Manhattan Institute. Use these links to sign up for the event closest to you. TUCSON LUNCH PHOENIX DINNER Contact: Tom Jenney, AZ Director of APF firstname.lastname@example.org
300 word limit policy. If statements exceeds the limit, it will be edited.
Congressman Paul Gosar: Time to Unite: “A Clinton Administration will expand Obama’s amnesty policies that have resulted in the death of innocent Americans. Hillary Clinton will trample on the Second Amendment and strip guns away from law-abiding citizens. A Clinton Administration will continue the onslaught of overreaching and unconstitutional energy regulations that are killing jobs and harming American energy production. Hillary Clinton will appoint liberal justices that attempt to legislate from the bench. When it comes to Benghazi, Americans died and then Hillary Clinton lied. She has proven she can’t be trusted and is not responsible enough to handle classified information. Open borders and illegal immigration are the number one threat to our nation’s security. Donald Trump will secure the border and make America safe again. The EPA and Obama Administration are killing us in the West. Donald Trump has an America First Energy Plan that will rescind the EPA’s WOTUS rule, terminate Obama’s unconstitutional Climate Action Plan, restart the Keystone Pipeline and embrace a true “All-of-the-Above” energy strategy. Donald Trump has pledged to be a strong defender of the Second Amendment and to appoint conservatives to the Supreme Court. I wholeheartedly support Donald Trump and his vision to make America great again. Now is the time to unite. I encourage Conservatives, Republicans and all freedom-loving Americans that want to take back our country to embrace Donald Trump’s campaign.”
· Republican-National-Convention-Arizona-Director-Avinash-Iragavarapu This Man May Be The Most Important Arizona Republican Who Can't Vote
· I Have A Personal Message For Cruz, Kasich And Trump